The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Are we ever going to get an outlands server? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Are we ever going to get an outlands server? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Are we ever going to get an outlands server? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Are we ever going to get an outlands server? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Are we ever going to get an outlands server? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Are we ever going to get an outlands server? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Are we ever going to get an outlands server? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Are we ever going to get an outlands server? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Are we ever going to get an outlands server? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Are we ever going to get an outlands server? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Are we ever going to get an outlands server?

+4
Magnum
DIABLO258
Lt.FallenAngel
Jaquecz
8 posters

Go down

Are we ever going to get an outlands server? Empty Are we ever going to get an outlands server?

Post  Jaquecz Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Title says it all.
IMO city 18 is getting boring.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Are we ever going to get an outlands server? Empty Re: Outlands

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Personally, I never liked the outlands, I understand how it is an imporant aspect to RP but city RP is better. City 18 is a little dull though at times, I don't care for City 8, to small, and city 45 seems to be just a poorly built map in my opinion. I would like to stay on C18.
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

Are we ever going to get an outlands server? Empty Re: Are we ever going to get an outlands server?

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Well, no. Severance is what we had in mind. But as of now, HL2RP is the only Schema available for Garry's mod 13. Severance (or outlands) still needs to be built by Alex, the guy who makes them.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Are we ever going to get an outlands server? Empty Re: Are we ever going to get an outlands server?

Post  Magnum Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 am

Well, outlands is kinda meh due to the fact that back in SoTA all the rebels wouldnt let you near the best parts of the map EVER
That and seriously, that place was hard to really keep track of due to the rebels being everywhere and the availability of guns/ammo, unless the rebels are going to deal with regular civies and outlanders, Nah
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Dog the Noobstriked Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:21 am

Magnum wrote:Well, outlands is kinda meh due to the fact that back in SoTA all the rebels wouldnt let you near the best parts of the map EVER
That and seriously, that place was hard to really keep track of due to the rebels being everywhere and the availability of guns/ammo, unless the rebels are going to deal with regular civies and outlanders, Nah

Inb4 Inuepass.

I played on that map in my old friend from {URx}'s server that he gave me super mega awesome admin on. It is a huge ass map and is impossible for the rebels to hog all the good spots. There is one big nuclear reactor base that would serve as the rebel's base and thats it, Maybe some of the bunkers could be outposts with stationary radios in it to broadcast across a channel through the outlands. I used my male version of Sword "Peter ''BLADE'' Wolf" and it was good times, I left the next day because it reminded me of TC and SoTA, I felt like I was cheating on someone. Anyways, Thats a considerable map, No room to complain that you can't use cars because we walked as a group so nothing would attack us and it made RP better than walking alone through the entire map. Possibly citizens could have a spawn closer to the action rather than one that is on the other side of a big hill that you have to go up before seeing anything neat like the first village you come across. That map or "gm_valley" which is an OK map for outlands. Again, Its big but it has some good combine and rebel location areas so combine could be used if you decided to add an outlands MPF or an OTA force base/faction.
Alpha Dog the Noobstriked

Back to top Go down

Post  Snake4199 Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:27 am

I'd say outlands, but do not make pay for as many slots as city 18. It is important to RP, yet I can understand why it could also be a bad idea. As much as the outlands is the wilderness, there should be some ground rules as well. Limiting rebel scrutiny on refugees, as well as limiting time on the outlands rp, etc. (Password lock is highly recommended, you do not want pubbers flooding that as if they 'icly' escaped 18).
Snake4199
Snake4199
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 am

An outlands server would be the same concept as Severance to me. A whole new layout, all new rules, all new ratio's, probably gonna have to tweak rolling and rules on P2L...

I suppose its your choice what the server game mode is. I don't want to force something that no one wants. You guys supply the wishes and I'll grant them.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Outlands=not the same as serveranceatall.

Maybe TEMP outlands until serverance goes up, but that mite be alot of work.
When serverance is out, Id really like us to go for that, because we should all get a sort of break from hl2 here and there, but still be able to enjoy srsRP.

And serverance is also a really cool gamemode.
A lot of luck involved, scavenging, risktaking, knowing the zombies CAN get you pked makes things like...insane.
Lets you be more creative, using whatever you can find as barricades or defences.
And alot more freedom, theres no fearRP written in stone to certain people, but be realistic. Gun v.s wrench= no.
And alot more options for who you want to be. Average good hearted Joe survivior, bandits, remnants of CEDA-good or evil, insane survivalist lone wolf, or just that guy in the corner who always finds stuff no one else can.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Are we ever going to get an outlands server? Empty Wat?

Post  Jaquecz Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 pm

I don't think you need a schema for the outlands do you? it's just hl2rp with a diffrent map. Right?
Or are would having 3 servers [Hl2rp city, severance, Hl2rp outlands] be too expensive or something?
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Prolly too expensive, and players would be spread too thin with 3.
hl2rp outlands is already out me thinks
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:05 pm

I agree with Noob. We really shouldn't spread the population too thin.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Dog the Noobstriked Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Meleepayne wrote:I don't think you need a schema for the outlands do you? it's just hl2rp with a diffrent map. Right?
Or are would having 3 servers [Hl2rp city, severance, Hl2rp outlands] be too expensive or something?

HL2RP outlands isn't a different schema. Just a different map and faction system. No coding involved really, Unless you want to add more fun stuff like enable vehicles.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down