» I'm in love wit a coco (Trippy <3)
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:02 am by Gremnkai

» For anyone who still happens to visit here from time to time
Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:21 pm by DIABLO258

The Crew: Ground Rules Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Crew: Ground Rules Discussion

Post  Ineptbird7 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:31 am

I Agree OnThose First Two Rules. Thinking of others to add...

(Bumping for Acknowledgement)
Ineptbird7
Operator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:39 am

Here's how the D6 thing will end up working. People will go back there, and then they will either lie about what happened to force them back there or else state that there's no rule against going back there and claim they've been fearRPing and everything, and then we kill them physgun/teleport them out. They will then complain obnoxiously in OOC or rage quit.

That is probably how it's going to go with a decent amount of these people.

I would like to add an addenum to the P2L+rolling stuff, that if both involved parties(either 1v1 or group of Combine vs 1 malcompliant) have a decent amount of RP experience and can reasonably gauge how things will go, they have the option of forgoing rolls and proceeding. However, if this is employed in a situation and ANY arguing occurs, an Admin or Super Admin will float over and come to a decision, based on whatever has occured prior to the conflict of opinions of the involved parties.

Last edited by General Bravo on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his wayMuch has changed since days of old, but nothing changed what his mind holds.
Resistance:
Nick Bradford-Unknown-[STATUS UNKNOWN]

Former Supreme Military Commander of The Crew
Founder of The Event Horizon, that we may rise from the ashes.
General Bravo
Super Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

fagaqghahhywy

Post  Ashes on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:05 am

I have a couple suggestions. I think we need rules, obviously. But I also think we could benefit off of 'guidelines'. One I can think of off the bat is guidelines for self-moderation of the community, if there were no administrators on the server, but not ways to directly control the problem IE: everyone gets /ban but I mean things like reminders, "Contact an admin, or unless the situation is 1.2.3. ETC." For example, there are a couple grey areas on what to do during situations, *cough* http://thecrew.forumotion.com/t1415-cincere-s-ban-demote-request *cough*, which I know I would at-least benefit from. And I also think we should have an explicit list of offences as well, make it simple. Rather than say, "FearRP plz", actually give more direct rules, "If you run away rather than face arrest, you will be kicked." Just throwing some things out there.

Alice Mercier (CCA.C45.03.94025) - ALIVE
Rose Night - ALIVE
DA - TC
[url=http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=10&u=18205353]Image to large
Ashes
Silver Donator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz on Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:29 pm

General Bravo wrote:Here's how the D6 thing will end up working. People will go back there, and then they will either lie about what happened to force them back there or else state that there's no rule against going back there and claim they've been fearRPing and everything, and then we [s]kill them[/s] physgun/teleport them out. They will then complain obnoxiously in OOC or rage quit.

That is probably how it's going to go with a decent amount of these people.
Or you can give them a chance and observe them for a while to see whether or not they are bullshitting instead of being predjuiced, and just assuming everything.
Just saiyan.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:Ok this next rule I was debating on, but here's how I think we should write it out as it is really annoying when I see this happening

- Do NOT OOCly contact a person to switch characters for an important IC purpose (Typically Action RP), this can be seen as an act of meta and can also be immersion breaking as you now know they got on the character simply because you asked them to. If it is something passive like continuing a conversation that was ended the night before, it is fine.

What do you guys think about that one?

I can see how it's immersion breaking but I don't think it is meta.

Shea Vegas - DEAD
Patrick Croke - Trying to start his own business and relaxing in his apartment.
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C45-S2-GHOST-EpU.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - Helping Jenny run the Resistance and maintaining the medical division in the Lambda.

Slashraider
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coopech on Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:46 pm

General Bravo wrote:Here's how the D6 thing will end up working. People will go back there, and then they will either lie about what happened to force them back there or else state that there's no rule against going back there and claim they've been fearRPing and everything, and then we kill them physgun/teleport them out. They will then complain obnoxiously in OOC or rage quit.

or else state that there's no rule against going back there and claim they've been fearRPing and everything, and then we kill them physgun/teleport them out. They will then complain obnoxiously in OOC or rage quit.

and then we kill them physgun/teleport them out. They will then complain obnoxiously in OOC or rage quit.

i cant comprehend how people would think this way
and think that THIS is a good idea
Coopech

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amtq5aXRL8

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:32 am

One can only take so many people making a beeline straight for D6 as soon as they connect before getting to that point. And I have seen it happen so damn many times that I am at that point.

And it's not like I can just let it happen because if I do, people will just go to the slums, and plazaRP will dry up. When plazaRP dries up, the Civil Protection, CWU, and people who actually RP citizens in the plaza start leaving. When they start leaving, all we have left is a single digit number of people in the slums. And, since we didn't stop anyone from coming in, they all came in with no development and little to no RP ability, so the RP is bad, so that single digit number gets smaller and smaller until TC eventually closes again.

How do I know this? BECAUSE IT ALREADY HAPPENED ONCE.

Civil Protection:
CCA-C18-CmD.08292-Alive-Searching for APEX, hunting down the last surviving City 18 resistance members, and wiping out everyone who gets in his wayMuch has changed since days of old, but nothing changed what his mind holds.
Resistance:

General Bravo
Super Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wowdah on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:46 pm

SERVER SET - POWER GAMEING
All players:
-You must not Power Game at anytime, unless the player you are RP'ing with allows you to do so in character.
Not even with 3 units vs. 1 Citizen?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:50 pm

Well, and unarmed, cornered person could try to run, but odds are decent somebody would take a few shots. Said shots would probably give the person trying to run a hard time moving. Might not be breathing so good afterward.

Civil Protection:
Resistance:

General Bravo
Super Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaughi on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:16 pm

I have to agree with Holler on the subject of point-blank shots. The firearm in question jamming at this precise time excuse is a bit ridiculous. Point-blank shots shouldn't be rolled for, instead, P2L should come into effect.

200 posts, yey.

Combine Units:

(C18) CCA-C18-CORE-04-24659: Living the thug life, abusing citizens.

Citizens/Resistance

(C18) Garry "The Weasel" Cubbarnes: Escaping the city with his new friend, trying to regain his memories.
Zaughi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:
Wowdah wrote:
SERVER SET - POWER GAMEING
All players:
-You must not Power Game at anytime, unless the player you are RP'ing with allows you to do so in character.
Not even with 3 units vs. 1 Citizen?

In my opinion 3 Units vs 1 Citizen shouldn't be PG only if the person has like no weapons and is cornered, they could still run if they wanted to, when we enforce a rule like this people will exploit it and bend it to their will, I say we make it P2L on the victim's part if A: They have no weapons and B:They are cornered.

Edit: Another thing I am concerned with is how people are pain rping, do NOT be afraid to take pictures if somebody hasn't pain rped correctly in a combat scenario, with that said it brings me to my next action rp concern for TC, When a person is literally 2-6ft away, you are most likely never going to miss, even if you are a citizen with little weapon training. I say we revoke rolling if the person is within a reasonable range to shoot, You are not going to dodge a bullet at that range if you are exposed, Now 7-16ft away I could start to understand. If we truly are a P2L/Rolling server I think this would benefit our system, so many times I see bullshit battles that are just awkward.

Just consider that and tell me what you think, build on it, don't just rip on it if you don't like my thinking.

We are a P2L + Roll server for a reason.

P2L for Skill
Roll for Luck.

Shea Vegas - DEAD
Patrick Croke - Trying to start his own business and relaxing in his apartment.
Loyalist(s) :
Patrick Free - Slowly recovering from his insanity and he is starting to work at the CWU Goods Store and the Hospital again.
Enslaved Biotic(s) :
Combine(s) :
CCA-C45-S2-GHOST-EpU.32789 - Bringing the GHOST division back to life.
Anti-citizen(s) :
Lucy "Hera" Dellgott - Helping Jenny run the Resistance and maintaining the medical division in the Lambda.

Slashraider
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ye

Post  Coopech on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:54 pm

p2l for gunfights
roll for fistfights

i generally think of firefights as so quick anything can happen, so p2l can be used at a close-quarter shooting

on the otherhand, HtH is so varied you can retaliate in so many different ways and return with so many different types of kicks and punches that p2ling would just result in /me throw punch /me block /me get hit but recover /me throw punch and repeat for 20 minutes of LOOC argument untill units run inside going 'all citzens on wall or Die'
Coopech

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8amtq5aXRL8

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:

Actually rolling is not luck, rolling CAN be luck, rolling is a play off of even ground, you can't just say the person hit's them when they are far away, that would be s2k, it is to see whether something happens or not. Hence why roll bonuses represent skill. Say I run and I roll to see if I get shot, it's not luck whether I do or not, it's luck if I get away.

P2L Isn't just skill either, p2l CAN be for skill but it generally isn't. What I am saying is, people just absolutely are not going to miss point blank UNLESS countered by somebody else or for some reason, a rat comes along and bites them on the foot. If I am a 4 year old toddler who has never touched a gun in his life and I somehow find one and go up to a CCA unit point blank range, I don't have skill I am just that close that I am going to hit him, he's not going to dodge it, especially if he is unaware.

The problem is even though the person realistically could just murder a unit point blank in one go without missing from behind, people generally will NOT except that, and NO ONE would except a PK over that.
So the solution to creating realism, is sandwhiching more realism all over that realism so you have oozing realistic realism up on top of the wall, then you shit more realism on the wall and slide it ina glass bowl.
Basically-

Make the price of killing a unit so incredibly risky and high that almost no one will wan't to do it unless life threatened or it's a full fledged rebel attack.

A unit dies-
Reaction-

No questions asked, all units rush to the spot of death with instant knowledge of the location guns out due to cca surveillance/biosignal systems (not to mention the ridiculous actual volume of a gun echoing off huge urban buildings), ota can be flagged up with a an officers approval immediately, and whoever murdered that unit "realistically", is "realistically" pursued by the sub human opressive half alien police/military force into the slums like a wounded deer in a forest until they are cornered by the OTA and meet their untimely execution by the CmD's pinky finger.

that is rp efficiency, and fear.
gotta make that fear.
weigh them decisions.

Attention Whores are gey.
Swag is gey.
Yolo is gey.
#SWAQYOLFKONY2013 is not gey.
RK

Noobstrike
Super Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down