The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*)

+10
Jaquecz
DIABLO258
Mahunik
Unknown
Cergis
Chris10023
General Bravo
Silver
Slashraider
Precinct Helghast
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stay or leave?

Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 Vote_b2085%Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 Vote_b19 85% 
[ 11 ]
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 Vote_b2015%Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 Vote_b19 15% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 Empty Re: Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*)

Post  [Redacted] Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:23 am

Slashraider wrote:Needed to make another post.

After viewing City 23 from House to house and every nook and cranny.... I can say some amazing RP can come from this.... RP that no other servers have nor I have ever experienced my self... Here is just a few ideas that came into mind.

- Sewers: In this map there is plenty of sewers and a group of resistance (maybe not lambda just people who hate CCA or other refugees) can make a camp or group in the sewers and be sort of sewer people....

-Rooftops, there is this one area of this map where you can get on multiple roof tops (without using observer) and can see the ground below them (creating some cool RP with a citizen running on the rooftops while the CCA are below them shooting up)

-Different living areas: As meleepayne said there are many different places to live, there are nice areas for CWU workers and high level loyalist to enjoy life. Then there are shit places where regular citizens sleep on cardboard boxes next to fires. And then the slums where resistance and refugees can relax (But not stay forever!)

-Plaza: This is one of the most amazing plaza's I have ever seen. It is pretty big (but not wide open like c45) and could create some awesome RP with all the shops and homes.

-Nexus: Great Nexus, pretty big to feel not so closed in, and many big open rooms to keep a Helix and a Nova Bay (bigger than any nova or helix bay I have seen) There are multiple rooms to do all sorts of stuff and in the administrator office there is a teleportor (Like the one in Dr. Kliener's lab in "Red Letter Day") Again, some amazing RP.

Allies- CWU and citizens (even CCA!) can be ambushed in this allies and attacked or mugged, thus creating much FearRP that is a must for good RP.

Many Buildings- Another thing is that citizens can be in groups, like the bone gang or something. Maybe a group that hates the resistance, maybe a group that works at the same store or a group that smuggles better food for citizens (like actual food and not shit supplements and expensive take out) Some sort of blackmarket...

CWU Warehouse- There is a giant warehouse filled with boxes that could be used to restock CWU shops which rebels or just hungry citizens can attempt to take during shipments to other shops.

You need new players? Well then you must make the server UNIQUE and create RP that no players have experienced before. This is the map to do it...

City 23. It is Good RPing here.

I do agree with this and we have suggested City 23 before, but the only one downfall to it is, not very many people know of it and I think the main crushing point of that is, it is not available as an addon meaning it is inconvenient to download but you never know, maybe people will download it.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 Empty Re: Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*)

Post  Chris10023 Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:18 am

I think we should just stick to City 18, it has a nice gloomy atmosphere, and all and it's the default map for the game type. It's also the right size for RP, we shouldn't go to City 23 because, we really don't have the population to make that work correctly
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:44 am

City 8 is the main reason that most of the rebels died, all because of a complete lack of space. But we haven't even played it for more then a month. Players should communicate more often and plan when to go on. Switching maps back and forth does get kind of annoying since we spend days preparing a map only to change our minds again.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:52 am

Well we never really voted for a map, DIABLO just kinda decided, I feel more people will have fun with a map they all want to play on.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 am

HollerHavoc wrote:

After viewing City 23 from House to house and every nook and cranny.... I can say some amazing RP can come from this.... RP that no other servers have nor I have ever experienced my self... Here is just a few ideas that came into mind.

- Sewers: In this map there is plenty of sewers and a group of resistance (maybe not lambda just people who hate CCA or other refugees) can make a camp or group in the sewers and be sort of sewer people....

-Rooftops, there is this one area of this map where you can get on multiple roof tops (without using observer) and can see the ground below them (creating some cool RP with a citizen running on the rooftops while the CCA are below them shooting up)

-Different living areas: As meleepayne said there are many different places to live, there are nice areas for CWU workers and high level loyalist to enjoy life. Then there are shit places where regular citizens sleep on cardboard boxes next to fires. And then the slums where resistance and refugees can relax (But not stay forever!)

-Plaza: This is one of the most amazing plaza's I have ever seen. It is pretty big (but not wide open like c45) and could create some awesome RP with all the shops and homes.

-Nexus: Great Nexus, pretty big to feel not so closed in, and many big open rooms to keep a Helix and a Nova Bay (bigger than any nova or helix bay I have seen) There are multiple rooms to do all sorts of stuff and in the administrator office there is a teleportor (Like the one in Dr. Kliener's lab in "Red Letter Day") Again, some amazing RP.

Allies- CWU and citizens (even CCA!) can be ambushed in this allies and attacked or mugged, thus creating much FearRP that is a must for good RP.

Many Buildings- Another thing is that citizens can be in groups, like the bone gang or something. Maybe a group that hates the resistance, maybe a group that works at the same store or a group that smuggles better food for citizens (like actual food and not shit supplements and expensive take out) Some sort of blackmarket...

