The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
some ideas/improvments EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
some ideas/improvments EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
some ideas/improvments EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
some ideas/improvments EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
some ideas/improvments EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
some ideas/improvments EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
some ideas/improvments EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
some ideas/improvments EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
some ideas/improvments EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
some ideas/improvments EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

some ideas/improvments

2 posters

Go down

some ideas/improvments Empty some ideas/improvments

Post  beefalo master Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:41 am

hello,

i was thinking about some improvements/ideas to make the RP more realistic to the Half-Life universe,

first, we need more things,

such as 1 or 2 city scanners. now i understand the concern off the bat:

"we don't want players being annoyed or constantly flashed in the face, and leaving or complaining"

well to bad, this is a combine occupation people! the comfortably of the citizens should be the least of our concerns, also there should only be 1 or 2 so that they don't get annoyed.

also, ive never seen actual city scanners in another role play server.
you guys would be unique in this matter, and im sure people will notice.

also, i don't know what you have to do to get a emplacement gun on the railing above the nexus gate, but that would be a good addition.

another thing you guys should do is make a schedule for the ration directory and post it on a wall or two so that people know when it opens (because not only would this please the populace but it would get all the payers on a schedule and keep them coming back)

and moving onto one of my bigger concerns: the poor/lack of CP.

there are very few or sometimes no metro police on the plaza or in the map period!
this is obviously a issue, and i understand some quotas cant be filled (because everybodys human)

but i seriously think that's a critical thing to put time into, you have perfect scenery and a stunning environment, but the civil protection are the icing on the cake!

(i consider myself a combine expert, im very familiar in their tactics and way of life, so they are a big thing for me)

but anyway, thank you all for listening and please post a response or two so we can discuss this.

-Nick

beefalo master
beefalo master

Back to top Go down

some ideas/improvments Empty Re: some ideas/improvments

Post  Unknown Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 am

You see, we don't really need that many CCA in the plaza at all times, because of ratio purposes. If you didn't know, the ratio is 1 CCA for every 3 Citizens, and +1 CCA for every anti-citizen. The people I see destroy this ratio the most is honestly the rebels, I don't want to complain, but that is a fact.

And also, some people actually do play as a city scanner, we wouldn't use an NPC because that would just get annoying. Instead we have actual players play as a city scanner, that way it adds a lot more RP.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

some ideas/improvments Empty okay i see your point.

Post  beefalo master Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 pm

and i didn't know (nor have i seen that)
but that's pretty cool. the idea of a player controlled city scanner, that's the original stuff i want to see.

but as far as the CP go, i dont know how the server works, but i haven't seen more than 15 people on the server at a time, so i see your point.

but since that's the case: then perhaps the focus of my complaining should shift towards quality over quantity.

you should encourage the staff who run the metro police, to do research on the tactics and behavior of the combine, or at least ask me Very Happy

now im not one to criticize, im just trying to lend a hand
beefalo master
beefalo master

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:37 pm

We already have our tactics and stuff. And when posting to the forrums, please try and us propped grammar, by capitalizing your I's and using a a capital at the beginning of a sentence at least.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down