The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Remove CS:S Weapons EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Remove CS:S Weapons EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Remove CS:S Weapons EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Remove CS:S Weapons EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Remove CS:S Weapons EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Remove CS:S Weapons EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Remove CS:S Weapons EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Remove CS:S Weapons EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Remove CS:S Weapons EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Remove CS:S Weapons EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Remove CS:S Weapons

+6
Silver
Magnum
Masey
Unknown
DIABLO258
General Bravo
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should they be removed?

Remove CS:S Weapons Vote_b2056%Remove CS:S Weapons Vote_b19 56% 
[ 5 ]
Remove CS:S Weapons Vote_b2044%Remove CS:S Weapons Vote_b19 44% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Remove CS:S Weapons Empty Remove CS:S Weapons

Post  General Bravo Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:56 pm

I move that we immediately remove CS:S weapons from the server? Why? Glad you asked.

-No one can use them. Ghosts get a silenced USP and two sniper rifles. None of the other CCA get to use any of them, and resistance elements no longer get weapons at all. 'But bravo, dey cud find dem'. No. Not in City 8. Japan is not known for having AKs and M-16s and Deagles and shit laying around.
-Given the fact that basically no one can use them, they are an unnecessary extra addon that people have to download.
-We have alternatives. The HL2 Beta weapons pack alone has a sniper rifle, a machine gun, and even an AK-47(AR1) and an MP5(SMG2).

For all of the reasons listed above, I believe that the CS:S addon should be removed from the server. If you have a different interpretation of the situation, please post it here.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Remove CS:S Weapons Empty Re: Remove CS:S Weapons

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:01 pm

I agree. They cause to much problems when it comes to "Who gets what".
We should stick with cannon weapons and allitle HL2 beta. I mean after all, have you seen any Combine in HL2 using a P228 or an Mp5? No. You have not.

At least valve has beta videos of combine using some beta weapons. And at least those were going to be considered actual cannon. Not CSS weapons.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Umm... Just because you cant have them doesn't mean they should be removed. The TMP and the USP are simply the SMG and then 9mm modified to be more compact and have a silencer, making them perfect for Ghost. It would simply make no sense to remove them all together...

-Support
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:05 pm

We can remove all but 2 or 3. Its not like Ghost is cannon either. By HL2RP canon, Ghost isnt a real division.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:07 pm

But ask yourself, //Darkpossum\\, do we really REALLY need an entire addon just to support 2 or 3 weapons that get used by a really small number of people, that they might not even miss too much once they're gone?
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:17 pm

+SUPPORT! We don't need this addon anymore, and... well, the points pointed out by Bravo are fairly persuasive. I mean... why, have an addon, that only few can use?

I mean, sure, I love the silenced pistol in the GHOST arsenal..

BUT MAN DIS IS BOSCHITT DEM REBELS CAN'T GET ANY O' DAT SHIT MAYNE
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:21 pm

Sigh, As much as i hate this idea, why dont we just leave it for another map change and keep using the TMP and usp
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Only ghost weapons are okay with me.

I admire your ability to change.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Keeping the USP and the TMP would be fine, but there is absolutely NO reason to remove the entire add-on. From time to time every one of the weapons will become useful, it just makes no sense to remove it for no reason. It is causing no problems to the server itself, and it is extremely useful, even if we only use four of the weapons, there is still no reason to just remove it all together.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Well, explain why it is that we REALLY need to keep the USP and TMP, then. Why is it that we are better off now that we have them? What, of any significance, do they contribute such that we simply MUST keep them around?
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Silenced weapons seem relevant for the Ghost division.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Yeah. They're a bit redundant atm. But, since you don't need to download anything to see them (providing you got CSS), I don't really see why we'd need to remove them. They don't cause errors, so, what's the loss of having them =p? Now we can still use them in very rare circumstances.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:06 pm

