The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Rp restart - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Rp restart - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Rp restart - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Rp restart - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Rp restart - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Rp restart - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Rp restart - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Rp restart - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Rp restart - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Rp restart - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Rp restart

+12
Burnt Leaf
Noobstrike
Jman
Unknown
Silver
Precinct Helghast
General Bravo
Jaquecz
Archimedes
Masey
Gremnkai
DIABLO258
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rp restart - Page 2 Empty Re: Rp restart

Post  Gremnkai Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:08 am

This just seems like it would push people away. Character's development and personality are the only reasons why some people get on. Without those they will be pushed away to not come back as they don't have enough motivation to develop a new character as the old ones are gone.. All of their hard work gone. We can start a new database as Diablo said just to test out the idea if needed.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Gremnkai wrote:This just seems like it would push people away. Character's development and personality are the only reasons why some people get on. Without those they will be pushed away to not come back as they don't have enough motivation to develop a new character as the old ones are gone.

I'm going to disagree with you here, the only reason anyone gets on is for the rp. You can have the deepest development and awesomest character with that unique and realistic personality, but if you have nobody to rp with, seeing as all the good stuff is always in the slums, then that doesn't mean jack.
I don't think someone would just leave because their character is dead, people who leave. Leave for reasons that are bigger than just that, and if they did leave for that, then oh well, i hope they find somewhere else where they can be happy or something cool. With a server restart you could create characters that are better, you guys have had experience spanning across 3 diffrent communites, if you restart then the characters you might make then could be a million times better than what you have now.
The tradeoff of putting a hold on the old rp for the new possibly much better rp would be worth it.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:34 pm

My only question is, and I'm sure that other people are questioning, :

"Who'll be the Sector/Administrator when we move to a new city!? Will it be immediate, or will it be based on how roleplay goes-down, holmes?
I mean, we can't just wait 5 months for someone to rank up to an EpU to gain that rank, right?
It'll probably HAVE to be SAs, right?"

It's hard to say, from my point of view. It'll have to be admins who volunteer, right? I mean, some people are chanting "power to the users!" on this thread, but the cycle will only repeat when we elect administrators to these main positions.

I just don't understand this, for some weird, weird reason.

Community vote, or SAs? I don't know, mang...

I am switching my decision back to neutral.

Last edited by Masey on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Meleepayne wrote:
G/Briefcase Guy wrote:No god, please no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ~The Office
In other news shit I don't care about.

But here have a real response.

Just no

Nothing will change, it will only get worse. People will become greedy and selfish because theirs no high ranks in the CCA it's like this : First one to the top wins!
And just because you want sum dat old nostalgia Is kinda like being layed off.

okai, sooooooooooooooo.................errrrrrrrrrrr Wtf is this even supposed to be.
All im intepreting is, i dont want 2 do dis becausec fuck it, and all the admins will lose their super chars.

Melee i'm going to have to ask you to use proper grammar on the forums.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Masey wrote:My only question is, and I'm sure that other people are questioning, :

"Who'll be the Sector/Administrator when we move to a new city!? Will it be immediate, or will it be based on how roleplay goes-down, holmes?
I mean, we can't just wait 5 months for someone to rank up to an EpU to gain that rank, right?

It's hard to say, from my point of view. It'll have to be admins who volunteer, right? I mean, some people are chanting "power to the users!" on this thread, but the cycle will only repeat when we elect administrators to these main positions.

I will state that even if we were to have a vote, more often than not, admins or operators would be put in those high ranking positions simply because, for the most part, the staff is more adept and experienced with RPing properly, especially since it's part of the job. The biggest shakeup that's realistically probable is one of the purple named folks getting voted a higher up position in the new order.

