The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Why we should get FalloutRp EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Why we should get FalloutRp EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Why we should get FalloutRp EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Why we should get FalloutRp EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Why we should get FalloutRp EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Why we should get FalloutRp EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Why we should get FalloutRp EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Why we should get FalloutRp EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Why we should get FalloutRp EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Why we should get FalloutRp EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Why we should get FalloutRp

+8
Mahunik
Gremnkai
DIABLO258
Jaquecz
General Bravo
Unknown
Phenix_360
Moose_hater
12 posters

Go down

Why we should get FalloutRp Empty Why we should get FalloutRp

Post  Moose_hater Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:11 pm

GOOD THINGS
1.) Make the admins more responsible. The admins don't really have much to do, outside of the server. There aren't allot of apps running up anymore, and I think they're getting a bit lazy. This would at least help with that, if that actually is a problem, and perform it very well. Since there are more then one faction, there are over 20.

2.) Creativity. The thing about FalloutRP is that you're not really boxed in on your choices. Which just makes the game mode that much fun. Since there are almost every species you want in the gamemode the rp is endless, I don't see how you can really get bored. From a deathclaw, to a stray wolf. From a dog with rabies to a golden retriever that begs for its food. You can actually have a child! Which is very unlikely, but it would be fun! Like I said, its endless.

3.) More in depth roleplay. This contributes with number 2, but the amount of factions, and characters adds to the depth of the roleplay, and actually makes you want to not stop. All the factions have different behaviors to others, so it gets really interesting. Depending on how many add-ons you use, the more in depth you get, but the less new-play-friendly you get.

4.) Variety. The thing about FalloutRp, is that it is different, like all the other roleplays, but it's different. You're not limited to a character like you are on HL2RP. But you also can't go over board and just make ANY kind of character you want. Due to this, it lets you make YOUR character and roleplay how YOU want to roleplay on that character. There are so many characters you can choose like a detective, or a old race car driver, its astonishing.

BAD THINGS

1.) More money.
2.) More add-ons.
3.) HL2RP being dead, most likely.

TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS. I HAVE NO INTENT IN OFFENDING THE STAFF IN ANYWAY IN THIS POST.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Why we should get FalloutRp Empty Re: Why we should get FalloutRp

Post  Phenix_360 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 pm

I agree, I am a big fan of fallout and I think its a good idea to have a change from HL2RP. Even though its fun it gets boring at times. In fallout RP there are so many more factions and so many more possibility's. But that's just my opinion, and we may even be able to attract more people and build a bigger community if we have more then one server.

+support
Phenix_360
Phenix_360

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:46 pm

It think that the reason why we even have a HL2RP server is because the people here like to play HL2RP. Now if you make a Fallout server that would take half of our players away, then does that not defeat the purpose of the existence of tofu and the mango of the conglomerate of republican start ship troopers on the gay evil space monkey planet of Omega two niner cheese curd? I am pretty sure you have no clue what I just said, but it was defiantly worth it.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:48 pm

//DarkPossum\\ wrote:It think that the reason why we even have a HL2RP server is because the people here like to play HL2RP. Now if you make a Fallout server that would take half of our players away, then does that not defeat the purpose of the existence of tofu and the mango of the conglomerate of republican start ship troopers on the gay evil space monkey planet of Omega two niner cheese curd? I am pretty sure you have no clue what I just said, but it was defiantly worth it.
If it were to take players away from HL2RP then that just proves its better, doesn't it?
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:45 pm

The thing is, I haven't really ever played Fallout RP. I tried it once and nobody really showed me how to play and shit so I just quit. I would defiantly be willing to try it out, but I personally like HL2RP.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:45 pm

The question that would come then is; if you think HL2RP is so ass boring and restrictive, why aren't you just off playing FalloutRP? Other people have done so. I'm not saying this as a "you don't like HL2RP so gtfo" kind of thing, I'm just saying I don't get why you stick with something you apparently don't enjoy.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:47 pm

UnitBravo342 wrote:The question that would come then is; if you think HL2RP is so ass boring and restrictive, why aren't you just off playing FalloutRP? Other people have done so. I'm not saying this as a "you don't like HL2RP so gtfo" kind of thing, I'm just saying I don't get why you stick with something you apparently don't enjoy.
He actually does go and play Fallout rp, although i guess he'd like it if he would be able to play with TC, and not total stangers, we're all buds here, ya know?
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 pm

If we have two servers, the population would fluctuate. HL2RP and FalloutRP would both have somewhere around half the regular amount of players. Maybe 3-5 each.

But this is only counting TC members. Regular users come and go all the time. All you would need to do is get people to stay in the server and join TC. It would split the populations in half, yes. But it would open up more room to grow, which is possible if we play our cards right.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:55 am

Meleepayne wrote:
UnitBravo342 wrote:The question that would come then is; if you think HL2RP is so ass boring and restrictive, why aren't you just off playing FalloutRP? Other people have done so. I'm not saying this as a "you don't like HL2RP so gtfo" kind of thing, I'm just saying I don't get why you stick with something you apparently don't enjoy.
He actually does go and play Fallout rp, although i guess he'd like it if he would be able to play with TC, and not total stangers, we're all buds here, ya know?
I'm not paying with strangers, infact I actually know double the amount of people on DT that I do here.

Last edited by Moose_hater on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:29 am

Its always a possibility but then both of the servers will probably be split between as Diablo said, therefore not a lot of good and fresh RP. Half Life 2 RP does get boring sometimes and I would like a change sometimes though....
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Outlands rp.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 pm

This could be a possibility once we have more money. We JUST switched server providers, and we need to be able to stabilize our HL2RP server before we make more servers. My vote on this is YES, but, I don't think now is the time. Therefore I am -

Neutral
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:11 pm

I feel like a lot of this is "I don't like HL2RP mainly because I can't do what I want with my char so we should split the playerbase". I keep seeing people go off about how restrictive and boring HL2RP is. Yeah, well, so's real life. Compared to IRL, HL2RP is a whole new realm of possibility. I'm not saying we started as HL2RP so that's all we should ever do, I'm just saying the fact that even proponents of this are saying it will tear into the HL2RP server's population is somewhat disconcerting.

My verdict is NO.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm

HEEEEEELLL

NOPE
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:55 pm

I have been thinking and I have made my decision. My overall vote is -

Nein.

Or at least it is a no until we have more money and more of the player base actually wants this. Overall I just have to agree with Unit, if you don't like HL2RP the don't play it. Sorry to say that man, but its true. I would gladly come play Fallout RP with you, but I just done think TC needs there own server.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:58 pm

//DarkPossum\\ wrote:I have been thinking and I have made my decision. My overall vote is -

Nein.

Or at least it is a no until we have more money and more of the player base actually wants this. Overall I just have to agree with Unit, if you don't like HL2RP the don't play it. Sorry to say that man, but its true. I would gladly come play Fallout RP with you, but I just done think TC needs there own server.
I never said I disliked HL2RP. I just thought it would be a good idea. But, apparently everyone thinks unit's answer is final.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:06 pm

I just went off my own opinions and observations. It seems others have cone to similar conclusions. Don't take it as "whatever unit says, goes".
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:11 pm

All I'm saying is that we don't really need a Fallout RP server. I take back the part about you not liking HL2RP. But, if you tell me what Fallout RP server you play in, maybe we could play some time. And somebody could actually show me why to do on that game.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:27 pm

I like fallout, but Im reallllly hoping for severance. Maybe by the time severance is released, we'll have the players to support 2 servers.

My opinions.
Severance isnt nessesarily better than fallout, but to me it is because I like the survival aspect. And knowing you can get PK'ed by strong npcs cabable of breaking down doors and smashing props, its scary.
I like scrounging around, searching, hiding.
And a zombie apocolypse unites and pitts against some pretty cool characters.
Not to mention the whole CEDA dispute.
And you can have fun with your old job/backstory and use it to your advantage.
Doesnt mean everyone is going to be ex-navy seal tho. >.>
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Noobstrike wrote:I like fallout, but Im reallllly hoping for severance. Maybe by the time severance is released, we'll have the players to support 2 servers.

My opinions.
Severance isnt nessesarily better than fallout, but to me it is because I like the survival aspect. And knowing you can get PK'ed by strong npcs cabable of breaking down doors and smashing props, its scary.

I like. Alot.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Mahunik wrote:
Noobstrike wrote:I like fallout, but Im reallllly hoping for severance. Maybe by the time severance is released, we'll have the players to support 2 servers.

My opinions.

I like. Alot.

Yep. That is pretty fucking cool.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 pm

My opinions.
It sounds fun, but it's probably more based on escaping the zombie bass that is after you, then role playing.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  macholime Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:39 am

"I'm not paying with strangers, infact I actually know double the amount of people on DT that I do here."

Oh god, DT, THE SCOURGE. Anyways, I need to say that doing a successful fallout rp (and new and refreshing) is very difficult. If you don't know I'm an admin on a fallout rp and it's pretty fun. But the problem here is, people want faction rp legion, NCR, BoS, enclave etc. Not many people really care about wastelander rp. Lots of my community left because faction rp died down. And the problem with spliting playerbase is also bad. And even if the split doesn't happen and most if not all stay in Hl2rp then you have the problem of attracting new players, which is very difficult at this present time. We can't (my community) attract new players due to all the other fallout rp servers out there. It'll be a bad idea overall.
macholime
macholime

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:46 pm

How about we get both Fallout and Severance? I mean, by the time Severance comes out, I could save up a lot of money so I could get a third server. This would rule out a developer server though, but im okay with that.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Cergis Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:12 pm

I find this really fun, A fallout server on the CREW, I +support this action, And i will try supporting for this to happen
Cergis
Cergis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down