The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
These LONG years. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
These LONG years. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
These LONG years. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
These LONG years. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
These LONG years. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
These LONG years. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
These LONG years. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
These LONG years. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
These LONG years. EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
These LONG years. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

These LONG years.

3 posters

Go down

These LONG years. Empty These LONG years.

Post  Jaquecz Sat May 01, 2021 4:39 pm

Kind of funky to think that this was a significant part of my life. Pleasant and unpleasantness, both in huge droves. Displays of my attempts at levity's incredible hit or miss nature having been plastered all over the place really refreshes old memories. Even more surprising is that (relatively) recent posts, I would've thought at this point the community would've splintered into people who kept trying to get something like the old HL2RP experiences and others who left and for the most part, didn't look back.

I was only 14 then, hard to believe I'm nearly 10 years older.
(was there an age restriction on these servers? I sure as hell ignored them, such a webul lmao.)

I'd say sorry for the things I did, (I can almost recall them clearly) but that would be a lie. As I wholeheartedly enjoyed my experiences, even the cars that got dropped on me. (Bravo and Noobstrike were by far the most entertaining people, Tyrone was my favorite character to get mugged by.)

I'm glad I came to this server, and I'm glad I left. I can't say I cared too much about the RP side of things, truthfully. I was always really just looking for some entertainment, some giggles, at others expenses. Which definitely led to some bans. But I did enjoy more or less everyone's interactions, because in the end the experiences unironically shaped me as a person going forward. (I didn't go outside or talk to people much back then, I'd say why but this post is already getting too long and I have wasteful hobbies to attend to.)

I got a taste for the grand fantasy, a rather warped sense of humor (by far my best trait if reception by friends are anything to go by) As well as a healthy dose of reality, drama is. after all, a part of any community, but because of those I had expectations tempered and my emotions so much more under control than when I went in. It really helped me become a better person, which is hilarious because this is a community where people act out characters who can only express emotions through text; maybe it's an indicator that my life wasn't very hot back then.

I'm not too sure what this post was, I mostly feel like I just let my thoughts spill. though if any of you are reading, thanks for the two years, or was it 3? To this day I'm not sure whether or not I loved or hated the server but I don't regret any of it, truly. I don't get to say that often.

If I was a more mushy kind of person, I might say I miss all of you.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

These LONG years. Empty Re: These LONG years.

Post  Mahunik Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:46 pm

Every blue moon I find myself having some old nostalgic gmod rp memories and end up on this forum. I must say, the experiences of playing on this server and having the chance of being the co-owner of the community was something ill never forget. The days playing as CP and as a resistance leader are probably not able to be replicated. It is funny to say that I'm now a city cop in upstate new york and never thought that would be true when I was 15 or 16 years old playing gmod as a civil protection unit.. cheers to the good memories.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am

I am genuinely happy to see new posts here from time to time. Like many of you I look at this place in a very similar light. I learned a lot about myself here, and it shaped me into who I am today. Whether or not you liked The Crew is yours to decide, but am I glad to hear from you, and I am glad to know you're doing well.

We think of you too, and dare I say it, I miss you guys.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down