The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that?

+9
Mahunik
DIABLO258
Jaquecz
Slashraider
Silver
Gremnkai
Unknown
Corestealer
General Bravo
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 Empty Re: Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that?

Post  Gremnkai Tue May 28, 2013 6:50 pm

But the point I WAS JUST SAYING! A 06-04 wouldn't be AS MUCH as a dick! Can you guys read..?
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 Empty Re: Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that?

Post  Masey Tue May 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Gremnkai wrote:But the point I WAS JUST SAYING! A 06-04 wouldn't be AS MUCH as a dick! Can you guys read..?

I do agree with you on that one, Gremn. I guess an 06 - 04 WOULD be a bit more human, right?
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue May 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Masey wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:
G/Briefcase Guy wrote:
//DarkPossum\\ wrote:Just because some 05/04 tells you to stop being mean doesn't mean you have to. My CCA is super fucking harsh, I make people cry and wish they had picked up the can. (Btw, can cop was probably an 06-04 because he just had a fucking stunstick.) Unless HC tells you to stop, or EpU+ or w/e then you really don't have to. If your character wants to ICly be a douche then go ahead. CCA are supposed to be mean, and they should be.

If I see you doing it unnecessarily 01 will come up and say "Unit, stop wasting time."

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 1870920

Meleepayne has a legitimate point, even in the form of a meme.

I don't understand, but... why? I mean... he is SUPPOSED to be a dick.

In our canon, it says basically in stone that, and I quote,.

"CCA Units enjoy the idea of them being of a higher power than citizens. They like to test their skill on them and just treat them like lower grade human beings."

You're supposed to be a dick, even if you're a 06 - 04. End of story.

No, you can be but it be a waste of time.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue May 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Time to enter this moshpit of a discussion.

Thx holler and possoom for speaking to for meh when I wasn't here. Been taking alot of tests the past few days. Didnt feel like foruming.

I do try to make things fun when I can, I try to make things creative, and the enclave story is my attempt to keep a genius story line alive made by Deadcherry. But...that was handicapped...kind of...to 3 people.

On to the topic of CCA being dicks:

It's obvious the UU has to sqaush any desire to rebel and go back to the old ways. And they will do it by any means nessesary. How do you control a society of people? Stop them from thinking, wondering, and questioning. Take their books. Take their voice, their rights, their thoughts, their ability to perform free actions. Keep them under your thumb through one of two ways: Fear- fear of death, pain, loss of others, or Fun- keep them entertained by something mindless so they stay inside and care nothing about the world around them. The UU went for fear. Everything is for show, to scare people.

Do the CCA really need the alien like masks on all the time? No. They're trying to make them feel alien, rather than human to those who look at them.

Do the KING OTA reallly need bright red eyes and loud black boots? Is red a practical color for warefare? No. Is red scary? Is one eye fucking scary? Yes.

Were stalkers honestly needed? They need weak malnourished slaves after they have drones, bots, siths, and other countless things? No. Thats to scare you too.

Even something as simple as the AR2. A huge black gun that shoots an ustable ball capable of vaporizing anything it touches. Is that...smart? Noooo....but it's impressive.

So as a citizen, the world was just raped, and everything, SCARES. YOU. Everything seems big, booming, quick, and impressive. It's an acceptable thought to go "Jeez...these guys have their shit togather..." Face it, you feel cool sprinting in a line into D6 after an armed suspect with your smg out. All the boots thundering and following your Blue trimmed DvL after some goonie- it's awesome.

So a citizen would join the CCA out of fear, respect, and hope.
More rights, better food, free housing, and protection.
It also depends where your loyalties lie.
Do you look at the big picture the UU wants? Space travel, stars, advanced humans, and no more war? The UU stopped war didn't they? The only real way to peace in humans is forced peace. Remove free will. They may be brutal and murder the law breakers but they did stop alot of criminal activity didn't they? Less murder and theft. If your sides with the UU, yes, you will be a dickhead, but if your intelligent, you'll know Y you're being a dick head. The scarder people are, the more of a grip CCA has on them, the less laws the break, the better.

Annnd...if your still a human at heart but are joining the CCA simply for your own survival...well.
You don't have to be a dick in your free time.
But you still need to perform your duties. Be a good enough unit to keep alive and be worth the CCA's time and resources. You can't be afraid to hit criminals, you can't be a traitor, you can't be sympathetic. Your job still comes first, or else you get 'removed'. It's all about where your thoughts are. Just do whats expected to get by, or do what the UU wants.

