The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Book Applications EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Book Applications EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Book Applications EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Book Applications EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Book Applications EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Book Applications EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Book Applications EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Book Applications EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Book Applications EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Book Applications EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Book Applications

+5
Floridabum
anthmaster
Unknown
Dimond_miner56
DIABLO258
9 posters

Go down

Book Applications Empty Book Applications

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:17 pm

We need some good books people! Write your own!

Rules:
1. It must be In-Character! No OOC books that are not related to HL2.
2. No FailRP books, such as saying you met the g-man in a journal, etc.
3. Remember no meta...
4. Common sense, think about the rules in RP and bring them here.
5. (Optional): Type it in word or a similar writing program and just copy and paste here to save spell check, grammar check, etc.

Template:
Book Title: [Book name] - By: [Character name]
--------------------------------------
Steam Name:
Steam ID:
Book Name:
Price $5-10:
IC Book Author:
Is it unique, or will it have various copies?: [Unique] [Copies]
Type of book: [Journal] [Story] [Article] [Biography] [Informational/Learning]

Your story:

-------------------

ALL APLLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED IN THIS THREAD

Last edited by DIABLO258 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Book Applications Empty The Journal

Post  Dimond_miner56 Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:34 am

Book Title: Old Journal - By: Ronald Diar
Steam Name: Dimond_miner56
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:44429673
Book Name: Old Journal
Price $5-10: $0
IC Book Author: Ronald Diar
Is it unique, or will it have various copies?: One Unique copy (Kyle Lamda would have it)
Type of book: Journal

Your story:
Day 1: Yesterday the combine took over, it took them 7 HOURS.
I thought I may as well try to log the days, so I can by the time until
the military takes over again
Day 3: Well right now I am on a train to a city 6 I have no clue where it is, but we have been traveling for what seems hours. We finally arrived and I was assigned an apartment with another man by the name of Kyle Lamda.
Day 10: Today the fighting arose again in city 6, the rebels were shot on sight. Me and Kyle were assigned Citizen IDs as well today, the combine seems to be setting up here.
Day 12: I am writing as fast as I can the combine are raiding this floor! A man with guns is hiding in are apartment, Me and Kyle tried to get him out but its no use, we will surely get beaten today. I will try to reason with them
(Blood splatter)----------------------------------------------------------------
Day 16: They shot him right next to me! Boom dead! But on the good side I reasoned with the combine, I am hoping we can join them, I don't want to worry about the raids and the beatings. Kyle is more keen to the resistance though....
Day 20: The raids are slowing down now, the less beatings the better. Kyle has come home a couple times with muddy boots where has he been?
Day 25: Well me and Kyle have been separated I am being sent to City 23
He is going to City 8. I arrived and I have an apartment all to myself, this city must be new there is not many people.
Day 26: A store store has opened up, the CWU I applied and got ACCEPTED! I start working tomorrow, A new currency is being used tokens. Anyways I get paid 7 an hour, Maybe I can set myself up here good.
Day 34: Well I have been working everyday besides weekends I have made a lot of money I also got a letter, from Kyle. He said: The crime of time is stuck in 4 past 8, it came with a clock..... He is very confusing. Well this is the last page of my journal I will have to buy another.

END BOOK ONE

OOC: Why am I the only one who does these things?
-------------------
Dimond_miner56
Dimond_miner56

Back to top Go down

Book Applications Empty Re: Book Applications

Post  DIABLO258 Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Dimond_miner56: ACCEPTED
I only accept your journal because it will not be sold at stores. (Your special exceptions)
This journal will be placed in during the night when no one is online. And admin will give it to you when they are online.

PS: People do these, I just removed the old ones because they were OOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD and most were by Cherry.

Code - COMPLETED
In-game - Pending Restart
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Book Applications Empty Handguns and you seris one

Post  Dimond_miner56 Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:51 am

Book Title: [Book name] - By: [Character name]
Steam Name: Dimond_miner56
Steam ID:
Book Name: Handguns and you, the basics!
Price $5-10: $10 (Black Market dealers only)
IC Book Author: Samule Hannz
Is it unique, or will it have various copies?: [Copies]
Type of book:[Informational/Learning]

Your story:
Handguns and you!
You have just purchased a new hand gun! Now lets learn how to take care of it.
The first thing you must remember never point it at someone, it could be lethal.

To Clean Your Handgun
First you must turn the safety on and point it down. Then with a size
seven screwdriver you must unscrew the two screws at the back of the handgun. Your handguns top should be loose now, slide it off and you can unscrew the top of the barrel and clean it.

To Shoot your gun!

When shooting a handgun, you must not point it at anyone and always turn the safety on when your done. When you are ready to shoot your handgun you must take a clip of six bullets and slide it into the hollow part of the barrel, the arrows will indicate which end goes in first. Then you must turn off the safety, and point it at your target. Be prepared for slight kick when firing as you might hurt your wrist. Once you have your gun aimed you should slowly pull down the trigger firing the weapon.

Now you know all the basics to cleaning and firing your hand gun, if you found this guide useful why don't you buy my next copy, "Handguns and you, time to Advance!".

PS: This book is not meant for selling out of store its meant for BMDs selling it to rebels and citizens
-------------------
Dimond_miner56
Dimond_miner56

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Wed May 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Book Title: First Aid Handbook - By: Conlon Hughes
Steam Name: //DarkPossum\\
Steam ID: Steam_0:1:60074171
Book Name: First Aid Handbook
Price $5-10: $10 (With a permit) or free to pharmacy employees.
IC Book Author: Conlon Hughes
Is it unique, or will it have various copies: Copy’s
Type of book: [Informational/Learning]

Your story:
In this handbook, we will hope to allow the reader to learn the basics of first aid. Information about treating wounds, identifying medicines and properly using bio-gel and bandages and much more will be included in this book.
Index:
Chapter One: Treating Wounds
Chapter Two: Bandages and How They are used
Chapter Three: Using Bio-Gel
Chapter Four: Identifying Medicine

Treating Wounds
In this chapter, information about how to properly sanitize, bandage and remove a bullet will be included.
Now, if you were to imagine a man has been shot in the leg. This is a tragic incident, and he may die if he were not treated properly. Upon walking up to the man and examining his wound, what do you think you should do? Think about it for a second. Well… First of all, we need to find a way to remove the bullet from his leg if it didn’t already fly out the other side. When removing a bullet, you have to be very careful. If you do this wrong, you are more than able to make things worse than they already where. Here are a few steps on how to properly do this.
1. The wound must be sterilized before surgery. To do this, you must take a sterile wipe from your medical supply bag and thoroughly disinfect the wound by wiping away all the blood and pushing the disinfectant into the wound.
Note: If the person is awake, you could orally apply an anti-biotic to allow them to not develop further infection.
2. After successfully disinfecting the wound, you should have a pair of tweezers or similar extraction devices in your medical bag. You need to carefully insert these into the wound and pull out the bullet or any form of shrapnel. Don’t be afraid if you see a lot of blood, their life is in your hands and you do not have time for fear.
3. Now that the bullet has been removed, you need to apply bio-gel to the wound. Use of bio-gel will be covered in a later chapter.
4. Now that bio-gel has been applied, the wound should begin to heal itself at a significant rate. Although, it should still take days and maybe weeks for them to fully recover.
5. After the bio-gel has been applied, you need to wrap bandages around the wound. Applying bandages will be covered in a later chapter.
After doing all of these steps, the person should shortly recover to consciousness and you can give them some pain killers if necessary.

Bandages and How They are Used
If you were to take a box of bandages, you should be able to find a small roll of them and some medical tape to hold them together. These bandages are made of a flexible material that holds the wound tight and makes it so bleeding is stopped or absorbed for the time being. In this chapter, the proper use of bandages will be covered. Here are some steps to show how to properly bandage a wound.
1. Once you have your box of bandages out, you need to make sure the rest of the steps of properly treating a wound have been covered BEFORE bandaging the wound.
2. After grabbing the roll of bandages, you need to identify where the wound is and you need to tightly wrap the bandages around the limb or part of the body the wound is on. Don’t be afraid to use too much, you are supposed to use the entire roll.
3. Once the bandages have been wrapped around, you must take the small roll of medical tape and tape the bandages shut, making it so they won’t come undone.
See, bandaging a wound is quite simple once you get the hang of it and develop some experience.

Using Bio-Gel
Bio-gel is a very advanced invention made by the Combine. It allows wounds to heal very quickly using super advanced stem-cells. In this chapter, there will be steps to show how bio-gel is to be used when treating a wound.
1. Once you have performed the other steps of disinfecting a wound, you must then take out your bottle of bio-gel and open the bottle. After making sure it is not expired and has no defects, you should then be able to continue.
2. You must then rub the bio-gel in a circular motion onto the wound, making sure to get all parts of the wound and cover all of it up.
See, using bio-gel is extremely simple, I am sure you can easily learn how to master this with enough practice.

Identifying Medicine
In this chapter, different types of medicines and what they do will be covered, allowing the reader to know what to prescribe to people that have conditions.
Paracetamol – Paracetamol is a type of high powered pain killer. This could be prescribed to somebody if they had problems with pain, E.g. headaches, sprained limb, broken bone, been shot or back pain. Paracetamol is a very flexible medicine that can be used for many things.
Steroids – Orally ingested steroids like the ones at your local pharmacy are used to restore or accelerate the capabilities of damaged muscle tissue. They are to be given to somebody that has injured themselves and the steroids will help them recover. E.g. shot in the leg, trouble walking, torn muscles or stiff limbs.
Anti-Depressants – Anti-Depressants are sometimes a very dangerous medicine, because they are very addicting and can have lethal side effects when ingested with alcohol. They are to be prescribed to people who are stressed out or not accepting the Combine way of life for how it should be. E.g. Being sad/upset, stressed out, anxiety or not accepting life.

I hope this handbook has helped you to understand how to properly be an employee of the pharmacy or medical center, or maybe had just been good to read in your spare time.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed May 08, 2013 10:06 pm

//DarkPossum\\: ACCEPTED

Its an understandable book. Will be very useful for Pharmacy workers.

Ill code this for you tomorrow. Or if Archi beats me to it... Doubt he will though because we don't have a Dev server anymore. But no worries. Ill get it in.

thats what she said
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Book Applications Empty Anthmaster's Book on Handling a Firearm {CCA Version}

Post  anthmaster Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Book Title: [How To Handle Your Firearm[CCA VERSION]] - By: [Anthony Booros]

Steam Name:X-Anthony Booros
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:52521030
Book Name: Handling Your Firearm. A CCA Training Book.
Price $5-10: 8$
IC Book Author: Anthony Booros
Is it unique, or will it have various copies?: [Copies]
Type of book:[Step-By-Step/Informational/Learning]

Your story:  
Part One-
 Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.

• This rule surpasses all other rules. It is a very simple concept, if the firearm is pointed in a safe direction, intentional or accidental discharge will not harm anyone. The safest direction should be chosen, so humans, animals, then inanimate objects are all taken into account.
  • This also includes being sure that when you carry the firearm you are able to fully control the muzzle direction and angle, especially if you are walking, or otherwise traveling (in case you trip or stumble, this is also helped by Part 3).

Part 2- 
The firearm is always loaded.

• Even if the firearm is known to be unloaded, it should be treated with the respect of a loaded gun. For example, even though you've just triple checked and know it is unloaded, you still don’t point it at people (follow Part 1 at all times).

Part 3-
Keep your finger off the trigger.
This prevents any accidental discharges from a trigger pull. With a pistol, there is usually an area above the trigger where you can rest your trigger finger (they often call this the "index point"). For rifles or other guns, it is best to remove your whole hand from the area where the trigger is. There are plenty of other safe ways to carry the gun.

• Along with this, it should be emphasized to not rely on the firearm's safety. While human error is many times more likely to cause a problem, the safety can fail, and pulling the trigger may result in an accidental discharge.

• Certain pistols don't have manual safeties at all. In this case, they often have safeties integrated into the trigger, back strap or grip, or hammer. These types of guns are especially dangerous around inexperienced users. But training and aggressive execution of safety techniques can overcome many of the dangers of a safety-less firearm.

• Once you are on the line to shoot, do not put your finger on the trigger until you have pointed in on the target. This may be a difficult habit to break as you may feel it is natural to have your finger on the trigger once you think you are wanting to shoot.

[*]
                                  Part 4-
Be sure of your target and everything that is downrange.

• This is important. Now that you have reached the point where you can fire, you want to be absolutely sure of what your target is, and what is behind it. In many cases the bullet fired can go through the target and out the other side. Anything downrange is important to watch. Bullets may strike an intended or unintended target and bounce, ricochet, or otherwise change direction.

• Be sure, if you are shooting with others around, that you do not stand behind anyone when you fire. Not only is this unsafe, but it is discourteous. Anyone shooting should be side by side. This prevents accidental shootings, it also prevents someone from being startled by the muzzle blast from the firearm. Even small guns like a 9mm pistol can put out a blast to make a grown man jump. And anything in front or to the sides of the muzzle can feel it. Larger caliber firearms like the magnum can actually cause headaches or damage just from the muzzle blast.

Part 5-

Firearms should be unloaded when handing to someone or when not actually in use.

• If you hand a firearm to someone it should be unloaded. Check the magazine and the chamber. When the firearm is not going to be used immediately, it should be unloaded in the same manner. If you receive a firearm from someone, you should check the magazine and chamber to make sure the gun is not loaded, until you intend to fire.

• A good way to let yourself, and anyone around you, know the gun is unloaded is by locking the bolt, slide, or cylinder in the open position. This makes it so that, even if the trigger is pulled, no bullet will fire.

• Check the manual for the firearm. It will generally mention the safest way to carry or unload the firearm.

• When not using the firearm or while transporting it, you should always unload the firearm.

Part 6-
Wear ear and eye protection.

• For many small caliber rifles ear protection is not completely necessary, but it is highly recommended. While the sound from small caliber fire may not cause pain, it still has a potential to damage your hearing. When shooting anything larger than a 9mm, it is strongly suggested that you use ear protection, especially during extended use. Ringing in your ears after a shot is fired is a sign that your ears are exceeding their percussive limitations and possibly causing permanent damage.

• Eye protection is a must. Even though you may be confident that there are no problems with your firearm, small problems can arise from your firearm heating up from firing, or from ammunition defects. There is also the problem of the spent bullet jackets hitting you in the eye. Another problem usually presents itself with larger calibers or pistols with very short, usually less than three inch barrels; there may be un-burned powder flying through the air, or even bouncing off the back of the bullet just fired, which can then be redirected toward you.

Biggest warning of all- Never Drink and Shoot.
End of the Book
Next Book: Citizens Version

anthmaster
anthmaster

Back to top Go down

Book Applications Empty Anthmaster's Poetry

Post  anthmaster Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:35 am

Book Title: [The CCA is still standing today] - By: [Anthony Booros]
Steam Name:X-Anthony Booros
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:52521030
Book Name: CCA will always be Brave
Price $5-10:  6$
IC Book Author:Anthony Booros
 Is it unique, or will it have various copies?:[Copies]
Type of book: [Custom/Poetry]

Your Poetry:
These men are: Brave, Courageous, Strong, Kind, Tough, Brutal, and most of all, Warriors.
Gun fire at night, bullets lighting up the sky.                                                                  Making sure that City 8 has freedom from the un-dead making sure their job is done and forcing the citizen to pick up the can.
Fighting against the resistance every day making sure that City 8 is safe.
During good times, and bad times, they will be there for each-other and leave no-one behind. The Combine Civil Authority will keep City 8 healthy and alive.
They are warriors in arms, helping each-other in every way. Making sure that every one of them will not be left behind and not stained by red paint.

-------------------
anthmaster
anthmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Floridabum Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:11 am

Book Title: James Kaufman's Journal - By: James Kaufman
Steam Name: Floridabum
Steam ID: [Not in-game, pending]
Book Name: James Kaufman's Journal
Price $5-10: 0$
IC Book Author: James Kaufman
Is it unique, or will it have various copies?: Unique.
Type of book: Journal.

Your story:

Now, what I was doing was filing some paperwork in my office. It was.. June 5th? It was a Sunday, that's all I remember. Years back. I watched my young ones play out the window, my wife was back in the kitchen, it was all dandy. I remember hearing long, metallic screeching and bellows, and I was very unsure of what it was, yet intrigued. I contacted my neighbors and before you know it we were all outside. Now, before I tell you what happened, I forgot to mention that our cable stopped working hours before. The whole neighborhood's cable. Cable men had no idea what was wrong with the power boxes, it seemed as if everything was in order, but it wasn't right. These bellows outside were getting louder and louder. Before you know it, we all looked in the sky, and there it was. A large, odd looking drop ship slowly hovering downwards, followed by large, ugly, odd looking creatures that seemed to glide down with the drop ship  Hell, I couldn't even remember anything after that. I just remembered waking up in a.. long corridor with other people. We were all strapped to chairs and the corridor seemed to wobble. I don't know, it might have been a train, but it was pretty large. I was desperately trying to free myself as everyone were crying, screaming.. confused. It was horrific. I remember hearing distant gunshots on top of that..

Soon, the train stopped. We all turned down the corridor as a large 7'4 kevlar covered man in what seemed to be a gas mask walked down the corridor of the train, followed by two others. They all began strapping us, getting us all in order, pointing their odd looking large guns at all of us. Most of the people were crying and asking where their children were.. what a depressing moment it was for us all. After we were escorted out, we were all herded into a building. There were tons of those 'gasmasked aliens' walking around the building, separating us and putting us onto different trains. I had no idea where my wife was, no idea where my children were, no idea where I was. It was horrifying.

(The writing is smudged out here, and the rest of the book is torn away.)
-------------------

Note: I don't know if I was canonically correct, but I could correct anything.
Floridabum
Floridabum

Back to top Go down

Book Applications Empty Book Application

Post  CallmeBambiefornowon. Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Book Title: Murder - By: [Frankie Astro]
Steam Name: Zedxbrainz
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:34496750
Book Name: Crime/Murder
Price $5-10: 5$
IC Book Author: Frankie Astro
Is it unique, or will it have various copies?: At least 10 Copies?
Type of book: Poetry/Other

Your story:
Looking out your window
Your eyes are stained with tears
Safe behind that barrier
From a world of fear
Magazines are loaded
Hands upon cold knives
If that glass is broken
You'll struggle to survive

Greedy hearts
And twisted minds
Put a threat on all mankind
The windows break
The doors crash down
You're left exposed
Crouched on the ground

You're scared as hell
But they don't care
They're not known
For being fair
Hide behind your trigger
That gun's your only friend
Fire a shot into your foe
Now you're one of them
-------------------
I Also Don't Want  People Stealing The Poem :PPlease XD
CallmeBambiefornowon.
Gold Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:53 pm

I think this book, because we honestly don't have many books on the server like we used to, so DIABLO please look at this.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Book Applications Empty Book Application - Alleyway

Post  Z8MB1E Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Book Title: Alleyway - By: Michael Husugo
Steam Name: Z8MB1E
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:65518725
Book Name: Alleyway
Price $5-10: 0$ (I don't plan on selling it, but if it is good enough then) - 5$
IC Book Author: Michael Husugo
Is it unique, or will it have various copies?: Unique
Type of book: Journal/Story

Your story:

Three nights ago, I was taking a walk outside my apartment. At this point in time I had never seen a headcrab, zombie, or other genetic anomaly. I don't count any Combine as a genetic anomaly, please keep this in mind as I continue my story.

While I was walking, I passed a dark alleyway. I pass it every night, so nothing unusual occurred to me, but something was different this time. A foul stench emanated from the dark; movement followed. I had just bought a flashlight around three days ago. I pulled it off my utility belt and flipped on the switch. The light hit a dark mist. I thought this was unreasonably strange. As I took a look back over my shoulder, a guttural, shaky sound bellowed from the mist. I snapped my head back to the darkness. The light from my flashlight stopped a foot away from me, it's low power not able to penetrate the mist. As I glanced around the street for a CP, there was nothing. All was quiet in the roads and buildings of the city. The vast, continuous feeling of being alone in a dark city, with creepy sounds approaching from the alley, was not a good feeling at all. I decided--reluctantly, of course-- to move into the mist. Looking back, I should never have done this.

As I continued my walk into the mist, the light from the lone streetlamp behind me vanished. This alleyway seemed to go on forever, and the feeling of descending through layers of brick, stone, and trash was ever so frightening. The guttural sound continued in the direction I walked, growing closer and closer every single step I took. As I finally lost the sense of descending, my vertigo disappearing, I found a dead end. I swore the sound was right through this wall, had I a rifle I may have been able to shoot through it. It felt weak; it was definitely not made of brick. Maybe simple cobblestone. I felt with my hands in the dark for any cracks or openings. "Curiousity killed the cat," is what I quickly learned in the next few moments.

I had no visibility whatsoever, only my senses of smell, touch, and hearing. I moved my hands away from the wall. There was nothing here, no way through, no hidden passages. I wondered why I even bothered leaving my regular routine for something as falsely frightening and intriguing as this. I turned around to make my way back, but I heard tapping on the ground, right next to my foot. I froze. Scurrying on the ground was definitely not a good sound. Suddenly, something sharp touched my toe. I booked it up the endless ramp out of there. The scurrying followed. "I swear I'm being chased by headcrabs," is what I thought in that moment. And trust me, I'm always right.

