The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Does Jenny live or die? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Does Jenny live or die? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Does Jenny live or die? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Does Jenny live or die? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Does Jenny live or die? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Does Jenny live or die? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Does Jenny live or die? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Does Jenny live or die? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Does Jenny live or die? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Does Jenny live or die? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Does Jenny live or die?

5 posters

Go down

Void the PK?

Does Jenny live or die? Vote_b2092%Does Jenny live or die? Vote_b19 92% 
[ 11 ]
Does Jenny live or die? Vote_b208%Does Jenny live or die? Vote_b19 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Does Jenny live or die? Empty Does Jenny live or die?

Post  [Redacted] Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 am

PK Or Not?

So it has come to my attention that one of my longest running characters
has been PK'd. Now, before you think I am posting this as a "NO! I don't want a PK!" kind of message I am NOT, I can assure you, I am not that kind of person. So, here is the whole thing that happened today.

So, I was playing as the infamous Jenny Lanes today As i'm sure you have assumed. Well what happened was the combine had set a trap for Jenny and she was unaware of the situation but it still seemed sketchy to her as the radio she was getting the call to the traps destination, said "somebody says" as to imply she doesn't recognize the voice. Now she decided to go and check this situation out which she deemed suspicious. As she approached the area where she was "PK'd" she could hear the combine talking. Also, she was close enough to where she could now clearly see the bodies dead on the bridge while still getting messages from "them". Now, the Bodies were apparently strapped with explosives for the trap. (Just going to clarify that my game was super freaking laggy at this point at time when approaching the bodies) So Jenny according to the administrators of the server got to close to the bodies and blew up which I understand. Now, the reason of which I am posting this is because at that point when I was approaching the bodies I was not as close to them as I had thought and was trying to do:

/me approaches suspicious bodies with caution.
/me hears the combine around the corner.
/me evades the situation.

This is because Jenny is a smart character and would know what was going on especially when she can hear the combine around the corner. Also on my screen I was far enough around the corner so I assumed they had no Idea I was there. I just never really expected her to go this way. I assure you I am being 100% honest.

Before I continue I would like to say that I have a lot of respect for all of the admins who do what they do for the server such as Mahunik, Dracul Zev, Unit Bravo, Noobstrike etc. Not to forget the owner himself Diablo. I do NOT want to lose respect from you guys and that is why I am making this.

Here is what I propose we should do as this is a suggestion meaning the community can decide.

What if Jenny survives the explosion but is knocked unconscious from the blood loss (shrapnel and such being the cause) and she appears to have a missing and eye and/or has many broken bones such as the arm, rib, etc. This means the combine see her as dead and ignore the body as the zombies will probably come to clean up anyways. This means that when Jenny awakes she will not be able to fight, shoot, etc for quite some time. ( I will be fair, I promise) This will make her so much less of a threat to the combine that will almost seem like she is dead.(Which they will think anyways.)

We can rp the situation of who finds her or whatever in game but I promise I will make it seem realistic as possible.

Anyways I love this server a lot and I love what you guys do, you have given me the best hl2rp experience EVER! and that means a lot.

I am leaving it up to the community as to whether she lives or dies.

Please decide and leave an honest opinion if you can.

Sorry If this turns out bad but I am really tired and just want you guys to understand...

HollerHavoc out.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Does Jenny live or die? Empty Re: Does Jenny live or die?

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 am

Well I am just gonna say this for one, the whole "somebody says:" thing is completely okay. The CCA have devices to disguise their voice. The Vo-coder is a perfect example of that.

Second, I do enjoy Jenny Lane's as a character, G-Man picked her out and kept her moving until she reached the slums.

Also, without really being given time to react on the situation, it does seem allitle strange that there was no Rolling involved.

I don't usually vote on these things, but I am going to vote yes because I think Havoc is a great RP'er, and Jenny Lane's has potential for a great great addition to the story of City 18.

PS: Respect shall not be lost Smile posting about this stuff gains respect in anything. Showing dedication to your characters and the community itself is a deffinet 1 up in my book.

PSS: Out of respect, I fixed all the code errors you missed. Looks pretty good if you ask me
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Does Jenny live or die? Empty Thank you

Post  [Redacted] Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 am

Thank you Diablo so much man. I appreciate it. Very Happy
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimond_miner56 Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:29 am

If Jenny's death is voided the C4 its self might aswell be voided and done another time, I meen I loved the way that was thought out and shit but when im trying to rp looking around the corner and I get explodededed its kind of annoying, what I am saying is it should be done another time with a little longer of a reaction time for players caught in it so they can /me jumping back or getting knocked out like Havoc said. But this is just my opinion.
Dimond_miner56
Dimond_miner56

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:00 am

Yeah...and they have to take everything into thought...like...
Was jenny wearing her rebel uniform with built in kevlar?
Was it powerful enough to stop shrapnel getting inside her? None? Some?
Did she sheild her face in time for it to not hurt her face? Or did that metal arm-guard on the rebel suit save her in any way?

Was there time to react? Dive? Roll?

All dat stuff.
What your wearing during crap like this matters alot. If you were just wearing a civie jumper, you'd prolly be dead.

I voted yes, it sounds like this was a poorly exucuted rp. :l
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Does Jenny live or die? Empty Re: Jenny

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:37 pm

I am in agreement with Diablo. No one likes there charactar to die but i think yhe ultermining rule should be if the death was canon. If you ealk through slims and are killed by a slam fro a past event then i dont believe it should be a pk, or in this case not getting to react to the explosion. And jenny really has contributed a lot to the community, she has been here if not longer than James has and has really changed the outcome of certain encounters. I believe Jenny should live.
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Obvious win for Jenny.
She lives on.

[POLL WON; JENNY LANES REMOVED FROM PK LIST]
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Does Jenny live or die? Empty Thank you so much!

Post  [Redacted] Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate it Smile
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:27 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:Thanks guys, I truly appreciate it Smile

Does Jenny live or die? Who_said_YOLO
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down