The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Y'know What?! EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Y'know What?! EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Y'know What?! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Y'know What?! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Y'know What?! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Y'know What?! EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Y'know What?! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Y'know What?! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Y'know What?! EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Y'know What?! EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Y'know What?!

5 posters

Go down

Y'know What?! Empty Y'know What?!

Post  Unknown Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:30 pm

I honestly think we need a much more active leadership for all of the factions. I believe I have said this before but people really need to take this more seriously.

I am mainly talking about CCA mostly. Erica is often active and doing stuff for Lambda, but Noob is NEVER on. And when he is on he is on for like 20-30 mins just to run around and do little to nothing and ignore the duties of being Sector, or at least that is what I have seen. I have even heard somebody say that they rarely come on because there is never any promotions and Sector is rarely on and whatnot (They wished to stay anonymous.). I am almost starting to hate CCA RP because no matter how hard I try, no matter how good a CCA I am it is impossible to become 04 unless you are part of the special people society of special specialness. I don't want people to just say "Shuddup Possum, you r just complaining!" Because the only reason you are saying this shit is because you are one of the people that are EpU or CmD or a frickin' 03-01 or something. You can’t know what I am talking about unless you have experienced this neglecting firsthand.

There is also many other reasons why people don't even come on. RP is becoming bland because the SA's are choosing to make it bland by being inactive. I have honestly only seen Archi on like two or three times and barely even know him very well. Noobstrike is only on like once a week or sometimes less. Mahunik is okay, Mahunik is on pretty often but still not often enough. Bravo is on quite a bit, and most of the OP-Admin people are on the most.

Not to mention that everybody has left for Metro RP because apparently there is "More Freedom" witch really makes no sense... There is a shit load of freedom in HL2RP but people are choosing not to have this freedom and some people are taking the freedom away from others. Not all people should be kicked out of the slums the moment they walk in, I know Erica has been letting them in lately and this is good. How do you expect the uprising to EVER happen if the resistance contains like ten people... IT WON’T!

[If anybody has been offended and feels like raging at me because I mentioned there name, DON’T, it is your job as an admin/SA to be doing these things a mentioned much more and if you can’t handle me pointing this out then you honestly shouldn't be one, no offense. If you wish to deny something I said please do it in a polite way and don't rage at me over Steam.]

[EDIT:] Also I have noticed everybody left after Joe quit being an admin. I really think he was one of the most active SA's and he really helped keep the server together. The whole thing about him ever asspulling stuff is bullshit. I don't think I have ever seen him do that and if anything he was one of the best at keeping our server active and alive. He even agreed to become and SA again if everybody agrees and if it would help the server. I really think we need him back, put a huge as swag + if you agree.

Last edited by //DarkPossum\ on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Fix.)
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Y'know What?! Empty Re: Y'know What?!

Post  Silver Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:21 pm

It's not just some SA's who are inactive, no, almost everyone is inactive. You can't fix that by saying we need to be more active. People need a reason to be active. I was on the verge of fully switching over to Metro because there's barely anyone on TC atm, but Holler came up with some fantastic RP, and that's why I'm moderately active atm.

We want people to be active. We shouldn't complain they're inactive, we should give them a reason to come back and be active. At the moment, Holler is the only one who's actively doing that (at least, for as far as I experienced the last week).

We gotta realise that, people are not obligated to play. They choose to play. We gotta give them reasons to choose TC. We don't do that (we're barely doing that right now), they'll move on to other communities.

And really, we gotta be fast. The longer people stay away, the less likely they are to come back (I experienced this before with 3 communities I ran, 2 guilds and a TF2 community).

And yeah, Noob and Archi aren't active on the server right now. They're, honestly, some of the most valuable persons in this community. I'd love to see both of them active again, but they're both busy and deserve a break imo.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:22 pm

This is about you, and your want for 04.
You are complaining.
But in a productive good way. Which is fine. Your not flaming or spamming, just stating your opinion. Good. We want opinions.

The 'duties' of Sector aren't just promoting you and patting you on the head. They aren't just reading reports and keeping tallies.
I get on, do that, see nothing is going on, and decide to leave again.
You specifically possum don't mention your promo or anything like it until I'm off gmod. Don't ASK me for your promo. Just while I'm on, ask if anyone is getting one soon. I have a million things on my mind all the time, I may need reminded of you. Youre an enlisted, and I have to plan the promotion of 01's and EpU's and OfC's. I MAY, forget you.
Im always planning events and ideas even if you dont hear about them.
Currently, one for masey, and one for the end of the sanctuary.

And pardon me if after 2 years of HL2RP, I may not be as active as a fresh 05/04/OP.
I try to make it fun for others, but can't always make it fun for myself.
Mahunik does his job well, he's a good leader.
I'm not as good of an SA as he may be. If thats the case, fine.
Summer just started for me, so I can now be more active, assuming anyone else is on the server and theres a reason to be on.

And Joe left on his own account. No one told him to leave. No one wanted him demoted or gone.
I won't go into the whole asspull thing, but don't just "No thats bullshit joes to cool he never asspulled" because you DON'T. KNOW. You weren't there. Very few people were. And it happened over time. He was extreamly creative and dedicated, but felt he couldn't handle his power. Thats fine.

Last edited by Noobstrike on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Silver wrote:It's not just some SA's who are inactive, no, almost everyone is inactive.

We shouldn't complain they're inactive, we should give them a reason to come back and be active.

We gotta give them reasons to choose TC.

Super Mega True Valid Points SILVERRR-Noob

And yeah, Noob and Archi aren't active on the server right now. They're, honestly, some of the most valuable persons in this community. I'd love to see both of them active again, but they're both busy and deserve a break imo.

And thx for dat. Makes me feel speshful. Archis also a creative coding swag genius, and I also wish He'd return.

Good post.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Forgive me, but. This sounds like a bunch of complaining, it really does. CCA rp isn't about RANKING DA FUQ UP DERE
Its about rping.
I do agree rp is bland, and there is more freedom in metro rp, because of canon and the fact that factions dont kill you for trying to join da cauze
inb4 holler havoc jab [Srsly stahp, just stahp]

silver has already said what we need to do to get shit rolling.
But in my opinion, we need a diffrent rp server than just hl2rp alone too, Fallout RP schema is avaliable now, so why dont we try dat?
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm not saying CCA RP is just about ranking up, but the RP you are even able to do is extremely limited when you are an 05. It is honestly more fun and there is more to do when you are ranking up and shiz.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Honestly, I feel like we've been doing rank ups a bit faster than we used to. Ask any higher-up CCA, it took us a long, long, long, long, LONG time to get to where we are. Now it's getting to be "i bored havent been promoed lately i want promo or i go play metro/darkshitrp". Which is just....no.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum