The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
New Division Suggestion EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
New Division Suggestion EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
New Division Suggestion EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
New Division Suggestion EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
New Division Suggestion EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
New Division Suggestion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
New Division Suggestion EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
New Division Suggestion EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
New Division Suggestion EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
New Division Suggestion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

New Division Suggestion

+3
Corestealer
Slashraider
Noobstrike
7 posters

Go down

New Division Suggestion Empty New Division Suggestion

Post  Noobstrike Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:09 pm

So that post about fires gave me an idea for a new division.
Remember: IT'S AN IDEA. Don't rape me. Feel free to add things, suggest things, comment what you think should be removed, or if we should just scrap the whole thing.

Anyway.

I've noticed the CCA never really had like...an emergency response team.
Or forensics. We have so much technology but dropped finger printing and crime investigation.

-Fire Fighters
-EMT's
-Detectives
All of that went away somewhere when the world got fooqed.

Well I wanted to make a division to make a hybrid of those jobs.
Rather than detaining and beating citizens, lugging around heavy equipment to fire at rebels, or chasing people through the slums, this division's focus is the city, and the citizens that dwell in it.

I don't have a name yet, I'm thinking "Shield", it can be changed, but for now Ill refer to it as shield.

So basically, they travel light. They don't lug around tons of grenades, breaches, ammo, or large assault rifles and explosives. They spend most of their time in the city, unless called to help with a D6 sweep or other event.

They carry chemical items to douse fires, small throwable objects to suffocate the flames, sand for oil spills, portable fire extinguishers, and things like that. They take care of city emergencies and are supposed to be the first on the scene, traveling light allows them to get there quick. They have basic medical training to stabilize basic wounds or burns and turn them over to helix. They monitor the city for machines and services in need of repair, and report them to the NOVA's. They work hand in hand with those two divisions.

The other part of their job is forensics. They are meant to be good speakers, thinkers, and observers. When a crime happens, they act as detectives. Take pictures,do blood tests, fingerprints, watch surveillance, and communicate with the citizens to solve crimes, whether it be vandalism, theft, murder, etc. (How fingerprints will actually work we can try to implement into rp later. It will involve lots of rolling prolly, if the person is wearing gloves, things like that.) Basically gather evidence and apply it to make sure justice is brought into the city. You also can work with citizens/units in detainment to gather evidence for proof of crimes and solve disputes.

Shield's HAVE to be good speakers, and hold a good memory. You will be working alot with citizens, and this may allow you to be slightly friendlier. Perhaps make a private connection, have a citizen blend in to a group and keep an eye on a suspected criminal for you. Or, be twice as brutal to beat out the answers you need. Whatever your tactic is. You keep the city running smoothly, and you especially keep the citizens safe.

You still have your 9mm and mp7 for self defense, but you probably won't be carrying larger guns like the OICW or the AR2. I'm not sure if we need a divisional for this, how big or small it might be. A divisional could organize emergency responses and gather evidence in one place, so idk.

NO this is not an OTA job. OTA cannot be good speakers. Their robots. just noe.

Tell me what you guys think, any name suggestions, model suggestions, improvements, whatever.

Last edited by Noobstrike on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

New Division Suggestion Empty Re: New Division Suggestion

Post  Slashraider Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:40 pm

I actually REALLY like this idea...
+support

If this is added we could use the model in the metropolice pack... I don't know the name but it's orange and has a tank (Like fire extinguisher) on the back of the unit.. Maybe Spec ops? Anyways, this is a great idea.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Corestealer Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:41 pm

+Support
This seems great and I have an addition, for a structure unrest they could have a Jack sort of thing made of the Combine metal to hold it up until the fire is doused (Or Defuse bombs etc.) And perhaps they could have specially designed scanners that are fire resistant to investigate the building to look for people trapped inside and see the percentage of the chance of it collapsing. But these are just suggestions
Corestealer
Corestealer
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:01 pm

I'm liking it. Forensics would be boss as fuck. It's very creative, and has some room for add ons too.

