The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Event competition ideas EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Event competition ideas EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Event competition ideas EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Event competition ideas EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Event competition ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Event competition ideas EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Event competition ideas EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Event competition ideas EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Event competition ideas EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Event competition ideas EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Event competition ideas

+2
Moose_hater
DIABLO258
6 posters

Go down

Event competition ideas Empty Event competition ideas

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Well, my idea was generally liked. If you haven't seen the post that I made,
here is the link.

But there is a small problem. Creating competitions like this with teams, and also retaining the aspect of RP is very difficult. Let me give you an example. For the past few days I have been non-stop contemplating ideas on how to keep RP and War in the same game, without the ideas killing each other. One idea was survival. Place a few survivors on an island and who ever survives the longest wins. Well, the thing is if you eat food and drink properly, death is not a problem. So I added in the idea of zombie survival. Say that I can get a day and night time deal working, so when night comes along Zombies will attack each team. But then I realised this would require weapons, weapons that could be used to kill the other team. Whats stopping you from just walking over and shooting the other team? Well then melee weapons came in. Melee weapons would work in RP, but fighting NPC's would be rather hard. Not to mention surviving the Zombie onslaught. By the end of it all, the two teams arnt really surviving. They are choosing which weapons to use and what to kill.

So, survival aside, I had more ideas. One was story based. We take 2 or 3 Characters and place them in a map. This map contains other players that are Actors/Actress's. They all follow a story and all want something different, and the only way for the Characters to escape and succeed is to do what these Actors say, but soon the Actors want the Characters to turn on other Actors. Which ever Actor's story prevails will determine the ending to the Characters story. But then I realized this isnt a challenge or a competition, its a story. (Something I could do later on maybe)

Then I moved onto a team death match style with a twist. Teams can very, but for an example we will use Rebels and CCA. The event would be the CCA in Nexus, and Rebels in D6. The Rebels carry two VIP's. They are to protect the VIP's with their lives. But remember, they are still only human and can buckle under pressure (depending on the character playing). The CCA are to go in and DETAIN both VIP's, and to attempt to Detain the remaining Rebels. Its a Team Deathmatch/objective. But then RP was quickly removed because during large Firefights people do not have time to type /me.

So then I got the idea of an Xcom type event. If anyone has played Xcom, its a turn based strategy game. So if we implement that into an Event in someway, the RP of fighting is solved. When the two teams meet, they will enter into Action. But then I thought who would control which players move? Who would go first? Everything else quickly got screwed up. So I went into it further by saying one of the team members is chosen to be the squad leader. They will have a radio that has contact with all of their team. They will get Observer aswell. When combat is initiated, they are allowed to move to a sky view, and when it is there turn, the squad leader will place their team members in certain areas, tell them to fight certain people, but this quickly killed the Character's personality's. They werent getting the choice's I wanted them to get like they did in something as Sandboxy as survival.

I dont know. Maybe I am thinking to big, but I need something small. An Idea for an event that can grow. Something that exells in all areas. RP, fighting, Character choices, and survival. I am asking for a tad of help. Suggest some ideas for me, and I will take them and try to expand them into the tools I can use to create large scale events.

And just so everyone is aware, the events I want to do will be long. So when they take place, the people that sign up may need to have some free time of playing.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Event competition ideas Empty Re: Event competition ideas

Post  Moose_hater Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:02 am

Lol holy shit diablo your imagination mang, I don't even know, what you said about the x:com thing with observer that sounds AMAZING and everything sounds amazing it's just so amazing ERMAHGERD SWAQ OVERLOAD: MALFUNCTION ERROR #568
GIVE IT TO ME NOW.+++
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:58 am

Spank you. Spank you very much.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:37 am

One word

Hunger games match
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:52 am

We could just have some epic Half Life death match and everybody just shoots the crap out of each other BUT with actually some RP involved so that shit can go down but without shit going down.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Hungergamesmatch you say?
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:56 pm

That sounds interesting. Like, have a cornucopia type thing full of weps and stuff at the beginning and people have to try to grab stuff and GTFO or risk getting bogged down in fights to the death. Essentially HL2RP Hunger Games. Would be interesting to say the least.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:03 pm

4 teams of 2. They all have to run and grab guns WITH the other teams and run away as fast as they can. Then they are stuck in an open map to hunt down the other remaining teams, RPing searching and hiding.

Could be good.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Phenix_360 Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Ok Here me out. Now I was thinking and maybe we could do something like there is one team of 2 or 4 where they are running from the CCA and they have to get from a set point from A to B but there are different routs you could take. The CCA have to Coordinate to find the people on the run And the people running have to get to the other side with a package if the person with the package is caught the game ends.(Just made this up now) what do you think?
Phenix_360
Phenix_360

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Phenix_360 wrote:Ok Here me out. Now I was thinking and maybe we could do something like there is one team of 2 or 4 where they are running from the CCA and they have to get from a set point from A to B but there are different routs you could take. The CCA have to Coordinate to find the people on the run And the people running have to get to the other side with a package if the person with the package is caught the game ends.(Just made this up now) what do you think?

+Support
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down