The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Rp restart EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Rp restart EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Rp restart EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Rp restart EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Rp restart EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Rp restart EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Rp restart EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Rp restart EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Rp restart EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Rp restart EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Rp restart

+12
Burnt Leaf
Noobstrike
Jman
Unknown
Silver
Precinct Helghast
General Bravo
Jaquecz
Archimedes
Masey
Gremnkai
DIABLO258
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rp restart Empty Rp restart

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:42 am

Archi and I got talking, and once again the RP restart topic came up.
For anyone who doesn't know, RP restart is completely removing all characters are stories and starting from absolute zero.

For most people, they think the story they have now is the only one that makes sense. The best they can do. The best it will ever be. Well let me tell you that restarting, with the same amount of knowledge you left off with will only allow you to push the new character to your current max that you couldn't reach with the older character.

I do it every time I play a game. Once I finish, I remove the old character and start over. It creates more memories, allows for more options (because you know what happens when you do this, so now you can do it again and do it even better now that you know what to do). Plus, lots of Administrators own High Ranking and special characters. Restarting means we all start over. Our High Ranking Characters such as CMD+ get reset. Chose new leaders if you want, but no matter what, that character has a new identity and everything.

Yet, we can do this two ways. We can restart completely. As in, remove MySQL and create a new one.
Or we can create a new data base, and switch maps, keeping the old Data base so we can go back to our old city with our old characters at anytime.

Just an idea.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rp restart Empty Re: Rp restart

Post  Gremnkai Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:47 am

I don't know if this is a good idea right now.... Resetting at all seems.... Bad.... I just don't think its a good idea..
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:50 am

No, no no no no no no.

This may sound a bit selfish, but I have worked too hard for where my GHOST EpU currently is. I don't see him just... 'disappearing' in the future.

Sure, his story could be erased, but the character itself? Just no, man.
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:51 am

I don't think that this is a good Idea, maybe if everybody is satistfied with rp, but I mean, if you want new rp, make a new character, whats the point in removing all of the story and development that people do not want to really lose?

Its a bad idea to me.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:03 am

Ok listen up. I'm getting very sentimental with this story so read the whole thing.

Today, 6/11/2013 at about midnight i logged onto TC for the first time in a while. I've been busy with many things that are unimportant. When i first started to walk around i was hit with a freight train of nostalgia and flashbacks.

Last year around this time I had just finished up a session of Dark RP and head of a serious rp environment in the same community. I logged in to find a server full of 4 other people, no CCA. I learned the ropes from a fellow rper and began to passive rp... for hours... and hours ... and hours. I was on that server for a week before i saw a CCA unit. But even before then I passive rped about hearing the terrifying shuffle of a units work pants with my friend. It felt so good just to walk the empty streets of city 8 alone only seeing a few faces around.

I was on that server for 2 weeks and never once tried to join the resistance, CCA, or CWU. I was having to much fun as just a citizen. They were probably the best two weeks or rp I ever played.

I finally decided to go on the forum and see how to apply for CCA and CWU. I had spent nearly 2-3 days worth of playtime on the server and wanted to try and apply so that there would be a CCA unit on more then the once a week one unit decided to go on. A CCA character required 1 week of being a forum member as well as a staff recommendation. I had neither and had never even seen a staff member.

Now i either made the worst or best decision of my RP career at this point. I decided to leave so I could experiment with other roles of characters on a server where I would be able to do that. So off to Dead Anarchy I went and the rest is history.

Guys, I want to go back to how RP should be. Everyone's gotten way to power and faction hungry. I can guarantee you this RP reset will be the best thing you have ever done on TC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If your still not convinced, here is another angle.

If you have ever seen any anime besides Bleach or Naruto you know why this is good. Anime's are really kickass and awesome and it sucks to see them end. But the fact that they end makes them really good. If any good anime series drags on for to long it becomes boring and stale. A big part to what makes a story good is the ending.

One of TC's stories is coming to a close, but a new one is on the horizon. One with a new city, new people... a new reality.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:07 am

I vote yes
Partly on going all the way [no not like that you fucking pervert] and mostly on the one with the new data.

With our new knowledge, we can go ahead and create rp that could both be better and advance faster than before, its like you having that level 100 dude on that one rpg game save that you struggled with but then you have this lvl 20 dude on the other rpg game save that you managed to get up thar in just 2 hours because of your swaqqy knowledge.

Also a restart would be refreshing and would allow a new clean start. n shit.
Instead of just rushing to the combine sexy land/rebel drugz n shit den, with sexy shit. We can stick in teh plaza and haz teh rp going on. for example

Ben has a friend that he was best buds with, but his best friend, johnny [why johnny? because fuck you thats why] is more to the CCA, seeing them as a shining example of swaq, while Ben sees them as total dicks. So they end up being on opposite sides, would they be able to shoot each other, knowing that if they do, they would no longer be able to fondle each others cocks again ?

Or liek, fondle her tits and her fondling his balls, or something.

Anyway, we can stay in the plaza longer, further ic'ly strengthening that characters resolve to fuck the combine up, always enduring the harsh beatings and sometimes suprise buttsecks by that one horny 05 in the alleyway. [totally not me] Gathering your friends in some sort of stupid young rebellion, that totally gets fucked up, resulting in you and your surviving friends hiding from the combine in the damp sewers and shit of city23/city17 industrial, drinking booze to forget that one time you saw some dudes weird boner being shot up by a cca's pistol, or that blown open ribcage. or some shit. Which then you become a total hard ass and lead a proper resistance.

OR

Your a loyal citizen who believes that with the combine removing the middle class-poor-and rich class and instead rewarding those who come to understand and support their cause is the right way to bring peace to humanity, effectively dulling the sharp blade of humanity's stupidity. [or something, god i watch too much anime] and choose to join them, you end up going down into the darker more dirty part of the combine job, the harsh and brutal treatment of the blue clad citizens. Beaten and abused, you may decide to drown out the guilt and or decide to deny it, emotional, confused, other shit, idfk, your just fucked up, you may decide to proceed up the ranks of the cca and let that brainwashing strenghthen your loyalty to the cca, or you may drop out and decide to find a way to atone for sins.

TL;DR
Restarting RP will result in better and more fun and addictive roleplay that what we have now, and keeping the current mysql and keeping our previous data will let us have the choice of reverting back to our previous state of rp should we decide to do that.

[Edit]
I'm going to add in my opinion and say that with the current rp as it is, its derpy.

Ratio or not, based on past experiences i really think that plaza rp wont even be good, at all, rp will be limited to the slermz and cca circlejerks, we've implemented ratio's before, but admins and SA's have failed to actually do those ratios.
And archi's right, our current rp seems like a stale drawn out anime, i've only been here for 5 months but seriously, most of the citizens that are on are like those pointless filler characters that you don't give a flying fuck about while all the good entertaining shit/Good rpers that you would actually enjoy roleplaying with, is all out of your reach, in the slermz, or in the tv show sense, the next fucking two months.

A new start would maybe allow us to create a diffrent way of how shit works, cca could overall be more harsh, we could make shit work differently, and if we really dont want it in the end, we just revert back to that old save where we pretty much have everything.

IMO The current progress is that one skyrim save where you've already have done everything, closed off possibilities and your so strong that you OHK everything.

Last edited by Meleepayne on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:12 am

Creating a new story, only for it to be introduced into the same exact story the previous character just got out of? You cant create new stories if only one aspect changes.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:15 am

Imagine this : we switch maps to a newer, fresher one. We develop the lives of the people of that said map, like... for example, we all start fresh characters on C23, or C17Industrial.

Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:16 am

HollerHavoc wrote:I don't think that this is a good Idea, maybe if everybody is satisfied with rp, but I mean, if you want new rp, make a new character, whats the point in removing all of the story and development that people do not want to really lose?

Its a bad idea to me.

The reason why, you can't just create a new character is because the city and stories that have developed have gotten out of hand. All factions are not doing there jobs. The citizens are all rebels or loyalist (almost no middle ground), the rebels are WAY over powered, the CCA is to focused on promotions and not actually doing their jobs, the loyalists think they are gods.

Maybe I'm just chasing the glory days that can never be recreated, but guys people are becoming way to attached to their characters.

Masey wrote:No, no no no no no no.

This may sound a bit selfish, but I have worked too hard for where my GHOST EpU currently is. I don't see him just... 'disappearing' in the future.

Sure, his story could be erased, but the character itself? Just no, man.

This quote proves my point. When you first join a clockwork server for the first time you have to answer a survey. One o the questions is what is the point of RP. The wrong answer is to level up and collect all of the faction (or something). The point is everyone has this mindset. "I don't want to lose my rebel/CCA it took so long to get this far."

I have not heard one "I don't want to give up my citizen, I took so many hours with passive rp to develop him". And you know, I don't think I haven't heard this because no one care about their citizens, it's because they realize that sometime characters' story's ending is a good thing.

People are to focused on gaining ranks and factions and not about actual rp anymore. And part of it is the administrations fault for asspulling weapons and not sticking to strict hl2rp. A reset can help fix all of this and bring a much more immersive and fun rp experience.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:16 am

DIABLO258 wrote:Creating a new story, only for it to be introduced into the same exact story the previous character just got out of? You cant create new stories if only one aspect changes.

I'm not too sure by what you mean, the "Same story"
its a different character with different settings, you could string that new story in any way possible.

And if we do all decide to just go ahead and re-create our characters for whatever reason, then we might as well try to re-do it so its alot more entertaining.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:18 am

How about this, We keep our existing story, so that we have something to fall back on when we start to miss it, because you know, story in the existing rp is still theoretically unfinished and can be always drawn out. But I say, we go to a new map, and basically pause our existing rp on C45 until we miss our old characters and rp and want to go back to them.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:22 am

Archimedes wrote:
I have not heard one "I don't want to give up my citizen, I took so many hours with passive rp to develop him". And you know, I don't think I haven't heard this because no one care about their citizens, it's because they realize that sometime characters' story's ending is a good thing.

People are to focused on gaining ranks and factions and not about actual rp anymore. And part of it is the administrations fault for asspulling weapons and not sticking to strict hl2rp. A reset can help fix all of this and bring a much more immersive and fun rp experience.

Well Actually that is exactly the case for me. When I first started tc, I started Jenny Lanes, My first ever character. I have put so much time into her story, development, life, emotions, personality etc. I always remember those epic passive rp moments with her. I get that people are consumed with their rank and faction etc... but I do believe you are right, people need to develop their characters and worry about that, not their level and attributes and equipment.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 am

HollerHavoc wrote:How about this, We keep our existing story, so that we have something to fall back on when we start to miss it, because you know, story in the existing rp is still theoretically unfinished and can be always drawn out. But I say, we go to a new map, and basically pause our existing rp on C45 until we miss our old characters and rp and want to go back to them.

ALL OF MY YES
This is EXACTLY What i was going for!
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:41 am

Will we get to still keep our whitelists? If so, I will favor this topic fully.

EDIT : YES! I support this topic FULLY if we can fall back on the old data if we are to switch maps back to C45!

Last edited by Masey on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:44 am

READ THE FUCKING POST YOU GUYS
HE SAID THAT WE CAN KEEP THE DATA JUST IN CASE YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO IT.

Or we can create a new data base, and switch maps, keeping the old Data base so we can go back to our old city with our old characters at anytime.~Diablo quote.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:02 am

I am planting my feet in the mud and -supporting. I'm not saying some of the problems mentioned aren't there. I'm just saying having everyone just discard their characters, some of which have a LOT of development, in the hopes that it will fix anything is not worth it.

Citizen RP will remain an issue. There will ALWAYS be new people trying to lolwebul. Always. There will be a few who kiss enough ass with Civil Protection to grind their way to loyalist status. I highly doubt we will ever be able to return to the citizenRP of the past, where citizens were just citizens and not highly partisan like they are now, with or without this "reset". And while yes, the gamemode does say it's not about leveling up and whatnot, there's only so much character development to be had from a brainwashed CP. That, and people will always want more power, to wield more fear, and have bigger guns with which to pewpew the local troublemakers.

I know what the old form of RP was like. My longer running characters ran into a lot of twists and turns to get where they are. A lot of spontaneity was involved, something else I think we've lost.

Tl;dr people don't change. Reset the way things are and you'll find everyone drifting back towards where they were to begin with.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:57 am

General Bravo wrote:I am planting my feet in the mud and -supporting. I'm not saying some of the problems mentioned aren't there. I'm just saying having everyone just discard their characters, some of which have a LOT of development, in the hopes that it will fix anything is not worth it.

Citizen RP will remain an issue. There will ALWAYS be new people trying to lolwebul. Always. There will be a few who kiss enough ass with Civil Protection to grind their way to loyalist status. I highly doubt we will ever be able to return to the citizenRP of the past, where citizens were just citizens and not highly partisan like they are now, with or without this "reset". And while yes, the gamemode does say it's not about leveling up and whatnot, there's only so much character development to be had from a brainwashed CP. That, and people will always want more power, to wield more fear, and have bigger guns with which to pewpew the local troublemakers.

I know what the old form of RP was like. My longer running characters ran into a lot of twists and turns to get where they are. A lot of spontaneity was involved, something else I think we've lost.

Tl;dr people don't change. Reset the way things are and you'll find everyone drifting back towards where they were to begin with.

With a rp restart, we could change up the rules a bit so that the only problem will be the unfixable lolwebul, like removing parts of loyalist things so that the only actual incentives to go loyalists are IC, like your citizen being guranteed safety, and they wouldn't be given effin guns. That and making it harder to actually become a loyalist, cleaning shouldn't = loyalist points, at all. 0 points, its an expected duty for citizens to clean up their shit. for one possible change.

1:56 am derp.

And for the citizens actually being citizens, who's fault is that? TC's fault, they made it so citizens were able to be all "Partisan" as you say stick to canon and the citizens will actually be citizens

For example, we should be more like this [taken from combine overwiki]

The penalty for Citizens who choose to disobey the Combine (or are simply in the wrong place at the wrong time) is summary execution, forced conscription into the Overwatch or Stalker transformation, conducted at Nova Prospekt
[of course this may be too much, but instead we should be a fuck-ton harsher, mainly painful beatings n shit, torture even for the smallest things.]

Citizens are granted the minimum of what they need to survive, such as a standardized diet and home

Also, loyalists aren't even needed in the first place, the reason to become a loyalist is simply to what, be protected or some stupid shit? really, combine metropolice have better meals than citizens, citizens only have breenwater and rations, which is an incentive to become a metropolice officer, and they can protect themselves LOL. they also beat and arrest at their own discretion, doing this wont even get citizens to run off to the fucking resistance, because they would know trying to might get them killed, and then they would be to scared to try, because they don't want to die. So, they go with the better and more survivable option, as they say "if you cant beat em, join em"

If we can we should make it so that you only get some brainwashing at 03, half brainwashed at 02, and fully brainwashed by 01, that way at ranks 06-03 you actually have the choice to be able to rp, as a CCA unit, you wouldn't be stuck to being an emotionless unit who's only apparent fucking purpose in having is to
rank up and get upgraded privlidges n shit "develop".

This is RP, applies to CCA units too, CCA units are people, they have emotions n feelings and conciousness n shit. RP like it, fuck.

There likely wont be anything able to be done about faggets wanting to have promoshunz for betta gunz, but if cca rp wasn't apparently limited to "Heartless shithead who's only purpose is to rank up and get better gunz to kill shit with" because of the apparent brainwashing rules.

Now, im tired, and slightly angry, because fuck, idfk, i need a booze.

But im not trying to disrespect TC in anyway or hate on it, if i really did hate TC in the first place, i wouldn't fucking be here, i'd likely be on some other server instead. So stahp pointing the fucking [jaq hates TC] finger at me.

[pointless edit]
This has to be the most words i've ever put in multiple forum posts, i think i actually care about a restart.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:50 am

No god, please no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ~The Office
In other news shit I don't care about.

But here have a real response.

Just no

Nothing will change, it will only get worse. People will become greedy and selfish because theirs no high ranks in the CCA it's like this : First one to the top wins.

EDIT : But I'd also like to tell about the $130 dollars, if this goes through with no chars saved, It'd be like telling me my money isn't worth anything I'm not trying to be greedy or selfish I'm just saying that's ALOT of cash.

Last edited by G/Briefcase Guy on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Rp restart Empty TC: The next generation

Post  Silver Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 am

It's a risky move. Population has been low lately, been getting a lot better last week though. If we do a restart, either people will leave, or people will get motivated to come back.

Basically, if we do this right, it could be great. But if we do this wrong, we could screw up a lot of things.

Then, how do we do this right? These are some things I think we'd need.

TC: The next generation

So what's the concept exactly?

• It's like a spin-off of our current RP. Same canon, same universe, different main characters.
  • The RP is on another map than C45. Our old characters are still IC'ly in C45. C45 did not get destroyed.
  • We RP new characters in this new city. The Combine has decided to start using a new city/reinstate an old city. Civilians from all over the world are relocated to the new city, and they all have a clean record.
  • The city starts out with civilians. There would also be a high ranking CCA assigned to building a strong CCA presence in the new city. Also, an administrator.
  • As I said before, our old characters are still alive in C45. They can make cameo appearances. For example, a high ranking CCA from C45 could come to the new city for an inspection. They, however, do not live in the new city. They do not "stick around".
  • Lambda operates everywhere. Right now, the slums "split" TC in half. New players can't get in, and rebels often stick to their slums, afraid of a PK. On the new map, we could try to mix both factions. The rebels wouldn't be as strong as they are in C45, they are more like, an underground organisation. They have secret meetings and know hidden passageways. The faction would consist of a network of civilians that trust each other. It would be hard to earn their trust, because they are afraid to be found out by the CCA. The old Lambda rebels could supply this underground Lambda. They can have a hidden base, but not a whole dedicated area. There would be no need for sweeps. Rebels get amped if they are not careful enough and are found out doing something illegal.
  • Open up a bigger part of the map. Like, in C18, we could open up a part of the slums. The CCA still patrols this area, but less. It's an actual "slums". It's the bad part of town: it's less safe and there's less surveillance. This would allow for an underground Lambda to form.
  • More interesting characters. Interesting characters spice up RP. Think characters like this: the administrator's assistant, a Combine assassin, a civilian doctor, a Combine spy trying to infiltrate the underground Lambda.
  • An existing CCA high command of C45 could be tasked with creating the CCA of the new city.
  • Characters that have a link to our old characters. For example, the brother/sister of an old character. Just so we can keep the lineage alive, while we RP different characters.
  • Less focus on ranking up. More focus on RP. The CCA shouldn't be about a quota and reports, it should be about higher ranks seeing you have potential and recommending you. Might be better not to start off with all 06's. Rank shouldn't be a representation of your experience imo, it should be a representation of your actual effectiveness.

Just throwing this out there. I'm still not sure if a restart is the right move right now. I think C23 looks pretty good, but C18_v2 might be better, since it's fairly popular and could attract more new players.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:55 am

G/Briefcase Guy wrote:No god, please no, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ~The Office
In other news shit I don't care about.

But here have a real response.

Just no

Nothing will change, it will only get worse. People will become greedy and selfish because theirs no high ranks in the CCA it's like this : First one to the top wins!
And just because you want sum dat old nostalgia Is kinda like being layed off.

okai, sooooooooooooooo.................errrrrrrrrrrr Wtf is this even supposed to be.
All im intepreting is, i dont want 2 do dis becausec fuck it, and all the admins will lose their super chars.

Last edited by Meleepayne on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:14 am

No, I just don't really want to have to restart all my shit and stuff. The idea of changing maps but keeping our chars on this map would be a good idea, we could try that. But just like... Erasing them from existence? So much work has been put into a lot of my chars and other peoples as well. I just don't think this is a good idea.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rp restart Empty I am conflicted.

Post  Jman Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:34 am

I am conflicted. As much I want the server to just say "Fuck all" and have all of my memories pipped in the bum, so I could perhaps once again get back in the game, there's also the matter of, well, all of my memories being pipped in the bum. Let's look at the pros and cons, I guess, even though somebody most likely did this seventeen times already.

Pros:

Less Administrators at high ranks. Now I don't have any problem with the Administrators being a high rank, but to my knowledge, and I may be wrong here, but every high rank possible is attained by at least an Admin/Operator. Just sends out a message of, "You have to be an admin to be important!!!", and while I hope this isn't the truth, there's always people that think it is. Like I said, I don't play on HL2RP, so I wouldn't know.

Newer Players actually getting a chance to do something. With the slate clean, the so-called Resistance could be formed in this area by whoever it wishes. It could have the old family mentality that the older one had, the new militaristic quality the new one has, have D-Cup girls with AR2s like this one has, or have people struggle for 9 months to get in like the old one had.

A way to revamp things without a clusterfuck. How many times has TC tried to revamp the way things work, whether it be in the City, or the MPF. If it were a simple name change, we have so many units that we'd need to wait for each and every one to get on for their name change. Now, since nobody will exist on this server, there wouldn't be CHANGING, there'd be CREATING.

An Opportunity for a new storyline. If you were from DA, you'd understand, Cherry's all but gone, so the story is dead, in my opinion. We could start up a new one on this new server!

Cons:

Competition. People would be OOCly and ICly sabotaging eachother to attain high ranks in the MPF... and while I just LOVE this, Diablo probably doesn't, so it's a big no-no.

Old Storyline gone. M-Muh Dead Anarchy ;-;

Going in dry. Things would happen far too quickly, I presume.
Jman
Jman

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 am

Silver wrote:It's a risky move. Population has been low lately, been getting a lot better last week though. If we do a restart, either people will leave, or people will get motivated to come back.

Basically, if we do this right, it could be great. But if we do this wrong, we could screw up a lot of things.

• It's like a spin-off of our current RP. Same canon, same universe, different main characters.
  • The RP is on another map than C45. Our old characters are still IC'ly in C45. C45 did not get destroyed.
  • We RP new characters in this new city. The Combine has decided to start using a new city/reinstate an old city. Civilians from all over the world are relocated to the new city, and they all have a clean record.
  • The city starts out with civilians. There would also be a high ranking CCA assigned to building a strong CCA presence in the new city. Also, an administrator.
  • As I said before, our old characters are still alive in C45. They can make cameo appearances. For example, a high ranking CCA from C45 could come to the new city for an inspection. They, however, do not live in the new city. They do not "stick around".
  • Lambda operates everywhere. Right now, the slums "split" TC in half. New players can't get in, and rebels often stick to their slums, afraid of a PK. On the new map, we could try to mix both factions. The rebels wouldn't be as strong as they are in C45, they are more like, an underground organisation. They have secret meetings and know hidden passageways. The faction would consist of a network of civilians that trust each other. It would be hard to earn their trust, because they are afraid to be found out by the CCA. The old Lambda rebels could supply this underground Lambda. They can have a hidden base, but not a whole dedicated area. There would be no need for sweeps. Rebels get amped if they are not careful enough and are found out doing something illegal.
  • Open up a bigger part of the map. Like, in C18, we could open up a part of the slums. The CCA still patrols this area, but less. It's an actual "slums". It's the bad part of town: it's less safe and there's less surveillance. This would allow for an underground Lambda to form.
  • More interesting characters. Interesting characters spice up RP. Think characters like this: the administrator's assistant, a Combine assassin, a civilian doctor, a Combine spy trying to infiltrate the underground Lambda.
  • An existing CCA high command of C45 could be tasked with creating the CCA of the new city.
  • Characters that have a link to our old characters. For example, the brother/sister of an old character. Just so we can keep the lineage alive, while we RP different characters.
  • Less focus on ranking up. More focus on RP. The CCA shouldn't be about a quota and reports, it should be about higher ranks seeing you have potential and recommending you. Might be better not to start off with all 06's. Rank shouldn't be a representation of your experience imo, it should be a representation of your actual effectiveness.

Just throwing this out there. I'm still not sure if a restart is the right move right now. I think C23 looks pretty good, but C18_v2 might be better, since it's fairly popular and could attract more new players.

This is what I was going for and why im pushing city 8. City 8 has no slums, so their would be no split. The underground area can be left to only high ranking anti citizens, but normal rebels and all operations take place in the city. CCA should be cut down and made very difficult where there is no quota or anything. Ranking up in the CCA should be nearly impossible. The focus should be on citizen rp and not CCA and rebel actions. CCA and the rebels should be there to enhance citizens rp not create their own that everyone wants to be apart of.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:50 am

Competition. People would be OOCly and ICly sabotaging eachother to attain high ranks in the MPF... and while I just LOVE this, Diablo probably doesn't, so it's a big no-no.

Competition is good. Fight to get the best character you want, so when your character becomes a legend you know you earned it. When that character dies, it hits some feels because you fought hard.

OOC fighting is a no, though.

I just want to point out, this is a chance for us to re-write all of our old issues. Anything we didn't like about our old stories that we couldn't remove without huge plot holes can now be re-imaged.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:01 am

Silver wrote:It's a risky move. Population has been low lately, been getting a lot better last week though. If we do a restart, either people will leave, or people will get motivated to come back.

All of my yes. More genius from silver.

As much as I love cherrys story, the simple fact is, DA and SOTA are gone, the story is about dead.
We have our few high command people fill in the 2 or 3 important parts to give orders, and the rest of you develop to where you want to go. But the 2/3 high command people (SeC/APEX/CmD) will most likely have to roleplay as communistic brutal asswipes in order to keep these new guys trying to rush to the top in line. Other than that, CCA will be allowed to maybe ACTUALLY PASSIVE rp, as everyones grows their own interests and befriends those with similar goals as them in order to reach said goals.

As far as rebels, cool. The entire city is fair game for them, they must learn to blend. No one starts with uniforms or guns. Nononono. Someone must rise as leader, group people, mug some poor 06 (plenty of those will be around) get your first gun or two, and use it to grow. I like the relatives thing. And the idea of our old chars appearing, such as infamous characters like Phantom, Erica, Zero, Stinger, etc. Not physically appearing, but maybe in like newspapers or theres old stories or legends about these people. idk.

And as this all goes on we tuck our c45 story with all it's characters nice and neat away in a closet somewhere, in case this all goes south, ready to bring out again if we want to rp it.

yes.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum