The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
New Event! EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
New Event! EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
New Event! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
New Event! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
New Event! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
New Event! EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
New Event! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
New Event! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
New Event! EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
New Event! EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

New Event!

+6
Jaquecz
Dimond_miner56
Chris10023
Precinct Helghast
Moose_hater
DIABLO258
10 posters

Go down

New Event! Empty New Event!

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:55 pm

First, let me say that this just came to me and I have put some thought into it. I have an entire story driven out and I want to share it with you before anything else.
May I remind you that this takes place BEFORE Half-Life 2.

Story
---
It has been a full year since the residents of City 18 left for City 45. A full year has gone by, why did we leave you ask? Well, there was a problem in the air. A bio-chemical filled with deadly nerotoxins was released into into the City's atmosphere after the Meteor had been left unattended. These gasses once breathed by any living thing would get into the bodies nervous system, soon shutting down all vital organs and killing it. Forcing the UU to make the decision to leave City 18, in hopes that the gasses will expire, or just disperse in a rate that the amount you would breathe in would be less lethal. So, they left. For one year.

During that year, vegetation has grown. Bodies of those who did not reach the train's on time are left in the streets. And many combine locks and doors have deactivated over time. But as a coincidence, a refugee found his way into City 18. His name is Isaac kleiner. Previously located in City 20 (a neiboring city to C18), he was told he should leave in an attempt to reach City 17 to find Eli Vance. Upon his journey, City 20 was liberated by the Resistance that once was. When Isaac arrived in City 18 only days after the residents left, City 20 was destroyed by the UU. Causing him to lose contact with his only navigator. He has since built himself a shack inside City 18, a small laboratory equipped with security systems and a locking mechanism to keep the bad guys out. Isaac has lived in the ghost of City 18 for a full year and has finally found a signal to another group of resistance, located in City 45.

A few ragtag rebels from City 45 are on an evac mission to get Issac out of City 18, and onto the train tracks that will lead him to City 17. Why does he need your help? Well when City 20 fell, prisoners were interrogated. One of them knew of Issac's mission, and told them everything in hopes for survival. The CCA are en-route to City 18 to find Isaac and capture him, dead or alive. He has heard of this news over CCA radio broadcasts and is not trained in combat. It is the few Rebels job to keep Isaac safe as they bring him to the train station. During this time, the CCA arrive.
----

Questions that may be raised by reading this:

Q: How did Isaac survive the deadly gasses?
A: his lab has an oxygen filtering system, capable of removing harmful gasses that are naturally put out there, or are put out by the CCA.

Q: Isaac has a shotgun in HL2, why cant he use that?
A: He had it for self defense. This is a different scenario, in his elderly age, fighting in a firefight is very dangerous and he would prove to be no help.

Q: How did the rebels from C45 make it to C18?
A: On foot. The outlands. A long walk, but as I said, C45 is a neighboring city to C18. Just like C20. It can be done.

------

Now this is where the players come in. This event will not be open to all, rather it will only take 10 people. 6 CCA Units, 3 Rebels, and 1 refugee. That's right. Someone is going to play as Dr. Kleiner in this event.

But I want to remind all of you, this is before the events in Half-Life 2. No one knows where Freeman is or if he is alive. No one knows what Black Mesa is or what it had to do with the Combine, and no one knows who Isaac is other than that he is an important asset to the resistance. Now let me get to the Faction Bio's so whom ever gets to be apart of this event knows what to RP like.

Rebels:
You have been asked by your resistance leader to travel a long journey to City 18. The reason for this is an important Refugee that cannot be taken by the CCA is currently lost in City 18. If he is captured, all hope is lost. It is your job to go in, find him, and get him out safely.

CCA:
You have been assigned the task to lead a search party in what was once your home district. Because you are so familiar with this turf, you 6 in particular have been chosen. The refugee you are to search for is named Isaac Kleiner. Slightly bald, white jacket, and glasses. Other information is unknown. Nexus facilities are currently offline within City 18, so we are sending in an ammunition's crate with you.

Kleiner:
You are lost. You have been lost and afraid for the past year. You have not stepped foot outside of your shack since you built it, and now you know the Combine are coming to get you. You radio'd for evacuation to an unknown voice who claims to be located in City 45.
Two days have passed, the Combine ships approach, and so do rebel footsteps.

---

Rules!
I want to cover a few ground rules first. I will be watching over head the entire event, and seeing as there are less people compared to the last event, I will be watching nearly everything you do. If I see anything considered to be FailRP, I will make you re-do it. If I see S2K, I will make you re-do it. If I see anything going for Meta, you will be banned from the server and disqualified for the next event.

1.) OOC chat, and PM's are not allowed. Anything that can resort to Meta is not allowed. If caught doing this, you will be removed from the Event and disqualified from the next.

