The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

The matter on the character Ryan Reeves.

+5
Jaquecz
Chris10023
Magnum
Moose_hater
Burnt Leaf
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. Empty The matter on the character Ryan Reeves.

Post  Burnt Leaf Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Ladies and gentlmen of TC, I would like to FINALLY discuss the topic on the character known as Ryan Reeves on our server. I sadly do not have logs. I sadly do not have screenshots. But apparently everyone is telling the same story. They are telling the same exact story as to why or why NOT Reeves should be PK'ed. I would like to debate the matter here. Now if anyone knows me, I have been known to overreact on a certain character's PK/NLR back on SoTA.

Now allow me to bring up some points on this whole "PK" bit.

1. The OTA that had killed the character used something called Dark Matter. Although it IS canon for an OTA unit to use Dark Ball energy, it is NOT canon for an OTA unit of his division/rank to use it. As written on every wiki, shown in every HL2 episode, only the WHITE OTA units, AKA the KING units, may use Dark Ball energy. Even though it is stated that BLADE units are the moreso heavily equipped, KING units just so happen to be the ELITE units. Which group would you trust a death machine towards? The ELITES of course.

2. Chris/Ghost DvL was the one who had carried me into the Nexus. However, he seems to ignore the fact about how about 5 rebels were shooting at him from rooftops and everything. He did not care to RP that fact and his character had walked non-chalantly towards the Nexus unphased. This point may be proven by the SA known as Noobstrike, and hte two users known as HollerHavoc and DARION. THose are the three that I can name off of the top of my head, however there may be more that can agree with this point.

3. THis is the matter of the whole weapons problem. You see, the DvL did not RP taking away my weapons. This was agreed upon by Noobstrike. I had all of my weapons on hand IC, but Chris refused to give them to me. Obviously showing some sort of bias towards the situation. We ended up having to make a compromise. Why? Because my RPG was "too big" to go unnoticed and unlooted. WHich is FAIR. But the entire time, Chris was complaining about weapons which sparked a fire which I have coined as the "META ARMY."

4. "The Meta Army." You see, Chris does deny this, so when asked, he will blatantly lie. However I give him the benefit of the doubt of not noticing. You see, he was RPing with the OTA as I tried to escape, with no luck due to the locked cell door. However, as we were getting into a REALLY BAD argument in OOC, by my count, which Hollerhavoc and many others that had seen may agree, were about 8 CPs piling in. Might I add DESTROYING ratio, and being completely unfair and un-RPed. Not only that, but 4 of them had been an OTA, TWO DvLs, and the SeC. The SeC left after a little while, but was replaced by an OfC. The rest were enlisted and I believe one was an EpU. True, IC there are thousands of CPs in the Nexus. But on the server we agreed upon ratio. The ratio was broken, and all units were inside while we had TONS of new players entering and leaving due to lack of RP because the CPs were not doing their job for an HOUR.

5. At one point, I was gased. Smoke grenade no less. Not toxic in any way, but disorienting. I had RPed trying to stay up. I have many books. And when he had thrown in the smoke bomb, I had read that smoke bombs do not, in fact, harm you, but moreso harm your vision and give you a coughing fit. Then he had tried to make the argument that it was nerve gas, which it is not IC, but I played along. I had breathed into my leather gloves IC, which when it comes to most gases, that is fairly effective. FOr example, posionous gases such as Mustard Gas was easily avoided by pissing into a thin strip of cloth and breathing into that. Leather is a very thick material and it is much better than cloth. Breathing into that would, sure, make me dizzy, which I RPed. I also RPed blurred vision, and I was in a coughing fit. He still chose to state it was failRP in LOOC. For 20 minuites.

6. One of the most BASIC rules in ANY RP server is the idea of mingerunning. Minge running took place. At one point, an OTA unit, the GHOST DvL, and an 04 whose name I cannot remember, had come into the cell with me. Again, I had weapons, so I resorted to something. I pulled a grenade. Fairly reasonable, yes? I kept it in hand and made a threat to blow all four of us. Of course it was mainly empty, but still a threat none the less. While I was making that statement, the DvL walked out, along with the 04, without RPing it. Afterwards, he had locked the door. Problem is, as many can see, is that he technically minge ran during a combat situation. That is a very high offense. And due to the fact that OTA have no emotion of any kind, the OTA was unphased and remained inside. And as I was arguing over LOOC about the whole mingerunning bit, the OTA unit switched to dark ball energy, which in CANON he is not allowed to use, and fired it.

I would also like to make a statement saying.... Yes, on our server we ALWAYS break canon of some sort. But not to the point in which it is WAY too unfair.

Now that many of you have seen MY Side of the argument, I would like to hear everyone's counterpoint. Please, go ahead and argue. I want to hear everything.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. Empty Re: The matter on the character Ryan Reeves.

Post  Moose_hater Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:47 pm

No, your dead. There is nothing else to say. You got killed in a sweep just like everyone else did, no.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. Empty Re: The matter on the character Ryan Reeves.

Post  Burnt Leaf Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Moose_hater wrote:No, your dead. There is nothing else to say. You got killed in a sweep just like everyone else did, no.

Excuse me. But did you even read? My point is that the death was failRP. And it is controversial as it is. Please provide a nice explanation. Although, if I am not mistaken, your character was the 04. If I am wrong, then I apologize.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Dude, you do this everytime your rebel dies, you did it with punk, now reeves, just go with it, you dont see me complaining about brendan
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Magnum wrote:Dude, you do this everytime your rebel dies, you did it with punk, now reeves, just go with it, you dont see me complaining about brendan

Yes, i get the point, but he's dead, thats just how it goes
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Alright here to clarify.

1. I've seen plenty of OTA use Dark matter energy balls, so he had them because most OTA's use them.

2. the rebels on the rooftop was done rather poorly, as there wasn't an /it describing it, also most of the rebels were behind me rather than above me. I was shot but again no /it saying what direction the shot came from, or where I was hit, so I RPed it hitting me in the chest.

3. well when a character is tied anything he has equipped is dropped, so most of your weapons were dropped.

4. that "Meta Army" was there because the detainment block does have windows, you can see into the area from the armory location, plus there is a window on the hallway leading to the Nexus entrance/detainment block/CmD's office, so they could have seen it from there.

5. Now I don't know if Reeves had the knowledge about WWI or not, but I'm pretty sure a leather glove isn't a piss soaked cloth, while leather is a think material, it wouldn't create a perfect vacuum to escape the gas, so you'd be gassed either way.

6. Well for one I was right next to the door so /me slowly leaves wouldn't be needed
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 am

The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. R9bg
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 pm

I don't mind if Reeves dies dude. I mind about how it is done. I am complaining because failRP is one of my biggest quirks.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:10 pm

Personally I think Ryan should just remain dead but if Diablo does think that Ryan was killed wrongly what do you want to happen? Change the map and reenact the whole scenario JUST for you? Void the whole situation all the way down to when Stinger was caught? Void that Ryan was ever there so basically Austin, Rose, and Stinger would have died?
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Or perhaps we may void the bit where I was knocked out by a grenade. WHich I have called BS on multiple occasions. For example, during the fight. I threw a grenade which was right next to them. They came out fine. They did the same. I was knocked out. There was no P2L or Rolling implemented at all. Just void that and the argument is over.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:16 pm

If we void that then a entirely new outcome could have happened then we would have to reenact this whole thing by switching back to C18...
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Untrue. They were all about to run away anyways. Nothing would change besides one character living and there wouldn't be any controversy about it. What new outcome would you expect? Me going up to an OTA, DvL, and a GHOST 03 alone in a Mexican standoff? No. Of course not. I think it is just a simple compromise. Or maybe we could just say I escaped in between the City switch. Not too complicated. Right? We don't have to switch anything. I am not asking for attention or anything.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Burnt Leaf wrote:Or perhaps we may void the bit where I was knocked out by a grenade. Which I have called BS on multiple occasions. For example, during the fight. I threw a grenade which was right next to them. They came out fine. They did the same. I was knocked out. There was no P2L or Rolling implemented at all. Just void that and the argument is over.

you mean the grenade that accidentally killed the OTA unit? how about the 03 OTA npc's you randomly killed without showing any form of FearRP

EDIT: Also if you were claiming bullshit on the whole you got knocked out by the grenade, why didn't you bring it up when it happened? this is the first time I've heard you complain about it, and I was near it but not close enough to be hurt by it.
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:41 pm

True. I did not fearRP towards the NPCs. I did not notice at the time you were drawing their fire. Because, as most would agree, it is fairly difficult to RP with an NPC while that NPC s shooting at your face. Also, I did make that argument when it happened. It may have been cut off which is reasonable. Also, I was mistaken i thinking that the rebels were in the area I ran to. Thinking we had a fair fight. Again, I was mistaken. I apologize for not RPing with the NPCs. But still, I call BS on the whole matter. I could have said that the balcony you were standing oncollapsed due to the grenade. But I did not. Can we just void the whole encounter, o must we argue more?
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. Empty LOL

