The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
The Crew : Outlands RP EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
The Crew : Outlands RP EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
The Crew : Outlands RP EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
The Crew : Outlands RP EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
The Crew : Outlands RP EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
The Crew : Outlands RP EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
The Crew : Outlands RP EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
The Crew : Outlands RP EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
The Crew : Outlands RP EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
The Crew : Outlands RP EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

The Crew : Outlands RP

+8
DIABLO258
JoeOutlaw95
Jaquecz
Precinct Helghast
Unknown
Gerby!
Silver
Masey
12 posters

Go down

Do you wan't OutlandsRP?

The Crew : Outlands RP Vote_b2078%The Crew : Outlands RP Vote_b19 78% 
[ 7 ]
The Crew : Outlands RP Vote_b2011%The Crew : Outlands RP Vote_b19 11% 
[ 1 ]
The Crew : Outlands RP Vote_b2011%The Crew : Outlands RP Vote_b19 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

The Crew : Outlands RP Empty The Crew : Outlands RP

Post  Masey Fri May 03, 2013 10:21 pm

You've read the title, an OutlandsRP server setup by The Crew.

In my opinion, this has so much potential, I swear this could be built upon in such a way that the RP in The Crew could possibly be improved tremendously by allowing characters to be able to travel to the Outlands, and basically... "escape", in a way.

Just think of the possibilities the few, if not, many possibilities that could possibly happen if we actually had an OutlandsRP server.

The City 45 Underground Railroad

Just think about it for a moment : a legitimate underground railroad could possibly be setup within the C45 HL2RP server. Characters could travel to the Outlands via the help of the resistance/refugees/other(s).

And it'd make sense.

Resistance, or even refugees, would love to assist those desperate for escape from the Combine.

Let's put this into perspective for a moment :

Let's say, as an example, Billy will be the name of our citizen attempting to escape the brutal dictatorship of the Combine :

"Billy has been distraught for days, even weeks due to the constant beatings he receives from CCA civil protection units as he attempts to live out his days within the confines of the lifeless, dead city known only as 'City 45'.

One day, Billy is informed of an underground railroad being conducted by several refugees throughout the city.

Billy is head-over-heels at this point in time. He is desperate. He wishes to escape the city, as well as many of his fellow man.

Long story short...

Billy escapes into the slums, gets in-contact with the C45 UR (Underground Railroad) and escapes into the outlands, where... he lives out most of his days?

There are many questions on what happens to Billy in the Outlands...

Did he have the skills needed to survive in the Outlands for extended periods of time?

Did he bring the correct supplies needed to live outside of the confines of the City?

Does the CCA/UU catch them as scanners search for straggling, out-of-line citizens?

Does the wildlife of the Outlands catch-up to Billy, and kill him?

Or, does he simply die to the fate of many; thirst, or hunger?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I'm trying to say is, I wish for there to be an Outlands server... but the question truly is : does anyone agree with me?

List your opinions and concerns in the comments, I'm open to constructive criticisim.

Note that, I'm implying we have a second server for such a gamemode/RP mode to take place.

Last edited by Masey on Sun May 05, 2013 1:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

The Crew : Outlands RP Empty Re: The Crew : Outlands RP

Post  Silver Fri May 03, 2013 10:33 pm

I agree. While FalloutRP and Severance sound like fun, I still prefer HL2RP the most, and the Outlands sound like something awesome. We could automate it with a webinterface that allows whitelisted people to transfer their character between the two servers, which could eliminate some of the problems. I do fear that another server might split up the playerbase, but OutlandsRP sounds like way too much fun.

+Support.

Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerby! Fri May 03, 2013 10:48 pm

I don't agree UNLESS You mean we should have this in a separate server, I believe so because; if we had this on the HL2RP server, and we just some how added onto the map we are already on, any minge could just run into the rails, then get out into the Outlands, and just mingerun away from all the monsters, nor RP thirst, or huner... But, let's say, this was on a different server AND you required authentication to join that server. If that's the case, I'm a +SUPPORT if it's what I mentions before, -NEGATIVE
Gerby!
Gerby!

