The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Removal of /roll system EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Removal of /roll system EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Removal of /roll system EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Removal of /roll system EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Removal of /roll system EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Removal of /roll system EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Removal of /roll system EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Removal of /roll system EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Removal of /roll system EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Removal of /roll system EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Removal of /roll system

+3
DIABLO258
General Bravo
Gremnkai
7 posters

Go down

Should Roll be removed? (Read the console before voting)

Removal of /roll system Vote_b2057%Removal of /roll system Vote_b19 57% 
[ 4 ]
Removal of /roll system Vote_b2043%Removal of /roll system Vote_b19 43% 
[ 3 ]
Removal of /roll system Vote_b200%Removal of /roll system Vote_b19 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Removal of /roll system Empty Removal of /roll system

Post  Gremnkai Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Earlier today when I was fighting Nick Bradford we used the /roll and even though I'm an 02 I had one successful roll. He was legitly able to throw my CCA off the bridge with the rolls he was getting. Unitbravo agrees with me on this one aswell.

** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 aims the shotgun at the rebel at the same time he comes around
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] aims his AR2
CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 says "<:: We are in a prediciment"
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "Little bit."
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 charge foward atttempts to knock the ar2 out of his hand with his shotgun butt
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 has rolled 4 out of 100.
** Nick Bradford has rolled 88 out of 100.
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] gets way the fuck out of the way
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] aims
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 dashes foward missing then he turns toward tthe rebel
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "Nice try."
CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 says "<:: How about you leave and we can end this situation right now."
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "I'll back down if you do."
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 does not trust the Rebel and he keeps aiming at him
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] does the same, knowing CPs aren't to be trusted
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 dashes foward ducking under his gun attempting to trip him
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 has rolled 0 out of 100.
** Nick Bradford has rolled 92 out of 100.
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] charges directly at him with the butt of his gun
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] connects
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 stumbles back from the weight of the gun
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] backs up, holding his aim
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 rubs his mask wincing a little under it
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "So."
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "Drop your weapons and you can leave with your life."
CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 says "<:: Haha."
CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 says "<:: You would just kill me as I walked away"
CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 says "<:: How about you give up and I will make sure you die in a less brutal way."
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "How 'bout no?"
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "Way I see it, you got two options."
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "Option one, press the issue, in which case you will die, or option two."
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "Listen to me, and you MIGHT die."
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 slowly walks toward him hoping he won't notice
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 has rolled 30 out of 100.
** Nick Bradford has rolled 77 out of 100.
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] notices and levels his aim visibly
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 backs up to his original position
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "Oh, and I'm not the one backed into a corner here. Food for thought. If you can still think."
CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 says "<:: I'm just examining your natural habitat. The Little corner where you curl up in."
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] laughs
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "Yeah, alright."
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 examines it slightly "I Do know, but we are at a close enough range where this shotgun can do some serious damage."
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "So then we both die. What good does that do you? No torture, no interrogation."
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "No fun at all for a sick bastard like yourself."
CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 says "<:: A rebel died by my hands thats good enough."
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "Yeah, you know how many of you have died to mine?"
[Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] says "Suffice to say enough."
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 attempts to roll to the side and shoot at his legs
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 has rolled 44 out of 100.
** Nick Bradford has rolled 39 out of 100.
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] gets knocked to a crouch but aims for the unit's chest
** Nick Bradford has rolled 91 out of 100.
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] fires
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 has rolled 73 out of 100.
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 gets rocked back by the shots but pulls the trigger of his gun
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 has rolled 96 out of 100.
** Nick Bradford has rolled 1 out of 100.
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 has rolled 22 out of 100.
** Nick Bradford has rolled 45 out of 100.
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 land son the ground
** CCA-C18-HELIX-02.96244 groans in pain from the shots and lays there unmoving
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] limps over and presses the gun barrel on the unit's head
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] ties his dead body
** [Age 32|5'10'|Resistan...] laughs
Then after this he threw me off the bridge.... This was really bull not that I lost just that I had no chance to win at all.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Removal of /roll system Empty Re: Removal of /roll system

Post  General Bravo Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Yeah, I mean, I took a shot to the leg but that was about it. Random luck of roll basically let me do whatever I wanted merely because his rolls weren't good enough to stop me. I can come up with a few ways to clarify how a P2L method would work, but the fact that stuff like this can happen with rolling makes me seriously question how realistic of a system the one we're using is.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:54 pm

See this is what I was waiting for.
Not because its what I wanted, but when I re-introduced P2L + Rolling I expected this to happen and change.