+support

The only thing I'm pissed about is that it'll give me another division to choose from! >.< I'm a very indecisive person.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:13 pm

+Support, I really do like the idea, A division based completely on keeping an eye on the citizens and ensuring safety, but at the same time... They should not be confused for the sort who are "Nice" to citizens. They should be there to save them should an emergency occur, the Nicer ones that can speak to them effectively. Almost like loyalists. So they are the forensics division, I do like the name Shield for this. Makes a lot of sense. It would be cool if there was a voice command we could implement into it. Great Idea, swapping weapons and deadly equipment for dealing with rebel attacks and crime for safety equipment to handle when say a fire strikes or such. I donno, For the model, I was thinking we use the RTB or the one trenchcoat that almost looks like OTA but with that backpack and such it makes sense because they would be carrying all that shit to help. They could have fire resistant uniforms aswell, like firemen.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:19 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:+Support, They should not be confused for the sort who are "Nice" to citizens. They should be there to save them should an emergency occur, the Nicer ones that can speak to them effectively.

They could have fire resistant uniforms aswell, like firemen.

I like the fire resistant uniforms idea alot Smile

The reason I suggested they may be slightly nicer is just so they can communicate better. I doubt citizens will willingly help/trust/give info to some angry anus. And I don't know if some over-angry cca guy will enjoy a division dedicated to helping citizens by saving them or bringing justice for crimes. So its rlly about the personality of the unit I gusse. If shooting up rebels isn't your thing, this could be an option.
They don't HAVE to be nice. could always be like grounchy cmd and beat people for evidence info.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:21 pm

Corestealer wrote:+Support
And perhaps they could have specially designed scanners that are fire resistant to investigate the building to look for people trapped inside and see the percentage of the chance of it collapsing. But these are just suggestions

Thats a neat idea. Only thing is it's pretty difficult to fly a scanner through hallways, and they easily get prop killed/catch on fire. If we do scanners these guys can work with nova, or maybe get some sort of thermal vision in their cca visors to find people through flames like the OTA have.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:37 pm

As far as forensics go I am pretty sure GHOST can do that, and when it come to putting out fires and working with machines that is mostly a NOVA job, so I'm really not sure about this.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:57 pm

//DarkPossum\\ wrote:As far as forensics go I am pretty sure GHOST can do that, and when it come to putting out fires and working with machines that is mostly a NOVA job, so I'm really not sure about this.

But...has any ghost ever BOTHERED to do forensics? that on top of recon/sniping/ building outposts?

And where were the nova machines on the recent RP fires?

jus sayin.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:19 pm

//DarkPossum\\ wrote:As far as forensics go I am pretty sure GHOST can do that, and when it come to putting out fires and working with machines that is mostly a NOVA job, so I'm really not sure about this.

Yeah I mean, you have to think about, with this division in place, it would give all the others time to use what they are designed for for the other more important things, not saying that shield will be the stupid care taker division, it's just that HELIX could be wasting it's time on one citizen when 2 units get blown up, so then what do you do?
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cergis Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:27 pm

+Support I like the idea, Because, It tells us that we dont need to send in 05's and 04's to do the fire kind of jobs,
Cergis
Cergis

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:07 pm

One little bump for today. I'll see wat were doin wif dis by the end of today I gusse.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:09 pm

I do understand the doubts, but I think it's a good idea. It just needs some expansions and work. Nothing major. I think we could really do something with it.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:48 pm

K. this got greenlighted from teh supports and diabloid. I'm gonna beta test it.
It'll be a new added divison, people can join it, I'll answer any questions, train people until we get a possibru dvl for it or I tell other DvL's what to train.

If people like it, it stays.

If it winds up failing, being hated, or abused, it either GTFO's or goes back to the drawing board.
yey.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down