The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Combine theories #discuss EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Combine theories #discuss EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Combine theories #discuss EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Combine theories #discuss EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Combine theories #discuss EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Combine theories #discuss EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Combine theories #discuss EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Combine theories #discuss EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Combine theories #discuss EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Combine theories #discuss EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Combine theories #discuss

+6
Cherry of the Dead
General Bravo
Gremnkai
Unknown
Moose_hater
Magnum
10 posters

Go down

Combine theories #discuss Empty Combine theories #discuss

Post  Magnum Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:33 pm

still don't know what to think about the Combine. They were cruel, they were draconian, but I still think they might have had our best interests at heart.

I don't think Breen was lying out his teeth, I think he actually believe what he said. He was a true believer.

What if Freeman destroyed Humanity for a second time when he destroyed the Citadel? What if we were truly on the verge of immortality and ascendance to a greater species? What if the Combine wasn't evil?
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Combine theories #discuss Empty Re: Combine theories #discuss

Post  Moose_hater Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 pm

If they weren't evil, they wouldn't torture and kill.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Moose_hater wrote:If they weren't evil, they wouldn't torture and kill.

Well have you ever though the ones being tortured are criminals?
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:38 am

I agree with this quite a bit, especially on our server. Here in TC most of the Combeans are cool and half of the rebels gun down citizens or mug them on the street like random gang violence. I wouldn't necessarily say the Combine are good, but I do think that most of the rebels are sort of evil.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:54 am

Rebels rarely mug citizens or kill them unless they are inside of the slums and we want them out. Rebels mostly mug the cumbeeens.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:39 am

DarkPossum95 wrote:I agree with this quite a bit, especially on our server. Here in TC most of the Combeans are cool and half of the rebels gun down citizens or mug them on the street like random gang violence. I wouldn't necessarily say the Combine are good, but I do think that most of the rebels are sort of evil.
I think you've got the rebels confused with some other group of slums-dwellers.

>MFW "CCA are pretty cool"

Combine theories #discuss You-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka-eWlZcs

S'like being in Poland in 1941 saying the local goose steppers are pretty cool.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Combine theories #discuss Empty Interesting Question.

Post  Cherry of the Dead Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:59 am

I gotta say quite an interesting question, magnum.

If the Union was evil or not is a touchy subject given the vague lore universe of Half-Life 2, What the Gman's intentions are and if maybe humans are just too week to deal with such a society at a modern age since they were raised differently. The very idea of them being "Evil" with a label is most likely an opinion but there are some small factors that might make them considered an evil group.

The Universal Union has enslaved many worlds far before their time came to take earth. They work under the benifactors who do things for their own personal gain ofcourse. The labor of humans and the recources of earth prove to be quite profitable for the Union. It is known that the Union does make certain humans augmented and removes their individuality to make them simply labor slaves but this is at the human's will unless they misbehave then it would result in them becoming a stalker. Could it be that the Union is simply trying to enforce law in such a harsh way to intimidate humans to not do anything just for the better good, to preserve peace? Maybe in their home there were customs like that and that is how laws worked but to humans it isnt cultureally acceptable and we are not ready for a society like that.

Humans to some degree may be brain washed from the Union at a social level but it does give some peace to the world. A form of government that gives all equality and just enough to live, orgnization and so on where they do not profit or become greedy. Though there is a problem with the Union taking earth recources, it is their world and they promised to shelter humans with walls from the monsters that lure outside.

So yes and no.. Its all a perspective, the Union is like any government that has ever takin over. They kill for reason but they protect. The resistance doesnt accept the methods and are willing to fight. Both notable causes.

Cherry of the Dead
Cherry of the Dead

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Wow really well put Cherry.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:21 am

Cherry of the Dead wrote:I gotta say quite an interesting question, magnum.

If the Union was evil or not is a touchy subject given the vague lore universe of Half-Life 2, What the Gman's intentions are and if maybe humans are just too week to deal with such a society at a modern age since they were raised differently. The very idea of them being "Evil" with a label is most likely an opinion but there are some small factors that might make them considered an evil group.

The Universal Union has enslaved many worlds far before their time came to take earth. They work under the benifactors who do things for their own personal gain ofcourse. The labor of humans and the recources of earth prove to be quite profitable for the Union. It is known that the Union does make certain humans augmented and removes their individuality to make them simply labor slaves but this is at the human's will unless they misbehave then it would result in them becoming a stalker. Could it be that the Union is simply trying to enforce law in such a harsh way to intimidate humans to not do anything just for the better good, to preserve peace? Maybe in their home there were customs like that and that is how laws worked but to humans it isnt cultureally acceptable and we are not ready for a society like that.

Humans to some degree may be brain washed from the Union at a social level but it does give some peace to the world. A form of government that gives all equality and just enough to live, orgnization and so on where they do not profit or become greedy. Though there is a problem with the Union taking earth recources, it is their world and they promised to shelter humans with walls from the monsters that lure outside.