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Fri May 03, 2013 10:55 pm

What I'm implying is that we have a second sever in place for the OutlandsRP to take place, so... I'm sorry for the misconception Razz
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri May 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Gerby, this will be on another server if it is done. I personally agree, but it would have to be closely monitored or white listed as you said.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Sat May 04, 2013 1:26 am

Bump
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

The Crew : Outlands RP Empty Hold up.

Post  Precinct Helghast Sat May 04, 2013 9:39 am

Complaints
1. At least 1 SA has to be on spawning some loot. 2. Airwatch Patrols C45's walls.. and the citadel is within 5 km. 3. Airwatch would see you, so practically if you arn't well exercised or perhaps know how to escape them. You're practically dead. 4. CCA Would realize there is a miscount. 5. Cameras could watch five citizens walk into ____ and never come back : Live Feed.

Positives
1. Good potential. 2. Nice Survival Aspect. 3. The CCA and OTA are actually feared for once. (I walked by two citizens as king and they just stared at me.)

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... writers block.. fuck my legs hurt.

Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sat May 04, 2013 11:36 am

Gentleman Wilson wrote:Complaints
1. At least 1 SA has to be on spawning some loot. 2. Airwatch Patrols C45's walls.. and the citadel is within 5 km. 3. Airwatch would see you, so practically if you arn't well exercised or perhaps know how to escape them. You're practically dead. 4. CCA Would realize there is a miscount. 5. Cameras could watch five citizens walk into ____ and never come back : Live Feed.

Positives
1. Good potential. 2. Nice Survival Aspect. 3. The CCA and OTA are actually feared for once. (I walked by two citizens as king and they just stared at me.)

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd... writers block.. fuck my legs hurt.

Complaints reshpawnsez: 1.No real complaints here, although loot? er, i think you mean rebel supply pplz, and dead guys. Who still have their guns on them. But yeah, besides that, i'm pretty sure if your going to the outlands you better be armed with something. Unless the haz a wefugee camp set up, which they SHOULD.

[moar liek refugee concentration camp the way the rebels are atm]

2. and 3. Who da fuq says we will be that close to the citadel in the first place? In the outlands, you go OUT o there. And for the airwatch, Well, dude, the combine is doing their jawb, and the resistance is doing their jawb, with all the known risks, yet they do it anyway.
Tuff it up bic boi.
4. CCA seeing dem miscounts? errr, the last time there was a miscount on this server, did anyone give a fuck? did anyone even sweep? Did anyone pay any major attention to the lack of citizens in the plaza that normally in there? nope.

But, assuming the CCA are doing shit right, then i'm quite sure it won't really matter, this is hl2, the rebels know that an underground railroad, plus a miscount = shits going to happen. But they fuckin do it anyway.
Also ic'ly c45 is full of people. so it will be hard to notice.

5. Citizens walk into plenty of places not related to walking to the outlands and never come back again, y'know, serial killers, aids, CCA suprise buttsecks with stunstix, shit like that.
Also cameras aren't on every corner of the area map, so it won't be hard to go unoticed, plus large amount of shitizens ic'ly, i'm sure they could obscure themselves and slip away unoticed for a period of time.

/end random shit cumming from my fingers.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeOutlaw95 Sat May 04, 2013 11:40 am

Personally, I wouldn't mind being on too spawn loot most of time since I am pretty active as an SA, but the OTA watching the walls is a really big deal because aren't they always out in the outlands patrolling around either way, be it on the wall or in the citadel? Plus if we did this (TBH: I have no idea how outlands rp works) is it just all rebels + OTA or is there like small CCA outposts? Any camps for resistance to help citizens or what? Im staying Neutral for now until I get an idea on what Outlands RP is or its explained further.
JoeOutlaw95
JoeOutlaw95
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sat May 04, 2013 11:56 am

Well, its always possible to remove default factions, like Citizen. So if you were to join the server and you dont have a Faction of CCA or Rebel (meaning I would need to make one) you wouldnt be able to create a character. Disallowing you from playing, until you reach Rebel status in the main server.

