The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread

Go down

Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread Empty Wowdah's Indie/Alternative Music Thread

Post  Wowdah Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:39 am

I'm going to copy HollerHavoc's idea [here] since he isn't entitled to it anyway and create a thread for indie music.
If you'd like, post any good songs you find that happen to be indie, which should be easy because there's just a fucking pool of music able to be heard, liked, and enjoyed, but not supported from either side of the relationship that is Record Labels x Musical Group.

I found out of a band called 'Neutral Milk Hotel' through a friend, and she promised I'd hate it, because of my previous taste in music. I know most of their songs by heart, and later discovered that it is Neil Gaiman's favorite.

I started to follow the singer 'Jeff Mangum' and track what bands he was in and out of, and he mostly went in a circle of bands all of which managed by friends, who named themselves 'Elephant 6'
I won't post RadioHead here purely because A) Everyone knows who they are and B) They aren't indie, they are just styled that way and act like it.
There's also an artist named 'Andrew Bird' who has also made an effect on my life and way of thinking.

Aaand simply Kimya Dawson who's helped me.

I've also really gotten into Amanda Palmer.
[Because it is NSFW, I will link you here.]

I've also really really gotten to love a band named Roadgeek:

And I also have 'Of Montreal' as my guilty pleasure, simply because they don't present themselves well, but I really like their music.

I've also liked dubstep for a while but then I grew above the age of 12.5
Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down