And thats my little spin on the combine and UU.

arf.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue May 28, 2013 10:10 pm

G/Briefcase Guy wrote:
Masey wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:
G/Briefcase Guy wrote:
//DarkPossum\\ wrote:Just because some 05/04 tells you to stop being mean doesn't mean you have to. My CCA is super fucking harsh, I make people cry and wish they had picked up the can. (Btw, can cop was probably an 06-04 because he just had a fucking stunstick.) Unless HC tells you to stop, or EpU+ or w/e then you really don't have to. If your character wants to ICly be a douche then go ahead. CCA are supposed to be mean, and they should be.

If I see you doing it unnecessarily 01 will come up and say "Unit, stop wasting time."

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 3 1870920

Meleepayne has a legitimate point, even in the form of a meme.

I don't understand, but... why? I mean... he is SUPPOSED to be a dick.

In our canon, it says basically in stone that, and I quote,.

"CCA Units enjoy the idea of them being of a higher power than citizens. They like to test their skill on them and just treat them like lower grade human beings."

You're supposed to be a dick, even if you're a 06 - 04. End of story.

No, you can be but it be a waste of time.

I'm so going to murder your characters, ALL OF DEM.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Wed May 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Final verdict is CCA are douche bags, this is clearly stated in the handbook. Get over it, if your not a douche then your not a good CCA. We need to get back on topic with this post and start brainstorming ideas to get more people on the server. More people need to start posting stuff to the events suggestion area. Not just wimpy events like a rocks falls from the sky and lands on Sector's head and everybody freaks out. We need to do something big, something that involves everybody, makes RP more interesting for EVERYBODY and is fun and will make people want to come on. If we do this event, it should be something so big that it will be scheduled. Something sort of like the map switch event, but improved in many ways.

OKAY PEOPLE, GO THINK OF IDEAS!
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Wed May 29, 2013 7:54 pm

A high member of the UU arrives to inspect the city (mostly DIABLO or a SA will play this character) and the CCA are panicked, trying to make their city look the best by scaring the citizens they don't do anything of the resistance type and maybe a few sweeps to stop Anti Citizen's from popping up. The UU officail and determine how good the city by everyone's roleplay (but IC) and determine if they should get a punishment (maybe shun as a bad city, which would make the CCA freak to make it better) or give it a reward (rewards for CCA and citizens.

ROLEPLAYS FOR DIFFERENT FACTIONS:

UU official: Would determine how the city is doing and how it is run and so forth.

CCA: Would be frantic trying to make their city look as best as possible while scaring the citizens and promising a reward for good behavior. As for bad behavior, they would maybe double the punishment (Level 2 verdict now gets a level 3 punishment) to show their UU official they do not tolerate any anti civil activities.

Citizens: Would try to make them selves look good (or bad) depending what they want. (FEAR RP WOULD MAKE THEM WANT TO ACT GOOD SO THEY GET REWARD AND NOT DEATH) They would be extremely scared to see the UU official in the streets.

Vortiguants: Would be forced to clean the city extremly well to make the city look better and not be filthy.

OTA: Would protect the UU official with all costs, serving him as his own personal body guards, and being EXTREMELY mean to any citizens trying to get close.

Loyalists: Would try to spiffy up their shop to hopefully get a good impression by the UU official and maybe a little reward.

ANTICITIZENS/MALIGNANTS: This would be a GREAT time for a good sabotage/assassination. With an attack, the UU official could deem the city not meeting standards and perhaps not give the CCA a reward (Could be something like a weapon that could defeat the ACs very quickly, but without PowerGame) Or it could cause mass panic and the CCA will flip out, maybe causing the citizens to not like them as much. They could also try to get any information from the UU with spies watching the official.

REWARDS: Perhaps some type of new tech for the CCA and rewards to the citizens and loyalist shops. Maybe some sort of addition to the city (Like new shop/building/location) It could perhaps increase the RP with something new.

PENALTY: A possible removal of a certain building / location. The CCA will lose moral because the UU has deemed the city "bad" or it does not meet their standards. A possible relocation of everyone in the city, which means new map change (A MAP CHANGE IT GOOD, TO BE HONEST, I AM GETTING A LITTLE TIRED OF THE SAME MAP) Or possible changing of the High Command, like switching who is SeC, APEX, and CmD.