Poll shall remain. I am leaving it to the community to vote, seeing as I already made the wrong decision.

Smile
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:08 pm

I always did want us to go P2L....

it got opted out in late SOTA/ Earlier TC because no one understood it. or just didnt feel like thinking hard enough to fight with P2L.

I like it because it just forces the two sides to be as descriptive as possible, and its up to them to decide what would be realistic and what wouldnt be. /roll gives a GIANT bunch of room for unrealistic stuff to happen. half the gameplay is the /me's, why do they depend on luck- something dat might not even exist.

and you have to actually examine each char and what their capable of...

augs...
emotions...
experience...
etc.

/roll is
/me kills combine
type material.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:57 pm

I just fought a civilian where it was basically we just gave up. We never got anything accomplished because of /roll.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Look man... First of all, think about this. There are very few people that have ever gotten far outside of the CCA because of P2L. Dude, I'm sorry that you got some shitty rolls. But thats why its there. Because its about realism. People are tiered of easily being overpowered. Sure, we have OTA and Officers who get positives to rolls and all that, because they have combat augments. Everyone else gets a normal roll, unless, say, they are 20 pounds because they are starving or they are holding a baby or something. In that case, they would get negatives. And even so, this is a P2L PLUS Rolling server. Thats something we all have to learn. There is a gunshot comin' to you, and you dodge it. You are a citizen, you aren't going to fight back, you are going to run the fuck away. P2L PLUS Rolling at its finest. THirdly, in the case of rolling a 2 or lower, you get a free re-roll. Because lets face it, a score that low is just bullshit. Gremlin, we have all had problems with these systems. But trust me when I say this... You do not want P2L. Yes, it is supposed to be REALLY hard to get in the Resistance. Yes, it is hard to win a fight with a CP. And thats why it is P2L PLUS Rolling. You try to punch a CP in the gut. You win the roll. The CP is wearing armor. You probably didn't hurt him too bad or you cracked a finger bone.You try to shoot someone in the chest that is a part of the Resistance or a CP. He is wearing kevlar, you give him damage in the way of force, but you don't puncture him too badly if at all. People need to understand. This was never JUST rolling. P2L was SUPPOSED to be here from the start. But rolling had to be implemented.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Burnt Leaf (Greek) wrote:Look man... First of all, think about this. There are very few people that have ever gotten far outside of the CCA because of P2L. Dude, I'm sorry that you got some shitty rolls. But thats why its there. Because its about realism. People are tiered of easily being overpowered. Sure, we have OTA and Officers who get positives to rolls and all that, because they have combat augments. Everyone else gets a normal roll, unless, say, they are 20 pounds because they are starving or they are holding a baby or something. In that case, they would get negatives. And even so, this is a P2L PLUS Rolling server. Thats something we all have to learn. There is a gunshot comin' to you, and you dodge it. You are a citizen, you aren't going to fight back, you are going to run the fuck away. P2L PLUS Rolling at its finest. THirdly, in the case of rolling a 2 or lower, you get a free re-roll. Because lets face it, a score that low is just bullshit. Gremlin, we have all had problems with these systems. But trust me when I say this... You do not want P2L. Yes, it is supposed to be REALLY hard to get in the Resistance. Yes, it is hard to win a fight with a CP. And thats why it is P2L PLUS Rolling. You try to punch a CP in the gut. You win the roll. The CP is wearing armor. You probably didn't hurt him too bad or you cracked a finger bone.You try to shoot someone in the chest that is a part of the Resistance or a CP. He is wearing kevlar, you give him damage in the way of force, but you don't puncture him too badly if at all. People need to understand. This was never JUST rolling. P2L was SUPPOSED to be here from the start. But rolling had to be implemented.