So yes and no.. Its all a perspective, the Union is like any government that has ever takin over. They kill for reason but they protect. The resistance doesnt accept the methods and are willing to fight. Both notable causes.

So you're saying were not evil, but we still are killing innocent animals ever day!?
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 am

I think what it comes down to is that people run into the resistance and they aren't being white knights welcoming newcomers with open arms like it's HL2. But it ain't HL2, the people who run into the resistance aren't the Freeman, and the resistance views most who are not solidly with them 100% as a liability. That being said, they're not Reggie and Tyrone. You won't see rebels mugging refugees for everything they have and leaving them for dead or killing them. You will, however, see the CCA beat the pissballs out of people publicly, or even publicly execute someone from time to time. "But they're criminals." So something like running or giving a CCA a look he doesn't like are such heinous acts that anyone who does them deserves to get the shit beaten out of them? How much Breen's Private Reserve have you people been drinking?
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:24 am

UnitBravo342 wrote: How much Breen's Private Reserve have you people been drinking?

LOADS
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:33 am

UnitBravo342 wrote:
DarkPossum95 wrote:I agree with this quite a bit, especially on our server. Here in TC most of the Combeans are cool and half of the rebels gun down citizens or mug them on the street like random gang violence. I wouldn't necessarily say the Combine are good, but I do think that most of the rebels are sort of evil.
I think you've got the rebels confused with some other group of slums-dwellers.
He's talking about bazid, rose and possibly jenny, the band of people who go around killing lolwefugees and truly rp'd refugees alike, unless its a SA or someone they like, then they will say GET IN HEA BUDDY

But of course, yeah the rebels wont welcome refugees with open arms, but really does that mean putting a shotgun to their face and pointing them into the direction of death? Being forced back to the plaza to be amputated by the combine, or the sewers to be torn apart by the zombies inside. All on the excuse that that single person could cause the CCA to spend resources, time and manpower for that one person in the [IC'ly] Massive sprawling slums where they could be hiding anywhere? IF it was for a diffrent excuse, like right after operation:downfall, then yeah they wouldn't want to risk jack, but otherwise. any excuse like "Combine spy" would be silly, legitimate often actually but in some cases silly.

Last edited by Meleepayne on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Jaquez that's such a uninformed thing to say. We never meta like that. We almost ALWAYS kick out the people who come into the slums unless they can prove to us that they can't go back. Even then we don't trust them for a while until they EARN it.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Gremnkai wrote:Jaquez that's such a uninformed thing to say. We never meta like that. We almost ALWAYS kick out the people who come into the slums unless they can prove to us that they can't go back. Even then we don't trust them for a while until they EARN it.
In that case [also because we talked in-game about it and shit] oops.
Just my opinion from what i've experienced, prolly should've added just my 2 cents.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jman Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Magnum wrote:still don't know what to think about the Combine. They were cruel, they were draconian, but I still think they might have had our best interests at heart.

I don't think Breen was lying out his teeth, I think he actually believe what he said. He was a true believer.

What if Freeman destroyed Humanity for a second time when he destroyed the Citadel? What if we were truly on the verge of immortality and ascendance to a greater species? What if the Combine wasn't evil?
Getting the Union out of Earth would leave the dead planet behind, Humanity would die out within two generations.

/thread
Jman
Jman

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Jmannon00b1 wrote:
Magnum wrote:still don't know what to think about the Combine. They were cruel, they were draconian, but I still think they might have had our best interests at heart.

Getting the Union out of Earth would leave the dead planet behind, Humanity would die out within two generations.

/thread

Okay smartass Razz
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:10 pm

You're implying people wouldn't just cultivate in what areas of greenery remain(see White Forest)and eat headcrabs and leeches for the rest of existence. Oh, did I mention patterns point to the Union planning on making humanity extinct by a combination of assimilation(via Overwatch or Stalkers)and reducing the population replacement rate to zero? Humanity is way more fucked with the Combine remaining in place. Humanity would be 100% wiped out(Overwatch are basically cyborg zombies and Stalkers are basically the same), and whatever the Earth has left by HL2 would be entirely gone. The entire planet's oceans drained to dry rock. The world's forests turned to deserts. Any resource the UU use would be strip mined. The Earth that would remain would resemble Mars, a dead desert world. There might be a bunch of Combine outposts scattered around populated with Overwatch, but that'd be it.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:35 am

