The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

So why did we decide to go roll+P2L

2 posters

Go down

So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  Empty So why did we decide to go roll+P2L

Post  Jaquecz Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:02 am

Instead of just purely P2L
Or at least making it so you only roll when you are on "Even ground"
Just a question.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

So why did we decide to go roll+P2L  Empty Re: So why did we decide to go roll+P2L

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:07 am

Because not everyone plays to lose. We did purely P2L at one point and it was disastrous. Some people would P2L, others would power game because they didn't need to roll. Some didn't PainRP, some didn't FearRP, some didn't even RP.

So I made it both, so that if you make a move against someone that benefits you, but negatively affects someone else, you must roll. Really, rolling is the only way to keep things close to fair. This is because rolling doesn't judge, it doesn't cheat, it doesn't lie. Sure it may not be "correct", but hey, crazy shit happens in the real world.

All those people that barely dodged a bullet for their life, all those people that made one crazy ass ninja kick to stop a burgler, all those people who managed to disarm a robber when they didn't even have a weapon. Sometimes attributes and skill doesn't matter. Really its all about the chaos that can erupt from rolling, that turns a fight into something much larger. No one knows how it will turn out, so people must FeaRP and try to avoid confrontation with other players.

Now I understand that rolling can be frustrating, because its not always accurate. Some citizens can take on CP's in a one on one because of pure luck. How ever, the CCA can use the radio for back up. with 3 or more CP's against a single citizen they can PG all they want. But with this "pure luck" strategy, a sense of worth is put in there. Your character might, or might not be able to take on anyone in town. If they can, hey man good shot. But what are the odds it will happen again? You really just don't know. Your losing/winning streak is bound to end at some point. That brings the sense of realism in, lets look at a favorite quote of mine from fight club: "How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" I like this quote, because naturally no one can predict how well they will do in a fight without training for it first. So you might just surprise yourself out there on the battlefield. And that is what rolling brings to the table.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down