CWU Warehouse- There is a giant warehouse filled with boxes that could be used to restock CWU shops which rebels or just hungry citizens can attempt to take during shipments to other shops.

You need new players? Well then you must make the server UNIQUE and create RP that no players have experienced before. This is the map to do it...

I do agree with this and we have suggested City 23 before, but the only one downfall to it is, not very many people know of it and I think the main crushing point of that is, it is not available as an addon meaning it is inconvenient to download but you never know, maybe people will download it.

ITS RIGHT HEA BIC BOI
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143076340
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:53 am

Meleepayne wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:

ITS RIGHT HEA BIC BOI
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143076340

Must have added it recently
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:58 am

Looks like C45 and City 08 combined..
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Wowdah Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:39 pm

+Support to leaving C8.
C8 just feels too confined, even including the blocked parts of the map. Even InRP C8 is quite terrible, I haven't seen any showers at all in C8, any toilets that those not in the CWU could freely use, no way to wash our clothes. The CCA has done a very awkward job at enforcing rules in D6, also. I've only seen searches or suspicion from the CCA only 2 or 3 times. For this and plenty reasons stated above, I do not think we should stay at C8 for much longer.

I've played on C18 on other servers, and I think the only part of the map I enjoy is its ability to contain RP and how flexible the map can be. Other than that, if you aren't a rebel, the map can seem, feel, and is quite small.

Although I haven't seen all of our options completely so far, my favorite map is C45. Although quite large, it has comfortable room to roam, and the sky wasn't always night, pitch dark, or otherwise something that isn't both intimidating or depressing. If I had to make a choice however, I would stick with C18.

As far as map changes goes, perhaps something that ties all of the factions together. For example, a resistance uprising with support of the citizens was nearly successful, the reason for this would be the locations that CCA use strategically to keep an eye on citizens were so easily used against them.
Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:11 pm

This is C18. Not C23, anyways at the moment we don't have the pop for it.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:16 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Well, what do you want to do?

Event to go back? Or just go back and act like we never went to City 8, just to fill in all gaps?

I say we just void going to City 8, and transfer to City 18 from C45. But im not sure what this would mean about all of the IC things that have happened in City8.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:34 pm

So much stuff have happened for it to be voided though......

I don't think it will be fair for anyone if we just voided it, just have something happen in City8.... Hell it doesn't even have to be an event, they are relocate if they want to...
In the HL2 universe, Breen says "Where you have chosen or been chosen..." Implying that some citizens can choose which city they want.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:52 pm

+Support cause its accually really good looking
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Lil' bump.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:01 pm

I'd actually like to give C23 a try. We could restrict parts or have limited access to some areas but I think it's worth a try.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:09 am

I think it would be best to just go back to C18, that is the purpose of this post. If we go to C23, C-1 or wherever we decide to go, it just wont be the same. We need to go to C18, but I do think it would be best to go to C18_V2, it is basically just an improved C18, and we ACTUALLY WONT NEED TO HAVE ADMINS FURNISH THE MAP LIKE WE DID C08. Reason for that is because before we switched to C08 I heard stuff about a map switch and I thought it would be C18 because a lot of people wanted it, so I started working on a furnished save of the map, witch could be used on the server probably. And I am going to get Holler to help me with the checkpoints if he still wants to. But when I release the save I will let people take a look at it and say if they want it as the shiz on the server.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:11 am

//DarkPossum\\ wrote: And I am going to get Holler to help me with the checkpoints if he still wants to. But when I release the save I will let people take a look at it and say if they want it as the shiz on the server.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) - Page 2 Tumblr_lfvdpvOV4S1qcu1hm
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:46 am

If we switch to C18, all the props on the map will already be set from last time we used the map. This means all hardpoints, apartments, texts, and slums will already be set up. If we switch to C18v2 then we will have to spend some time building but it would be worth it. V2 makes some great changes to the map and opens up more areas. Check it out for yourselves.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Mahunik wrote:If we switch to C18, all the props on the map will already be set from last time we used the map. This means all hardpoints, apartments, texts, and slums will already be set up. If we switch to C18v2 then we will have to spend some time building but it would be worth it. V2 makes some great changes to the map and opens up more areas. Check it out for yourselves.

Read my post, I am already working on a furnished C18_V2 with Holler. We wouldn't have to spend much time, we would just have to name doors and make text because all the props will be already there.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:27 pm

If you have this pre-furnished version up on Workshop, send me a link so I can have a look at it.

Last edited by General Bravo on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Same with me. I would love to refurnish the map with you guys as well!
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Its not on the workshop yet because it is only about half done, I ended up putting it on hold when we went to C8. But I will probably start working on it when I get the time.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:01 pm

//DarkPossum\\ wrote:Its not on the workshop yet because it is only about half done, I ended up putting it on hold when we went to C8. But I will probably start working on it when I get the time.

When it gets up I'll go ahead and add the hardpoints to it.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:46 pm

I'd help aswell but first we need to check with diablo to even see if the map is changing.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Well it seems that most people want this.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Can't be denied, %83 of the community want's it.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next