The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Ammount of PK Complaints. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Ammount of PK Complaints. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Ammount of PK Complaints. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Ammount of PK Complaints. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Ammount of PK Complaints. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Ammount of PK Complaints. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Ammount of PK Complaints. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Ammount of PK Complaints. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Ammount of PK Complaints. EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Ammount of PK Complaints. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Ammount of PK Complaints.

+6
DIABLO258
Trippy
Moose_hater
Unknown
Jaquecz
Precinct Helghast
10 posters

Go down

Agree or no?

Ammount of PK Complaints. Vote_b2058%Ammount of PK Complaints. Vote_b19 58% 
[ 7 ]
Ammount of PK Complaints. Vote_b2025%Ammount of PK Complaints. Vote_b19 25% 
[ 3 ]
Ammount of PK Complaints. Vote_b2017%Ammount of PK Complaints. Vote_b19 17% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

Ammount of PK Complaints. Empty Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Precinct Helghast Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:43 pm

Im starting to get annoyed with all of these complaints because most cause flame and sometimes you just gotta let go instead of bringing everyone down with you I know its hard loosing chars but you just have to go with it.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Ammount of PK Complaints. Empty Yeppers

Post  Jaquecz Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:44 am

Yeah, honestly when i lost mark i was thinking of calling bs and making a forum post about getting him back, and because of the way i entered the sweep that killed him, I'm fairly sure i could've gotten him back. But really that would've created drama most likely and tbh i was kind of getting sick of mark.
Although i got to see Kelly's purple panties >Very Happy
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Ammount of PK Complaints. Empty Re: Ammount of PK Complaints.

Post  Precinct Helghast Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:46 am

Meleepayne wrote:Yeah, honestly when i lost mark i was thinking of calling bs and making a forum post about getting him back, and because of the way i entered the sweep that killed him, I'm fairly sure i could've gotten him back. But really that would've created drama most likely and tbh i was kind of getting sick of mark.
Although i got to see Kelly's purple panties >Very Happy

#Purple Panties
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:48 am

To be honest my char 62190 got killed and I didn't complain all over the forums about it, I just went with it.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:50 am

Usually its not the CCA getting killed, its the well developed, oh-so-sweet, intelligent, charming, rebels. If they dont get killed right, then they make a forum post about it. (RYAN REEVES) I made a forum post about mine because I was lol teleported and not teleported back, after I had been RDM'd.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Ammount of PK Complaints. Empty Ok, guys common.

Post  Trippy Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:56 am

OK, guys. Really if someone is to feel there death was bullshit, like Greek or Austin. Man i just lost Kelly due to my own stupid reason she was one year old ooc. How do you think I felt i fucked up ic and lost her due to G-Man, but really if you feel your death was bullshit. Come and tell others post it and make a vote, I say its perfectly fine if you feel you were cheated.
Trippy
Trippy
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:09 pm

'Lupus' wrote:OK, guys. Really if someone is to feel there death was bullshit, like Greek or Austin. Man i just lost Kelly due to my own stupid reason she was one year old ooc. How do you think I felt i fucked up ic and lost her due to G-Man, but really if you feel your death was bullshit. Come and tell others post it and make a vote, I say its perfectly fine if you feel you were cheated.

Okay I have already voted on the poll but you have a good point here and I wish I could change my vote.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:39 pm

What people need to understand is that you are not in control of your characters story when you interact with other players. You think that its all gonna be okay, and that you can manipulate anything that happens around you so that you stay safe, you are wrong. If the CCA want you dead, you are dead. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, its best to understand that the only way out is death, so you might as well go out like a bad ass.

I personally haven't had any of my characters have real deaths. And I can tell you for sure that it is not the way you want to go. Its like living past the age of 100. You are kind of just sitting there wishing you'de die because you are so old and so over played that you just don't want to get up. My characters are so old to me, and so over due their death periods that I know have to plan their deaths because they are so out of the loop. No one knows who Joe Partell really is, because I never get to play him. So I adjusted his story to be a out of his mind character who hides in corners and doesnt talk a lot. Apex is a man who has reached breaking point and has become pure evil, even to some of his Units. He is mad.

Now to people who knew the Apex when he was Enlisted, he was a very very friendly Unit. The most loved in fact. Who would kill that? So I changed him, he is evil. He hurts people. He changed to what everyone wanted him to stay away from. And I love my characters, their stories are my favorite. But they have to die. They need to. A story is never complete without an ending. And the only way to leave TheCrew's story, is to die.

--

And if you think that when your character dies, that you are at fault and you deserve to have that character back, well take a look at the people before you. I always love to use Jared as an example. Jared was once the leader of the Rebel faction. So well known, he had books written of him. So powerful, I am pretty sure he traveled into a different dimension at one point (which is so far off cannon don't get me started). But Jared was almost a year old, I think. I'm not entirely sure, but he was very old and very respected. He died. How? He was decapitated in public, in the plaza, in front of citizens, executed personally by the SeC (at the time D-Lop).

So, if you think your death wasn't right. Or it wasn't what you had planned. Think of Jared. He had a lot of plans for that character, but instead the CCA wanted him dead, so they pulled his head off in front of everyone. Jmannon00b1, who played as Jared, left TC. Mainly because of this.

I guess my point is, do not try and control your death. Expect it. At any time. Keep your characters safe. Do not do anything drastic if you want to stay alive. And trust no one. The more people you interact with, the more Drama you will get into. Meaning, the more they will want to kill you, or the more CCA will notice. But, this is all up to you, that's the beauty of it.

Oh and if you FearRP correctly, you are most likely to live longer.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Well seeing as almost absolutely no one died in downfall yesterday...
And they probably cleaned up 1000 pounds of debree in the slums of magically already...

Makes me wonder.
What if we just sped up the whole process.
Make it easier to die. You can be p'ked from an S2M fight or a well thrown grenade. or you can die from just not getting medRP after injury.
make it much easier to die- yet make it easier to become a refugee again.
With the amount of people dieing rebel leaders would want more people, who would in turn die soon anyway. And it's just a cycle. Same goes for OTA, just no PK's. Easier to die tho. Then with the constant stream of death, there'd be less supplies, harder on new rebels. And with the potential of dieing so easy, maybe people would just stay in the plaza for once.

Now high placed old chars like Erica, Phantom, Nick, and on the opposite end SeC,APEX,CmD, DvL's wouldn't die so easily, as they are much harder to "Replace." + they have training/experience/augs/kevlar/stuff to survive.

But maybe we make a cycle for the foot soldier grunts for the people dieing to get in the tunnels, and then they relise something about being a grunt rebel.

*Scout Voice*

This sucks!
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Noobstrike wrote:Well seeing as almost absolutely no one died in downfall yesterday...
And they probably cleaned up 1000 pounds of debree in the slums of magically already...

Makes me wonder.
What if we just sped up the whole process.
Make it easier to die. You can be p'ked from an S2M fight or a well thrown grenade. or you can die from just not getting medRP after injury.
make it much easier to die- yet make it easier to become a refugee again.
With the amount of people dieing rebel leaders would want more people, who would in turn die soon anyway. And it's just a cycle. Same goes for OTA, just no PK's. Easier to die tho. Then with the constant stream of death, there'd be less supplies, harder on new rebels. And with the potential of dieing so easy, maybe people would just stay in the plaza for once.

Now high placed old chars like Erica, Phantom, Nick, and on the opposite end SeC,APEX,CmD, DvL's wouldn't die so easily, as they are much harder to "Replace." + they have training/experience/augs/kevlar/stuff to survive.

But maybe we make a cycle for the foot soldier grunts for the people dieing to get in the tunnels, and then they relise something about being a grunt rebel.

*Scout Voice*

This sucks!
No, I'd rather have a good developed character in the slums, then a citizen who got refugee in 2 minutes. I don't really agree with anything you just said.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:33 pm

I have thought about making it a Team Death match sort of thing. If the CCA are going to do a raid, the Rebels and CCA enter into a Team Death match game mode, where when the first shot is heard, you can aim how ever you'de like without Rolls.

Now this is why I removed the cross hair, because it would make TDM a lot harder, because your accuracy goes down.

But if this were to happen, it would mean Higher ups, CmD+ do not go into battle nearly as often. They can die from a head shot like anyone else. So DvL's would go in with their Units and fight.

This would also mean that some people would get carried away. Like if one CCA meats one Rebel, the CCA would kill him instantly and call Team Death match. Which wouldnt work, you would still Roll for one on ones, or two on two's. But large scale battles could be TDM.

It would take some thought, but its possible.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Honestly, i find that to be a horrible idea. I anticipate mass PKs on both sides via headshots, explosives, and spammed flashbangs. And then no one will ever want to fight, knowing that is what would happen every engagement. That, and we'd have nothing but 06s and High Command after the first handful of fights like that.

Yes, something needs to be done about the excessive slums circlejerks. I thought Downfall would do it, but I was horribly wrong. Yes, some CCA need to realize that they aren't indestructible tanks. But turning engagements into Call of Duty, everyone deliberately trying to kill each other, with the "all deaths in D6 are permanent" clause, it would not go well.

Last edited by UnitBravo342 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 pm

And that is exactly where I reached problems. People would die to easily, and the motivation to develop a fully fleshed out character would be in vain due to how easy it is to die.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:06 pm

But thing is in RP it IS easy to die.
In hl2, look at the rebels.
When they die by a hunter do you see them respawn and start argueing with it?
No.
Theres just 200 other footgrunts through the game who replace them.
Where do they come from?
IDFK.
But they are there, and there are alot of them, and alot of them, do die.

And moose, you can still develop a character.
But because you develop your invinceable?
Maybe. After like 1 year OOCLY of training, experimenting, and experience.

But why do none of the relativly unexperienced rebels ever die?

The life expectancy of a new rebel would be super short.
Outgunned.
Out trained.
Scared.
Outnumbered.

And with new people coming in and out, the rebels would have that someone organized militia feel it's supposed to.
Plus y'know.
FearRP.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Everyone, i have a idea

WE COMPLETLY RESET ALL CHARACTERS

This usually works, we can remake dem and shitz
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Well I always thought Refugees should be unarmed. Like, for real. I don't know how all these Refugees get weapons, but they usually only have melee weapons. And if the CCA out number the Refugee or Rebel, they can PG. So, killing someone who has gone solo is easy. Its taking people out in large groups that is hard.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:53 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:Well I always thought Refugees should be unarmed. Like, for real. I don't know how all these Refugees get weapons, but they usually only have melee weapons. And if the CCA out number the Refugee or Rebel, they can PG. So, killing someone who has gone solo is easy. Its taking people out in large groups that is hard.

Dis is true, my refugee only had a lead pipe/makeshift spear/survival knife and a pistol with no ammo
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Hey, the only reason I am debating about Ryan Reeves is because at the point in time it was PGing and it was very fail. To me, it is up to Diablo and Diablo alone to decide whether or not the character should be dead. I have made my points on the post, and so has Chris. Melee, Brief, and whoever that other guy was that disagreed with me only said, "LOLNO HE IS DEAD." The point is, when I made that, I didn't want a poll. I wanted somebody to debate the idea and give an educated opinion arguing against all of my points. I don't want to have a group chat, as that gets us nowhere. I want yourself, Diablo, to decide on this.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Burnt Leaf wrote:Hey, the only reason I am debating about Ryan Reeves is because at the point in time it was PGing and it was very fail. To me, it is up to Diablo and Diablo alone to decide whether or not the character should be dead. I have made my points on the post, and so has Chris. Melee, Brief, and whoever that other guy was that disagreed with me only said, "LOLNO HE IS DEAD." The point is, when I made that, I didn't want a poll. I wanted somebody to debate the idea and give an educated opinion arguing against all of my points. I don't want to have a group chat, as that gets us nowhere. I want yourself, Diablo, to decide on this.

Dis isnt the place for this, leafy, go talk to diablo
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum