The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
RAnt of stuff. And things. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
RAnt of stuff. And things. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
RAnt of stuff. And things. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
RAnt of stuff. And things. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
RAnt of stuff. And things. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
RAnt of stuff. And things. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
RAnt of stuff. And things. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
RAnt of stuff. And things. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
RAnt of stuff. And things. EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
RAnt of stuff. And things. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

RAnt of stuff. And things.

+4
General Bravo
Unknown
Jaquecz
Ashes
8 posters

Go down

RAnt of stuff. And things. Empty RAnt of stuff. And things.

Post  Ashes Fri May 03, 2013 11:57 pm

To start off, I do not in any way mean to target any individuals or groups of TC. I am generally ranting about the quality of the role play, and what I believe should be done about it.

P; Rebel Terrorism/Unrealism/General Complaints
A1; Character Revivals: I do not in any way support throwing out PK's with the flick of a wrist, but if this keeps happening, I don't think a PK deserves the term, 'permanent kill'. Nearly every time a rebel dies, they will make a forum post, complaining of some sort of failrp/unrealism. Rebels have to face many realities. It is pre-freeman, the rebels are the minority, they are still weak, they do not have the power to directly take on the UU. Rebels usually try to somehow survive unrealistically. They need to face that many people die in resistance movements, usually quick, non-traumatic death. PainRP is also fairly unrealistic, as are most injuries. If you get shot in the thigh. You will be limping. No questions asked, you can not regain full function of your limb. Now, we aren't talking about strong, military combat veterans either. We are talking about citizens, given some scavenged kevlar, taught how to fire a gun. Maybe they do have some training. But I seriously doubt that many of them can survive more than 2 bullets before they go into shock, roll on the ground and A. Bleed out, or B. Be killed on the spot. The rebels are also outnumbered vastly. A unit who had dedicated his life to being a machine of the UU, a vessel of destruction, could kill many more rebels than a rebel could kill units. I understand as well rebels may use guerrilla warfare. But, a unit should be able to be prepared for that.

A2; Rebel terrorists. I have seen more attacks on the pharmacy than ever, more attacks on citizen ran, citizen used, citizen dependent buildings. The citizens should and will dislike the rebels for these attacks. It doesn't show anything against the CCA. The CCA takes it as another crime on their list. Sure, maybe 1 or 2 citizens say, "Way to go rebels!" But, anyone who has ever needed a drug, anyone who has ever worked there, now has no access to them. The plaza gets blocked off, filled with CCA. Citizens would not like this. Rebels are not resisting at all, they are just spreading anarchy and death.

A3; Rebels in general. Rebels may be able to do alot, defend their slums. City 45 in canon was one of the first cities to have resistance. It was by far not large attacks. They were small, little uprisings. Not bombings and shootings and hit and runs. CCA were usually not killed. Rebels were. Citizens were for inaction.

P; CCA and it's not combiness.
A; The CCA does not understand it's power. It has the ability to make every unit a hardened arm of the UU, and destroy the rebels. The commanders need to work against the rebels, not making it fair for them. I understand their need for RP, the rebels not to be pwned. But, that is the reality of rebelRP. What it should be. It isn't moving to a free part of the city. It's hiding in fear and hoping for you and your friends lives, to escape the city, to hope something happens, to take advantage of the situation, tip it on it's edge and let it fall, not push it over yourself. The rebels would be killed, and killed often, and that may suck for the rebels, but it's how HL2 would work, it's how it did work pre-freeman. After-freeman, sure. But before, the rebels were definitely outmatched.

P; Shitizens to loyalists, by cleaning floors.
A; A citizen would not become a loyalist citizen by cleaning the streets, thats a biotics job. Sure, it may get them some points, but would the CCA really consider them to be assets to the union, the unions goals? No. They could care less about the streets. They want the rebels reported, 10-103M's eliminated, the unfit pointed out. It would be like WW2, North-Korea. If you point out a traitor, you get rewarded. You are rewarded for betraying your citizens, it's that simple. In North-Korea, in the camps, which are basically cities, members of their own family would turn each other in, and get rewarded for it. It's worth it, rather than being executed with them. The citizens in this situation wouldn't all be strong, wouldn't all be stuck together. There isn't only fearRP in being pointed with a gun, there is a lingering fear that the next move you make, you will be near a gunshot, and put against the wall and killed. Fear breaks people. Having 5 billion people on earth killed in a matter of 7 hours. That's death, that is fear. People will be broken, and their wills broken, and they will do whatever they can to climb above the rising waters, not to drown below.

Thats really all mah rant. Take it what you want. Tommorow Ftw.
Ashes
Ashes
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

RAnt of stuff. And things. Empty Re: RAnt of stuff. And things.

Post  Jaquecz Sat May 04, 2013 11:39 am

all of this is exactly what i was thinking, rebel rp is terrorist rp, and everyone complains when their webuls die. The combine aren't making it hard for the cca, but the thing is, it's all for.

