The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*)

+10
Jaquecz
DIABLO258
Mahunik
Unknown
Cergis
Chris10023
General Bravo
Silver
Slashraider
Precinct Helghast
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stay or leave?

Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) Vote_b2085%Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) Vote_b19 85% 
[ 11 ]
Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) Vote_b2015%Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) Vote_b19 15% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) Empty Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*)

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:59 pm

I think we've lost too much. I personally agree, the community is dieing, I hate to say it but it's just sinking. I believe many other admins agree with me that I think that 'Spark' isn't there anymore. I've decided that we need to revive ourselfs not our cheesy C45, C08 selfs our real characters. Welcome to City Eighteen. It's safer here. That's where it all started. Where about %80 percent of it. The other %20 is SOTA. C18 was by far, one of the most fair maps. There's the rebels area and the CCA. The CCA actually have to HUNT. Not walk around the plaza waiting for rebels to pop out, and suprise meta them because you can't get a promotion.
C18 actually gave a feeling you were in danger, you needed to keep your eyes peeled, your at checkpoint C you spot a rebel holding an SMG, you dive behind the terminal enhousement, being supressed by the bullets, you hear the brass casings falling to the ground you radio for help. That's what this community needs to live. C18 was a very well grim dreery place, but it's not about the action. It's about everyone. If people that are an idol or a represenitive to people and that person leaves, you were told to be like them. So you act like him. The community shrivels and dies. The bridge assaults, made great roleplay in C18 you set a rebel as a target but you can just reach them, there at your finger tips. But you can't touch them, it creates a sense of dispair, then you keep trying and trying (this part is for CCA) then you get to a point where the good in your units heart dies, you are a pawn in a chess game. I live by this : You cannot be controlled, only you can control yourself. Diablo if you want us to be more strict, ask us. If you want us to do something ask us. But please, let us ask you if we can return. The warehouse, the work place of Erica and the 'crew. The Nexus, standing in the dark night, glimmering in the light of the moon. The potential is there but the problem is, the playerbase is bored because your not STAYING on the server, instead your getting off. If you stay your RP enhances it encourages faith in people. C18 Is where it all started, where many of the people came after SOTA. I didn't experience SOTA, but I've learned it shrivelled and died. I've put too much time into the community for it to die. Only together we can revive our community. Join me, and we will revive our community. It's even where the ever so famous 'meme' for our community started. 'Cup of DVL' +Support -Support I respect your opinion.

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
Albert Einstein

Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*) Empty Re: Going back home (C18 *READ FIRST*)

Post  Slashraider Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:05 pm

+Support all the way. We have lost many players due to City8....

If we want to get more players and have a good population we NEED to do what the players WANT and find ways to have good RP. This map is the map I played on when I joined HL2RP a year ago. This is the map I came into TC with. This is the map to play on to get our server pop back.

Let's do it mangs!
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:13 pm

I honestly don't like C18 at all, but you're right. The community is dying, and if C18 is how we can bring us back, then I give you my full +Support.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:41 pm

+Support.

I absolutely hate City8 right now. I know it is about civvie RP, but the only thing that made me want to play on TC was the outstanding slums RP. Good characters, good stories. I miss RP'ing with Phantom, Stinger, Nick, Jenny, Erica, Jack, Lucy and all the others.

Our RP was so good. I loved it. It was great on City18 and on City45. Then, it just got.. Shut down. City 11 killed off some of the best chars, and there was no place for us to RP.

I know it's supposed to be about civvie RP, but, having played hundreds of hours of civvie RP, it just doesn't interest me anymore. The slums RP did interest me. With the slums RP gone, I just lost interest. I try to play, but I just can't find the motivation to sit around in the plaza and wait for Stacey to get PK'ed.

I mainly play TLOU RP now, because I coded it and am responsible it doesn't become a shithole, but a mapchange to C18 would definitely make me want to RP on TC again.

I'll quote something I said earlier:
"I'd rather have a small playerbase but extremely high quality, interesting RP, then high playercounts with barely any interesting stuff. Because when regulars get bored, they leave, and the high playercounts disappear as well."

