The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion.

+6
Jaquecz
Masey
General Bravo
Cergis
Silver
Unknown
10 posters

Go down

Read the Post.

Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. Vote_b2050%Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. Vote_b19 50% 
[ 5 ]
Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. Vote_b2050%Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. Vote_b19 50% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. Empty Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion.

Post  Unknown Fri May 03, 2013 10:57 am

I have noticed that very few people actually have respect for other peoples props and creations. This is obvious when you take a look at the med bay or Stacey's house after every single sweep. Also the pharmacy has been completely destroyed every day for the last two weeks or so. And I mean legitimately destroyed. Somebody takes their physics gun and just flings everything around then lights it on fire. This is extremely frustrating to have to be the person to fix all of this.

My suggestion is that instead of just flinging shit around, why not just materialize stuff to look burnt and throw some trash on the ground (Spawn in trash, don't throw stuff around that was already there) and then just put a floating text saying "There is furniture knocked over, and the place seems to have been burnt down." Then, instead of having the person that made this have to rebuild all of it, we could have them ICly clean it up and then have the text remove when they are done. This would be much better than destroying peoples work and creations.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. Empty Re: Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion.

Post  Silver Fri May 03, 2013 2:12 pm

+Support.
I wouldn't mind if this stuff happened every once in a while, but it gets extremely annoying at the frequency it's happening.
I don't really care about destroyed stuff, but I always have to bother an OP/admin/SA when it happens to move the props/static new ones, and I feel like I'm wasting their time.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. Empty Re: Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion.

Post  Unknown Fri May 03, 2013 4:26 pm

If your going to disagree, please put a reason why. I think this should be a legitimate thing, and that it is pretty stupid when people's creations are destroyed.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cergis Fri May 03, 2013 4:48 pm

+Support
I have the same feelings Dark possum
Cergis
Cergis

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri May 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Well, after some thought, -support. Here's why.

Yes, destruction shouldn't just be a matter of "lol guyz lets spaz out wit our physguns huehuehuehue". That being said, some things will have to be moved around or outright chucked around depending on the circumstances involved. A fire won't move things all that much. A bomb will chuck shit all over. And I won't speak for anyone else, but I will say I personally don't mind rebuilding and staticing things too much(and that isn't "wasting my time", it's part of the job). I notice how it's a problem when your own work gets messed up, but no one gave a fuck when Holler's catwalk and overlook outside the train station got trashed. Not sure if double standard or I'm just unconsciously trying to find problems.

And you wanna clean things up ICly? Sure. That's when the props get set back in place. Unless they were utterly destroyed ICly, like most stuff in Nomad's workshop.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Fri May 03, 2013 8:45 pm

General Bravo wrote:Well, after some thought, -support. Here's why.

Yes, destruction shouldn't just be a matter of "lol guyz lets spaz out wit our physguns huehuehuehue". That being said, some things will have to be moved around or outright chucked around depending on the circumstances involved. A fire won't move things all that much. A bomb will chuck shit all over. And I won't speak for anyone else, but I will say I personally don't mind rebuilding and staticing things too much(and that isn't "wasting my time", it's part of the job). I notice how it's a problem when your own work gets messed up, but no one gave a fuck when Holler's catwalk and overlook outside the train station got trashed. Not sure if double standard or I'm just unconsciously trying to find problems.

And you wanna clean things up ICly? Sure. That's when the props get set back in place. Unless they were utterly destroyed ICly, like most stuff in Nomad's workshop.

Same reason I disagree with this.

Hell, on a side note I might add that Nomad cleans up his stuff up/places them in their old positions ICly after CCA sweeps/etc., even though most of it is destroyed.

The repairing of thine machinery comes at a later date, sir.