If both servers contained the same MYSql host, your factions would transfer over.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Trippy Sat May 04, 2013 1:06 pm

+Support
Trippy
Trippy
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sat May 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Well, welcome back.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Trippy Sat May 04, 2013 4:22 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Well, welcome back.

Ya, thanks if you want add me we can talk.
Trippy
Trippy
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Sat May 04, 2013 4:50 pm

-Support
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Sat May 04, 2013 7:57 pm

Moose_hater wrote:-Support

List the reason, Moose.
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Sat May 04, 2013 8:42 pm

HEEEEEELLL

NOPE

Dont need one.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sat May 04, 2013 8:45 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Well, its always possible to remove default factions, like Citizen. So if you were to join the server and you dont have a Faction of CCA or Rebel (meaning I would need to make one) you wouldnt be able to create a character. Disallowing you from playing, until you reach Rebel status in the main server.

If both servers contained the same MYSql host, your factions would transfer over.
Wouldn't you actually need to have Refugee status? or something? Also, to join the rebels, you'd first need to get past their wall of "Kill you because we suspect your a spy"
The point of an underground railroad is to get out of the city because the combine = bad.
For the rebels, you'd have to have a fatal amount of + points before they consider not killing you.
Underground railroads are set up by rebels.

Also, if you were going to be going to the outlands, is there any requirements? Such as a "Reason" To go.
Because everyone who isn't a loyalist has one, to escape the brutal combine.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 pm

+support

One really bad thing is that tons of people would want to be webuls (this is not talking about real rp rebels, just people that join the server to run to the slums)

And I feel that it will destroy the server population... Think of it this way, all the rebels would run to the outlands (Lucy would) and then no rebels on the server... Next, there would need to be CCA on the outlands server which would have to come from the HL2RP server, which would then cut the CCA population by half...

Maybe we could make a outlands server, but have it so it has no ties with the HL2rp server. New characters, you can apply for whitelist with rebel and CCA. And you can just RP that it is an outlands, and it has no ties with c45, or any of that matter.

(sorry for shit spelling and grammar, I'm on my phone)
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sat May 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Slashraider wrote:+support

And I feel that it will destroy the server population... Think of it this way, all the rebels would run to the outlands (Lucy would) and then no rebels on the server... Next, there would need to be CCA on the outlands server which would have to come from the HL2RP server, which would then cut the CCA population by half...

Maybe we could make a outlands server, but have it so it has no ties with the HL2rp server. New characters, you can apply for whitelist with rebel and CCA. And you can just RP that it is an outlands, and it has no ties with c45, or any of that matter.

(sorry for shit spelling and grammar, I'm on my phone)

If we had an outlands server with no ties to the hl2rp server, then theres no point in having one in the first place.

And as for the population stuff. CCA aren't allowed to be in the outlands, that shit is for the Overwatch, and only for the Overwatch, next, if ALL the rebels were to move all the way out to the outlands, they'd need to constantly move a long distance back into the city for supplies, or wait a long time for erica to come back with supplies from parts unknown.
Theres also the fact that the overwatch patrol the outlands alot with hunter synths n shit. So Really, lucy wouldn't go running to the outlands, hunters are shit that can and will fuck you up, they can tank more bullets than a OTA, they can hit you with some sort of explosive dart thing that works the same way as a dark energy ball when said darts explode. Also, zambies n shit out there. The outlands are worse than the slums. But in the Outlands, its possible for rebels to go and set up a nice little safe area for refuges. But you still have hunters n Overwatch soldiers patrolling.

I'm going to be honest and I'm going to give my opinion that you should brush up on the lore.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sat May 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Eh, clearly some places hold out better than others. New Little Odessa seemed relatively established, and White Forest had either repelled an attack or two prior to Episode 2 or else hadn't been discovered by the Combine until then. That would indicate that, though highly difficult, it would be possible to hold out in the Outlands, unless your outpost became a major irritant to the Combine.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Sun May 05, 2013 1:18 am

Added a poll! Very Happy
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down