The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Been thinking about /rolls. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Been thinking about /rolls. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Been thinking about /rolls. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Been thinking about /rolls. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Been thinking about /rolls. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Been thinking about /rolls. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Been thinking about /rolls. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Been thinking about /rolls. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Been thinking about /rolls. EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Been thinking about /rolls. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Been thinking about /rolls.

+6
Burnt Leaf
Magnum
Gremnkai
Unknown
Masey
Noobstrike
10 posters

Go down

Ye? Ne?

Been thinking about /rolls. Vote_b2067%Been thinking about /rolls. Vote_b19 67% 
[ 8 ]
Been thinking about /rolls. Vote_b2025%Been thinking about /rolls. Vote_b19 25% 
[ 3 ]
Been thinking about /rolls. Vote_b208%Been thinking about /rolls. Vote_b19 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Been thinking about /rolls. Empty Been thinking about /rolls.

Post  Noobstrike Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:44 pm

So theres always been a clash between P2L and /roll and realism.
Today these guys were wondering why they need to attempt to shoot a cop in the back of the torso if he's not even aware of them there.
And with realism. Why do guns never jam? Why can't you have an advantage for having a clean gun, or being stealthy, or getting the first strike.

So I thought what if we had set guidelines for these situations, still using /roll as a base.
Example:
If a GHOST were to sneak up on a rebel and try to disarm him while the rebels like...smoking or pissing or something- The GHOST gets an advantage because he hasn't been detected. A simple +30 roll for that one action.
It would definatly stay realistic because in a real-life situation, you could be snuck up on and be disarmed or shot/stabbed. The +30 makes this highly possible. But if the rebel is extreamly lucky or has good reflexes and the roll gods say it's not meant to be, the rebel can still win the roll. Just apply this to all first strike/stealth moves. It evens out the fact that the victim wouldn't react quickly or at all when surprised.

Also. With guns.

Aren't revolvers prized for never being able to jam? Shouldn't that be an advantage? When your a rebel you play in the dirt and water all day. Your guns bound to rust or get jammed. Not to mention if your using an mp7, thats 45 rounds flying out of a tiny barrel at like 900 shots per second. No jams? Ever?

CCA generally are equipped with better guns and are just naturally expected to keep their guns clean. And you can't jam an ar2. (Unless your somehow dumb enough to leave like a golf ball in the pulse orb barrel.)
So nothing there.

But I've never seen a rebel actually RP cleaning their weapon.
So if you are a refugee or malignant or rebel or whoever you are, and you happen to be one of the many who use a jammable shotgun or smg, shouldn't you get a SMALL -roll? -5 on shotguns and 9mm's, and a -10 because of the complex mechanisms in the mp7. The revolver becomes a more prized thing like it should be because it can't jam. So if your /roll fails, you just rp that your gun jammed that one time. And before you say "Well what if I RP cleaning my gun!?!"

You'd have to do it. Alot. and like track it. and be very detailed. and get all the equipment needed. or always be swapping your weapon for a clean cca one.

It just prooves the point that good equipment can;t go everywhere in the rebels. Only to officers. And the CCA do have the better gear, Always.
Your spread thin militia fighters with little ammo/guns most of the time.
I think -5 or -10 seems fair.

Agree or don't, just a thought thats been bugging me for awhile.
Especially the stealth /roll bonus one.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Been thinking about /rolls. Empty Re: Been thinking about /rolls.

Post  Masey Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:03 am

Personally, I agree 100%.

If a civvie/GHOST/etc. were to approach let's say.. a, as you've mentioned above, a resistance member pissing or smoking or whatever,
that resistance guy wouldn't notice the guy with the bone-knife/stake thing approaching them from behind.

Or atleast, he would notice if the rolls gods would say to themselves, "Fuck it, the guy trying to kill this negus stepped on like a rock or some shit."

But w/e, agree fully +supported
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:32 am

I think this is a very good idea. Even CCA should occasionally RP cleaning there gun out. Its not like you just toss your gun and grab a new one every time you need to re load like in the Matrix.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:56 am

I agree 100%. I've always didn't like the roll system because it didn't account for EVERYTHING there was. Oh and Masey's post was his planning Stingers death lol.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 am

+Support

Freed vorts need roll bonuses too
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:59 am

Gremnkai wrote:I agree 100%. I've always didn't like the roll system because it didn't account for EVERYTHING there was. Oh and Masey's post was his planning Stingers death lol.

You know it. Wink
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:02 am

Magnum wrote:+Support

Why would they get roll bonuses? Please explain?
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:58 am

Personally, this sounds like a good idea. Austin can work on moar guns! MOAR. But AK's skill never jam, never. So if one of the black men are mugging and one of the flaming cca are like, "HEY, YOU CAN'T DO THAT, P*SSY" most of the high caliber guns are most likely to jam. Especially the snipers. M4 carbines don't really jam a lot either. Most of the guns in CSS aren't really made to jam. But a few like the shotguns and others should jam.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:49 am

Burnt Leaf wrote:
Magnum wrote:+Support

Why would they get roll bonuses? Please explain?

Vortessence and laser beams
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Been thinking about /rolls. Empty Noobstrike I love you.

Post  Cherry of the Dead Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:04 am

DUDE I KNOW.

Personally though I think rolls should only be used to determine some sort of chance. If a combine has a gun to your head and you are weaponless you have to play to lose if he is distant and about to fire. He shouldnt need to roll for something of the sorts.

If you are trying to run away and I mean like dive for cover because theres a wall next to you and theres a cobmine quite distant but he has sights on you that is more of a reason to roll
Cherry of the Dead
Cherry of the Dead

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:26 pm

[PASSED]

See but the thing about Roll's is that they are extremely controversial. One small change can ruin it all. A simple roll bonus wont, but if you change the idea of rolling to something like Chance, and forcing someone to P2L, it wouldn't work. People will get frustrated and only want to change it more.

So, that's why its not a good idea to dabble with Rolling unless you are close to positive it will work. Why am I accepting this you ask?

Because the poll won.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:18 pm

So the +30 first strike is approved?
Or the - for rebel guns?
Or boft.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Noobstrike wrote:So the +30 first strike is approved?
Or the - for rebel guns?
Or boft.
I am pretty sure if rebels actually took the time to RP cleaning there guns then they wouldn't have a - on there rolls. Occasionally on my loyalist char I RP cleaning my gun.

But I am pretty sure all of this was approved, so boft.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:14 am

I mean yeah, the idea sounds good and all, but who's actually going to listen to this? If people say "OF YOUR GUN JAMMED, FAGGOT." and then the others aside would complain, and then it would just be this HUGE argument over if their weapon jammed or not. I still agree with the other thing, but honestly I think people are going to abuse the plus on rolls. Let's say a teen bell is positive rping and there's no one else on except the rebel and the one CCA that is a, lists say 01. They HATE each other ooc. The first ghost 01 walks into the slums and kills the rebel who is passive rping. This is exactly what happened with mahunik's ghost. Who the duck knows why he went into the slums. Probably yolo. Anyways, that's my opinion even though the poll is already over.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 am

Like we would really allow such an incident to stand if it was proven a unit just went "YOLO" into the slums for OOC reasons. No. That would be voided so fast, and a banhammer might well be applied.

Though I don't doubt people will argue that and the gun jamming. Nobody will want to spend time RPing gun cleaning any more than they want to RP taking a shit. Not to mention the /mes won't exactly be detailed unless someone knows how to clean a gun IRL, and I doubt many of us have a clue on how to do that.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:01 pm

UnitBravo342 wrote:Like we would really allow such an incident to stand if it was proven a unit just went "YOLO" into the slums for OOC reasons. No. That would be voided so fast, and a banhammer might well be applied.

Though I don't doubt people will argue that and the gun jamming. Nobody will want to spend time RPing gun cleaning any more than they want to RP taking a shit. Not to mention the /mes won't exactly be detailed unless someone knows how to clean a gun IRL, and I doubt many of us have a clue on how to do that.

Occasionally I actually have RP'd cleaning my gun on my loyalist char. All you really have to do is:
/me Places his/her gun on the table.
/me Takes the mag out of the gun.
/me Takes the bullet out of the chamber.
/me Grabs a cloth.
/me Begins to clean the inside of the gun.
/it The gun is now clean.
/me Puts the mag back in the gun.
/me Loads a bullet into the chamber.
/me Makes sure safety is on, placing the gun on his/her belt.

SEE, not that hard!
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down