NOTE: This does not mean that I am calling the regular users shitty RPers so don't come flaming me thinking that's what I'm saying, Melee. I'm just saying it's not likely that regular users will make it to higher up positions in a vote due the reasoning I made above.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Masey wrote:My only question is, and I'm sure that other people are questioning, :

I already asked the same question and spoke with diablo. The highest four positions (Admin/SeC/APEX/CmD) are belonging to the same people. This isnt a chance for some random person to go get HC. noe. dont work like dat. They will not be the same units (00707, 08292 *or whatever bravos is* APEX etc.) but they will be the same ranks, run by the same users. Why? Because of experience. We know what wer doin. We have to watch over ALL OF THE CCA ALL THE TIME if this restart takes place, to prevent OOC fights and IC problems when your all fighting for GHOST DvL or OfC or whatevea the shennanigins are these days.

And no. You dont need admin to have a high position. What usually happens is you get to the high position, and can only do that through good rp, so you usually wind up earning admin along with it. Thats what happend to me anyway. I was Helix DvL and cherry said I was a great rper and doing a great job with the stuff DvL's had to keep up with, so he made me his admin.

Works the opposite way you all think it does.

Edit--

Maybe it would be a good idea to select DvLs too. Once high commands established everyone else can be led and work from there. We have to start organized. Not a whord of 06's being promoted by a nothing. Or keep the old ones. except helix. No helix dvl still.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:56 pm

I am just going to have to say, I feel this is very biased in some cases. I am sticking to my gut, what I feel is right. I am going to have to piggy back with Bravo and what he has said, I think it is very true so here is what I have to say.
First of all, if things are getting out of hand, what do you do, restart the entire thing and hope that shit gets better? No that is like saying, hey there is a problem with my computer, I am going to restart it and hope it fixes. Now that is true it might fix it. It MIGHT fix it, but most likely the problem will still persist. If you want to fix something with organization, you organize it, you arrange it you enforce it. If you want stories to carry out and people to get off of their factions and stop worrying so much about who gets a gun first, you enforce that. What is staff? These problems will still be here when we restart I guarantee it. Yeah it might be all fine and dandy at first, but the situation will crawl out again. We just need to cut all of the OOC, enforce that, people act OOC you tell them to stop, they don't stop, you ask them maybe again, if they still don't stop, you kick them. That is how people learn, from their mistakes, it will bring back orginization, people will think, oh I better stay OOC cause Johnny boy just got kicked earlier for it. Then IC will return meaning stories will return. If you don't want people on CCA, what is the ratio? Enforce enforce enforce, fix it. Get the people to roll OOC for flagging down or something. If they do not flag, kick them. Make them think. That way people will not always be on CCA all the time.

That brings up the point of development in characters. It does exist, there are people that know how to develop a character and I feel that this restart effects them the most. I know this how? Who is Nick Bradford? Go read his backstory, you don't call that development? Who is Jenny Lanes? A really deep and developed character in TC that I myself play, to me she is the worst thing to lose, not because of her position, but because I am not satisfied that her story just cuts out here. I want her to die at some point. Who is Erica Wittmann? Who is Phantom? WHo is Stinger? Who is Kalvion? Who is Lucy? Who is Rose? Who is Frank? (even though he is dead) WHo is Jack Bazid? I know for a fact, Mbazid (IRL friend) has developed the fuck out of that character and poured his time into him just because he wants to see what happens next in his story, he has made it really far. People need to see this, learn from this, develop characters like these, not worry about powerups and guns and shit like that, development is key. People who make characters and wait on them when asked to flag down doing nothing at all when they could and just wait to flag up again are the people I am talking about. That is NOT development. Even a conversation with somebody can carry far in development, making IC friends etc is very fun. That is the kind of thing I did, and I still had a load of fun.

CCA RP is a different kind of rp, the development is different. As you rank up all of the experiences you have, the reports you put in and develop and stuff are the development. Sure you can make a nice story for them to start with but there really is minimal you can do unless you passive rp a lot which you don't get a lot of time to do. Example: My helix 02, through each brainwash he lost memories of his past slowly but the side effect was, some of his present memory was scrambled as well and he was having flashbacks and such that he could not explain of certain faces of people. You have to choose what you do but I mean for the CCA, the "development" is limited and unique. it is an isolated kind of development.