No hard feelings by the way, I'm just saying.
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Fri May 03, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm neither on this situation and i believe that if your going to put time into making sexy stuff out of props, dupe the collection and when someone decides to fuck shit up then just have them delete said dupe, spawn some pieces from the original set, fling those around, and when it comes around to repairing shit, all you need to do is spawn dat dupe.
I realize it may be a pain in the ass, but if you have the time to make detailed shops, then you should have the time to go and make it easier when your rebuilding.

[removed because it was ghey]
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Prop Rules When Attacking Stuff Segestion. Empty Hnnnnnnng.

Post  Precinct Helghast Sat May 04, 2013 10:02 am

-Support Did you remember what happened to the citadel when it exploded? THE entire thing slanted on its side. Nomads bomb, its a bomb. Bombs blow shit up. And guess what. OPS CAN'T /TEXTADD I CAN'T. I just can't. Holler grem, ect+ can but not me.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Sat May 04, 2013 11:26 am

Did it ever occur to anyone that the OTA destroying lambda things may not WANT them rebuilt? Whats the point of crippling a med bay or a supply drop off if its magically rebuilt the next day. We use explosives and fires to DESTROY the props. Out of use. We burn your computers and smash your data. Waste all your bio gel. Burn all your ammunitions. Rarely does anyone ever even /me setting a sacked table back up right, or even radio in for help when large peice of furniture need heavy lifting. And whats acting tired? Idk.

And for those of you who have a talent for building really neat complex cool things, thats awesome. (Joe/Holler) But relise when you build something really thought out, mechanical, complex, and intricate, it won't take much to destroy it. Or at least deservice whatever machene you've made if so many parts go into making it work.

I'm not sure how the resistance manages to just scrape burns and explosions off furniture and make them like new.
And I don't know where their infinite supply of new computers is coming from.

But when the OTA set charges to blow shit up, it's for a strategic reasons.
To make your life harder/shittier/impossible. Maybe you should try fucking THEIR shet lambda. Thats what was done to the catwalk recently. That was good.

With all that said though, the frequency of destroying rebel facilitys should be toned down. OTA shouldn't just discover something and destroy it as often. Then should recon with GHOSTS, ghosts report back, and OTA sent in with fixed equipment target a specific building or resource. We should stop just flinging things with a psygun and saying we knocked over stuff. Plan your searches/raids/explosive plants cumbeans.

If no one will RP cleaning their wrecked stuff up, at least their work for them is made up with their time spent with the psygun out.

-Support
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sat May 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Noob has a good point. But could you tell me the reason as to why the UU would want the Pharmacy taken down so badly?

No Meta.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Sat May 04, 2013 2:44 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Noob has a good point. But could you tell me the reason as to why the UU would want the Pharmacy taken down so badly?

No Meta.

Wait wutt?
The pharmacy is the CETA shop owned by the UU.
What do you mean uu wants it taken down?
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sat May 04, 2013 4:12 pm

Did it ever occur to anyone that the OTA destroying lambda things may not WANT them rebuilt?
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Sat May 04, 2013 5:18 pm

OH....do you mean the rebel med bay?

Well thats pretty straight forward diabro.

Destroy their med facilitys and any surviving wounded rebels don't come back.

?
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sat May 04, 2013 8:48 pm

They actually do that? Magically rebuild their shit the next day? WTF.
Is nobody actually taking care of this? at all?
WHAT
IS
WITH
THIS
SERVER
SOMETIMES
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Sun May 05, 2013 11:45 am

Meleepayne wrote:They actually do that? Magically rebuild their shit the next day? WTF.
WHAT
IS
WITH
THIS
SERVER
SOMETIMES

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeup.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Sun May 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Meleepayne wrote:They actually do that? Magically rebuild their shit the next day? WTF.
WHAT
IS
WITH
THIS
SERVER
SOMETIMES

Oh yeus, I forgot to mention, two level six loyalists can put everything back after the building being evacuated.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Sun May 05, 2013 12:35 pm

I completely agree. When I build the med bays and such I actually spend time and try to make it unique. Then a day later I come to see it destroyed. Just spawn debris and materialize the props.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down