The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK

3 posters

Go down

Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK Empty Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK

Post  Jaquecz Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:41 am

Tbh, i sorta see why some people would think HL2RP, not the clockwork or gamemode, but HL2RP specifically would suck. Not the "Stupid" Rules, [Alright maybe a bit of the "Stupid" rules] but more like what they got to rp off of, like the Half-Life lore.

In my honest opinion, i don't think the lore in HL2RP is all that good for roleplaying, I've played the games over and over a few times, and it just feels like it was slapped on as an excuse to go around and kill shit. And thats really all you do in the game, run around and kill shit. I mean, c'mon, think about it, the characters aren't really "Deep". The HECU marines in HL1 were sent in to make the government not look bad, which is in at least 9000 other games. Combine are a group of Koreans that took over the U.S and are now treating them like trash in their occupation, they are being resisted by a mute main character, a man and a side kick lady who's boyfriend gets killled DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
You noticed how that shit was basically from Red Dawn/Home Front, Compare the koreans to the Combine. And the events of HL2 to the resistance thing-a-mah-jigs.

Alyx is some lady that Knows Kung-Fu and has a pistol. And her dad is morgan freeman, and he's dead, you know that shes involved with the resistance, and she cares about her dad...okay...what else? [She's also useless as a AI partner, seriously she did jack shit during my entire goddamn playthrough] [Also was influenced by Gman]

Barney is apparently some guy with over 9000 crowbars to give you every game, he helps you /me kills combine. Owes you a beer and was working as a double agent under the combine. [how cum we don't have anyone like that]

Eli is the tawp black man of the resistance, all the hoes belong to him. Grigori is a badass with a shotgun that lives in ravenholm, he also doesn't afraid of anything. Dr.Breen is supposedly gordon freemans boss, and does nothing but talk about how the combine is good for you, like your mother telling you to eat your FUCKING VEGGIES YOUNG MAN!

G-man Is sorta the only deep character in there, mysterious ass motherfucker he is, he made the nuke at black mesa explode after Shephard [Yeah its spelled Shephard] disarmed it. Totally responsible for doing some shit that resulted in the events of Hl2, only deep character in the game, did i mention he's the only deep character in the game? http://combineoverwiki.net/wiki/The_G-Man <(The information i was too lazy to type out)

Gordan freeman, Supposedly he's you, he's G-mans bitch for all eternity, mainly because Gabe Newell wont fucking hurry up with HL3, Killed countless HECU wimminz, U.S Marines, Brainwashed U.S marines and cops, possibly every single resistance member encountered if you decided to to kill them for FUCKING GETTING IN YOUR WAY! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. CONSTANTLY MOCKING YOU WITH THE LINE "Sorry Dr.Freeman let me get out of you w- *BLAM*

Really, i think the reason some people would think a HL2RP would suck to them is mainly because your rather restricted on how you want your character to be, you could try making your character a certain way, but you'd be taking a risky chance in making him that way, really, if you want to keep your character alive, you have no choice but to either be a boring loyalist, or take the extremely risky chance of going rebel, and succeeding without dying. [i cant do that because everyone thinks im a lolwebul]

Most of the shit i just spewed from my head made me realize I'm REALLY looking forward to Severance RP, You have a ASSLOAD more freedom to develop your character, i wonder when we can get some sort of ESRP [Elder Scrolls RP] or something, /end massive pointless ramble
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK Empty Re: Gigantic ramble and or rant. IDFK

Post  Jaquecz Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:00 am

I made this at 3:00 AM i think, so lol.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:38 pm

What I'm getting out of the first blocks of text is that you don't like HL much. Not gonna bother on that one. Aint nobody got time fo' dat.

As for it being restrictive, yeah, that's kind of the point. You couldn't just do whatever you wanted in Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union, and you can't do whatever you want in North Korea. You do what they tell you to do and follow their stringent restrictions or you a: die, or b: spend the rest of your miserable existence at a work camp/concentration camp/gulag. That's just how it is. The RP that comes of that is how you cope(if you can cope)and how you go about moving on. Yes, the options can basically be boiled down to join with the establishment or face a daily risk of death, but that's how things like this are. WWIIRP(if it existed outside of a single server)would be much the same.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 pm

UnitBravo342 wrote:What I'm getting out of the first blocks of text is that you don't like HL much. Not gonna bother on that one. Aint nobody got time fo' dat.

As for it being restrictive, yeah, that's kind of the point. You couldn't just do whatever you wanted in Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union, and you can't do whatever you want in North Korea. You do what they tell you to do and follow their stringent restrictions or you a: die, or b: spend the rest of your miserable existence at a work camp/concentration camp/gulag. That's just how it is. The RP that comes of that is how you cope(if you can cope)and how you go about moving on. Yes, the options can basically be boiled down to join with the establishment or face a daily risk of death, but that's how things like this are. WWIIRP(if it existed outside of a single server)would be much the same.
Actually i like HL alot, but the lore? NOPE, actually the main thing i hate is the AI
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:24 pm

I won't disagree with you there, the AIs suck dick, charging into oncoming enemy fire. One of the most surprising things about Black Mesa was "oh wow, I actually have to try against the HECU".
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:30 pm

You really should look up more things about these characters. Alyx has a huge background. Even parts that hint that she doesn't like Gordon as a LOVER. Dramma, oh snap.

Eli has been life long friends with Isaac, Isaac trained Gordon and all three became friends. They all work together and Barney was a security guard for them, and Gordon and Barney would climb through the vents in Black Mesa to reach Isaac's lab. Like a race.

After Black Mesa, no one really knew what happened other than EVERYONE OTHER THAN GORDON. So yeah, you need to look some stuff up about these things. The combine are a universal empire, there are lots of good stories explaining some Synth.

Mosman has a history with Gordon before Black Mesa. Breen knew them all before HL2.

And what about Father Grigori? (Or how ever you spell it). A monk in a town that is flooded by Head Crabs, and he is the only survivor, so you are able to see how this has taken a toll on his mind. See the true horrors and shit like that.

There is a lot of stuff to those characters that you missed.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down