The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio

+4
Unknown
Chris10023
Atlas
General Bravo
8 posters

Go down

Should this be removed?

Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio Vote_b2075%Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio Vote_b19 75% 
[ 6 ]
Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio Vote_b2025%Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio Vote_b19 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio Empty Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio

Post  General Bravo Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 am

I am sure some of you are aware of this already, but for those that somehow are not, I will explain what I am referring to. A little while ago, the pharmacy was either removed or moved to the hospital and a bar was put in its place for people to hang out and get drinks. There was also a radio entity type thing coded in to play music.

Problems with this:
-The music download for the radio thing is long. Not the most tedious download I've endured, but still pretty long. It will be around 5 minutes or so waiting to load everything for at least the initial download. I find this pointless, if you really want club music, just shift tab and search up something on YouTube.
-The bar sells alcohol when our Canon and IC regulations have made alcohol illegal since TC's creation.
-A bar existing in a Combine-controlled sector is just way too off any established canon, both from HL2 and our own canon, to make any sense.

For these reasons, I move that these be removed from the server as soon as possible. Post your thoughts on this below.

EDIT: Poll added.

Last edited by General Bravo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio Empty Re: Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio

Post  [Redacted] Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:19 pm

I for one thing it's extremely un-cannon/realistic and would prefer if it were removed from the server as soon as possible since it's causing people to hate on it. It's a cool speculation on a potential element but not for serious rp in the hl2 universe. In my opinion, I think it is a cool idea but it is not for half life 2 rp, I feel it is as if it is breathing a dark rp element into the server and as a result it will break away from the hl2rp immersion, so I am going to have to + support the removing of it. another thing is, why was it just added without consulting the community? Perhaps if this was a different type of rp server such as fallout rp and we had like fallout radio songs that would feel immersive and in that universe but honestly, the combine aren't about to let the citizens get drunk and listen to their favorite songs or what is the point in enslaving them? I thing it's safe to say that the whole point of there being a restricted area in the level is so that you can find stuff you won't otherwise find, stuff that wouldn't be allowed, so yeah you'd find a bar in the slums because beer is illegal. But finding beer in the plaza? What is the point of contraband and shit if you are selling it in a place with the rule that if it's seen outside of that place it is wrong and will be met by verdict. That is just handing it out to them so they can take it to places they shouldn't. I donno in all honesty I never really thought the bar was the best idea.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio Empty Re: Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:22 pm

+Support I've been on the fence for this, but it all adds up to it should not be there. It's the COMBINE we're talking about. There is no way they'd allow legal alcohol anywhere, or a place to have fun. Sure it's an alright idea. For HL2RP, it's an awful idea.

I don't even see people in there anymore! So with all of the reasons already listed + the low use of it, it should be removed.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:43 pm

Poll added, though based on posts so far it might be kind of moot.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:33 pm

General Bravo wrote:
-The music download for the radio thing is long. Not the most tedious download I've endured, but still pretty long. It will be around 5 minutes or so waiting to load everything for at least the initial download. I find this pointless, if you really
This actually sucks a lot. Waiting for something that nobody uses or has the use for, is not fun.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:48 pm

-support

Man you people do nothing but complain about this, instead of trying to compromise and tweek the bar to something that can work, lets just get rid of it all together. Lets not debate or anything, just get rid of it. What people don't understand is that this bar adds a lot of RP to the server, maybe we can consider the bar OOC, where you act IC but any info you learn could be treated OOC and can't be used outside of that bar. Or just get rid of the alcohol and just serve Breens water or something. As for the radio, the songs could be slow calming instrumental music, rather than "Killing In The Name Of" and related songs. Songs like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhJTMeytTWw would wok out a lot smoother.
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Chris10023 wrote:-support
What people don't understand is that this bar adds a lot of RP to the server, maybe we can consider the bar OOC, where you act IC but any info you learn could be treated OOC and can't be used outside of that bar..
Could you be a little more specific with this? Mainly "act IC but any info you learn could be treated OOC".
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Chris10023 wrote:-support

Man you people do nothing but complain about this, instead of trying to compromise and tweek the bar to something that can work, lets just get rid of it all together. Lets not debate or anything, just get rid of it. What people don't understand is that this bar adds a lot of RP to the server, maybe we can consider the bar OOC, where you act IC but any info you learn could be treated OOC and can't be used outside of that bar. Or just get rid of the alcohol and just serve Breens water or something. As for the radio, the songs could be slow calming instrumental music, rather than "Killing In The Name Of" and related songs. Songs like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhJTMeytTWw would wok out a lot smoother.
^^^

I have to -Support removing the bar. There is just no reason to, Chris has a point.

Instead of just complaining about something randomly you should try compromising and coming to an agreement. Nowhere does it truly say that alcohol is illegal in the Combine world. In C17 you see multiple bottles of empty beer. And don't try and say its from before the war, that just wouldn't make any sense. People would have already cleaned it up or they would have broken during or after the war. This means the beer bottles are fairly recent and that people in C17 have been drinking beer and the CCA don't really seem to care.

You also have to remember that the Combine don't give a shit about what happens to the people of Earth. If a few idiots die of alcohol poisoning then that's good for them, because their future slaves wont be dumbasses that die on the job. The CCA also wouldn't really care if the citizens had a place to go and relax, but they would still want people to remain civil. For example there would be calm relaxing music with a bit of subliminal messaging to make people more civil. Not dubwub that's going to make people prance around and get pregnant on the dance floor by being penetrated by a unicorn. The Combine just aint going to let that happen, they're going to want people to be calm inside the bar. Because what the CCA DONT want is for people to start a rebellion, and if they are all pissed off and haven't been able to relax in years then they are going to do so. If there is a bar with music and comfy benches then people aren't going to rebel.

And for the drinks, if you people still persist to hate them even after what I have said, then we can just make them non alcoholic, this would make it so civvies could have drinks that are better than Breen's Water, but they would be non alcoholic and instead just have more brainwashing juice.

So instead of you people just +supporting removing the bar because you don't even want to take time to compromise things, just stop.

-Support

[EDIT:] And as for the long download time... Its really not a big fucking deal AT ALL. Most servers have a WAAAAAY longer addon pack/download time or else you cant even play on the server AT ALL. You can still play on TC without downloading the radio, just go into your settings and disable downloading custom content.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:37 pm

It's used for OOC most of the time where I saw people spend their whole time on the server just pissing around in the bar. I understand that the bar could be used for better things than that, but I'm not sure people can handle staying IC while in a bar.

There's something about OOC spam in RP that makes me want to throw someone in a pit of walruses on steroids who are experiencing roid rage that's fueling a hate for that person in the pit.

I'm going to be neutral for now. I'm honestly not sure of taking it out, or leaving it. (I'm indecisive as fuck)
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Alright, Atlas, I see your point here, but you are partially wrong. If you go on the server when it is full/lots of people on it, you actually wont see very many people in the bar. And the people that actually are in the bar are IC.

The bar adds a great amount of passive RP because people are able to go there, order a drink, play some UD and actually make friends, allowing more RP to open up.
And there isn't really any OOC spam or mic spamming at all. What the radio does, is it allows people to not use their mics. Alright, people can use their mics if they want to, but the radio is way better sound quality. The radio basically makes mic spamming obsolete.

We should definably keep the radio, but only play calm music, and CCA should tell people not to dance around.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio Empty Switching to -Support

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:55 pm

//DarkPossum\\ wrote:
The bar adds a great amount of passive RP because people are able to go there, order a drink, play some UD and actually make friends, allowing more RP to open up.
And there isn't really any OOC spam or mic spamming at all. What the radio does, is it allows people to not use their mics. Alright, people can use their mics if they want to, but the radio is way better sound quality. The radio basically makes mic spamming obsolete.

We should definably keep the radio, but only play calm music, and CCA should tell people not to dance around.
Yes! That's a perfect idea. I say we do this. But after this chance, if it doesn't work out, then toss it. As long as people don't abuse it for a bunch of OOC conversations.

Also, if you didn't see my title, I'm switching to -Support now. Better to give it a good opportunity than none at all.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Okay I am removing it from the FTP now.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:34 pm

the protection team meant to PROTECT the citizens.

Instead of fucking around with this bar which really makes no sense at all in the half life cannon, think about what would, work, jobs, etc. Something that involves slavery.

[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:41 pm

It's had an opportunity. From what I've heard, it goes mostly unused.

Places where people can, and should, be allowed to passive RP and make friends are places like the cafe and the CAH. Not some randomly added bar that people suddenly want to defend. Frankly, no debate was had to add it, nobody was saying "man, the thing we need to fix TC is a bar", it just kind of happened. And people apparently want to defend its existence when there's no IC basis for it. Do the CCA give a flying fuck about individual citizens? No. Are they going to give citizens easy methods to skullfuck themselves like alcohol? Of course not. Who's to say the beer bottles laying around aren't just recycled for like, "Sparkling Flavored Breens Private Reserve" or something because human factories that make such things largely no longer exist?

Trying to tweak something to work when it shouldn't really be there in the first place doesn't make sense. If you have a bunch of cells in your body growing where they don't belong, do you just try to find a way to reroute things so that it isn't a oroblem? No. You cut that shit out. Same thing here. The bar and radio add nothing to the quality of passiveRP that isn't doable elsewhere, but people simply refuse to try elsewhere.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Holler wrote:...the protection team meant to PROTECT the citizens.
Wrong, they are here to protect society. Not you.

