The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued!

+2
General Bravo
Archimedes
6 posters

Go down

Should we consider switching [CONSIDER]

Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! Vote_b2069%Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! Vote_b19 69% 
[ 11 ]
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! Vote_b206%Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! Vote_b19 6% 
[ 1 ]
Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! Vote_b2025%Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! Vote_b19 25% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! Empty Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued!

Post  Archimedes Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:16 pm

[THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL VOTE TO CHANGE THE MAP BUT MORE OF A VOTE LEADING UP TO THE VOTE OF CHANGING THE MAP. IT IS FOR PLAYER FEEDBACK]

This can only get off the ground if you guys can vote this up, but I think this has everything we have from city 18, but uses it better, more efficiently, and has much more to offer.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=133441

This map has a lot of interpretations but this is in my opinion the optimized way to use it (this is subject to change by your vote and Diablos opinion, but none of it can happen if you don't vote yes.)

Red - Spawn
Yellow Dots - Citizen rp areas
Yellow Box - Citizen Approved Housing (CAH)
White Boxes - Shops (Uses TBD)
Brown - CWU
Green - CWU Housing
Grey - CCA Patrol Route
Light Blue - CCA Checkpoints
Dark Blue - Nexus
Pink - Crime Areas (It was to hard to pindown what would be what, but it shows shady places were crime can easily happen both in an out of the slums)

Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! City_110

[Click to enlarge hnnnnnnnnngggggg]

FAQ:
--
Whats the main reason for this proposed change?
Well. PlazaRP is becoming more and more rare mainly because there's only 2 places to RP. The plaza and the slums. Slums sounds way more exciting right? Maybe, but having a map with multiple areas of RP, crime, and hiding, makes it much more fun to stay within the populous and hide in the open. ALso everyone is herded or centralized in one or two places. Different parts of the city will be empty as rp evolves rather than the idea that everyone is in the plaza or the slums.
--
What to do with the underground Trainstation in the middle of the map?
I was thinking leave it open, maybe items drop there that encourage rp. Hopefully it remains open to Citizens but is patrolled by CCA.
--
Whats with the Club?
Yes it is not very HL2RPish, but I'm sure CETA can think of something (if not it will probably be blocked off).
--
Whys a mini rebel base looking thing marked as a store (top right of map)?
Well I was hoping we could add to CETA electricians that maintain the cities power-grid (the nexus has their own).
--
The rebels can't hide, well anywhere in the slums and have no way of escape!
This is a good and bad thing. Part of the base will probably be blocked off and inaccessible to CCA on a normal sweep to save people, but this encourages rebels to hide in the open. The map is not open like City 18 allowing people to sneak about in a way you cant in City 18.
--
Are you crazy, I don't want to switch to a new city!
No your crazy for expecting better rp by doing the same thing over and over again (the definition of insanity). And I can't be crazy... I'm a bird.

Give it a try with the map I made by your side and you will see how great this city is.

[All credit for this map goes to Dracul Zevion, he did show me it!]
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! Empty Re: Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued!

Post  General Bravo Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 pm

<::Pending further investigation.>
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! Empty Re: Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued!

Post  Mahunik Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:34 pm

I think we should just go to C18v2
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 pm

If City 45 wasn't so buggy I would suggest that, It was bigger, but it did have a rather large Slum area, City 17 is another good map, similar to City 10, it had no slums, had a hidden base for the rebels, has a really neat Nexus, and has stores. I would have to look at city 10 on the Dev server to get a good feel for it
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:49 am

C10 has some nice hiding places for resistance, so no more lolwebuls walking around, instead we are organized in 2 hiding areas and can sneak into the city as citizens and fight as insurgents.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Dog the Noobstriked Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:16 am

I already was going to do a poll on this you dork. I had done my normal Red Blue and Green CCA models posed around the map to point out all the good places. I love the terminal and I love the CWU only area with a working generator that can be turned on and off, Sadly the nexus isn't all that big. And its night time!!!

Last edited by Araghast The Noobstriked on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alpha Dog the Noobstriked

Back to top Go down

Map Change Suggestion... Your vote is valued! Empty C11

Post  Precinct Helghast Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:02 pm

I was considering C11..?
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Dog the Noobstriked Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:24 pm

C11 was horrible when I was in charge of the DA server and had it on that map, Horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 am

Araghast The Noobstriked wrote:

C11 was horrible when I was in charge of the DA server and had it on that map, Horrible.

Facebook comments : Amazing
Reply · Like · Follow Post · April 8, 2012 at 6:09pm

David Kim · Works at Marines
love this map.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · November 12, 2011 at 12:56pm

Joshua Shaggy Wade
Amazing map!
Reply · Like · Follow Post · September 28, 2011 at 5:53pm

Jeffrey Smith · Top Commenter · Passaic Valley Regional High School
epic cheez-its
Reply · Like · Follow Post · September 19, 2011 at 9:15pm

Eimantas Nekrosius
cool stuff
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down