The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that?

+9
Mahunik
DIABLO258
Jaquecz
Slashraider
Silver
Gremnkai
Unknown
Corestealer
General Bravo
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 Empty Re: Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that?

Post  DIABLO258 Mon May 27, 2013 8:52 pm

The problem is not the RP with TC.

The RP is determined by the players. So if it truly is the RP, its most of your problems because you are the ones who can change it. I see a lot of bad grammar, or "Void" moments. This stuff should not happen. If we all got serious with our role play like the name suggests and stop going toward the strange and mysterious and stick with our HL2 cannon roots, we wouldn't have this problem.

Another is the lack of disrespect for different factions. Players assume that their character can do anything, at anytime. This is so far from the truth that the truth itself has never even heard the question at hand. CCA Units should not focus on other Units. They should not focus on what Citizens want. They focus on what the UU wants, and only what the UU wants.

Citizens need to Fear RP more, and understand that they are weak. They couldn't take a CCA Unit in a fight, no matter what rank except maybe 06. Even then, its a death sentence because ICly the combine can see the Unit is under attack and we have security cameras everywhere.

Rebels need to focus on rebellion. Like, instead of all of them fighting the CCA with guns a' blazin they would send people into Plaza to slowly get Citizens to have the same mind set. Don't invite them to slums, just get them to see the problem, and see the solution.

Vorts- Well... Don't focus on your powers. That's all I can say about that one.

Rouges, not a good idea anymore. Mainly because they are very powerful and cause regular Rebels to think they are simply pawns that follow the leader. How ever we don't want this. The more rebels that try to take things in their own hands, the more chaos that can unfold. Or just get a leader who is mortal, and is willing to die for them. Seeing a leader die is one of the great things to cause rebellion.

Im really tired from my ride home. So most of this is just conjured up into a very disorganized fashion.
Deal wit it.

EDIT: One of the main problems I know of is that the reward for getting to a rare part of the Game mode has deteriorated. Back when I first played, it was hard to get a gun. It was hard to contact rebels. It was rare to go into D6. It was not easy to avoid PK by the combine.

People get to far into the game to easily. There is no achieved feeling when you reach rebel status, or when you get a weapon, or get so many loyalist points. Peoples see it as a regular thing now, and it shouldn't be. There was a time when the mysterious was the regular. Not two separate things.

EDIT EDIT: Thought bare in mind, these are only a few problems. These are not the major points we should focus on and nothing else. There are other good points out there that many of you are throwing out.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 Empty Re: Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that?

Post  Jaquecz Mon May 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Gremnkai wrote: I never said Lolwebul ONCE in my paragraph.

Gremnkai wrote: if we let everybody into the slums again people will be yelling that and I bet you, you will be the one leading the charge.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Mon May 27, 2013 9:18 pm

You would be leading the charge AGAINST people being in the slums. You misread it.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Mon May 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Ah well, guess my point about the PK's is invalid (no sarcasm here). I'm not saying we shouldn't kill of anymore characters, but we should try to keep each death "meaningful" and having a real impact.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Mon May 27, 2013 9:31 pm

I always try to fit some time in for Hl2rp. Lately everytime I go on now, people are all playing metro rp (which I havent bothered trying yet). We need to focus on making our community fun, not others.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon May 27, 2013 9:33 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:EDIT: One of the main problems I know of is that the reward for getting to a rare part of the Game mode has deteriorated. Back when I first played, it was hard to get a gun. It was hard to contact rebels. It was rare to go into D6. It was not easy to avoid PK by the combine.

People get to far into the game to easily. There is no achieved feeling when you reach rebel status, or when you get a weapon, or get so many loyalist points. Peoples see it as a regular thing now, and it shouldn't be. There was a time when the mysterious was the regular. Not two separate things.

EDIT EDIT: Thought bare in mind, these are only a few problems. These are not the major points we should focus on and nothing else. There are other good points out there that many of you are throwing out.

YES! this is exactly what has happend, it needs to be way harder again. I remember first playing in TC when I first joined, it was a whole different experience, I mean, it just felt so rewarding, such a ride (not saying it isn't now) the thought of not having a weapon or being sweeped and having to hide. When I was first developing Jenny is how I want TC to be like again.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon May 27, 2013 9:35 pm

Mahunik wrote:I always try to fit some time in for Hl2rp. Lately everytime I go on now, people are all playing metro rp (which I havent bothered trying yet). We need to focus on making our community fun, not others.

Exactly. We can turn it back into fun, deep rp experiences full of memory but, if everybody leaves, we can't really do that.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Mon May 27, 2013 10:15 pm

We need to make the time in between these things longer. Sweeps all the time will not be fun.

After a long time of just passive RP, then we sweep again. That shit is intense.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue May 28, 2013 9:23 am

Gremnkai wrote:You would be leading the charge AGAINST people being in the slums. You misread it.

Only people who have clean records and have no reason to be stuck in the slermz [cough] Jill Farkas's clean record [Cough]
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue May 28, 2013 9:33 am

I think that if everyone stops yelling UR AN 05 SO U CANT BE SO MEAN Aehlesagkeslorghreaujhgcskrhcrgxksahkghkgxa1!!!111!!1111!!! RP could be fun, hell 90055 [cergis] went up to me one time for fucking with shitizens, I CANT FUCK WITH SHITIZENS? IM A METROCOP , I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO ASSHOLE THINGS /end caps

But yeah i think the cca should be a fuckton more harsh, for one, citizens actually don't mind us, they have no reason to REALLY hate us, and what ever happened to public amputations? that shit is brutal and screams "CCA IS EVILLLLLLLLL" And then, i think we're punished for going over the top and beating people to death.

Call me a sick fuck, but i like things liek this

CCA butthead is guarding chakpurnt
CCA fagget gets bored
CCA seez shitizen near checkpoint
CCA vents boring frustration on shitizen
CCA Hopes to find shit on him
CCA finds nothing on him
CCA gets mad and beats him
CCA is happy
CCA kicks that homo out
CCA repeats cycle.

[I know that sounded like shit but yeah, sorta what i liek in a cca rp]
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Tue May 28, 2013 9:41 am

A 05 would actually do that.... That seems more like something a 02 or 01 would do. But yeah Public Amputations and hanging would be cool as shit. Maybe give rebels something to sabotage during a hanging/amputation.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue May 28, 2013 10:08 am

Just because some 05/04 tells you to stop being mean doesn't mean you have to. My CCA is super fucking harsh, I make people cry and wish they had picked up the can. (Btw, can cop was probably an 06-04 because he just had a fucking stunstick.) Unless HC tells you to stop, or EpU+ or w/e then you really don't have to. If your character wants to ICly be a douche then go ahead. CCA are supposed to be mean, and they should be.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Tue May 28, 2013 10:15 am

They could be mean but honestly, a lot of them wouldn't. Oh and BTW just because he had a stunstick doesn't mean he is 04-06. CCA are supposed to use their stunstick when they confront a citizen.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Tue May 28, 2013 10:51 am

CCA need to be more mean, w/e rank it does not matter.

As it says in the CCA handboob, ALL if not most CCA unit feel as though they are in a higher position of power comparing themselves to a regular citizen, giving them an excuse to basically abuse civvies. Making it illegal for an 04 + to abuse civvies/be a dick is completely absurd in my opinion, no offense Gremn but I just don't agree with you on that one.
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue May 28, 2013 11:22 am

The idea was SUPPOSED to be that lower ranking CCA are more human, and may not necessarily be as joyful about tormenting every citizen they see the way a higher rank would be, not that it's outright banned. Same when it comes to killing people.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Tue May 28, 2013 11:23 am

Exactly what I was saying Bravo. 04-06 Aren't as brainwashed as 03+ therefore they still feel more human. They still can be dicks just not as badly.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue May 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Gremnkai wrote:They could be mean but honestly, a lot of them wouldn't. Oh and BTW just because he had a stunstick doesn't mean he is 04-06. CCA are supposed to use their stunstick when they confront a citizen.

Nope, I am pretty sure he is 06-04 because he didn't have an SMG, I am pretty sure he just had the 9mm or nothing at all.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Tue May 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Just cause he didn't have a SMG doesn't mean he is 06-04. We don't even know the ranks of CCA or when they unlock the guns Cannon wise.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue May 28, 2013 1:03 pm

In our cannon can cop should have been 06-04.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Tue May 28, 2013 1:06 pm

But. That would change Hl2 Cannon. He could have been a brainwashed 01 in their lore. If we change him to a 05 in our lore to fight in arguments... Dats stupid.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue May 28, 2013 1:30 pm

How could he be a brainwashed 01? It would make the most sense if he was 05 or something.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Tue May 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Not really. But lets stop this argument. Back on topic.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue May 28, 2013 3:27 pm

//DarkPossum\\ wrote:Just because some 05/04 tells you to stop being mean doesn't mean you have to. My CCA is super fucking harsh, I make people cry and wish they had picked up the can. (Btw, can cop was probably an 06-04 because he just had a fucking stunstick.) Unless HC tells you to stop, or EpU+ or w/e then you really don't have to. If your character wants to ICly be a douche then go ahead. CCA are supposed to be mean, and they should be.

If I see you doing it unnecessarily 01 will come up and say "Unit, stop wasting time."
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue May 28, 2013 5:19 pm

G/Briefcase Guy wrote:
//DarkPossum\\ wrote:Just because some 05/04 tells you to stop being mean doesn't mean you have to. My CCA is super fucking harsh, I make people cry and wish they had picked up the can. (Btw, can cop was probably an 06-04 because he just had a fucking stunstick.) Unless HC tells you to stop, or EpU+ or w/e then you really don't have to. If your character wants to ICly be a douche then go ahead. CCA are supposed to be mean, and they should be.

If I see you doing it unnecessarily 01 will come up and say "Unit, stop wasting time."

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 1870920
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Meleepayne wrote:
G/Briefcase Guy wrote:

Server is dead. D-E-A-D, dead. What's up with that? - Page 2 1870920

Meleepayne has a legitimate point, even in the form of a meme.

I don't understand, but... why? I mean... he is SUPPOSED to be a dick.

In our canon, it says basically in stone that, and I quote,.

"CCA Units enjoy the idea of them being of a higher power than citizens. They like to test their skill on them and just treat them like lower grade human beings."

You're supposed to be a dick, even if you're a 06 - 04. End of story.
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next