It is just like the people who have characters that are pretty much finished or have no story really left or no story/development at all agree with this because they have nothing to lose and that is why it is very biased (I will not name names.)
I know what Diablo is saying, when I clear a game I love to restart it and delete my character and try a new approach maybe look for new things etc. But that is replay value, something that TC already has, replay value through development, once your character reaches his/her climax and is finished you look back and think, wow what a ride, what a story, I want another like that and that is when you make a new character to develop.

So this: I have not heard one "I don't want to give up my citizen, I took so many hours with passive rp to develop him". Is completely untrue.

To me it feels as if I am half way through the game all sucked into the story excited to play and then I get home, start up the game and my save is deleted. It is that kind of depression.

Why not continue with SOTA's and DA's Legacy and morph it into our own, there is still a lot of rp to be doing, we just need to enforce it and get back on track. It is TC's story now, SOTA and DA will always be in the past, but being based off of that is something truly amazing. On that note I say:

-Support
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:05 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:I am just going to have to say, I feel this is very biased in some cases. I am sticking to my gut, what I feel is right. I am going to have to piggy back with Bravo and what he has said, I think it is very true so here is what I have to say.
First of all, if things are getting out of hand, what do you do, restart the entire thing and hope that shit gets better? No that is like saying, hey there is a problem with my computer, I am going to restart it and hope it fixes. Now that is true it might fix it. It MIGHT fix it, but most likely the problem will still persist. If you want to fix something with organization, you organize it, you arrange it you enforce it. If you want stories to carry out and people to get off of their factions and stop worrying so much about who gets a gun first, you enforce that. What is staff? These problems will still be here when we restart I guarantee it. Yeah it might be all fine and dandy at first, but the situation will crawl out again. We just need to cut all of the OOC, enforce that, people act OOC you tell them to stop, they don't stop, you ask them maybe again, if they still don't stop, you kick them. That is how people learn, from their mistakes, it will bring back orginization, people will think, oh I better stay OOC cause Johnny boy just got kicked earlier for it. Then IC will return meaning stories will return. If you don't want people on CCA, what is the ratio? Enforce enforce enforce, fix it. Get the people to roll OOC for flagging down or something. If they do not flag, kick them. Make them think. That way people will not always be on CCA all the time.

That brings up the point of development in characters. It does exist, there are people that know how to develop a character and I feel that this restart effects them the most. I know this how? Who is Nick Bradford? Go read his backstory, you don't call that development? Who is Jenny Lanes? A really deep and developed character in TC that I myself play, to me she is the worst thing to lose, not because of her position, but because I am not satisfied that her story just cuts out here. I want her to die at some point. Who is Erica Wittmann? Who is Phantom? WHo is Stinger? Who is Kalvion? Who is Lucy? Who is Rose? Who is Frank? (even though he is dead) WHo is Jack Bazid? I know for a fact, Mbazid (IRL friend) has developed the fuck out of that character and poured his time into him just because he wants to see what happens next in his story, he has made it really far. People need to see this, learn from this, develop characters like these, not worry about powerups and guns and shit like that, development is key. People who make characters and wait on them when asked to flag down doing nothing at all when they could and just wait to flag up again are the people I am talking about. That is NOT development. Even a conversation with somebody can carry far in development, making IC friends etc is very fun. That is the kind of thing I did, and I still had a load of fun.

CCA RP is a different kind of rp, the development is different. As you rank up all of the experiences you have, the reports you put in and develop and stuff are the development. Sure you can make a nice story for them to start with but there really is minimal you can do unless you passive rp a lot which you don't get a lot of time to do. Example: My helix 02, through each brainwash he lost memories of his past slowly but the side effect was, some of his present memory was scrambled as well and he was having flashbacks and such that he could not explain of certain faces of people. You have to choose what you do but I mean for the CCA, the "development" is limited and unique. it is an isolated kind of development.

It is just like the people who have characters that are pretty much finished or have no story really left or no story/development at all agree with this because they have nothing to lose and that is why it is very biased (I will not name names.)
I know what Diablo is saying, when I clear a game I love to restart it and delete my character and try a new approach maybe look for new things etc. But that is replay value, something that TC already has, replay value through development, once your character reaches his/her climax and is finished you look back and think, wow what a ride, what a story, I want another like that and that is when you make a new character to develop.

So this: I have not heard one "I don't want to give up my citizen, I took so many hours with passive rp to develop him". Is completely untrue.

To me it feels as if I am half way through the game all sucked into the story excited to play and then I get home, start up the game and my save is deleted. It is that kind of depression.

Why not continue with SOTA's and DA's Legacy and morph it into our own, there is still a lot of rp to be doing, we just need to enforce it and get back on track. It is TC's story now, SOTA and DA will always be in the past, but being based off of that is something truly amazing. On that note I say:

-Support

I have shifted to -support of this idea.
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Its a thought...
Question is, who will be removed? Shall Phantom, X-Ray, and all the rogues be removed and started anew?Shall the Resistance TECHNICALLY not exist? If so, I agree.
The only trouble is that I believe there needs to be an application for RESPECTED members of the community and higher to write out an application for the high ranking jobs such as SeC, Administrator, if required a Resistance Leader, you get the idea.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Corestealer Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Burnt Leaf wrote:Its a thought...
Question is, who will be removed? Shall Phantom, X-Ray, and all the rogues be removed and started anew?Shall the Resistance TECHNICALLY not exist? If so, I agree.
The only trouble is that I believe there needs to be an application for RESPECTED members of the community and higher to write out an application for the high ranking jobs such as SeC, Administrator, if required a Resistance Leader, you get the idea.

No, it will basically be the same "Universe" as the one we use (C11 is abandoned etc.) So it will be just another city in our HL2 universe execept new characters.
Corestealer
Corestealer
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:08 pm

-support

People have worked soooo hard for their characters. For one, I have a GHOST CCA unit, I do not think I could get that again because I worked so hard on him for many weeks. Everyone has a character they want to finish their story and that they have worked so hard on.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:16 pm

Everyone gets removed. Completely new everything.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Shifting to -support as of now/yesterdayish.

Reading hollers post gave me new ideas and thoughts, and a want to continue.
Relising people like masey who have a ghost EPU (thats big) would have to start all over because some of us are bored, seems wrong.
And a little bit of passive rp on a citizen character and being a little creative, all flipped my view a bit. I say we continue. People will not change, even if all of our chars do.
We just have to rack our minds a bit, write things down, be organized.
People love a thrill, they like being scared in RP. I haven't been scared in awhile.
People forgot the power of passive, and all the emotional stuff.

And citizens/rebels don't even RP people anymore. Just drones looking for more guns and ammo, and people to use it on. Forgot about talking, emotions, backstorys, family, etc. They dont talk, or drink, or have fun anymore, never have I seen someone try to incorporate music or reading into RP. Or even entertainment.

Or keeping up with eating realistically.

We just need to try harder me thinks.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Seeing as we're not going to go through with the restart, if we're going to stay, at least enforce staying IC Like holler said.
So, are we actually going to enforce it for real?

Because i haven't really seen any sort of following through with that statementEspecially when OOC shit is going on with some people.
Certain people that apparently get special treatment and are allowed to fuck around despite actually breaking rules and by definition, are mingebags seem to roam free.

Last edited by Meleepayne on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Noobstrike wrote:Shifting to -support as of now/yesterdayish.

Reading hollers post gave me new ideas and thoughts, and a want to continue.
Relising people like masey who have a ghost EPU (thats big) would have to start all over because some of us are bored, seems wrong.
And a little bit of passive rp on a citizen character and being a little creative, all flipped my view a bit. I say we continue. People will not change, even if all of our chars do.
People love a thrill, they like being scared in RP. I haven't been scared in awhile.

And citizens/rebels don't even RP people anymore. Just drones looking for more guns and ammo, and people to use it on. Forgot about talking, emotions, backstorys, family, etc. They dont talk, or drink, or have fun anymore, never have I seen someone try to incorporate music or reading into RP. Or even entertainment.