I saw the dim glow of the streetlight hovering above the sidewalk through the mist.  As I sprinted for my life, something grabbed onto my leg. The jolt was enough to make me fall and hit my head on the stone, but the adrenaline blast was enough to keep me awake. I was bleeding, and something was holding on to my leg with sharp claws. As I shook off the incoming wave of unconciousness, I got back up and continued running. A second later I heard something fall and hit the ground with a metal clank. I didn't know what it was. Multiple creatures were on their way up, following me only an inch behind. This creature, formerly on my leg, was now on my hip. It had dug its claws into my sides, making it increasingly hard to breath. I heard chittering and clicking of the creature on my back. Pain started to overcome my adrenaline, followed by a wave of sleep that I was barely able to triumph against. The light shining the streetlamp felt like it was at my fingertips, as if I could reach out and grab ahold of it. I knew I would pass out in this dark alleyway. I had no choice. I reached for the light, and my hand felt something. The cold feeling of metal. I closed my eyes. Instantly, the feeling of a creature on me was swept away, followed by the pain, sense of unconsciousness formerly tugging at my mind, and even the sounds of skittering on the floor. I opened my eyes again. I was holding onto the lamp. I glanced back and saw a normal alleyway, some trash here and there, no dark mist or never ending ramp. No sounds of a huge creature, gurgling through a perfectly crafted wall of stone, no creatures that may have followed me out. As a matter of fact, in my run, I was sure I lost my flashlight in the run, but when I felt for it, it was on my belt. I blinked my eyes, poked myself, checked in every way I knew to see if I was dreaming. I wasn't. I looked around. The streets were still deserted, a piece of paper fluttering around a door, wondering to itself whether it should go in or not. A breeze came by, cold but mildly refreshing. The paper blew inside. I sighed, started chuckling, and took my hand off the streetlamp. I walked back to my apartment, slowly and cautiously, but also strangely happy that I was alive, for something that may have never happened.

I know it did though.

As I finish up my tale, I must say that every night I walked that path, I would take a look in the alley. There was nothing there, but after my experience, I could always slightly hear a gurgle followed by skittering, but this sound would quickly fade and turn to nothing. I must also say that when I looked in the mirror in my bathroom last night, I saw 4 small circles, red and imprinted, on my side. The harder I looked at them, though, the quicker they faded, almost making it seem like they weren't even there. But they were. I knew it.

I still continue my life as I would've everyday before that night. And if you want to hear about my story even more, you can find me out on the streets, sitting next to the alley, or in my apartment, looking out the window. First floor. 2 rooms down.

I can't wait to meet you.

- Your friend, Michael

-------------------
Z8MB1E
Z8MB1E

http://precursified.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wowdah Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 am

Book Title: Loyalism: What It Is to Them - By: Margaret E. Anderson
Steam Name: Wowdah
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40811856
Book Name: Loyalism: What It Is To Them
Price $5-10: $5
IC Book Author: Margaret E. Anderson
Is it unique, or will it have various copies?: Copies
Type of book: Article

loy·al
/ˈloiəl/
Giving or showing firm and constant support or allegiance to a person or institution:
"He remained loyal to the government".

I decided to interview a few people inside City 18 about what Loyalism means to them, and several in-depth questions about their thoughts.

First off I asked a NOVA-02 unit by the UID of 22497 what Loyalism means, his answer was:

“<:: Loyalism is not only a privilege, but it is the way that all citizens should live. Living any other way than a loyalist defeats the purpose of living in the city in the first place. People who are here are privileged to be here, people who are loyalists are given even more privileges. Those who chose to oppose the Combine and the CCA as a whole have a useless battle. If at any point they do win, which I know they will not, all they will be left with is an oversized wasteland that they won't be able to control. People must understand that the Combine are helping us, not oppressing us. Those who understand this are loyalists, those who don't, will not survive."

Then I asked him if he thought loyalist privileges would exist if the resistance weren’t a problem;

"<:: Loyalists would have always existed, but the resistance choses to taint these privileges to the point where rules must be changed and we must be harsher. If there was no resistance then the Combine as a whole wouldn't need to torture and interrogate as much. It is not because we are evil, it is because the resistance is evil."

I was also able to catch a CWU member by the name of Zdorovski Molotov and ask him a few questions too.

"Loyalism? Well to me, it is a sign of trust that is offered to us between the civilians and combine to become somewhat friends.”

Upon my asking of what he thought the perfect relationship between Citizens and Combine he responded as so:

"Well... its not a relationship thats for sure... but its more of a partner thing, except with us... being treated unequally. CETA, is more or less, a perfect relationship."

In conclusion we can see that being a loyalist is not only a status but a mental state, a way of thinking. Cooperating with the CCA to correctly regulate society to serve for all.

Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down