The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
How to be a rebel? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
How to be a rebel? EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
How to be a rebel? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
How to be a rebel? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
How to be a rebel? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
How to be a rebel? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
How to be a rebel? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
How to be a rebel? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
How to be a rebel? EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
How to be a rebel? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

How to be a rebel?

+7
That Generous Fish
DIABLO258
Mahunik
Gremnkai
Precinct Helghast
Archimedes
KeviQc2
11 posters

Go down

How to be a rebel? Empty How to be a rebel?

Post  KeviQc2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Hey guys, I joined the server like 2 days ago and I wanted to ask: How do you become a rebel (resistance) ?

I know I'm new, I just have 3hours 50minutes on the server, but is it possible to be a rebel without being an asshole (sorry for the word: asshole)!! I mean killing citizen for no reason...

Thanks for answering me as soon as possible! Very Happy

Last edited by KeviQc2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I want to be a rebel.)
KeviQc2
KeviQc2

Back to top Go down

How to be a rebel? Empty Re: How to be a rebel?

Post  Archimedes Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:04 pm

https://thecrew.forumotion.com/t30-resistance-handbook

Spend some time to familiarize yourself with the site. 99% of what you need to know about anything relating to hl2RP is written somewhere in our forums in the properly labeled sections. If you have further questions after reading the guide feel free to make posts about them.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  KeviQc2 Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Archimedes wrote:https://thecrew.forumotion.com/t30-resistance-handbook

Spend some time to familiarize yourself with the site. 99% of what you need to know about anything relating to hl2RP is written somewhere in our forums in the properly labeled sections. If you have further questions after reading the guide feel free to make posts about them.

Thanks for answering me Archimedes!
KeviQc2
KeviQc2

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:09 pm

How to be a rebel? 34407780
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Didn't Diablo say that there wasn't anyone else to be allowed in the slums until a few of the rebels and refugees in there die off?
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Yes but that doesn't mean he can build up an affiliation with know rebels. Not all rebel rp is in the slums, in fact only a fraction of it should be.

Refugees are people forced to the slums, rebels are people plotting against the CCA. If anything the only people who should spend time in the slums are refugees.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

How to be a rebel? Empty Wefugees.

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Anti-citizens should start sending rcts ect into the city and be a spy ect. If one dies = 1 more space.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:21 pm

Archimedes wrote:Yes but that doesn't mean he can build up an affiliation with know rebels. Not all rebel rp is in the slums, in fact only a fraction of it should be.

Refugees are people forced to the slums, rebels are people plotting against the CCA. If anything the only people who should spend time in the slums are refugees.

Not as easy as you think. No rebels even dare to step foot in the plaza anymore simply because it's too easy to get meta'd and noticed. It's almost a death wish to walk around in the plaza nowadays.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

How to be a rebel? Empty More promotions.

Post  Precinct Helghast Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Mahunik wrote:
Archimedes wrote:Yes but that doesn't mean he can build up an affiliation with know rebels. Not all rebel rp is in the slums, in fact only a fraction of it should be.

Not as easy as you think. No rebels even dare to step foot in the plaza anymore simply because it's too easy to get meta'd and noticed. It's almost a death wish to walk around in the plaza nowadays.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Yeah, rebels have it tough. Which is why I am confused at why people want to be them so much.

But, to become a rebel, I want you to atleast play as many other factions, rather than jump into a serious one instantly. Try familiarizing yourself with the CCA, citizens, Biotics, CWU, and others. One thing that dissapoints me is hardly anything goes for Loyalists anymore. They have immense power compared to a citizen, and are basically HVT's to the Rebels, in which the CCA will try to protect.

There is fun and action on both sides. People just don't think the other side will be fun.
Trust me. CCA RP can be fun as hell. Nothing like going into slums and having to evac because you are outnumbered by rebels. Or getting a successful Amputation to a high ranking Rebel icon.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  That Generous Fish Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:50 am

Briefcase guy wrote:How to be a rebel? 34407780

Actually. My first rebel was like.. Pulled into the slums by force and then she was recruited directly into the force.
That Generous Fish
That Generous Fish

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:12 am

My rebel was dragged in against his will, previously being a loyalist. Course, he wound up with someone's gun to his head and had a change of, I guess ideology. Then he just kinda survived until getting recruited. I wouldn't call it the best way, but such a turnaround of a character makes the RP a bit more interesting than just setting out trying to rebel day one. Especially since doing that results in death.

Last edited by UnitBravo342 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 am

My first rebel was a refugee who made a break for the slums for minor crimes that accumulated. Then a sweep was called to retrieve me (which was weird cause I wasn't a threat). After 2 hours of rp he is now CCA-C18-NXS.002.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:24 pm

How do you even become a refugee if the slums are prop blocked??? Becuase I kinda want to make a one of my chars a rebel but I would want him to be a refugee first but in order to be a refugee you kinda have to get into the slums...
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:44 pm

darkpossum95 wrote:How do you even become a refugee if the slums are prop blocked??? Becuase I kinda want to make a one of my chars a rebel but I would want him to be a refugee first but in order to be a refugee you kinda have to get into the slums...

First off you actually need a reason to hide from the combine, have you done something bad? are you on the run? etc... then you have to either rp escaping, or you have to find a way to sneak past, although once in its more than likely Rose Darion will think your a lolwebul or some shit. If you can, try avoiding the rebels if your on the run. mang.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 pm

My refugee lasted around the WHOLE lifespan of TC, then got caught by OTA's during a silent sweep
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:38 pm

Meleepayne wrote:
then you have to either rp escaping, or you have to find a way to sneak past, although once in its more than likely Rose Darion or Reggie and Tyrone will think your a lolwebul or some shit. If you can, try avoiding the rebels if your on the run. mang.
Fixed.
Yeah, those silent sweeps do wonders. We should have more. Enhances fearRP since you never know when they're coming. Regular sweeps have nice loud blaring alarms to warn you.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:02 pm

UnitBravo342 wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:
then you have to either rp escaping, or you have to find a way to sneak past, although once in its more than likely Rose Darion or Reggie and Tyrone will think your a lolwebul or some shit. If you can, try avoiding the rebels if your on the run. mang.
Fixed.
Yeah, those silent sweeps do wonders. We should have more. Enhances fearRP since you never know when they're coming. Regular sweeps have nice loud blaring alarms to warn you.

And noone gave a fuck at ALL about meh D:
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:34 pm

I'm sorry, who are you, exactly?
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:55 am

Something interesting possibly.

I have yet to make a Rebel character. Joe Partell isn't a rebel. He should be, but he turned it down. In fact, he has shot two armed CCA Units. He shot at them while with Krystal in City 8. When transferred to City 18 with the rest of them, a unit "accidently" removed all of his positive points. So he stayed low, to not attract attention.

So I have not experienced Rebel RP yet.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down