The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Idea I had last night EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Idea I had last night EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Idea I had last night EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Idea I had last night EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Idea I had last night EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Idea I had last night EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Idea I had last night EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Idea I had last night EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Idea I had last night EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Idea I had last night EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Idea I had last night

+5
Moose_hater
Chris10023
CallChaos
Gremnkai
DIABLO258
9 posters

Go down

Idea I had last night Empty Idea I had last night

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:50 pm

I had an idea, and it may be far fetched, but I think it has potential. So let me start out by reminding players of their characters. Their characters they've come to know and love, and have developed a story and personality for them. Think of that character for a moment.

Now, to my idea. My idea branched off of the Event we just had. I thought, why not have events like that every week or two. These events are applied for for participation. In the application you are to chose any character you own, and that is the one you will play as during the event. Now the event itself isnt going to be cannon, nor will it be connected to City18's story. This means that anything that happens during the event is completely forgotten when returned to the original server. But the event's wont be things like transferring from city to city, or meteors falling from the sky, or exogen outbreaks. They will be competitions. In Character competitions on the second server. Mainly things like "who can survive the longest" on an island. Or, a few CCA are sent in to a dangerous district, while the Rebels are down there preparing for an attack. Last team standing wins.

But the catch is that these are all IC. You play as that character, you RP as that character, and you bring that character to that situation. So if you are playing as your rebel per say, and this character is put on a team with 2 CCA's. The two CCA will be-friend the rebel, and vice versa. But they will retain the same personality as in HL2RP. Do you see where I am going?

But lets get down to the real idea here. The real main focus is to have events like this set up for players from TC to use their characters in scenarios they have always wanted too. What would my character do in a zombie apacolypse? What would they do if they were stranded on an island? What would they do if they had to plant a bomb inside of Nexus without getting caught? Well this could be your chance to find out. A consequence free, IC competition. These types of ideas could be brought to the second server as an Event server. Anything that happens there will not be counted for in the original server, so death is not a problem. You just lost the competition. Lets pit two characters against each other, and see what they are made of. Who is the better RP'er? Who's character can survive the longest?

And to make sure there is no cheating, the server gets a password and I personally will watch and FILM the events. I will watch all the battles and make sure there is no FailRP or Meta gaming. And the filming could later be uploaded to the forums for other players to watch. So maybe something crazy happens like 3 characters get into a fight, something you'de want to talk about or brag about to people OOCly, well then you could just go watch the video of it.

Its just an idea. But the idea is totally possible.

Last edited by DIABLO258 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Idea I had last night Empty Re: Idea I had last night

Post  Gremnkai Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Wow this is actually a really good idea. This allows people to really show what they are made of (Not on the actually on the server but you know what I mean) +Support
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  CallChaos Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Hmmm this sounds like a great idea I would definitely love to try this out Very Happy

+Support
CallChaos
CallChaos

Location : Aboard The Tyrant. An Eclipse class super star destroyer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:51 pm

Love the Idea

+Support
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:53 am

Uh.. I'm ok... with this idea, but I feel as if most of them will just be PK fests.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:38 am

ME GUSTA +

Sounds kind of like lost. Or survivior island.
Take your chars and randomly pit them wherever with no risk to the player back in normal land. Kind of like game show.
Should do this with TV shows.
Just plop rick grimes in the middle of star wars.
Throw darth vader in georgia with the zombeh group.
Would be interesting
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Yeah, Moosehater, its not PK's because the event server does not affect the original. If you die during an event, you get banned from the event server until the next event, and are free to rejoin the original HL2RP server and continue playing from exactly where you left off.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Dis is good, can we have prizes on main server like loyalist/AC points or something

Spoiler:
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:22 pm

That was a part of the idea, but prizes can go to far if not used properly, so that would need some work
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Could get rather interesting. Having people like, I don't know, Core DvL and Erica Wittmann, who've tried to kill each other, forced into a situation where they'll have to rely on each other to survive. Should make for some interesting developments in the scenarios. And having something where it's the CCA working to survive would be an interesting change of pace.

All of the want.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phenix_360 Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Wow i really like this idea. I'm Curious to see were this goes if you go through with it.
Phenix_360
Phenix_360

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Ok, I'm a idiot, this sound amazing but i don't think it should be every week because then I feel as they will do ceremonies less. The last time we had ceremonies was three weeks ago. I finished my quota two weeks ago. Anyways this idea sounds amazing either way and I want it. Even if it does delay ceremonies. That would be cool for the rebels prizes like a box of ammo or if its a tournament a gun or something. This could have some HUGE potential.
SUPPORT+
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down