The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Big drama in TC EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Big drama in TC EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Big drama in TC EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Big drama in TC EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Big drama in TC EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Big drama in TC EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Big drama in TC EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Big drama in TC EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Big drama in TC EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Big drama in TC EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Big drama in TC

4 posters

Go down

Big drama in TC Empty Big drama in TC

Post  Gremnkai Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Alright in my short time on TC I have seen MASSIVE amounts of drama on this server. We cannot grow and expand when we have this amount of drama. When users (Mostly serious RPers) see this amount of drama they get turned off by the immaturity of the people and the people that watch and don't do anything. I don't think that anyone wants people to think of this place of a basket of immature arseholes. We can resolve this issues like mature adults and even if your not old enough to be qualified as an adult you are still mature enough to RP so you can be mature enough to resolve your issues. Not cause massive flame wars that affect the whole server. People might not be able to work well with each other and I can understand that. I have been around people I just could not stand but don't start massive flame wars. Just try to stay away from that person and RP as normal if you meet them. If you are mature enough you can stay your cool to RP. If that person wants to start a massive war against you then let the admins/ops/super admins/owner can handle it. Please before attacking another person over anything silly or even understandable remember this post.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Big drama in TC Empty Re: Big drama in TC

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:25 pm

I couldn't have said it any better.

Gremnkai is more than right. The flame and hate needs to stop. I really really really hate having to raise my voice (through text) to you guys. I just dont understand how it can be so hard to just get along with one another and not be so immature.

A few things I want to see changed around here:

Grammar - Noob, your spelling can be funny as hell at times, but in all seriousness it needs to be toned down abit. I like clean text which I can understand, it makes my life abit easier.

Revenge - It seems that everyone has a grudge on someone, and one of those two people is plotting some kind of revenge. If not revenge, they will take a shot at an opportunity to ruin your day if they can get to it.

Quickly going off topic - I have also seen that even in our general discussion forum people still go amazingly off topic. The OP of the topic wants you to respond with thought and reason, not a brony picture and a silly quote. (unless its accepted)

(In Hl2RP) Minging - I have gotten a lot of reports about nearly everyone here minging at least once. Even my SA's have been confronted by it. This really needs to stop. Like yesterday. The last thing I want is for my SA's, my security guards, my loyal admins to go and break rules. No minging means no spawning vehicals, no spawning weapons unless its needed, no picking people up and dropping them, no shooting someone for being a minge. You have the Aura Admin Menu, deal with problems appropriately.

Last but not least, reputation - When we left SoTA to make TC, I didn't want it to be just a quick move type thing. I wanted it to be an over haul for all of us. A fresh start. I didn't want reputation to follow us from SoTA. If it didn't like I wanted it too, none of this would have ever happened. Just enjoy the guy next to you. RP with them. Have fun. Dont force things on them, let them have some fun too.

ClockWork supposedly is coming out within a couple weeks. I hope these changes can be in affect by that time. If not, I will gladly help these people causing drama to get their acts straight. You know who you are.

On a better note, you guys manage to bring a smile to my face every day. Even though we all have our flaws, I still think of all of you as my friends, no matter what someone else says, I will always give you a chance to explain. Keep doing what you guys do, just don't be so messy.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Big drama in TC Empty Diablo, I completely agree

Post  Archimedes Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:22 pm

I completely agree diablo, I have been lurking over the past 2 months that I have been unable to be active on the server and have started to take notice of the big picture.

WE NEED MORE SERIOUSNESS

Honestly I think there is more closed and off-topic bullshit hate thread floating around then 100% legitimate serious ones. I think any thread like that should not just be locked but deleted unless it leads to a persons ban. This is for several reasons.

1. Having threads like that make us look shitty as a community. Don't get me wrong, I love our community and when we are good... WE ARE FUCKING AMAZING (mind my french).

2. Having threads that show bans show our seriousness. If we delete all of the threads then people will know something is up because a community of our size always has a wacko or two that has been delt with. These threads will also serve as examples to oblivious users to what can get you banned (you don't learn everything from a set of rules, because quite frankly common sense has been lacking lately).

3. (admins only) Also we cannot have any emotion shown in arguments that lead up to bans. If we become personally invested in a ban then it looks like an admin is banning out of spite. Also this would show how professional we are and serious we are.

4. People cannot ridicule banned members. Once again, that makes the community look like a bunch of immature school yard bullies and depending on what the on-looker sees, it may look like the community is full of cruel bastards (once again, mind my french). Also I mean, com'on people we are above the people who we ban, they are banned for a reason. Don't sink to their level.

I think some of this should be incorporated into the sites rules if they aren't already (haven't check them in a while because I don't think I've ever broken them [BECAUSE THEY ARE COMMON SENSE]).

Also, I may have asked you this a while ago, but If possible I would like access to some janitorial duties with all this hate nonsense being able to delete posts etc. I mean I'm sure over 90% of the community will agree that I am very unbiased going into any argument and just want this community to prosper. So untill the server gets back up and my computer is fixed I am confined to the site.

Anyway yea,

tl;dr
1. delete all flame threads that don't result in discipline
2. keep threads that display level headed-ness of admins and bans
3. with admin duties no one can be emotional attached to decisions
4. Do not sink to the levels of people who are banned, aka don't make fun of them
5.if i could get janitor duties even on a trial basis, that would be dandy

Archimedes out-

Big drama in TC His+name+is+snowflake+_c8b0c142ef5559ac3ee16d20662476d8
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Damn it, Arch. You are always right in front of me on amazing posts arnt you?
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Damn it, Arch. You are always right in front of me on amazing posts arnt you?

So, Janitor privlages? (I would steam chat you about this but I am confined to my school computer and can't install steam D:)
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:51 pm

What do you mean by "Janitor".
What would you do?
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Basically delete flaming posts and lock out of control threads pending your final verdict. So if a thread flame war is happening and you are not there to intervene, I can lock it out and let you decide how to handle it. If there is no way to just give me those specific privileges you can give me the full reign and I won't act out of line. If I do feel free to strip me of them, demote me, etc. Also there should be a section that shows all actions somewhere on the admin page that shows all actions taken on threads like who locked them or deleted posts, etc.

It's a nice thought.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Janitor application accepted. You now have moderator abilities on every thread here.
Here are the rules I want you to follow.

1. Do not use the moderator powers for anything other than controlling a fight, locking threads, deleting threads, posts, or controlling a crowd.

2. Do not remove threads if they are against you, or in favor of someone you dislike. You are an admin, act like one.

3. When changing the settings on a thread such as locking it, creating a poll, removing a post(s), or anything in that nature, use this format:

[MESSAGE HERE]

4. Do not remove something because someone ask's you to. If someone confronts you with an issue that is not that big of a deal, either warn that person, or come tell me and I can handle it.

5. Do not threaten with these powers. Power can easily corrupt a man, I am sure you understand.

6. Be clean and emotionless. Like you said, do not use these powers out of hate or happiness. Use them when required too.

7. Do not change forum settings such as rules, descriptions, names, or anything of that nature.

8. Be respectful, janitors often have a hard job, do not vent on the TC members, you are here to help them.

9. This does not make you more of an Admin. You still have the same title and job, just with a tad more work because you asked for it.

10. Do not break your own rules. As Janitor, grammar, sense, and punctuation is key.

Last, please encourage good typing and cleaning up attitude. It will help a lot to be the good guy here.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Again with the drama flamewars?
Guys,stop killing us all dammit

+approval of new shit
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:42 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Janitor application accepted. You now have moderator abilities on every thread here.
Here are the rules I want you to follow.

1. Do not use the moderator powers for anything other than controlling a fight, locking threads, deleting threads, posts, or controlling a crowd.

2. Do not remove threads if they are against you, or in favor of someone you dislike. You are an admin, act like one.

3. When changing the settings on a thread such as locking it, creating a poll, removing a post(s), or anything in that nature, use this format:

[MESSAGE HERE]

4. Do not remove something because someone ask's you to. If someone confronts you with an issue that is not that big of a deal, either warn that person, or come tell me and I can handle it.

5. Do not threaten with these powers. Power can easily corrupt a man, I am sure you understand.

6. Be clean and emotionless. Like you said, do not use these powers out of hate or happiness. Use them when required too.

7. Do not change forum settings such as rules, descriptions, names, or anything of that nature.

8. Be respectful, janitors often have a hard job, do not vent on the TC members, you are here to help them.

9. This does not make you more of an Admin. You still have the same title and job, just with a tad more work because you asked for it.

10. Do not break your own rules. As Janitor, grammar, sense, and punctuation is key.

Last, please encourage good typing and cleaning up attitude. It will help a lot to be the good guy here.

Copy that.

Archimedes Out-
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm glad I managed to make a impact on some people. I hope the rest of TC have seen this post.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down