2.) You must RP. I do not want to see any traveling like in basket ball. Every few steps I want to see a /me or /it. Both teams on this.

3.) PK's can happen! If killed by another player from the opposite team, your player will be removed from both servers! Death is real here!

4.) All battles will be delt with in RP. Rolling is a must. I will watch and make sure everything goes smoothly.

5.) Looking at 4, S2K is not allowed.

6.) FearRP! Death is real here! You are scared, even the CCA are slightly nervous!

7.) Any kind of cheating will get you banned and disqualified from the next event.

8.) Take your time. This event is in no rush, please RP to your fullest and make it an amazing experience for the others who are able to enjoy it with you.

---

I know the PK might raise a few eyebrows, but let me go over this with you. This event is not much of an "event" like I mentioned before. This is no competition, this is a real IC event that does affect the other server. Both teams can be killed off. And seeing as the Rebels are incredibly out numbered, you can see why PK's are on. This is not meant to be action packed. The Rebels are meant to run, hide, and flee from the CCA while they search for you. Areas will be blocked off unlike the original City 18. So be ready.

And the main reason I want this event is so we can tie our self's into the story of HL2. The rebels that save Kleiner are the reason HL2 event happened. Now is your chance to take a stand and be a real hero. Remember, what happens here will affect the other server. Kleiner escaping will make the UU mad. It will make the Rebels happy

---

If this mission is failed, IE Kleiner dies, the event is over and the all rebels who took part in the event are returned to the original server, including CCA. If Kleiner dies and someone was PK prior to this, their PK is removed and are allowed to RP with that character again.

If all Rebels die, Kleiner still has a chance to escape to the train station. If he makes it, PK's remain. Gifts for the winning team are distributed by the Faction leaders for a successful mission.

If all CCA die, the rebels still must get Kleiner to the train station. NPC's may be roaming about...
---

More details to come later on!
Applications will not be taken until another post is made saying other wise!

Leave feedback!
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Event! Empty Re: New Event!

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:50 pm

PS. There is no date set. There is still a lot to be planned, if you have questions please ask here.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Lol, this is some pretty intense stuff, I guess I'll use Austin, even though he'll probably die. Anything 4 events mang.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

New Event! Empty Da doc.

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:17 pm

I'd LOL and prob. smash my face into my desk If I got Isaac. I have high doubts that I will though.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Will this be recorded since it's a smaller event?
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Yes. I will be recording and commentating the event so all can see.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimond_miner56 Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:21 am

This sounds awesome! Finally my Oh Four can get some recognition!
Dimond_miner56
Dimond_miner56

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:57 am

I like how this never happened. When exactly does shit happen? When everyone stops worrying about getting pk'd. AKA NEVER
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander America Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:06 am

Super America

APPROVES
Commander America
Commander America
Obsidian Donator

Location : In the Rebel Alliance's bombing fleet, destroying Core Stealer's Turret factories.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Lets remove the PK or make every1 do eet so it happens alot faster, say instead of pking the rebels got incapacitated for a short while before recovering [they had drugz and biogel on dem] And then we could have another "Rescue mission" Event. Its harder to go rebel instead of CCA, [my opinion still stands that SOME rebels will let others be rebel with OOC circumstances, i dun wanna argue over my opinion btw so thx]
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

New Event! Empty Been a while

Post  Corestealer Fri May 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Soooooo.... Its been more than a month now and this event still hasn't happened and no updates on it. What is going on?
Corestealer
Corestealer
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri May 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Yeah, this event sounds like a good idea. But we need to actually do it in order for it to be fun. Looking at the layout is not as fun as actually playing it.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cergis Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 pm

When will this happen? I mean really. When?
Cergis
Cergis

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sat May 18, 2013 11:20 am

It kinda went down hill when the City 18 map couldnt be edited by Hammer without a 24-30 hour compressing time. So I had to try and edit the map entirely by Gmod props, which lagged it up.

Currently I need to figure out how to give C18 that old abandoned feeling.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Corestealer Sat May 18, 2013 11:31 am

DIABLO258 wrote:It kinda went down hill when the City 18 map couldnt be edited by Hammer without a 24-30 hour compressing time. So I had to try and edit the map entirely by Gmod props, which lagged it up.

Currently I need to figure out how to give C18 that old abandoned feeling.

Ok I was just wondering why it was taking so long, couldn't you contact the maker of the map to make it so it could be edited by hammer?
Corestealer
Corestealer
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sat May 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Well a lot of other shit came into play as well. Its kinda just been put aside until I can figure out most important things. I want to do this Event, but for the time being its going to need to wait.

Like all of my ideas, I throw them out there as soon as I think of them. It can be awhile before ideas become reality, because no one plans for things to blow up in their face.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Corestealer Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Well this won't be happening for a while since we are back in C18 and the gas is gone
Corestealer
Corestealer
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down