We just need to try harder me thinks.
My EpU can't do emotion because all he cares about really is Rose so currently his emotions and his brainwashing are fighting.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Meleepayne wrote:Seeing as we're not going to go through with the restart, if we're going to stay, at least enforce staying IC Like holler said.
So, are we actually going to enforce it for real?

Because i haven't really seen any sort of following through with that statementEspecially when OOC shit is going on with some people.
Certain people that apparently get special treatment and are allowed to fuck around despite actually breaking rules and by definition, is a mingebag.

Of course it will, it is just a slow start, we are getting the server back in order now, I have started enforcing rules, you will see a lot of it from me. 
Another thing, there will be no more of this ammo giving and such, even for the admins (atleast me) Once you run out of your ammo you run out, fear needs to be an aspect that returns in rp, especialy in the slums. That way its the choice once again of, do I really want the freedom but dangers of the slums? or the Suffering and dictatorship of the CCA but safety? What I was seeing before was, safety here? or safety and weapons there? The slums is going to become a much dangerous place now, be prepared. Weapons will not come easily for anybody any more just like before. And as long as atleast some admins follow through with this (I know for sure I am) others will follow.

Like Noobstrike said; 

Noobstrike

[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:09 pm

[unneeded stuff removed] ~Melee/JAq

Last edited by Meleepayne on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:17 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:
Another thing, there will be no more of this ammo giving and such, even for the admins (atleast me) Once you run out of your ammo you run out, fear needs to be an aspect that returns in rp, especialy in the slums. That way its the choice once again of, do I really want the freedom but dangers of the slums? or the Suffering and dictatorship of the CCA but safety? What I was seeing before was, safety here? or safety and weapons there? The slums is going to become a much dangerous place now, be prepared. Weapons will not come easily for anybody any more just like before. And as long as atleast some admins follow through with this (I know for sure I am) others will follow.

Yeah true, but i seriously doubt that all the admins will actually follow the "Don't spawn ammo fo yourself" Rule. 
Unless its STRICTLY enforced. VERY STRICTLY.
imo to spawn ammo i think someone would need to put in some sort of extra flag which allows you to spawn ammo, diablo could maybe use this as a "Trusted" sorta thing. Only people who can spawn that ammo would be people diablo trusts to not abuse it for inf ammo

That and i hope we can go and remove the vendors that are in the CCA armory, They are pretty much the same as having inf ammo, and weapons. It also defeats the purpose of doing shipments. Unless we dropped that shit.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Meleepayne wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:

Yeah true, but i seriously doubt that all the admins will actually follow the "Don't spawn ammo fo yourself" Rule. 
imo to spawn ammo i think someone would need to put in some sort of extra flag which allows you to spawn ammo, diablo could maybe use this as a "Trusted" sorta thing. Only people who can spawn that ammo would be people diablo trusts to not abuse it for inf ammo

That and i hope we can go and remove the vendors that are in the CCA armory, They are pretty much the same as having inf ammo, and weapons. It also defeats the purpose of doing shipments. Unless we dropped that shit.
Well the CCA are suppposed to feel safe, minimum fear, they have the higher ground more shit, more technology, more people etc. They have every right with the cannon as well to have infinite ammo.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Melee you are one of the people with infinite ammo on their unit ><
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:26 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:

Well the CCA are suppposed to feel safe, minimum fear, they have the higher ground more shit, more technology, more people etc. They have every right with the cannon as well to have infinite ammo.
They may have infinite shit, but they don't have a bottomless storage pit in the nexus armory, there's alot of dat shit. But they still need to have it delivered to them, they CAN run out of supplies if their supply lines are cut off or if the supplies on said supply lines end up getting "Misplaced" Which was sorta the point of the shipment idea. 

