The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Post-Apocalyptic Weapons EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Post-Apocalyptic Weapons EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Post-Apocalyptic Weapons EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Post-Apocalyptic Weapons EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Post-Apocalyptic Weapons EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Post-Apocalyptic Weapons EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Post-Apocalyptic Weapons EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Post-Apocalyptic Weapons EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Post-Apocalyptic Weapons EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Post-Apocalyptic Weapons EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Post-Apocalyptic Weapons

+4
Magnum
General Bravo
Jaquecz
Phenix_360
8 posters

Go down

Post-Apocalyptic Weapons Empty Post-Apocalyptic Weapons

Post  Phenix_360 Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Ya I know more weapons but I thought these where pretty cool. These could be used by the rebels or maybe could be found just laying around. They are homemade weapons so RP wise rebels could make them and use it against the combine. It could also add to the feel that the rebels are under powered.They are not OP at all and look cool to but its just a suggestion.

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=154769079
Phenix_360
Phenix_360

Back to top Go down

Post-Apocalyptic Weapons Empty Re: Post-Apocalyptic Weapons

Post  Jaquecz Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:11 pm

+ Support
But only because these weapons do look like things you can put together using junk and pieces.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:14 pm

+support on the grounds that it these are relatively uncommon, given that most people wouldn't realistically be able to make their own guns, and have them function.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phenix_360 Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Thanks and yes I know that most people wont have them but over time maybe they should become a little more common. They could start off with the the crappy guns and if they get enough supply's and junk they could work there way up to the better guns. There should be only a small amount due to the fact that they are hard to make.
Phenix_360
Phenix_360

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Speaking of this, i recently found a weapon thats basically an mp7 modded to be an assault rifle

+Support
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:37 pm

But then in a week or two we will complain and get rid of them. They are cool but I just don't see the point in having them unless you RP making them.

-support until I see more evidence that we should have these.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phenix_360 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:10 pm

It was just a suggestion since we are going for the view that the rebels don't have much in fire power so it would be cool if like somehow they RP made them to try and defend them selves and if they made them there shouldn't be a crazy amount.
Phenix_360
Phenix_360

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Maybe some sort of melee weapon that they crafted, but I just don't see how they could craft a gun ICly.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phenix_360 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 pm

A schematic maybe? Or maybe someone smart IC figures it out. I know what you mean but you don't have to use all the guns ether you could just be one or two of them and if someone does make one I don't think it should be mass produced.
Phenix_360
Phenix_360

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:32 pm

I think this is a nice Idea, Rebels being able to make IC weapons. Though I think we are coming to the point where we are having too many weapon addons. I think we should just stick with the CS:S weapons and try to work something out with them. This would be cool though but I still think we should try to see about the CS:S situation first. For now I remaining 

Neutral.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:47 pm

Idfk that we coded In the CS:S weapons.
IF ALL OF THEM
Are already coded in, then i think maybe we can make it so that after you've gotten used to "Crafting" AKA: Made around 100 guns on your character, then you can make CS:S weapons. Then you'd need to use 10 "Junk" guns to craft a single CS:S weapon. But since you put it together with improvised parts the CS:S weapon has a REALLY high chance to jam, so whenever you shoot you need to make sure you roll over 45 [bonuses don't apply] to see if the gun will fire or if it will jam. 
/shrugs Just came up with the idea just now.

Also we could be the first HL2:RP server with a crafting system and a crafting attribute. 
More work for the coders amirite?
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:50 pm

But how will you get those materials? This isn't minecraft, we can't just craft stuff out of our assholes. Even if I had the materials, I wouldn't even know how to do a /me to make it.

/me makes guns to shoot combine.

But you do have a good point, maybe we could come up with something more realistic.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Meleepayne wrote:Idfk that we coded In the CS:S weapons.
IF ALL OF THEM
Are already coded in, then i think maybe we can make it so that after you've gotten used to "Crafting" AKA: Made around 100 guns on your character, then you can make CS:S weapons. Then you'd need to use 10 "Junk" guns to craft a single CS:S weapon. But since you put it together with improvised parts the CS:S weapon has a REALLY high chance to jam, so whenever you shoot you need to make sure you roll over 45 [bonuses don't apply] to see if the gun will fire or if it will jam. 

Also we could be the first HL2:RP server with a crafting system and a crafting attribute. 
Not TF2 jk.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Phenix_360 Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Meleepayne wrote:Idfk that we coded In the CS:S weapons.
IF ALL OF THEM

That's not a bad idea actually but it would take a while before someone gets good at making weapons and it should take a set amount of supplies to make the different homemade weapons.
Phenix_360
Phenix_360

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:07 pm

It is still very unlikely.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:11 pm

I like this whole idea of crafting with /rolls.
Perhaps we could take it somewhere.
If people really feel like going around, and gathering wood pallets, metal buckets, springs, wires, etc., and they actually RPED and /ROLLED every step, perhaps legit ic crafting could be possible. Stick a nail in a board, make a bomb with cleaning chemicals, build on from there.

But wed need a list of all possible things, and the steps/materails itd take to create them.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Noobstrike wrote:I like this whole idea of crafting with /rolls.
If people really feel like going around, and gathering wood pallets, metal buckets, springs, wires, etc., and they actually RPED and /ROLLED every step, perhaps legit ic crafting could be possible. Stick a nail in a board, make a bomb with cleaning chemicals, build on from there.

But wed need a list of all possible things, and the steps/materails itd take to create them.

But then half the server will be making weapons by crafting and then it wouldn't be a hl2rp server anymore, it will be a weapon craft RP server.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:23 pm

Slashraider wrote:
Noobstrike wrote:I like this whole idea of crafting with /rolls.

But then half the server will be making weapons by crafting and then it wouldn't be a hl2rp server anymore, it will be a weapon craft RP server.
What if your caught crafting it's an instant death sentence? Amputation for creation of non-UU weapons.
Not just anyone goes around crafting chemical bombs and spike boards y'know.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:25 pm

It would be good RP and I would +support it, I just don't want to see everyone doing it to get a weapon. It would need to be something HEAVILY watched over so people don't just do /me makes a weapon.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Ok, I got a lot of things to say about this so buckle your seat belts. 
This would be a nice thing to add yes, but we are forgetting the main thing behind City 8 it is within Japan an island secluded from most Asian land meaning weapons would be scarce. The only people using them for this map anyway is the CCA. If a citizen is to get a weapon, he has to kill a CCA unit. 

I think weapons are something that takes away from rp. People feel too powerful when they have them and use them too often to their advantage. Weapons if used properly though can have a good impact on RP aswell. 

I am noticing a lack of fear rp in city 8 and I think it needs to change. Citizens need to realize that they are not always going to get a gun and need to develop their characters. This Post apocalyptic addon would be nice to add in but think about it. It will be in the game, and sooner or later out there along with CS:S and BETA weapons. I think we should stick with what we have, innovate and use it. With enough rp, you could craft some of the CS:S weapons or even some of the HL2 weapons if you wanted. I do like the idea but I think people may abuse it and not do their part on the Rp development side of the weapon because I mean they are weapons and people with access to them will want to get them and get them fast. We can't always trust everybody so with that I am shifting to 

-Support.

I do like the Crafting RP idea but I don't think we should make it anything official it should just be something people decide to do. 
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phenix_360 Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:32 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:Ok, I got a lot of things to say about this so buckle your seat belts. 
This would be a nice thing to add yes, but we are forgetting the main thing behind City 8 it is within Japan an island secluded from most Asian land meaning weapons would be scarce. The only people using them for this map anyway is the CCA. If a citizen is to get a weapon, he has to kill a CCA unit. 

I think weapons are something that takes away from rp. People feel too powerful when they have them and use them too often to their advantage. Weapons if used properly though can have a good impact on RP aswell. 

I am noticing a lack of fear rp in city 8 and I think it needs to change. Citizens need to realize that they are not always going to get a gun and need to develop their characters. This Post apocalyptic addon would be nice to add in but think about it. It will be in the game, and sooner or later out there along with CS:S and BETA weapons. I think we should stick with what we have, innovate and use it. With enough rp, you could craft some of the CS:S weapons or even some of the HL2 weapons if you wanted. I do like the idea but I think people may abuse it and not do their part on the Rp development side of the weapon because I mean they are weapons and people with access to them will want to get them and get them fast. We can't always trust everybody so with that I am shifting to 

-Support.

I do like the Crafting RP idea but I don't think we should make it anything official it should just be something people decide to do. 
That's why The weapons are basically junk and if someone does make one the consequences should be just like if they had any other gun amputation. If one does make a weapon they should get low ammo. The better weapons require more parts and those parts should be more rare. I don't think people should be able to make guns anywhere they want if a citizen sees another person making one or sees them with the parts and tells a CP they should get loyalist points for it. To stop people from abusing it we should make it harder for that person.
Phenix_360
Phenix_360

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down