The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Gentlemen, we need to step up our game.

+6
Coopech
DIABLO258
Gremnkai
Commander America
General Bravo
ElderViking
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gentlemen, we need to step up our game.

Post  Wowdah Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:42 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:My idea is to get everyone to operate on the same level. Make C18 an open world to explore, make the factions harder to get into...

...I want CWU workers to be on frequently and often have the store open with furniture and food as well as other items
and I want the prices to be HIGH. I want characters of all factions (Except CCA and Enslaved Biotic) to be able to buy apartments and customize them with ease, and then save that format and be able to load it when ever they join in...

Over all, we rely to much on instant gratification. RP should take time, days, weeks even.

A)

It'd be difficult running a business as a CWU if there is no demand not because nobody wants it but because nobody can afford it. Rations barely happen anyway, There just isn't anything to circulate through citizens to uphold such an economy. 

B)
There needs to be something that Citizens may offer that the CCA/CWU want that they want, the clear answer is labor; but I don't frequently see jobs that aren't long-term.
Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gentlemen, we need to step up our game.

Post  [Redacted] Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:04 pm

I don't think factions should be harder to get into, though I do agree with a lot of Diablo is saying. I feel we shouldn't make the factions harder to get into necessarily, but just take more development, care, effort and time. Lot's of the CCA are doing a good job or WERE doing a good job, but they are just starting to slack and such. People are beginning to go into that "Why should I even bother?" state. People need more of a reason to RP on TC.

A lot of what I am seeing is people "self" rping, setting these big OOC goals for their characters and trying everything possible to get it. That's why creative things like rogues went to waste and got stereo-typed. If I make a character and say "Yeah! This is going to be my badass rebel character who will kill all the combine" then my rp will become sped up, I will try to do everything to become that character which I shouldn't do. Your characters should have a base personality, a base trait set, and a backstory. You should develop them slowly as a character like in a book. They should meld into the person they are going to become. Bilbo Baggins did not get up one day and say: "I'm going to go on an adventure and kill a dragon in The Lonely Mountain." He was taken there by an unfortunate and fortunate turn of events that he didn't even know/want to happen.

People need to understand that events that admins make should not be relyed on. An event is a happening of importance, not a common occurance, if people keep on waiting for things to happen in basically an OOC state and then reacting IC, it will get stale and boring and put unneeded pressure on staff and such. If everybody were to create creative and in depth characters with any kind of life possible (as long as it flows with the hl2 cannon) and just let all the elements and people of RP meld them into a character they become not knowing about it, they would take things slowly, and it would be a hell of a lot more interesting. If you want to benefit the CWU and economy aspects, Slashraider put time and effort into something that will work. Tokens require more of a use, CWU are just those random people that open up the shop the odd time, that's it frankly. They need to be doing more.

I say instead of making everything over priced and breaking the economy even more than it already is, (which it's pretty much nothing) we range prices so people with higher jobs can afford higher priced things. Think about it, it will give people reasons to work, it will balance the economy, it will spark and balance rp more. People don't just have to do that kind of thing with tokens, I say we also make a black market dealer sub faction or application to get the flags somehow.

If we want to start "stepping up our game" We need to actually start ACCOMPLISHING and EXPERIMENTING all of the things and suggestions we have been talking about for the past few months.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:07 pm

*S key not working, replacing it with a Z for now.*

Honestly I didn't really read most of the thread, but I am pretty sure it iz about the pop or something. I read some of the interesting stuff that was in colorful text cuz ADHD for the win. But anyway. I read some stuff about CWU and that brought up the part of my brain that does stuff. It'z like 8:00AM right now and I am pretty tired and at school. But anyway, People need jobs. If you want more citizen RP, then there should be more places for citizens to work. Prices should be raised, yes. But people need to make more money from things other than rations. Often it zeemz like the hospital or the CWU are the only thing open. And the CWU iznt open often. But when the hospital is open I often give workers bonuzez and what not zince az a CWU I get a salary anyway. So if somebody does a large amount of work, whatever character iz zupervizing the building should give the other worker a small bonus. Like 60-100 tokens depending on how much work iz done.

But then about no ztorez being open. This would be becuaze there aren't really any characters that are able to even open the ztorez becuaze nobody owns them. If the ztorez simply aren't a ztore then they won't open. There are like two buildings in the plaza that never even open. They need to be converted to something useful. I have ideaz but then there iz the fact that nobody could work there becuaze CWU are limited to owning only one store at a time. I had Conlon ask IC if he could own the FotoShop but CmD was like, "Nope." But if I could own more ztorez then I could hire more people. If I could hire more people, people would want to join the server becuaze they would be encouraged to RP. Promotions within the CWU are also something to look forward too I guezz. Like, in the hospital I often give employees different position. Like, Patrick Free iz the manager and haz 99% control of the hospital when Conlon isn't there. Steve iz the Supervisor and can boss around everybody except for Patrick and Conlon. Frankie Astro iz head of ER and just manage z all the people who do zurgury. Conlon = SeC Patrick = CmD Steve = Core DvL (lel) and Frankie = Helix DvL.

So basically overall I am trying to say: If we want RP to happen we need pop. If we want pop we need people to have a reason to go on. If we want people to have a reason just give them job commitments. If we want them to have jobs let Conlon or somebody else re-open the News Press and some other stores. Bam, done, might not work, but if it does then yay.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:23 pm

ElderViking wrote:I think we should make some changes to the community that will help bring up activity in The Crew.

1. We should have designated game nights. Invite your friends or whoever you might have to invite, and RP.

2. We should have more updates on the Steam Group, there are quite a few people in the group, so if we make announcements and start using the function that allows inviting everyone to the game we should be able to boost the pop

3. We should advertise outside of the forums and steam, perhaps with a facebook page or twitter *That one's not a GREAT idea but it could help in some degree*

Hope you find this useful.

Good idea. Do it. Do it now.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:45 pm

I have a great idea, but I don't know if it'll work. It's apparently really hard for a lot of people. How about this. We actually join the server? I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but maybe we can try it some time. You never know.

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:04 pm

All anyone does then is wander around the plaza or sit around in their apartments jacking off, waiting for RP to be handed to them.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Whatever guys, just come in if you want to, try to enjoy yourselves, RP, develop your characters.. Get into fights, talk to your friends, chill in your apartments, look for work, talk about past life, you name it, do whatever you can think of. Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't conflict with the rules. just have a nice relaxing time, you are never expected to join the server, it just obviously helps and is fun when a bunch of people are on y'know? I have some things to talk about, but I'll make a recording or something later about it.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 Empty What we need to start doing

Post  [Redacted] Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:32 pm

[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 am

Bumping
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:54 pm

>Tl;dr a lot of this thread+whenever people have joined lately
Gentlemen, we need to step up our game. - Page 2 45497051
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:16 pm

Okay, bottom line.

-People need to actually join the server
-Instead of screwing around OOCly waiting for events, actually roleplay with each other, because that's what you're here for.

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Alright listen up, bottom line is, we don't start doing things, we will be stuck in this exact position we are now, which is far from good. We are all ready to change, we NEED change and we need it fast, people are leaving, and so what? Just stay as we are now? Well sure, if you want things to keep going down hill, there are very obvious problems that time and time I and countless other staff and users are addressing to Diablo, the owner and General Bravo the Co-owner. So what is going to get done? That is the question, how long does it take to review over and try different things. If it all rests in the hands of two people, then those two people need to start doing things. There is so much to be changed, that needs to be changed guys, come on, it is pretty self evident and so much has been suggested and turned down instantly or put on a 2 year long wait it seems. I am not trying to center General or Diablo out, but it all rests in their hands, it all rests in your hands guys. You are both highly respected people who know how to run things, but, we really seriously need to start actually accomplishing these things if we want to pull this giant diamond out of the rough. We need to pick up our game or leave it. Quite honestly it's not even my, or the rest of the staff/users choice at this point guys, It's Diablo and General's choice whether not we stop going in circles that loop around into more and more problems or just lead back to the same things. We need to act now, or forever be stuck in this maelstrom of problems until they overwhelm the server into death. Act now. Start doing things. Then we will be that epic server we once were, Imagine, TC, one of the longest running and epic servers.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ineptbird7 Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Alright listen up, bottom line is, we don't start doing things, we will be stuck in this exact position we are now, which is far from good. We are all ready to change, we NEED change and we need it fast, people are leaving, and so what? Just stay as we are now? Well sure, if you want things to keep going down hill, there are very obvious problems that time and time I and countless other staff and users are addressing to Diablo, the owner and General Bravo the Co-owner. So what is going to get done? That is the question, how long does it take to review over and try different things. If it all rests in the hands of two people, then those two people need to start doing things. There is so much to be changed, that needs to be changed guys, come on, it is pretty self evident and so much has been suggested and turned down instantly or put on a 2 year long wait it seems. I am not trying to center General or Diablo out, but it all rests in their hands, it all rests in your hands guys. You are both highly respected people who know how to run things, but, we really seriously need to start actually accomplishing these things if we want to pull this giant diamond out of the rough. We need to pick up our game or leave it. Quite honestly it's not even my, or the rest of the staff/users choice at this point guys, It's Diablo and General's choice whether not we stop going in circles that loop around into more and more problems or just lead back to the same things. We need to act now, or forever be stuck in this maelstrom of problems until they overwhelm the server into death. Act now. Start doing things. Then we will be that epic server we once were, Imagine, TC, one of the longest running and epic servers.

I WILL BUMP THE SHIT OUT OF THIS
Ineptbird7
Ineptbird7
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:44 am

Except simply going with most(if not all)of people's suggestions is what I observed over at Maelstrom. Things aren't exactly fine and dandy over there either. What RP that does occur there is really pathetic(everyone jerking off in one location that they block anyone new from accessing), and that's assuming the server isn't empty as it fairly often has been of late[EDIT: as of 12:52 AM US Eastern Standard Time, there are, in fact, 10 people on there, which is more than it's been in some time]. Oh, and there's been a share of "I'm leaving" threads there too.

I don't say this to talk down about Maelstrom, but rather to illustrate a point: it's relatively clear that even if you go with what people want, you still won't necessarily wind up with a positive result.

I knew something like this would happen again when I was working to restart TC, but I didn't expect it to be as soon as it was. People are dropping off in greater numbers than they were the last time. At this point I view anything we do as trying to save someone who is minutes from bleeding out by putting a band-aid on him, and, if that doesn't work, slapping more band-aids on until it somehow does. In my view, we've once again passed the point where any of this map switching or daily events or anything like that really matters. Too few people are left who could give a flying fuck, and even when we can scrape together a few people on the server, no one actually does anything.

So it would seem the root problem here is you people keep looking to us like we have direct, intimate, thorough control of EVERYONE and EVERYTHING while we look to you to actually connect and RP before we start deciding to expend time and effort planning events, map switches, expansions, and the like only to potentially have all that time, effort, and possibly money be wasted.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next