The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that?

+9
Mahunik
DIABLO258
Jaquecz
Slashraider
Silver
Gremnkai
Unknown
Corestealer
General Bravo
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? Empty Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that?

Post  General Bravo Sun May 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Title says all. The place is dead even on weekends. What's that about?
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? Empty Re: Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that?

Post  Corestealer Sun May 26, 2013 11:54 pm

It is all thanks to that Metro RP ever since last light cameout, everyone has started playing it.
Corestealer
Corestealer
Respected

Back to top Go down

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? Empty Re: Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that?

Post  General Bravo Sun May 26, 2013 11:56 pm

Not everyone's on that. Some people are on Fallout RP, some people aren't even playing Gmod, Mahunik and Noobstrike in particular. As for me, well, I ain't one for doing there'snooneonsolet'sdosolojerkoffRP.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon May 27, 2013 12:12 am

Basically all the server is, is Holler, Darkpossum, General Bravo, Corestealer, Gremn, Masey, etc, dont milk my titties if I forgot your name, but it is the truth, at this point, either people have a fuck ton of final titty exams, or TC is just dead atm, COME PLAY!

TC NEEDS YOU 'MURICA, KANATA, YOU KAY!, 'FRICA, EVERYWHERE ELSE,

AGHEOWGAIWEGIAHEGAWIGHHA

I want each and everyone of you to put your hand in the center and count to green and on the count of 7 pounds, raise you titties high in the air, and milk the clouds as TC is your witness, then join the server and rp every bigfoot under the sun.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 12:59 am

It is true with the Metro RP part. Just about everybody is playing Metro RP or Fallout RP. But we seriously need more people on the server, there is like nobody on and this needs to be fixed somehow. When we actually get some good RP going then people will want to come on. There was a time last week I think where we had a bunch of people on, including Diablo. There was some good RP happening and people actually started coming on. There was promos and shit becuase Noob was on, but we need to do this more. Just get everybody on at once and do some stuff.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Mon May 27, 2013 11:05 am

I'm too busy praising Space Butterflies.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Mon May 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Well, I just finished my exams today (lasted 3 weeks Sad ), so I'll be getting more on from now on Very Happy. But still, it's pretty obvious that there is a problem.

Main reason people are playing Metro is because more interesting RP happens there atm. The stories we had on TC slowly came to a stop, and for a lot of people who have played for a long time, standard HL2RP became stale. I played a little bit of Metro, and there's just more development going on. Factions get formed, people fight each other and there's something that keeps you coming back.

If you can pick between finishing that awesome story and doing the same thing you did the last 6 months, people are going to pick the awesome story. TC used to have the awesome stories, but since people have been going inactive, there's kind of a snowball effect. If one person leaves, the story comes to a halt. Then more people leave. And more. This is because of exams, and general HL2RP fatigue. Metro is a nice change of pace.

Now, we can fix this. We need to create reasons for people to come back. A couple of weeks ago, Unit attempted to start the first real Lambda operation in weeks. This was awesome. We need stuff like that to make people come back. The only real good stuff happens when SA's are on. When I join the server, I check if SA's are on. No SA's on? Probably going to be boring. Now that Joe's not an SA anymore, there's even less stuff that happens. Mahunik only gets on every now and then, same goes for Noob. I haven't seen Chris on a long time. The only people who keep it going are Grem and Holler, even though they can barely do any real events.

We can't fix this by saying "Hey guys, stop playing Metro and come back!". We can only fix this by giving people actual reasons to come back. Now, I can yell this all I want (and I have been for a while on LOOC/OOC/Steamchat), but you guys are on the staff. It's your community. The RP server scene is harsh. You don't give people a reason to play on your server, they're gonna leave. It happens.

People get bored and want something to change. Nothing changes? They leave. My TF2 server was almost constantly full for 2 years, but then people just got bored and left. Now the server's dead, even though I didn't change a thing. People get bored.

It's rather unfortunate how this happened. A combination of finals, SA's being inactive and MetroRP haven't been good for TC. But you guys can still fix it. Right now, there's better RP at other places, so people move to other places. If we bring good RP back to TC, people will come back. The summer vacation will make people come back. Killing off characters and forcing people to do RP they don't want is only forcing the players away.

The way to fix this is by simply doing interesting stuff. Good RP'ers should get a lot of freedom, like they get on other servers. Heck, on Metro people can just form a faction. There's a lot more creative freedom over there. Interesting characters can help. A while ago, if I remember correctly, Archimedes had a non-resistance, non-HELIX medic. These characters add stuff. Think big. The administrator's assistant, a level 5 loyalist who secretly smuggles stuff to the rebels, a CCA spy trying to infiltrate Lamda.

I sort of feel connected to TC because I met a lot of people here. That's why I'm still here. I'm sticking with TC, as a user. But others have left because there's better RP on other servers. This stuff is real and shouldn't be ignored.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Silver is right, we need to make RP more interesting for people and make them want to come on. I really think that faction leaders need to be on more or else they shouldn't really be the leader of something if they don't even lead anything at all. We don't even have a Helix DvL that I am aware of, and NOVA DvL is never even on. Not to mention there is no NOVA units at all. Lambda is fine, I see Erica on quite a bit. And we seriously need to add more freedom when it comes to making new factions. Whenever civilians talk on the streets you see some CCA yell "Isolate" and then they aren't even allowed to talk to each other, this takes away a lot of freedom and makes people want to go play something like Metro or Fallout where there is tons of freedom. We need to allow people to make more gangs/factions without being meta'd to death or being stalked down and killed off for OOC reasons of Grem not wanting people in the slums.

We also need to have CETA much more active. The pharmacy is almost constantly open and there is always somebody working there when people are online, the rest of the stores need to have this sort of activity. I would be more than able to manage all of the stores on my char Conlon but apparently I am only able to own one store at a time. If the store managers aren't going to be active then we need to have new ones. I don't even know who owns the library and I have only ever seen it open once, and the store next to it is completely empty due to another point where freedom was taken away and the liquor store was closed down. We seriously need to have more of the CETA more active, more CWU need to be online and we need to open up the Nargodian to make it so people can get some food.

Rations are another thing, we need to have more of those. It shouldn't matter if only like three people are online, there should be a set time of the day and every day when rations should be done. This would make people want to come on once a day to get their rations and it would make it so people don't starve IC.

We really need to improve a lot of things in order to get more people on, and to make the server active again.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Mon May 27, 2013 3:19 pm

Killed off for OOC reasons by me? I don't kill for OOC reasons. I have a lot of IC reasons to kick people out. I rarely kill unless they keep on coming back. And if I don't kick out, people get mad saying "Too many in slums!" so yeah make up your fucking mind. Don't bring me into this when I don't wish to be involved.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Mon May 27, 2013 3:30 pm

I agree with Grem, he doesn't kick people out for OOC reasons. I kick a lot of people out, but that is for ICly reasons.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 4:02 pm

There should be no IC reason to kick somebody out of the slums if you are resistance. The resistance should be willing to accept anybody that is willing to lift their own weight and hate the Combine. How is the uprising supposed to happen if the resistance contains only eight people?

And I don't wish to offend anybody, don't get pissed off for no reason, man.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon May 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Silver wrote:The only people who keep it going are Grem and Holler, even though they can barely do any real events.

Believe me, I am never one for boasting, but in all realism, Grem and I could develop an rp story, the only problem is, the other stories are not finished. What ever happened to all that enclave G-man unity stuff? That story was amazing and we should keep going with it.

With all that said, whenever people start asking for events, I try to make one, I even am on the brink of making one, and people will either leave or just ignore it. A main example of this was the other day. People were all like, "no events ever happen anymore." So In my head I was like, "Well I will make one." So I am starting to make one with /event and such and then everybody just leaves.

Anyways, No offence to the people who play it. I really don't think Metro RP is all that great and can't get into it as well as I would HL2:RP.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Mon May 27, 2013 4:41 pm

More people in slums = Miscount = Sweep. Is that easy enough to understand?
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? Empty Why you ask?

Post  Jaquecz Mon May 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Think about it, reason is fairly obvious, walk a mile in everyones shoes and think.

Last edited by Meleepayne on Mon May 27, 2013 5:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Mon May 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Gremnkai wrote:Killed off for OOC reasons by me? I don't kill for OOC reasons. I have a lot of IC reasons to kick people out.

There is no real IC reasons, resistance are trying to get big and strong so they can take down the combine, any reasons you have that would result in people getting kicked out are invalid, they can be solved with proper leadership, [something the lambda on this server has none of at the moment] and actual, like rebelling.
For one, the slums is a place for people who really can't walk into the plaza, AT FUCKING ALL, without IMMEDIATELY being recognized as a member of the lambda, or a malignant. (Please, Anyone don't say everyone meta's because A: Your fault for putting shit in your desc that easily identifies you as a rebel and B: Anyone who would know regardless wouldn't do it, if they did try to meta, they would get fucked up.)
The Lambda could easily recruit people and station them as spies or whatever, basically discreetly sending them supplies, warnings and so on.
Making them seem as loyalists or regular citizens with nothing to hide, they also shouldn't even have a gun on them because the risk of it getting found is way too fucking high, same thing with having a uniform. Rebels don't need to be in the SLUMS all THE TIME. I mean, Nick Bradford has a clean record, seems like a loyalist, yet he has a fairly high position with the rebels.

inb4 sweep, No shit, sweeps is part of the job, in-fact, sweeps should be happening a fuck ton more than they are right now, almost on a daily basis. REBELS DIE, YOU DONT WANT TO DIE? DONT BE A REBEL IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Gremnkai wrote: I rarely kill unless they keep on coming back. And if I don't kick out, people get mad saying "Too many in slums!" so yeah make up your fucking mind. Don't bring me into this when I don't wish to be involved.