Very well said. Honestly I have really no opinion on this topic. Rolling is implemented into the game mode so why not use it?
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:24 am

Burnt Leaf (Greek) wrote:Look man... First of all, think about this. There are very few people that have ever gotten far outside of the CCA because of P2L. Dude, I'm sorry that you got some shitty rolls. But thats why its there. Because its about realism. People are tiered of easily being overpowered. Sure, we have OTA and Officers who get positives to rolls and all that, because they have combat augments. Everyone else gets a normal roll, unless, say, they are 20 pounds because they are starving or they are holding a baby or something. In that case, they would get negatives. And even so, this is a P2L PLUS Rolling server. Thats something we all have to learn. There is a gunshot comin' to you, and you dodge it. You are a citizen, you aren't going to fight back, you are going to run the fuck away. P2L PLUS Rolling at its finest. THirdly, in the case of rolling a 2 or lower, you get a free re-roll. Because lets face it, a score that low is just bullshit. Gremlin, we have all had problems with these systems. But trust me when I say this... You do not want P2L. Yes, it is supposed to be REALLY hard to get in the Resistance. Yes, it is hard to win a fight with a CP. And thats why it is P2L PLUS Rolling. You try to punch a CP in the gut. You win the roll. The CP is wearing armor. You probably didn't hurt him too bad or you cracked a finger bone.You try to shoot someone in the chest that is a part of the Resistance or a CP. He is wearing kevlar, you give him damage in the way of force, but you don't puncture him too badly if at all. People need to understand. This was never JUST rolling. P2L was SUPPOSED to be here from the start. But rolling had to be implemented.

Beautifully put, Greek.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:25 am

DIABLO258 wrote:

Beautifully put, Greek.

Removal of /roll system 1350364895789
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:20 am

See, the thing I'm trying to emphasize here is that any shitizen could've strolled up and done this, albeit not as quickly, merely by lucky rolls. The only thing to stop them would be a thin barrier of fearRP, and then some people ignore that anyway. The farce I watched yesterday where two armed units simply could not apprehend one unarmed citizen merely because her rolls were better was, for me, the last straw. It made absolutely no sense how she could fight two armed units for the better part of 10 minutes and then escape afterwards.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Well...
at the beginning of every conflict.
everyone involved just picks whether they want P2L or rolling.
or both.

The idea of p2l+ rolling was neat, but no one does P2L and thats why we still have problems.

When one person p2ls like good guy greg, and the other doesnt, good guy greg gets fucked. and since hes good guy greg, he doesnt point out the other person is being a negus because hes good.

if one person P2L's
so does the other.

it keeps things balanced.
o and greek.
if only everyone did everything mentioned in your post.
than we would have a perfuct world.
imeanuh.
server.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:53 am

The Poll is going to end at 2:34 PM today. Vote before then and whichever side wins, wins.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:42 am

You could have at least allowed vote cancellation. What if someone changed their mind?
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Burnt Leaf (Greek) wrote:You could have at least allowed vote cancellation. What if someone changed their mind?

I agree. I am restarting the vote to end at 12pm tomorrow.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:18 pm

See from where I see it, you need to FearRP as well. So in a sence, not everyone can just "get lucky" because then everyone is breaking the rules. CP's are still powerful mother fuckers with Rolling. You just gotta play the part as scared citizen.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:31 am

The issue is some people aren't doing fearRP. This results in me watching in observer as an unarmed citizen brawled with two armed CPs for about 10 minutes and then escaped purely due to better rolls. I think there needs to be a more clear regulation to set realism, because when I saw that it made no damn sense at all. I'll try to hammer some sort of set guidelines out.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:41 am

UnitBravo342 wrote:The issue is some people aren't doing fearRP. This results in me watching in observer as an unarmed citizen brawled with two armed CPs for about 10 minutes and then escaped purely due to better rolls. I think there needs to be a more clear regulation to set realism, because when I saw that it made no damn sense at all. I'll try to hammer some sort of set guidelines out.

I can see why that can be a problem, but it also is a solution. You can have luck streaks and bad luck streaks in real life. I guarantee you that citizen had the time of his life while waiting on those rolls then finding out he won them. I think the situation you gave was fine rp wise. If the citizen though managed to kill a cp, then there'd be some issues, otherwise that person will remember that moment forever.

On a side note, if people are worried that its to even, give all cps some roll bonus. This isn't based on augs but pure environment. Citizens are malnourished and weak. They also have the most numbers and set the standard for rolls.
RCT's are citizens in uniform, no bonus.
06-04 are well nourished and in-shape +5
03-SeC are highly trained and in even better shape +10
Augs are independent and add onto chars existing roll bonus
SeC's augs are +15 so in total SeC has +25

This would go the other way to.
Maligs are refugees and have no bonus.
Rebel Regulars are well nourished and in-shape +5
Rebel Leaders are highly trained and in even better shape +10
Augs are independent if they have any.

I'll repost this in another thread but this may even out the balancing problem.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down