The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Multi faction suggestions

+7
Ashes
[Redacted]
Noobstrike
General Bravo
Precinct Helghast
Slashraider
Jaquecz
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Multi faction suggestions

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:18 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:Okie dokie I'll Change up the idea 
I'll replace to rogue OTA thing with something else.
Keeping da STIM thing though.
If you change it to something other than OTA it would have to be CCA, making no since at all, the only thing that this STIM thing might be good for is an IC test and if you want to make to so bad than join up with HELIX and put a lot of IC development into it or something, it just won't work man.
I don't think a HELIX CCA can go and make a drug that will be applied to the OTA's main battle force. Metrocops with permissions like that?

Also STIM is meant for OTA, not CCA, its meant to make OTA have all incredible reaction times shit. Since CCA can go rogue a CCA with stim Is going to be, a big problem if it goes rogue.

Also
::UPDATED::
I'll be putting in the stuff about citizens sometime later today.
"Okie dokie I'll Change up the idea 
Keeping da STIM thing though"

Is what you said, And I'm pretty sure that if something was going to make the CCA go rogue they would have shut it down/not use it at all.
There was a typo up in there, and once again the CCA was NEVER going to be using the STIM, just the OTA and only the OTA would be using it, as it is part of the standard augmentations they go through.
Well the OTA especially would not be something good to be running around rogue. The CCA would be on top of this as well as the UU. Therefore it makes no sense,
The OTA won't be going rogue, they will only have temporarily disabilites.
I thought i already said this?
I changed it because of feedback, ermahgerd you guys.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:20 pm

Yeah this really makes no sense, it just doesn't seem very plausible, maybe if you edit it and change the flaws, and maybe it could work out.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Meleepayne wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:Okie dokie I'll Change up the idea 
Keeping da STIM thing though.
If you change it to something other than OTA it would have to be CCA, making no since at all, the only thing that this STIM thing might be good for is an IC test and if you want to make to so bad than join up with HELIX and put a lot of IC development into it or something, it just won't work man.
I don't think a HELIX CCA can go and make a drug that will be applied to the OTA's main battle force. Metrocops with permissions like that?

Also STIM is meant for OTA, not CCA, its meant to make OTA have all incredible reaction times shit. Since CCA can go rogue a CCA with stim Is going to be, a big problem if it goes rogue.

Also
::UPDATED::
I'll be putting in the stuff about citizens sometime later today.
"Okie dokie I'll Change up the idea 
Keeping da STIM thing though"

Is what you said, And I'm pretty sure that if something was going to make the CCA go rogue they would have shut it down/not use it at all.
There was a typo up in there, and once again the CCA was NEVER going to be using the STIM, just the OTA and only the OTA would be using it, as it is part of the standard augmentations they go through.
Well the OTA especially would not be something good to be running around rogue. The CCA would be on top of this as well as the UU. Therefore it makes no sense,
The OTA won't be going rogue, they will only have temporarily disabilites.
I thought i already said this?
I changed it because of feedback, ermahgerd you guys.
OTA do not have disabilities they are programmed so that disabilities will not get in the way of them. And I am tired of arguing about this. It frankly makes no sense at all to be used in the game. Please stop arguing about it. It needs major revisions. This is turning into a spam post of arguments which should not happen. Try and make some revisions.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Yeah can we not have this big argument on the forums? Just take it to steam chat or something and if you have a revised version of this idea, post it back. But just don't go back and forth arguing.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashes Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:42 pm

It doesn't really fit canon. The UU has no need to use a drug to enhance the Overwatch Transhuman Arm's effectiveness, as they don't need to make on the spot decisions. They are programed to do things, clean cut. The use of a drug to improve accuracy would basically mean that it would hamper the brain from multi-tasking on other things, or overthinking simply: aiming, and then firing. It makes no sense considering how the OTA is created and used, and that is why I give my -Support.
Ashes
Ashes
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Okay I'll revise the OWS thing alot more. Also we broke canon a bunch of times already.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 pm

:::UPDATE:::
The Citizen and CCA sections have been filled and the OWS section has been Revised, tell me what you think and help me fix it if you see any flaws!
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 pm

With the citizen housing. THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!

We could keep a roster on the forums to keep track Icly.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashes Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Okay. I see where this is going. I love the CCA and Civie suggestions. All my +Support now belongs to this.
Ashes
Ashes
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:19 pm

I +support the citizens and CCA but not the STIM. I just don't think the side effects are good for this server. Don't do the drugs and the unit will be dysfunctional? 

1. No one will RP taking the drug all the time or RP that is breaks.

2. Even if they do or someone else does it, I don't think anyone will RP as a CCA unit with those side effects.

3. In the canon if a CCA unit doesn't do what HC tell them to do, or the HC sees that the unit is suffering from the side effects, they will PK/Demote/kick them out of the CCA.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:10 am

Slashraider wrote:3. In the canon if a CCA unit doesn't do what HC tell them to do, or the HC sees that the unit is suffering from the side effects, they will PK/Demote/kick them out of the CCA
Multi faction suggestions - Page 2 Ew71ub

Its for OWS units, to boost their combat efficency, the rest of the time they are in the cryo being all sleepy and shit.
CCA CANNOT USE THE DRUGS.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:17 am

Meleepayne wrote:On the overwatch units.

Side Effects of the drug: IF a unit is to go without STIM for a significant amount of time, then they will suffer side effects that include.
-Lowered operational efficency in combat
*Accuracy and vision is hindered 
*Awareness of what is going on around them is significantly lessened
*Clumsy at times
*Easily distracted
*Co-ordination in squads is far from ideal

-Psychological confusion [extreme cases]

*When faced with certain situations the unit will simply stand in place, not sure wtf they should be doing
*May end up interpreting suggestions by low rank units as orders given by high rankings and may end up carrying it out by mistake
*Unit will totally and completely ignore orders and continue to carry out a task that it has most recently been given even long after it may have already been given
*Misinterpreting orders, for example if told to amputate a citizen it may take it as "Murder all citizens" and begin to mow down everything wearing blue. 

That is exactly what you said.

And I meant OTA, not CCA, my bad.

Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Slashraider wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:On the overwatch units.

Side Effects of the drug: IF a unit is to go without STIM for a significant amount of time, then they will suffer side effects that include.
-Lowered operational efficency in combat
*Accuracy and vision is hindered 
*Awareness of what is going on around them is significantly lessened
*Clumsy at times
*Easily distracted
*Co-ordination in squads is far from ideal

-Psychological confusion [extreme cases]

*When faced with certain situations the unit will simply stand in place, not sure wtf they should be doing
*May end up interpreting suggestions by low rank units as orders given by high rankings and may end up carrying it out by mistake
*Unit will totally and completely ignore orders and continue to carry out a task that it has most recently been given even long after it may have already been given
*Misinterpreting orders, for example if told to amputate a citizen it may take it as "Murder all citizens" and begin to mow down everything wearing blue. 

That is exactly what you said.

And I meant OTA, not CCA, my bad.

Basically STIM Is mostly for the rebels having something to sabotage as they can't do anything right now in c8 that would actually hurt the combine significantly without getting noticed.
By that i mean that citizens would be able to see who did what and then rebels would get fucked because they don't have anywhere to go seeing as most of the sewers is blocked off atm.
[Only entrances being the slide door (in D1) and ladder right under GHST outpost.]
With STIM they can probably find a way to hijack a unit's uniform and sneak inside and sabotage the local supply, supressing the local military strength temporarily, which allows them to do operations that normally would get them a crippling sucker punch from the combine.

Also OTA are more valuable so they'd just stick em in stasis and let them recover.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Meleepayne wrote:

-CCA can frame citizens or even take one situation and mold it into something entirely different to get noticed and possibly promoted.
For example:
|||A citizen runs up to a unit holding a note that says some random shit about how theres rebels in the city, but its obviously fake, the horrible writing being a tell-tale sign. 
Being the good CCA you are, you decide to turn it into a bigger deal by burning the note, framing the citizen and saying that he was seen being asked by a resistance member to burn the note and you caught him in the act, therefore getting the citizen amputated and the rest of the CCA thinking "Damn, that CCA found something that serious fucking buisness, he probably going to get [insert number that the enlisted becomes promoted to]|||

-CCA are actually alot more harsh towards citizens. including beating them for no reason, making a big deal out of a citizen tapping him/her on the shoulder and saying that it was assault, beating them and detaining them.
Generally pissing citizens off on purpose and potentially getting the citizens detained. 
[Really i'm just trying to say that the CCA aren't being mean enough]

Then again if CCA are beating citizens being loyal for absolutely no reason, or even citizens who do nothing get beat for no reason, that majorly discourages loyalism, and fuels rebels and criminals with anger to rebel, rather than the trust/dependance they need to see in CCA to feel becoming a loyalist is right. So if the Sector finds out your twisting crimes around like they shouldn't be,

you die.

We dont want loyalists driven away.
Simple as that.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Noobstrike wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:

-CCA can frame citizens or even take one situation and mold it into something entirely different to get noticed and possibly promoted.
For example:
|||A citizen runs up to a unit holding a note that says some random shit about how theres rebels in the city, but its obviously fake, the horrible writing being a tell-tale sign. 
Being the good CCA you are, you decide to turn it into a bigger deal by burning the note, framing the citizen and saying that he was seen being asked by a resistance member to burn the note and you caught him in the act, therefore getting the citizen amputated and the rest of the CCA thinking "Damn, that CCA found something that serious fucking buisness, he probably going to get [insert number that the enlisted becomes promoted to]|||

-CCA are actually alot more harsh towards citizens. including beating them for no reason, making a big deal out of a citizen tapping him/her on the shoulder and saying that it was assault, beating them and detaining them.
Generally pissing citizens off on purpose and potentially getting the citizens detained. 
[Really i'm just trying to say that the CCA aren't being mean enough]

Then again if CCA are beating citizens being loyal for absolutely no reason, or even citizens who do nothing get beat for no reason, that majorly discourages loyalism, and fuels rebels and criminals with anger to rebel, rather than the trust/dependance they need to see in CCA to feel becoming a loyalist is right. So if the Sector finds out your twisting crimes around like they shouldn't be,

you die.

We dont want loyalists driven away.
Simple as that.
Your right about that, but CCA are supposed to be total dicks, its even says in the handbook that CCA love to make big deals out of things.Then theres the angry chemicals that are constantly injected into unit's bloodstreams. That and the whole point is to rule by fear, if a citizen does end up getting bold then CCA make an example of him/her to discourage any kind of other rebellious actions by citizens.
That and becoming a loyalist should really only be a way for citizens to escape the harsh treatment by combine, not something that they feel is "Right" It should be something they feel they need to do if they don't want to get smacked around any longer.

Also i didn't mean citizens being loyal getting hurt, i meant when citizens do shit that is basically wasting an officer's time, like with a piece of paper thats got writing on it saying random fake shit about rebels, might as well have been written up by the citizen himself, which would also be taking advantage of the CCA's trust.
Also CCA don't like it when citizens get close, let alone touch them. After all they could pull something bold.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:21 pm

:::UPDATE:::
-I've got nothing for Vorts or Rebels right now.
So whats on the OP is what i got.
Tell me what should be changed plox.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:41 pm

I say we just stay canon and have OTA behave like they always have. Being bad ass's with mad high roll bonuses.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Mahunik wrote:I say we just stay canon and have OTA behave like they always have. Being bad ass's with mad high roll bonuses.

Yes please, let's just stick with canon.

But I would really like having assigned rooms in the CAH and frequent searches.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:30 pm

okey.
But can we still have STIM to some extent?
Like toned down side effects, as in just the stuff listed in combat efficency. Razz
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Im only going to +support citzen/cca as even in canon if a citizen block has a malignant, everyone gets beaten, why do you think the block freeman when in got completly SLAUGHTERED by CCA with stunsticks for no reason, that and honestly i already beat citizens for VERY little reason
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:49 pm

IT APPEARS

Citizen Suggestion:PASSED

CCA Suggestion: PASSED

OWS Suggestion: DENIED
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:32 pm

The citizen Idea passes. If Silverdisc could code a plugin that allows a citizen to press F1 and it displays a room numer and an apartment name, as well as an automatic Data system (IE: Player joins and makes a char, instead of CCA copy and pasting the format, its already there with room and apartment name/numer) that would be great.

As for the CCA, I like the "Not joining rebels" idea. But I feel people will use it as a way to go rouge. This one is Pending on my final decision. Although the brutal aspect of the CCA passes with flying colors.

OTA. No.

EDIT: Miss type. Damn you touchpad phone keyboard.

Last edited by DIABLO258 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:47 pm

SilverDISC said he will try his best.

This new set of rules will not take effect until I return (Except CCA stuff) because I need to add files to the FTP. If you have questions or complaints PM me on steam or on the forums. I am back tonight at my hotel. Tomorrow at 6am I am leaving for the Galapagos.

I was in the Amazon all week, so I am ready to pound out some answers!
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:52 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:SilverDISC said he will try his best.

This new set of rules will not take effect until I return (Except CCA stuff) because I need to add files to the FTP. If you have questions or complaints PM me on steam or on the forums. I am back tonight at my hotel. Tomorrow at 6am I am leaving for the Galapagos.

I was in the Amazon all week, so I am ready to pound out some answers!
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:29 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:SilverDISC said he will try his best.

I'll do my best, but it can take a while. Bit busy, my new Clockwork thingy got 3000+ subscribers and is on the second page of the Workshop now Shocked.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next