Holler wrote:Instead of fucking around with this bar which really makes no sense at all in the half life cannon, think about what would, work, jobs, etc. Something that involves slavery.
You guys are the ones putting up places like "The Nargodian." "The Foto Shop."

DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:44 pm

Immediate Removal of the Bar and Radio Tumblr_leozdsXX9I1qc7lyk
This is pretty much what I'm feeling, just looking at this thread.

Beer = CCA beer?
Anyone ever thought of that?

btw I pretty much left around x time ago.
In-case anyone, liek, cared.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Meleepayne wrote:
Beer = CCA beer?
Anyone ever thought of that?
Have not. Don't see why'd they would waste making alcoholic drinks. But I don't know.

Meleepayne wrote:
btw I pretty much left around x time ago.
In-case anyone, liek, cared.
Specify the time because you could have just been busy as far as we know. Also, you posted last on August 5 and July 29. Are you saying you were gone for a long time?
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:16 pm

General Bravo wrote:It's had an opportunity. From what I've heard, it goes mostly unused.

Places where people can, and should, be allowed to passive RP and make friends are places like the cafe and the CAH. Not some randomly added bar that people suddenly want to defend. Frankly, no debate was had to add it, nobody was saying "man, the thing we need to fix TC is a bar", it just kind of happened. And people apparently want to defend its existence when there's no IC basis for it. Do the CCA give a flying fuck about individual citizens? No. Are they going to give citizens easy methods to skullfuck themselves like alcohol? Of course not. Who's to say the beer bottles laying around aren't just recycled for like, "Sparkling Flavored Breen's Private Reserve" or something because human factories that make such things largely no longer exist?

Trying to tweak something to work when it shouldn't really be there in the first place doesn't make sense. If you have a bunch of cells in your body growing where they don't belong, do you just try to find a way to reroute things so that it isn't a problem? No. You cut that shit out. Same thing here. The bar and radio add nothing to the quality of passiveRP that isn't doable elsewhere, but people simply refuse to try elsewhere.
Did you even read my post? I suggested we debate it to make a simple compromise, but you're not. Only you and holler are the only one's who are complaining about it, I have made multiple suggestions on what we could do, both on here and on the server but you did nothing to accept my idea's, only continued to complain. Not to mention, if you don't like it, don't go there, no one's forcing you to go to the bar.
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wowdah Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Chris10023 wrote:
General Bravo wrote:It's had an opportunity. From what I've heard, it goes mostly unused.

Places where people can, and should, be allowed to passive RP and make friends are places like the cafe and the CAH. Not some randomly added bar that people suddenly want to defend. Frankly, no debate was had to add it, nobody was saying "man, the thing we need to fix TC is a bar", it just kind of happened. And people apparently want to defend its existence when there's no IC basis for it. Do the CCA give a flying fuck about individual citizens? No. Are they going to give citizens easy methods to skullfuck themselves like alcohol? Of course not. Who's to say the beer bottles laying around aren't just recycled for like, "Sparkling Flavored Breen's Private Reserve" or something because human factories that make such things largely no longer exist?

Trying to tweak something to work when it shouldn't really be there in the first place doesn't make sense. If you have a bunch of cells in your body growing where they don't belong, do you just try to find a way to reroute things so that it isn't a problem? No. You cut that shit out. Same thing here. The bar and radio add nothing to the quality of passiveRP that isn't doable elsewhere, but people simply refuse to try elsewhere.
Did you even read my post? I suggested we debate it to make a simple compromise, but you're not. Only you and holler are the only one's who are complaining about it, I have made multiple suggestions on what we could do, both on here and on the server but you did nothing to accept my idea's, only continued to complain. Not to mention, if you don't like it, don't go there, no one's forcing you to go to the bar.
   I simply don't enjoy the RP it provokes. There's already been plenty of bar fights, Not to mention alcohol is flammable and a hazard. (I specifically remember assisting an assassination using the all-too accessible alcohol to flame the bejeezus out of a CWU member.) If we cannot run,jump, or curse, why would the CCA legalize alcohol when it alters behavior usually as so?

We should be trying to bring in a population that we obviously need onto the server, and what sense does it make to have to wait 5-15 minutes to do so?

Wait I find as a main issue is alcohol drinks themselves as-well as the dance floor. I assume that if there were to be music, it'd have to be music obviously approved by the CCA.
Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Wowdah wrote:If we cannot run,jump, or curse, why would the CCA legalize alcohol when it alters behavior usually as so?
Exactly. LET'S GIVE SOME OF THAT BREEN'S WATER.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:14 pm

This matter has been settled already. Feel free to come to any of us in the admin squad with further questions, comments, or concerns. With that being said...
THREAD LOCKED
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down