NOW LISTEN: This UU official will need to be played. I think DIABLO should play it because it is his server and his choices would not be bias (or so I hope) because bias choices would cause this RP to go to a Power Game poop hand off between players.

The thing I like about this is that EVERYONE has a chance to determine the outcome of what is happening and EVERYONE has a chance to participate.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed May 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Slashraider wrote:A high member of the UU arrives to inspect the city (mostly DIABLO or a SA will play this character) and the CCA are panicked, trying to make their city look the best by scaring the citizens they don't do anything of the resistance type and maybe a few sweeps to stop Anti Citizen's from popping up. The UU officail and determine how good the city by everyone's roleplay (but IC) and determine if they should get a punishment (maybe shun as a bad city, which would make the CCA freak to make it better) or give it a reward (rewards for CCA and citizens.

ROLEPLAYS FOR DIFFERENT FACTIONS:

UU official: Would determine how the city is doing and how it is run and so forth.

CCA: Would be frantic trying to make their city look as best as possible while scaring the citizens and promising a reward for good behavior. As for bad behavior, they would maybe double the punishment (Level 2 verdict now gets a level 3 punishment) to show their UU official they do not tolerate any anti civil activities.

Citizens: Would try to make them selves look good (or bad) depending what they want. (FEAR RP WOULD MAKE THEM WANT TO ACT GOOD SO THEY GET REWARD AND NOT DEATH) They would be extremely scared to see the UU official in the streets.

Vortiguants: Would be forced to clean the city extremly well to make the city look better and not be filthy.

OTA: Would protect the UU official with all costs, serving him as his own personal body guards, and being EXTREMELY mean to any citizens trying to get close.

Loyalists: Would try to spiffy up their shop to hopefully get a good impression by the UU official and maybe a little reward.

ANTICITIZENS/MALIGNANTS: This would be a GREAT time for a good sabotage/assassination. With an attack, the UU official could deem the city not meeting standards and perhaps not give the CCA a reward (Could be something like a weapon that could defeat the ACs very quickly, but without PowerGame) Or it could cause mass panic and the CCA will flip out, maybe causing the citizens to not like them as much. They could also try to get any information from the UU with spies watching the official.

REWARDS: Perhaps some type of new tech for the CCA and rewards to the citizens and loyalist shops. Maybe some sort of addition to the city (Like new shop/building/location) It could perhaps increase the RP with something new.

PENALTY: A possible removal of a certain building / location. The CCA will lose moral because the UU has deemed the city "bad" or it does not meet their standards. A possible relocation of everyone in the city, which means new map change (A MAP CHANGE IT GOOD, TO BE HONEST, I AM GETTING A LITTLE TIRED OF THE SAME MAP) Or possible changing of the High Command, like switching who is SeC, APEX, and CmD.

NOW LISTEN: This UU official will need to be played. I think DIABLO should play it because it is his server and his choices would not be bias (or so I hope) because bias choices would cause this RP to go to a Power Game poop hand off between players.

The thing I like about this is that EVERYONE has a chance to determine the outcome of what is happening and EVERYONE has a chance to participate.

We did this before a while ago before we switched from c18, it fucking sucked.
Basically it played out like this
Inspector arrives
Combine/Loyalists n shit get all "Spiffed up"
Citizens don't do shit
Rebels try to assassinate Inspector
Combine and Rebels shoot at eachother for a long ass time
Citizens hide in the apartments and dont do shit
Everyone flags up
Inspector dies
Not even a sweep.

Whoop-de-doo, event with no lasting effets, inspector died, big whoop, rebels get away with no retaliation from the cawmbine

inb4 holler sez loljaqrant!11!11!111

Another "Inspector" Event is something we don't need. And Besides, Inspectors aren't even needed, there's reports from the local city administrators and the many cameras and scanners that send data to the citadel.

Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Wed May 29, 2013 8:20 pm

Then why don't you try to create something and ACTUALLY help improve the server and ideas, not complaining about EVERY LITTLE DETAIL about something someone says. Give pros and possible fixes, not just say its shit and whine all the time.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 pm

^^^ Slashes post.... Man... I agree 100%
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed May 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Slashraider wrote:Then why don't you try to create something and ACTUALLY help improve the server and ideas, not complaining about EVERY LITTLE DETAIL about something someone says. Give pros and possible fixes, not just say its shit and whine all the time.

The problem is is that i cant, events in hl2rp that seem to make everyone happy are normally shit, watered down uncreative garbage. I would come up with an idea, but it would be shot down.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3