UnitBravo342 wrote:You're implying people wouldn't just cultivate in what areas of greenery remain(see White Forest)and eat headcrabs and leeches for the rest of existence. Oh, did I mention patterns point to the Union planning on making humanity extinct by a combination of assimilation(via Overwatch or Stalkers)and reducing the population replacement rate to zero? Humanity is way more fucked with the Combine remaining in place. Humanity would be 100% wiped out(Overwatch are basically cyborg zombies and Stalkers are basically the same), and whatever the Earth has left by HL2 would be entirely gone. The entire planet's oceans drained to dry rock. The world's forests turned to deserts. Any resource the UU use would be strip mined. The Earth that would remain would resemble Mars, a dead desert world. There might be a bunch of Combine outposts scattered around populated with Overwatch, but that'd be it.
Why the hell are there humans still alive then? if the combines goal was just to fuck up humanity then why bother with keeping them under a rule? all they would need to do is say "LOL WE LIED TIME TO DIE MOTHERFUCKER" And laser/dark energy every single thing that moves thats not combine. Hell, they fucked up earths armies in 7 hours, why'd they even stop. I get that they would want to probably become stronger by taking earth's main species and getting more military power, but really, they have a assload of synths, mortar synths, walking crab synths with machine guns, walking super soldier synths, tri-pod synths that warp the fabric of space when they are chargin thar lazoooor and balls that reduce people to atoms. So really they have no real reason to even give a fuck about humanity. The only logical explanation for humanity not being dead by the events of hl2 is G-Man.
Probably named Gordon man, i bet 100$ that theres a gordon freeman brand crowbar in gman's suitcase.

[i just rambled the living fuck out of this post nothing to see here move along]
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:25 am

Meleepayne wrote:
UnitBravo342 wrote:You're implying people wouldn't just cultivate in what areas of greenery remain(see White Forest)and eat headcrabs and leeches for the rest of existence. Oh, did I mention patterns point to the Union planning on making humanity extinct by a combination of assimilation(via Overwatch or Stalkers)and reducing the population replacement rate to zero? Humanity is way more fucked with the Combine remaining in place. Humanity would be 100% wiped out(Overwatch are basically cyborg zombies and Stalkers are basically the same), and whatever the Earth has left by HL2 would be entirely gone. The entire planet's oceans drained to dry rock. The world's forests turned to deserts. Any resource the UU use would be strip mined. The Earth that would remain would resemble Mars, a dead desert world. There might be a bunch of Combine outposts scattered around populated with Overwatch, but that'd be it.
Why the hell are there humans still alive then? if the combines goal was just to fuck up humanity then why bother with keeping them under a rule? all they would need to do is say "LOL WE LIED TIME TO DIE MOTHERFUCKER" And laser/dark energy every single thing that moves thats not combine. Hell, they fucked up earths armies in 7 hours, why'd they even stop. I get that they would want to probably become stronger by taking earth's main species and getting more military power, but really, they have a assload of synths, mortar synths, walking crab synths with machine guns, walking super soldier synths, tri-pod synths that warp the fabric of space when they are chargin thar lazoooor and balls that reduce people to atoms. So really they have no real reason to even give a fuck about humanity. The only logical explanation for humanity not being dead by the events of hl2 is G-Man.
Probably named Gordon man, i bet 100$ that theres a gordon freeman brand crowbar in gman's suitcase.

[i just rambled the living fuck out of this post nothing to see here move along]

Do note that breen managed earths surrender
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:09 am

[quote="Magnum"]
Meleepayne wrote:

Do note that breen managed earths surrender

Yeah but all he really did is bent over and took it in the ass. The combine didn't need to accept the surrender, all they ever really needed to do is kill everything.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:45 am

That's all they've done since they came to Earth. They just slowed it down to extract some slave labor from what's left of the human population.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Meleepayne wrote:

Think about it the reason humans are still alive in hl2 is look at what we can do. We destroy there striders and synths. Destroy there stuff ect. We could be potentially cloned and aid in conquering new planets, simply because.. what if? What if the combine meet a planet with really advanced tech and freeking weapons that blow up striders in a shot. Think about the difference we could make. We could destroy the weapons. Humans have potential.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:26 pm

As Unit said, the only reason the Combine keeps humans alive is labour. They want Earth's resources; humans are accustomed to the Earth. Who could drain it's resources better than humans themselves? Humans are the perfect workers. They also could, potentially, be turned into synths like for example happened to the strider. That's most likely not a main reason though, more like, a possible side effect.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Silver wrote:As Unit said, the only reason the Combine keeps humans alive is labour. They want Earth's resources; humans are accustomed to the Earth. Who could drain it's resources better than humans themselves? Humans are the perfect workers. They also could, potentially, be turned into synths like for example happened to the strider. That's most likely not a main reason though, more like, a possible side effect.
There WAS a hl2 beta npc called the combine guard, it was a blind man in a big ass suit and he was pretty much a fuggin synth. Also combine supersoldier cyborg.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Meleepayne wrote:
Silver wrote:As Unit said, the only reason the Combine keeps humans alive is labour. They want Earth's resources; humans are accustomed to the Earth. Who could drain it's resources better than humans themselves? Humans are the perfect workers. They also could, potentially, be turned into synths like for example happened to the strider. That's most likely not a main reason though, more like, a possible side effect.
There WAS a hl2 beta npc called the combine guard, it was a blind man in a big ass suit and he was pretty much a fuggin synth. Also combine supersoldier cyborg.

OTA's are by technicallity "synths" and yes, there was a giant blind guy in a suit during beta
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down