Post  Jaquecz Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Nope, we will not argue any moar. Ryan is ded, i think you should just let go of that mute man who likes to spit on the ground in place of a conversation, its just ONE CHARACTER MANG.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Moose_hater Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Meleepayne wrote:Nope, we will not argue any moar. Ryan is ded, i think you should just let go of that mute man who likes to spit on the ground in place of a conversation, its just ONE CHARACTER MANG.
Ok, you didn't have to be so rude, but I agree/ this should of been a poll, but it doesn't really matter because your not really arguing about anything? You don't care if Ryan dies but your complaining about the fail rp was used to kill you. You don't want anything to happen to those who fail rp'd so I really don't understand the point Greek is trying to state.
Moose_hater

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:30 am

Moose_hater wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:Nope, we will not argue any moar. Ryan is ded, i think you should just let go of that mute man who likes to spit on the ground in place of a conversation, its just ONE CHARACTER MANG.
Ok, you didn't have to be so rude, but I agree/ this should of been a poll, but it doesn't really matter because your not really arguing about anything? You don't care if Ryan dies but your complaining about the fail rp was used to kill you. You don't want anything to happen to those who fail rp'd so I really don't understand the point Greek is trying to state.

Yeah i was being a bit rude, but i was just being straight with it. Every time i've seen him or tryed to engage in conversation with reeves, all i get is: /me spits on the ground. srsly.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Reeves was a silent character. He was meant to die in the first place. You see, we all have characters in this server. And what is the point of those characters? To create a story and continue that story over time until yo uget a good development. EIther that or have a background character. Plus Melee, my character spit on the ground when speaking to everyone. In fact, he always spoke his mind whenever he wanted to. Maybe he didn't speak to you because he didn't respect you. And the reason as to why this isn't a poll is because everyone would vote without having any reason. For once I want to have an educated ebate rather than "OOH! I VOTE THIS! HLARGHA!"
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:29 pm

Burnt Leaf wrote:Reeves was a silent character. He was meant to die in the first place. You see, we all have characters in this server. And what is the point of those characters? To create a story and continue that story over time until yo uget a good development. EIther that or have a background character. Plus Melee, my character spit on the ground when speaking to everyone. In fact, he always spoke his mind whenever he wanted to. Maybe he didn't speak to you because he didn't respect you. And the reason as to why this isn't a poll is because everyone would vote without having any reason. For once I want to have an educated ebate rather than "OOH! I VOTE THIS! HLARGHA!"
1.Totally a shot at me
2. If reeves was meant to die in the first place, then WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO BRING HIM BACK SO HARD?
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:49 pm

I TOLD YOU WHY! UNNECCESSRY CAPS LOCK! But seriusly. Every well developed character dies at some point. Phantom will die one day too. So will X-Ray. So will SIma Yi. So will Erica Wittman. So will Rose Darion. Everybody dies in this game dude. But my point is that it is not his time, and the way he was killed was failRP as I had explained earlier.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Burnt Leaf wrote:I TOLD YOU WHY! UNNECCESSRY CAPS LOCK! But seriusly. Every well developed character dies at some point. Phantom will die one day too. So will X-Ray. So will SIma Yi. So will Erica Wittman. So will Rose Darion. Everybody dies in this game dude. But my point is that it is not his time, and the way he was killed was failRP as I had explained earlier.

AKA: I dont want reeves to die even though i made a decison that would get him killed over the other resistance members.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

The matter on the character Ryan Reeves. Empty You could not have survived.

Post  Precinct Helghast Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:55 pm

C18 Nexus, ICly thousands of CCA and OTA and you cannot survive the dark energy # You will not survive -UnitBravo #takeovertheworldforbravo

Briefcases Characters

OTA-BLADE-OWS.23811 - Getting hit by dark energy

Rick Harvard -
Enjoying the life as a loyalist
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Briefy. I said earlier, that BLADE units may not use dark energy. And even though there are THOUSANDS ICly, that gives them NO excuse to break ratio just to make sure I stay around. Also, Melee, stop being a doucher. Seriously. You are starting to sound like a dick. No offense.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Burnt Leaf wrote:Briefy. I said earlier, that BLADE units may not use dark energy. And even though there are THOUSANDS ICly, that gives them NO excuse to break ratio just to make sure I stay around. Also, Melee, stop being a doucher. Seriously. You are starting to sound like a dick. No offense.

ok calling Briefcase Guy a doucher isn't going to help you, so quit, we don't insult people here. Same with calling Melee a dick.
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:25 pm

To be honest Noob did post this before on the Division summaries page
"Echo augments maybe.
Not king augments.
KING units are ECHOS that are somehow physically better in the field to deserve ar2-orb training and a superior suit and augments.
They aren't as mass produced, but still out there...
So a king would probably be at DvL level, if not CmD level.
trufax." So yeah.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next