Shipment = supplies for cca and supplies that rebels can steal so they don't starve and have medical supplies n shit.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:00 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:First of all, if things are getting out of hand, what do you do, restart the entire thing and hope that shit gets better? No that is like saying, hey there is a problem with my computer, I am going to restart it and hope it fixes. Now that is true it might fix it. It MIGHT fix it, but most likely the problem will still persist. 

The thing is, with a computer restart, all the data is still there, all your programs are installed. If it is a critical error with the computer or how it operates as a whole it wont be fixed by a restart.

BUT, the rp reset isn't like a computer restart, more like a re-format. EVERYTHING is wiped clean with no trace of the old system. There is no problems and things can be molded into working better. Eventually, no matter how many anti-viruses and security measures you put on your computer, it will be past the point of no return. Leaving the only thing left to do is to reformat.

We are at that point. Rp has become to much about cops and robbers with people just worried about their rank and position in the factions with citizens nearly thrown by the wayside. 

HL2RP should be based around the citizens with Resistance and CCA as tools to enhance citrizen rp. Even when your playing as characters in a faction your rank doesn't matter. An 06 rping is VERY different then an 05 rping. IF ANYONE can explain to me why I would be very impressed.

HOWEVER, even if you can explain to me why, the fact is that no one holds those values true.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Archimedes wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:First of all, if things are getting out of hand, what do you do, restart the entire thing and hope that shit gets better? No that is like saying, hey there is a problem with my computer, I am going to restart it and hope it fixes. Now that is true it might fix it. It MIGHT fix it, but most likely the problem will still persist. 

The thing is, with a computer restart, all the data is still there, all your programs are installed. If it is a critical error with the computer or how it operates as a whole it wont be fixed by a restart.

BUT, the rp reset isn't like a computer restart, more like a re-format. EVERYTHING is wiped clean with no trace of the old system. There is no problems and things can be molded into working better. Eventually, no matter how many anti-viruses and security measures you put on your computer, it will be past the point of no return. Leaving the only thing left to do is to reformat.

We are at that point. Rp has become to much about cops and robbers with people just worried about their rank and position in the factions with citizens nearly thrown by the wayside. 

HL2RP should be based around the citizens with Resistance and CCA as tools to enhance citrizen rp. Even when your playing as characters in a faction your rank doesn't matter. An 06 rping is VERY different then an 05 rping. IF ANYONE can explain to me why I would be very impressed.

HOWEVER, even if you can explain to me why, the fact is that no one holds those values true.

The only problem with what you are saying with the cops and robbers theory/thing is. Why is that happening? RP doesn't just lose it's touch for no reason. It has become that way because of the factors I have listed. 

Also with the reformatting, though it does fix the problems, they can come back just as easily overtime as they did before you reformatted, it's all about care to making you computer last long, sometimes you never need to reformat for the longest of time. Perhaps the computer comparison was not the right one to make but on the note of characters. It is not that I or anybody with a developed character is upset they are losing them for their position, it is like reading a book, and then when you are all attached to it and keep wanting to read it about half way through it gets shut by somebody and put away on the shelf that you cant reach.

On top of that, reformatting is not something you do right away, It is not a very big problem, we know how to fix it, we should attempt to fix it which are trying to do. You still keep your things and files and everything if you back the right things up when reformatting, or atleast you should definitely keep your important things, I.E; Story, development, characters, the important things. all of the factors I have said are the viruses we need to remove.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:15 pm

I can grantee that there is a large number of people that will be very unhappy with the restart. We are a community, either everybody agrees for we don't do it. I am sure lots of people will leave and possibly not come back if there favorite characters are physically erased from existence. I am sure that the people in Metro RP probably wont be coming back if the only reason they actually came back here just vanishes. This means overall we will loose more than we gain from this.

I am a huge as fuck -SUPPORT
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:41 pm

This idea always comes to me but just thinking about all the hours i've spent developing characters such as my CCA and resistance it's kinda hard to decide. For now we should switch maps to C18v2 and continue our stories. Unlike C45 there is a lot more direct fights with CCA. Sweeps are also much harder to avoid. But not only that the server will  have a population growth.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum