The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
OTA suggestion EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
OTA suggestion EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
OTA suggestion EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
OTA suggestion EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
OTA suggestion EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
OTA suggestion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
OTA suggestion EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
OTA suggestion EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
OTA suggestion EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
OTA suggestion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

OTA suggestion

+4
General Bravo
Precinct Helghast
DIABLO258
Mahunik
8 posters

Go down

OTA suggestion Empty OTA suggestion

Post  Mahunik Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Not a while ago, players have been mentioned about operators/admins only getting OTA and it being unfair to the 'User' part of the player base. I'm suggesting that CCA units at the rank of 01 should get OTA whitelist. Instead of the Overwatch being a sub-faction, I think we should bump it up more. Now new overwatch units will be more organized and weapon armaments should be more strict (SMG/Shotgun Usage for standard OTA). Training from OTA Sqls, Elite overwatch selection, and even practice drills. For example practice drills have overwatch units get assigned a apartment room # to breach and clear for training. This will get citizens more involved and would show how elite the combine is by displaying their power. Just some things to talk about, reply with ideas.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

OTA suggestion Empty Re: OTA suggestion

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Well I tried to demonstrate that not just admins get it by declining the offer to be King.

As I stated earlier, they arnt given to only Admins. You must work and develop your character and turn the story of C18 into your favor. You have the power to mold the city to how you see fit, it will just take time, skill, and luck.

I cant keep my Partell story running for to long, and I cant keep administrator for to long either. I actually had a plan for the administrator, I don't know if it would fit cannon, but it would allow the chance of a new administrator taking over in due time.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

OTA suggestion Empty I agree.

Post  Precinct Helghast Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:11 pm

I agree with the weapons should be more strict. BUT for OTA if there's more then 3 (Three) MPF (OR OTA) Which usually means that there's heavy resistance or a sweep which I think you should be allowed to use a Pulse Rifle. Only if you ask CCAC though. [ And no you can't rp CCAC Allowing you to use one you actually have to ask over radio or person to person [Or Person to machine I guess???]
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Nah, the Combine would be more strict on weaponry assignment then that. I say we keep AR2s with those who are authorized and are trained with them, as in SqLs and BLADE and KING squads. Besides, OTA are the more highly trained anyway. Them coming at you means you probably aren't gonna make it. If they happen to have a gun in their hands and are within range, you will not survive, or at least that's what you'll think IC. An AR2 isn't necessarily needed to reinforce that. It's basically a heavy weapon only issued to the elites and defense-oriented forces of the OTA.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

OTA suggestion Empty Indeed

Post  Jman Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:35 pm

I agree, in Half Life 2, you encounter OTA in squads of 4-6 on average, one uses an AR2, most likely the SQL, when on or two would have a shotgun, the OPM, and the rest have SMGs.

As for the 01 statement with OTA, according to official HL2 Canon, the Overwatch Transhuman Arm are not former CCA units. They are actually disobedient citizens, volunteers, and former soldiers of Earth.
Jman
Jman

Back to top Go down

Post  Trippy Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Jmannon00b1 wrote:I agree, in Half Life 2, you encounter OTA in squads of 4-6 on average, one uses an AR2, most likely the SQL, when on or two would have a shotgun, the OPM, and the rest have SMGs.

As for the 01 statement with OTA, according to official HL2 Canon, the Overwatch Transhuman Arm are not former CCA units. They are actually disobedient citizens, volunteers, and former soldiers of Earth.

-Clockwork starts crew server starts noobs enter- -Noobs desc says- EX MARINE IMA FAGGOT C:C:C: I CAN HAZ WEAPONS- /me looks at him /me grabs him tosses him in the dumpster /y NO OTA FOR YOU >:C
Trippy
Trippy
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:16 am

Well, that's official canon, we don't talk to noobs about that, otherwise they'll get that idea. Not that noobs follow the canon anyway unless it gets them guns.

Even if any in the military were to survive somehow, they would've hauled ass to a good hiding spot and never moved from it, to say nothing of sending anyone into a city.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jman Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:56 pm

unitbravo342 wrote:Well, that's official canon, we don't talk to noobs about that, otherwise they'll get that idea. Not that noobs follow the canon anyway unless it gets them guns.

Even if any in the military were to survive somehow, they would've hauled ass to a good hiding spot and never moved from it, to say nothing of sending anyone into a city.
The military didn't get away, yet many of them just surrendered, the Combine observed their fighting tactics, and would see it as effective to other humans (Rebels) directly, therefore causing less collateral damage on earth with more precision (Which is why they made the AR2 specifically for Transhuman forces)

The Militaries surrendered, and were captured, augmented to fuck, and thus was the first OTA army.
Jman
Jman

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Why would anyone voulentarily be an OTA.
Think about that.
Idfc how loyal you are to the UU.
No one will want to have an AI.
Its like being dead.
You remember nothing.
Blackness
until its taken out and your brain wakes up again, then you remember nothing of your time as an OTA.
if ever.

Of course they're going to make forced volenteers!
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Well OTA should only be deployed in squads of three because of the actual amount of players on is never enough for more. Unless they are all anti shitizens...
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:55 pm

*everyone on server is anticitizen, some high command flags up*
"Autonomous judgement is now in effect."
*everyone flags to OTA*

Eh, who am I kidding, nobody'd ever do anything like that.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:23 pm

Yeah, I need to find a way around that.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

OTA suggestion Empty Ok

Post  Trippy Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Heres the deal when a sweep comes announce in ooc if your on a rebel char and you leave or char change past this moment it is a pk?
Trippy
Trippy
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:25 pm

unitbravo342 wrote:*everyone on server is anticitizen, some high command flags up*
"Autonomous judgement is now in effect."
*everyone flags to OTA*

Eh, who am I kidding, nobody'd ever do anything like that.

I did that all the time in DA when Cherry was on, I knew it'd be impossible to RP with him being OTA because once he is OTA and calls a sweep, Everyone dies no matter what. The only time I've survived a barrage of Cherries PGing is when Sword took on two OTA elites in late LG. Thats the ONE time I've ever survived his PG. If He never PGed Sword would be dead sooner and I'd have had a different main character. I only wanted Sword back so I could kill her off my OWN way or do it Noobstrike's way. All in all, Sometimes flagging up stealthy-like can aid in happiness in RP. But no one in TC is as big as cherry was in PGing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:07 pm

"Noobstrikes way"?
Explination.
DEMANDITH ONE!
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content