The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Daily Events EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Daily Events EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Daily Events EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Daily Events EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Daily Events EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Daily Events EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Daily Events EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Daily Events EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Daily Events EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Daily Events EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Daily Events

5 posters

Go down

Daily Events Empty Daily Events

Post  Unknown Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:11 am

I was just thinking that maybe to make things more fun, we could have "Daily Events." This would make plaza RP a lot more fun and hopefully encourage people to go to plaza and take part in these events. It doesn't really matter what the event is, but it must be in the plaza, it has to involve both citizens CCA and possibly even the rebels. This way everybody would be involved and its not just CCA go kill zombies while civis masturbate in the CAH. That is no fun if you want to have some fun RP on your CWU or loyalist/civi char. What we need to do is have everybody involved in some sort of event that involves RP. Not just, an admin spawns 50 zombies and CCA shoot at them until they are all dead, nope, not gonna happen. We need to have events that involve actual RP. I don't care what these are, they just need to be there. And the main part about this is that we should have these on a daily biases.

This would correspond with my post in the "Player Magnets" section of the forums. I have seen this before and we could do this. We could change the servers name to |The Crew|Half Life 2 Serious RP| Daily Events| And then people will join because they want to be part of our epic events.

Just tell me what you think, I feed off of feedback.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Daily Events Empty Re: Daily Events

Post  Commander America Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:15 am

I agree, but I get kidnapped daily, so it really will not affect me :/. But it would be fair and fun for more Citizen/Shitzen RP.

I +support
Commander America
Commander America
Obsidian Donator

Location : In the Rebel Alliance's bombing fleet, destroying Core Stealer's Turret factories.

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:21 am

Making events that both CCA and citizens can get involved in without one side or the other feeling like they're standing around with their thumbs up their ass waiting for the event to be done isn't the easiest of tasks. My proof? Events where that isn't the case are rare, even when the effort is made for that not to be the case. Like, I can't even remember the last time there was an event where both the CCA and citizens were equally involved(where involved means actually doing things and not watching or maybe running away).
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander America Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 am

UnitBravo342 wrote:Making events that both CCA and citizens can get involved in without one side or the other feeling like they're standing around with their thumbs up their ass waiting for the event to be done isn't the easiest of tasks. My proof? Events where that isn't the case are rare, even when the effort is made for that not to be the case. Like, I can't even remember the last time there was an event where both the CCA and citizens were equally involved(where involved means actually doing things and not watching or maybe running away).

Do you think maybe a Serial killer event or massive kidnapping might work? I agree with you that events like this are pretty hard. But there are some ideas that might just work.
Commander America
Commander America
Obsidian Donator

Location : In the Rebel Alliance's bombing fleet, destroying Core Stealer's Turret factories.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:51 am

To me, it seems very OOC that every day "something would happen". "Events" do already happen a lot because stuff happens IC'ly. That's not daily: things only happen when they make sense. Daily events feel like "Oh hey look, we haven't had an event yet.. Let's come up with something that doesn't make any IC sense".
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:53 am

If the citizens where able to make RP choices while having there thumbs up there asses then that would make it a lot more fun. And I mean, they could be able to do some stuff, but I guess not a lot. Like make a couple decisions to impact the output of the event.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:00 am

Silver wrote:To me, it seems very OOC that every day "something would happen". "Events" do already happen a lot because stuff happens IC'ly. That's not daily: things only happen when they make sense. Daily events feel like "Oh hey look, we haven't had an event yet.. Let's come up with something that doesn't make any IC sense".

The thing is that, ICly 2 seconds is=to 1 minute. Therefor 1 day IRL would be days or maybe weeks in the server. Therefor it would make somewhat sense if we had daily events. And the events don't always have to be big, they could be something small like floor gets old and collapses in the CAH, citizens go live in the train station. Or something like that. Or they could be huge, like a gunship crashes in the plaza, kills like 4 people and fucks up a bunch more, cool thing about that, is it would involve both the Helix division, higher ranking CCA to investigate why it crashed, and civis because they are the ones fucked up by the crash.

So you see, the events can be big or small depending on the server pop and recent events or if the admins are just in a mood to get a bunch of people PK'd.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:24 am

Also, if we end up doing this, I will think of ideas for some events. And then we can hopefully attract more people to the server with our amazing RP that actually involves EVERYBODY.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:56 pm

We already have plenty of events. In fact, i'm pretty sure we have events daily, people just arnt on to see them sometimes. Or they just arnt large enough to get everyone talking about it.

And Possum, try and keep your posts into as little amount of posts as you can. Just hit the edit button to add, unless someone has replied to you.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:03 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:We already have plenty of events. In fact, i'm pretty sure we have events daily, people just arnt on to see them sometimes. Or they just arnt large enough to get everyone talking about it.

And Possum, try and keep your posts into as little amount of posts as you can. Just hit the edit button to add, unless someone has replied to you.

Yes, we probably do have them daily I guess. But then is everybody involved? Or do civis just jerk off in the CAH showers while CCA are outside shooting mass hordes of zombies.

And my posts... I am unable to edit things from my IPod or else I would have done that. In the future I will try and edit my original post.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:11 pm

DarkPossum95 wrote:Or do civis just jerk off in the CAH showers while CCA are outside shooting mass hordes of zombies.
Why is that a bad thing? You can have some awesome FearRP with a couple of civvies during a situation like this (remember a situation like this a while ago and the rp in the apartments was pretty cool). Civvies joining in doing things like shooting would just be out of place and weird.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:37 am

Silver wrote:
DarkPossum95 wrote:Or do civis just jerk off in the CAH showers while CCA are outside shooting mass hordes of zombies.
Why is that a bad thing? You can have some awesome FearRP with a couple of civvies during a situation like this (remember a situation like this a while ago and the rp in the apartments was pretty cool). Civvies joining in doing things like shooting would just be out of place and weird.

I never intended civis to be involved in that sort of way. I just mean, possibly there actions could in some way impact the overall outcome of the event.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down