People getting mad saying "TOO MENY IN SLERMZ" Are just jumping on the "Moar = bad" bandwagon, also, that by itself is an OOC reason. kicking people out because all ur frunz think TOO MENY PPLZ is an OOC reason. Besides, we have a ratio in place to prevent circlejerks, anyone who tries to ignore that shit will be dealt with appropiately.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Weren't you one of the main people who scream "TOO MANY PEOPEL IN SLERMS!" in the first place when there was a lot? Plus if we let everybody into the slums again people will be yelling that and I bet you, you will be the one leading the charge.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon May 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Once again, no matter what, Jacquez will rant on rebel RP one way or another. Lelelelelel.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Mon May 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Gremnkai wrote:Weren't you one of the main people who scream "TOO MANY PEOPEL IN SLERMS!" in the first place when there was a lot? Plus if we let everybody into the slums again people will be yelling that and I bet you, you will be the one leading the charge.

Translated to: I think Jaq is a fagget hypocrite, and he'z a lolwebul leleleelelelel

Back then i was saying that because everyone was masturbating in the slermz, leaving the plaza completely void of any rp.

I also love how you fall back to insulting me with "lolwebul"
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Mon May 27, 2013 8:10 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:Once again, no matter what, Jacquez will rant on rebel RP one way or another. Lelelelelel.
Theres a diffrence between countering someones arguement, and ranting on about rebel rp.

also u feel better nowz that u sed i rant bout rable rpppzzzpzpz
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Yeah Grem, Jaq has a really good point. He isn't complaining about rebel RP or too many people in the slums or telling people to go to the slums. I think the point its that people should be more accepted into the resistance, but people shouldn't go to the slums unless you have to. There is a difference between rebel RP and masturbating in the slums. You are more than able to rebel but live in the plaza. In like the first mission of HL2 (Point Insertion) you have a bunch of people help guide you through the CAH, obviously they weren't loyalists and were probably working with the resistance. Why don't we have rebels in the plaza and CAH like that, hmm?
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Mon May 27, 2013 8:17 pm

Yeah most people that go into the slums have no reason to.. And we DO have a fucking supply network. Stacey and Franklin managed it.... We've said this over and over again. If they legitimentally can't go back I let them in. And I never said Lolwebul ONCE in my paragraph. I pointed out that he is a hypocrite flipping his opinion over and over.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? Empty All Alone On The Server.

Post  [Redacted] Mon May 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? 2013-011

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? 2013-012
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Mon May 27, 2013 8:30 pm

The last thing we need is another slums vs. plaza discussion. Because right now, there's barely any people on at all. Forcing people to plaza RP will just force them to metro, because over there, they can have "unlimited slums RP". We should really focus on getting people to play first. If people don't do enough plaza RP, so be it, we should be glad they play on TC at all.

We argue about rebels not being in the plaza. Well.. Take a look. There is nobody in the plaza. We keep telling people they need to change their RP, they leave for servers where they can do their RP. We kill off great characters and stories in a huge sweep? Way to keep your playerbase. People will leave. It might be in-canon to kill off those characters, but it just scares your playerbase away.

Take a look at, for example, Diamond Miner. He was a "real regular" that was online a lot. Then Jordan got killed, and Diamond slowly left TC. Now he's never on at all. This happens a lot. The time when people stayed with TC, no matter what, seems to have passed. People leave. We should focus on making them come back and stay.

The Enclave was a damn awesome, and it still is. But it's restricted to 3 people, so it can't really fix the population issue. Also, it's way too complicated to just introduce people into. It can't really be finished either. It's more like, a faction. You can't "finish lambda" either.

A while ago, we had an awesome idea to get a "bigger story" going that would involve different factions. The idea was shot down, but I still think an idea like this could work and could revive the playerbase. We can't "finish the Enclave" first, because it's not really a story, but a faction that involves different stories.

Just my opinion here.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm

First off, Diamond Miner left because he is doing a lot of stuff IRL right now and is unable to play G-Mod at all. And when he does nobody is even on TC so he probably doesn't come on because of that.

And generally if certain people are on then people know that cool shit is going to happen. If Noob or Diablo is on the server everybody gets on. We need to have more active SA's in order for anything to work. Because they are the people that are the most able to produce fun RP.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon May 27, 2013 8:50 pm

If people can't deal with a PK, then they shouldn't be rping. Sweeps are ok and perfectly cannon so long as they aren't like every 5 seconds. RP is nothing without people. So if people want RP then join up on the server and make some RP.

Rebels would realistically go inactive for a while. Rebels never had the right motivation and mind set until the arrival of freeman and the uprising. Enclave RP will continue. Noobstrike is taking an honest break which is fine. He used to always be on making amazing story lines and such, he deserves a good break. When he comes back, that will continue. But I really don't understand why everybody just up and left. Literally the week before I was grounded, everybody was here. When I get back nobody is on.

EDIT: I have to say, I completely agree with Diablo, the amount of OOC is getting out of hand. People may not realize it but each time one person gets OOC too much, the whole server and people around them get OOC aswell, people go off in the server-wide OOC chat and everything gets out of hand. This inspires the minges to minge and the serious rpers that are new comers to leave and makes are server look like a foul odour in the rp community. I am not saying harmless OOC once in a while is bad, I am saying the amount it has been lately is just horrible.

Last edited by HollerHavoc on Mon May 27, 2013 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next