I am on the Keep the TMP and USP boat, other than that, it is extreme bs that they are entirely rare yet only one CCA gets them meaning that is where they will be most prevalent. The snipers a military grade, I would vote that we leave atleast have one css sniper in or something Idk though it just seems like css weapons should remain in especially since we were all wanting them in but only a few of them, the most realistic to be in for each map. Aka the TMP and the USP and maybe the Scout for this map ONLY. Say we go into a map that is like russia or something. we could then add the AK47 or something. I think it would be cool to have some form of diversity in the game. Like that one guy you know you don't want to mess with because he has acquired an AK through advanced rp. I really wish there was a keep the realistic weapons that correspond with the setting vote too. Neutral

I think that we should do this instead so it's a more neutral and or balanced thing. because I do agree with magnum slightly when i see like DvL's or HC's walking around with Deagle's and etc.

We should keep the ones in that best fit the map.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:35 am

Silver, we would simply remove the coded item in the CW folder.
But the reason we need to do this is because its to tempting for Units. And there are to many weapon types for a higher up to actually notice the error.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:52 am

[Removed by meleepayne because it's too ragey]

Last edited by Meleepayne on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:50 am

If we don't use them then why keep them? Is there a way where we can keep like the 3 guns we want and get rid of the rest? Or at least make it so that the CCA can't use them but citizens could MAYBE find one or two pre war guns hidden somewhere.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Meleepayne wrote:Theres no legit reason to even keep this shit at all. 
"OH NOES I LOST MY FUCKIN TMP AND MY CSS PISHTUL
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU."
Sorry but that shit really pisses me off, its just bitching and moaning to me, and I REALLY fucking hate bitching and moaning, just wants me to punch your face off. SO HARD.
Remove CS:S Weapons Tumblr_me4oqoWLRS1ry10fwo1_500
For ghosts and they're silenced weapons, their guns are IC silenced.
Snipers? WE HAVE THE COMBINE SNIPER! ITS ACTUALLY A SHIT-TON BETTER THAN CSS SNIPERS IC'LY
It shoots dark matter, and seeing as its a SNIPER it probably goes right through, and dissassembles the shit it hits at the subatomic level [irl you can't destroy atoms but this is HL, not IRL]
And if we're going to keep the addon, how about we just stick all that shit RIGHT into the armory, that way everyone gets they're favorite pistol, everyone gets they're favorite smg, assault rifle, and we have a smoke grenade that doesn't suck ass.
Ok, Melee you really need to stop with these hostile hate posts, I am really getting sick of them. People are not mad that they are loosing css weapons, you never had them on a unit or character so you wouldn't know. It gives you know right to mock people. And see right at the end you contradict yourself, you are saying either I have them or nobody does.

Stop with these posts, thank you.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:15 pm

It really just makes no sense at all to completely remove the addon if it is causing no problems to the server at all. The problem is no the addon, the problem is that admins and SA's are choosing to spawn themselves guns they should not have and then they don't let other people have them. I say we keep the addon but if you ever see and admin+ with a CS:S gun take pics even if they say they got it with legit RP.

Removing it makes no sense at all, we should simply regulate what people are allowed to use and then keep the addon, there you go, problem solved.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:18 pm

//DarkPossum\\ wrote:It really just makes no sense at all to completely remove the addon if it is causing no problems to the server at all. The problem is no the addon, the problem is that admins and SA's are choosing to spawn themselves guns they should not have and then they don't let other people have them. I say we keep the addon but if you ever see and admin+ with a CS:S gun take pics even if they say they got it with legit RP.

Removing it makes no sense at all, we should simply regulate what people are allowed to use and then keep the addon, there you go, problem solved.
Exactly

Can we just keep the CS:S weapons AWAY from the cops and everyone else

Besides if we map switch we WILL have outlands to work with ICly, and then the webuls can have their prewar guns back
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Diablo has already stated that no CCA are getting ANY of the CS:S weapons, save for 3 or 4 weapons that only Ghost division and NO ONE else can use. Oh, and rebels don't get weapons period. That and we're in Japan. You most likely won't find many(if any)of the weapons in the pack laying around. It serves no purpose, it gets whiners like Meleepayne yelling and screaming about why they can't have better lolgunz. They simply are NOT needed. We never needed them before, did we? No, we didn't.

Edit: If you want them around if/when we do another map switch, then we can add them back in AT THAT POINT. It's not like there's no room to go back when it's more sensible to have them around, but now is not that time.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:26 pm

General Bravo wrote:Diablo has already stated that no CCA are getting ANY of the CS:S weapons, save for 3 or 4 weapons that only Ghost division and NO ONE else can use. Oh, and rebels don't get weapons period. That and we're in Japan. You most likely won't find many(if any)of the weapons in the pack laying around. It serves no purpose, it gets whiners like Meleepayne yelling and screaming about why they can't have better lolgunz. They simply are NOT needed. We never needed them before, did we? No, we didn't.

Edit: If you want them around if/when we do another map switch, then we can add them back in AT THAT POINT. It's not like there's no room to go back when it's more sensible to have them around, but now is not that time.
You really going to have diablo remove it when we could simply NOT USE IT AT ALL UNTIL MAP SWITCH?
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:53 pm

I am sure we could remove all but the TMP, USP, Scout and AWP if that is what you really want. I am sure Silver could be more than able to do some gypsy programming stuff and make it so only Diablo can spawn in the other guns and then BAM, problem solved. At this point if anybody has a CS:S gun then you would know they have it because Diablo gave it to them for w/e reason (He probably wouldn't) but still, there is alternatives to removing it all together. Because the silenced weapons are very useful for the Ghost division.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:04 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU."
Sorry but that shit really pisses me off, its just bitching and moaning to me, and I REALLY fucking hate bitching and moaning, just wants me to punch your face off. SO HARD.
Snipers? WE HAVE THE COMBINE SNIPER! ITS ACTUALLY A SHIT-TON BETTER THAN CSS SNIPERS IC'LY
It shoots dark matter, and seeing as its a SNIPER it probably goes right through, and dissassembles the shit it hits at the subatomic level [irl you can't destroy atoms but this is HL, not IRL]
And if we're going to keep the addon, how about we just stick all that shit RIGHT into the armory, that way everyone gets they're favorite pistol, everyone gets they're favorite smg, assault rifle, and we have a smoke grenade that doesn't suck ass.
Ok, Melee you really need to stop with these hostile hate posts, I am really getting sick of them. People are not mad that they are loosing css weapons, you never had them on a unit or character so you wouldn't know. It gives you know right to mock people. And see right at the end you contradict yourself, you are saying either I have them or nobody does.

Yeah, your right, sorry.
I'll keep my rage mode off and use words that still convey the fact that it pisses me off while its still polite.
[Edit] I'm not saying that I get dem gunz or nobody get dem gunz, I don't feel that way and I wouldn't ever be so...I don't have a word for it but the closest I can come to it is idiotic.

Last edited by Meleepayne on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Meleepayne wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU."

Yeah, your right, sorry.
I'll keep my rage mode off and use words that still convey the fact that it pisses me off while its still polite.
Good glad we settled that. Make sure you actually keep you word on this one. Now for my fill in on this whole CS:S thing. Darkpossum does have a relevant point. The only people who are using them are admins, they are spawning them in which shouldn't happen, the only people who should have them IC are rebels under rare circumstance/killing of a ghost unit or ghost units for the TMP, USP and Scout, I disagree with the AWP as it seems more military grade and like it would be destroyed. I don't think ghost units should immediately get to use snipers either, they should atleast have to be 02, and get training following slash's thread about OfC training only it would be the GHOST-DvL instead. If people find them so useless why are we removing them? why not find a way over time to get at least some of those weapons into the game. We are only just starting out on this map. Even though it's supposed to be a realistic setting, this game is not completely RL. Idk just another way to look at it perhaps. Just trying to stay on a middle ground though leaning towards how to keep them in but be fair about it.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Admins aren't spawning these weapons. There is a weapons crate in the ghost overlook. Other weapons are spawned and placed places.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next