Last edited by Silver on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:42 pm

+support

Reasons:
-City 8's Nexus is tiny. It doesn't contain enough rooms for various offices, and there is no training room in the map WHATSOEVER
-I think we all know the resistance area puts them at a serious disadvantage, even if they just try to hide like they're supposed to. To sum it up, if they are hiding as they are supposed to, you simply need to block off one entrance and flood in the other and any resistance member inside is as good as dead.
-There isn't a whole lot of walking around space. Instead, there are more apartments then we could possibly need.
-Huge amounts of the map are taken up by APC roads that are useless to us.
-Another large chunk of the map is taken up by a CETA-like organization that is also unused.
-Virtually everywhere is easy to get to for anyone, but once they do, it's like "now what"

I do like the C08 rations terminal. I like the alarm room(when it isn't broken). The CA's office is meh. And separate, better apartments for CWU is a decent idea. However, City 8 clearly isn't working out for us. The population spike we had after the mapswitch plummeted extremely quickly.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:44 pm

-Neutral I have to wait and see how everyone else thinks of this, I personally think the server's dying because Joe left, think about it the server was really active it had 5 days of +15 pop and after he left the server has been a ghost town. I am not sure what a map change could do at this point, we need to focus on population, and activity.
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:47 pm

I don't think it has anything to do with Joe leaving, I just think it is the map and how RP is very confined and only fun to people in private groups.

Think about it this is basically the only fun RP you can do on City 8

-CCA
-CWU
-Lambda

New players who are just citizens cannot have that much fun because there is nothing to do for them.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Chris10023 wrote:-Neutral I have to wait and see how everyone else thinks of this, I personally think the server's dying because Joe left, think about it the server was really active it had 5 days of +15 pop and after he left the server has been a ghost town. I am not sure what a map change could do at this point, we need to focus on population, and activity.
What exactly changed so much with Joe's leaving that the population keeled over? I can't think of anything. And the population was decent after he left for a time, so I rather doubt he was what was holding everything together.

Last edited by General Bravo on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cergis Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:07 pm

+Support, When i was first on the server, OUR SERVER THRIVED, with people, IM so glad that I was in this community, But C18 is our birthplace its time to come back.
Cergis
Cergis

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:24 pm

+Support, I always wanted to change to C18 to begin with, I never wanted C8, I hate C8 and always have.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 pm

+Support Like all the way TOTALLY! City 8 I find is  quite a small map and when I am playing around in it feels like it's missing well... everything.  I notice City 18 draws a lot more attention aswell.

City 8 does put the rebels at a huge disadvantage with no where to go at all. Even if the entire thing is opened D6/Sewers is quite small. 

I say since City 18 was previously played on, the IC reason for leaving it was because of the zombie invasion was getting extremely out of hand, pointing back to the suggestion I made for the event switching to City 45, I say the zombies infested the city forcing the CCA to send in huge OTA squads to clear it out and purge it. But, the negative side was the city was left in very very rough shape. The UU would have been rebuilding it all this time to I feel it is realistic to switch to City 18 V2.

And in case there is a problem/The positives of the place are;

- The breakable windows cannot be broken without a weapon.
- CS:S weapons will be more useful and realistic to exist there
- More places to go and hide.
- A citadel added to prevent those huge zombie invasions (Realistic)
- Lighter out and cleaner atmosphere so it is easier to see. (Nice change)

My Previous event: https://thecrew.forumotion.com/t652-possible-idea-for-a-map-change-event?highlight=map+change

Also City 18 is where I had so much of my rp, I believe all of these map switches are kind of not something most people like. I for one do like trying something new, which is why I think C18v2 is the best choice.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:22 pm

I see that almost everyone wants this to happen so DIABLO, if you are reading this please consider it...... We all want this and we feel it will increase the pop.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:38 pm

I think we should expand more of C8 before changing maps. We still haven't tried it, and it could make a diffrence. Although if we did switch maps we should go to C18_v2.

Neutral on this
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Even if we expanded it would only increase rebel RP, it wouldn't help much.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:50 pm

I don't care if it's V1 or V2 just take me home.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Well, what do you want to do?

Event to go back? Or just go back and act like we never went to City 8, just to fill in all gaps?
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:07 pm

I think some mega super event would be just what would be needed to get people to start regaining interest. A CCA-OTA only event where they come in and clear out the swarms of necrotics and whatnot to pave the way for resettling of the city.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:11 pm

That has happened twice now. We left to C45 because of the Necrotics. Then the Necrotics attacks while we fled on trains. Now they attack in C8? We need something more original than that.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:13 pm

It's not that they attack City 8. It's that City 18 has to be reclaimed from them and resettled, and it just happens our districts were selected for the relocation.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:28 pm

Maybe an exogen breach? Or maybe deep down in the sewers they blocked it off for a reason and the Rebels could enter and mess something up, thus causing the city to start to flood and everyone to evacuate the city.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:34 pm

I'm - supporting c18 and -supporting c08.
Why?
C18 has got dem problems
In c18 there isn't any way for the rebels to be able to slip in to the plaza or out of it easily without being caught, so then everyone will (drumroll) circlejerk *gasp*. the fact that everyone wants to hang out on they're rebels whenever they can, since its being expressed openly in this here thread, is proof.

Plus people really want they're rebels to stay alive as much as possible so I find it hard to believe that anyone would voluntarily have they're rebels hang out in the plaza, even if said rebels have a completely clean viewdata for some reason [some do].

Its either stick with the rebels until someone decides to enforce the rebel ratio as much as we have been enforcing the CCA ratio [Awesome job on that btw] or just decide to stay off the server until theres an opportunity to jump back on. [I'm probably being really negative here but I can't help but feel this is whats going to happen]
Then if we go v2 then people will get bored and constantly toss themselves out the window. (If garry unfucks binds)

As for City 8
It's pretty much what everyone else is saying here
[minus the part where they say that its the map's fault that the pop is down, it's really not.]

I think we should go for c23, It's got 3 parts to it:
The tidy clean and fancy CWU area, it's got a little garden with a bit of litter in the middle but overall it looks like some upper class living for those who are loyal to the combine and as evidently shown, rewarded handsomely for it.
its got a down,gloomy and dirty slums where the rebellious and lower class citizens reside. The have poor living conditions at truly the bare minimum and get often brutalized by unit's who are looking for entertainment.
It's also littered with alleyways, and theres a little secret entrance which can act as a underground railroad, theres also another sneaky entrance to the loyalist areas via the sewers as well.
And then finally there is a rebel area, it can only be described by the word: Awesome.
The way the map is i think we can get some interesting rp going if we try, there's a good and easy way for rebels to sneak into the loyalist/slums if they want, along with plenty of area for citizen rp. We can really get Immersed with this map, if we try. It's got the positives of c08 and it doesn't have the difficulty of getting access to the citizen area(s) like c18 has.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:39 pm

General Bravo wrote:It's not that they attack City 8. It's that City 18 has to be reclaimed from them and resettled, and it just happens our districts were selected for the relocation.

That really isn't an event. Its just: admin sets up npc's for OWS and CCA to kill.
CCA and OWS kills them.
Event's involve RP, they aren't mindless shooter mini-games.
If we are going to go back to c18 there's no need to simply delay it so people can shoot stuff.
Just say combine sent synths in to clear it up.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:54 pm

I LOVE c23, but I just feel it's too big for our population now. If we had around 20 players, then I could see it working very well, but with 10 or less, the map is way too big.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:23 am

Needed to make another post.

After viewing City 23 from House to house and every nook and cranny.... I can say some amazing RP can come from this.... RP that no other servers have nor I have ever experienced my self... Here is just a few ideas that came into mind.

- Sewers: In this map there is plenty of sewers and a group of resistance (maybe not lambda just people who hate CCA or other refugees) can make a camp or group in the sewers and be sort of sewer people....

-Rooftops, there is this one area of this map where you can get on multiple roof tops (without using observer) and can see the ground below them (creating some cool RP with a citizen running on the rooftops while the CCA are below them shooting up)

-Different living areas: As meleepayne said there are many different places to live, there are nice areas for CWU workers and high level loyalist to enjoy life. Then there are shit places where regular citizens sleep on cardboard boxes next to fires. And then the slums where resistance and refugees can relax (But not stay forever!)

-Plaza: This is one of the most amazing plaza's I have ever seen. It is pretty big (but not wide open like c45) and could create some awesome RP with all the shops and homes.

-Nexus: Great Nexus, pretty big to feel not so closed in, and many big open rooms to keep a Helix and a Nova Bay (bigger than any nova or helix bay I have seen) There are multiple rooms to do all sorts of stuff and in the administrator office there is a teleportor (Like the one in Dr. Kliener's lab in "Red Letter Day") Again, some amazing RP.

Allies- CWU and citizens (even CCA!) can be ambushed in this allies and attacked or mugged, thus creating much FearRP that is a must for good RP.

Many Buildings- Another thing is that citizens can be in groups, like the bone gang or something. Maybe a group that hates the resistance, maybe a group that works at the same store or a group that smuggles better food for citizens (like actual food and not shit supplements and expensive take out) Some sort of blackmarket...

CWU Warehouse- There is a giant warehouse filled with boxes that could be used to restock CWU shops which rebels or just hungry citizens can attempt to take during shipments to other shops.

You need new players? Well then you must make the server UNIQUE and create RP that no players have experienced before. This is the map to do it...

City 23. It is Good RPing here.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:35 am

Maybe Alec Murer smokes a little too much special pixie dust and makes a molotov that blows up all of Japan and we just never have to go back?... No, that wont work. But maybe its just that CCA want the land and recourses back and we are just going back for the sake of going back, but there should be some sort of event.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next