"Rp purposes"

I've seen rebels take shots and pretend to not be hurt, pain rp sucks on this server, majorly. I've seen people recover from lift threatening injuries in under a DAY
Once upon a time, nick bradford got hit by a motar shell at PRETTY FUCKIN CLOSE RANGE BOI

He recovered in under an ic week, [ic week =7 hours irl] and then he had no real damage besides his face becoming really black like graphite, and a shitload of shrapenel wounds, no damage to his cock. When he recovered THERE WAS NO FUCKING SCARRING, WHAT THE FUCK.

Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Sat May 04, 2013 12:38 pm

^ Not 100% true. On Vek'Nul I have been shot just once in the torso and I totally fell over and pain RPd. And on 31834 when I was stabbed in the eye I was unable to patrol for a couple days IRL time. It generally depends on the person. If some people are choosing to not pain RP, that's their problem.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sat May 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Meleepayne wrote:
Once upon a time, nick bradford got hit by a motar shell at PRETTY FUCKIN CLOSE RANGE BOI

He recovered in under an ic week, [ic week =7 hours irl] and then he had no real damage besides his face becoming really black like graphite, and a shitload of shrapenel wounds, no damage to his cock. When he recovered THERE WAS NO FUCKING SCARRING, WHAT THE FUCK.

Well EXCUUSE me, princess, but that particular mortar was dropped directly on top of me. The distance from the sky to the C18 D6 catwalks isn't that far. If someone deliberately blew you the fuck up at close range with intent to get rid of you, would go with it 100%? Probably not. It's not like it fell a good distance and I just happened to be there. No, that shit had like a 1.5 second fall time.

If people don't painRP or do something else because the other party was engaging in horsecockRP, I wouldn't hold it against them. Taking horsecockRP as legitimate turns this into darkRP. Nobody wants that.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sat May 04, 2013 4:01 pm

and there's a little thing called bio gel. When bio gel heals wounds it doesn't leave a scar as all the cells are perfectly duplicated. It would be good as new.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Sat May 04, 2013 4:09 pm

This is why more sweeps need to happen. CCA also needs to be more organized. Tactics and communication used by the person leading the sweep can make all the difference. Use your fire power and numbers. We need to killer sweeps like we had back in C18.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sat May 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Enough with the cocks. Its annoying.

And just because one person PainRP's doesn't mean the entire server is credible.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Sat May 04, 2013 4:36 pm

RAnt of stuff. And things.
The actual rant should be about how you spelled that title.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sat May 04, 2013 10:22 pm

General Bravo wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:

Well EXCUUSE me, princess, but that particular mortar was dropped directly on top of me. The distance from the sky to the C18 D6 catwalks isn't that far. If someone deliberately blew you the fuck up at close range with intent to get rid of you, would go with it 100%? Probably not. It's not like it fell a good distance and I just happened to be there. No, that shit had like a 1.5 second fall time.

If people don't painRP or do something else because the other party was engaging in horsecockRP, I wouldn't hold it against them. Taking horsecockRP as legitimate turns this into darkRP. Nobody wants that.

In that case my example is invalid, scarring included because i didn't know bio-gel did that shit.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sat May 04, 2013 11:47 pm

Mahunik wrote:This is why more sweeps need to happen. CCA also needs to be more organized. Tactics and communication used by the person leading the sweep can make all the difference. Use your fire power and numbers. We need to killer sweeps like we had back in C18.

Yeah, well, I can lead everyone back there with maximum skill and efficiency and still accomplish nothing because the rebels not in observer or on their CCA/OTA are off in little hidey holes that any attempt to access or scan EVER will immediately result on whoever did it getting ousted for meta. As such, rebels basically never die, short of doing tactically stupid things like shooting up the plaza with absolutely no backup or plan(Nomad).
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sun May 05, 2013 1:05 am

General Bravo wrote:
Mahunik wrote:This is why more sweeps need to happen. CCA also needs to be more organized. Tactics and communication used by the person leading the sweep can make all the difference. Use your fire power and numbers. We need to killer sweeps like we had back in C18.

Yeah, well, I can lead everyone back there with maximum skill and efficiency and still accomplish nothing because the rebels not in observer or on their CCA/OTA are off in little hidey holes that any attempt to access or scan EVER will immediately result on whoever did it getting ousted for meta. As such, rebels basically never die, short of doing tactically stupid things like shooting up the plaza with absolutely no backup or plan(Nomad)

The hidey holes thing isn't really the problem, its the fact that rebels have ridiculous amounts of ammo all the time, no matter what. Rebels are supposed to be low on supplies, and are overall weak at the moment, yet they can pull off things like supressing APEX, 2 DVL's and alot of CCA. They all seem to have the ability to reload over and over again, seemingly NEVER out of ammo, let alone low on supplies like they are supposed to be.

Also, yeah, first sign of a sweep, they switch to OTA or a diffrent character, the second a sweep shows any HINT at all of starting, they switch, cause derp.

I actually suggest that once someone with the proper authority decides to do a sweep, announce it in OOC chat, and then do all the preparations n shit after. That way, nobody can pull any bullshit moves, char switch or otherwise. Second its announced, any sort of observer going into and/or charswitching will be treated as trying to avoid rp if the person is on a character affiliated with the rebels.

That and PK complaints shouldn't really exists anymore, its crap.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down