The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion

+2
General Bravo
That Generous Fish
6 posters

Go down

Am i rite?

Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion Vote_b2050%Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion Vote_b19 50% 
[ 3 ]
Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion Vote_b2050%Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion Vote_b19 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion Empty Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion

Post  That Generous Fish Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:10 am

Well.. I've been thinking of a reason that Coldshot/Abyss and people did so much drama.

-Drama gives you attention.
-Attention make's you a member people see in their heads when they think of "The Crew"
-And being remembered... Yeah...

I looked at the usergroup "Respected" in the forums cause i was bored. This is what i see:

Respected
GROUP INFORMATION

Group name:
Respected
Group description:
The people who have stuck around long enough to gain respect from The Crew themselfs.
Group membership:
This is a closed group: no more users accepted
PRIVATE MESSAGE USERNAME POSTS LOCATION E-MAIL WEBSITE SELECT
Group Moderator
DIABLO258 268 Minnesota
Group Members
Celtics 11 My Mom's Basement
✚Spade✚ 35 City 18

What i want to show you here is the "Group description"
This is what it says:

Group description:
The people who have stuck around long enough to gain respect from The Crew themselfs.

"Stuck around long enough"

Now... I saw coldshot on it that day... And i was wondering why Diablo lied here.
This is not meant to be words of greed but...
I've been here since DA.. Coldshot = SoTA..

And after the "Off community" fight between Cherry and Coldshot... She got OP..

This is what i wanna say "Drama somehow get's you into the ranks"

Now please try not to make this a flame war or something... But i'll take critic.
That Generous Fish
That Generous Fish

Back to top Go down

Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion Empty Re: Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion

Post  General Bravo Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:29 pm

I suppose this is as good a time to discuss this as any. I've seen a couple fights happen since The Crew was put together. In a lot of those, I've seen little more than people making noise in an attempt to gain support. Well, personally, here's how I think fights like these should be handled. If you have a problem with someone, I really don't care. Have it out over steam chat all you want. If it interrupts RP or breaks out on the forum, it gets dealt with on the spot by an admin, preferably one who isn't involved in the conflict. The public fights that have occurred probably aren't all that helpful for TC's image.
Tl;dr if you have a problem with someone else that you feel like fighting over, keep it to yourselves.
/rant

Now as far as the idea that drama gives you attention goes, yeah, it does. But you'll likely make an ass of yourself in the process. I'll admit I haven't exactly paid close attention to who's gotten what usergroup for what reason(s), but I'm willing to doubt that causing drama will garner anyone's respect.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion Empty Re: Reason for community drama: Found. - Respected Group Discussion

Post  Mahunik Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:43 pm

I just ignore their crap. Drama is something you should deal with in real life not on a computer. When people come bitching to me on steam I simply just don't answer.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:54 pm

To explain the Respected Groups description, I made that group waaay back when I created the forums, which was a few months ago. It was one of those things I just didnt remember to change I suppose. How about this:

This topic is now changed to what we want the group "Respected" to mean.
I want all of you to come up with what you think it is, and post them here. Which ever one fits best, is the one we choose.

I love being generous with TC Very Happy
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:10 pm

I feel it should mean people who have been with TC for a while and have earned the respect of most of the playerbase. Not quite enough for OP, but enough to deserve some level of recognition.
Though I feel like that's the original intent of the title.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:20 pm

It shouldn't be just a thing of time.
People shouldn't be able to sit back and do nothing for the community for however long, and gain respected.
It's for the people who strive to make this a better place, and are proud to show it. They like the sound of their own voice and are all over the forum.
And in somehow, someway, dey made someone elses day better by posting a reply, making an RP idea, or just...sayin stoof. So...ye. Ru gonna be that guy sitting there sleeping with flys in his mouth while the umbrella incorporation plans everything, or are you gonna get up, sharpen your umbrella, and take a stab at britain.
idk. up2u.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm

I feel that it should come down to a vote from the staff or something. For example: Someone who has been in TC for over the course of a month and has the backup of an operator or higher and has been good to the communtiy shall recieve the title of respected.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Everyone is respected in this community.. This title was only in place at first for people who donated.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Actualy, my original thought of respected was people who followed from SoTA. But then I realised at the time it was EVERYONE. So I changed it to people who had been with us enough to gain respect from Me and some others.

Obviously that isnt working either, so im willing to change it.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:13 pm

I think it wood be a simple way of getting respected- donate. or code. something extra that you didn't have to do. probably just donating.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:04 pm

But then that might cause the implication that people have to pay for respect. If it's for donors, why not just title them "Donor?"
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:09 pm

No. Everyone is "respected" they just get a different color name when they donate. sounds stupid. ye. ohwell.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Well, if everyone is respected, what purpose would having a respected usergroup serve? Donors can just be labeled as such.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down