The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
The amount of plaza RP is non-existent EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
The amount of plaza RP is non-existent EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
The amount of plaza RP is non-existent EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
The amount of plaza RP is non-existent EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
The amount of plaza RP is non-existent EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
The amount of plaza RP is non-existent EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
The amount of plaza RP is non-existent EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
The amount of plaza RP is non-existent EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
The amount of plaza RP is non-existent EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
The amount of plaza RP is non-existent EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

The amount of plaza RP is non-existent

+7
General Bravo
Gremnkai
Magnum
Noobstrike
Archimedes
Alpha Dog the Noobstriked
Jaquecz
11 posters

Go down

The amount of plaza RP is non-existent Empty The amount of plaza RP is non-existent

Post  Jaquecz Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Honestly after marko died [spawned in the middle of a sweep D:] i switched to berkley and had no one to roleplay with. At ALL. the plaza is completely empty and the only roleplayers who are good and aren't minges are in the slums.

It's the most boring thing ever. also the CCA need to start guarding the checkpoints more often so miscounts aren't always happening 24/7
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

The amount of plaza RP is non-existent Empty Re: The amount of plaza RP is non-existent

Post  Alpha Dog the Noobstriked Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Meleepayne wrote:Honestly after marko died [spawned in the middle of a sweep D:] i switched to berkley and had no one to roleplay with. At ALL. the plaza is completely empty and the only roleplayers who are good and aren't minges are in the slums.

It's the most boring thing ever. also the CCA need to start guarding the checkpoints more often so miscounts aren't always happening 24/7

I'd come on the server and RP with you as long as you liked, I know how boring plaza RP can be since you mindlessly walk around in a circle and not do a thing until you get beaten by a CCA unit. But there are some complications restricting me from RPing for now.

Back to top Go down

The amount of plaza RP is non-existent Empty Re: The amount of plaza RP is non-existent

Post  Archimedes Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:01 pm

I see where this is coming from because it is true. I think we should establish a slums ratio just as there is a CCA ratio. Also Maunik, Noobstrike, and other rebel leaders have to either lessen the number of rebels or the number of ones tat are always in the slums. What ever happened to the undercover rebels, the ones that watched the plaza and CCA's movements?
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 pm

Me and Unit made a solution like an hour ago.
A gang.
Reggie and Tyrone are gonna recruit some people, 5 at most, and weve formed a gang called black list.
They do dumb things, do not rob rebels, and rob the combine and lolwebuls for a profit. Anti-lolwebul system thats totally IC and realistic, and wont cause admins fighting with players about why people belong there or not. Maybe people will actually be SCARED of slums now because they know everything they own could get stolen.
Oh yeah.
The gang forces victims to drink bleach.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Noobstrike wrote:Me and Unit made a solution like an hour ago.
A gang.
Reggie and Tyrone are gonna recruit some people, 5 at most, and weve formed a gang called black list.
They do dumb things, do not rob rebels, and rob the combine and lolwebuls for a profit. Anti-lolwebul system thats totally IC and realistic, and wont cause admins fighting with players about why people belong there or not. Maybe people will actually be SCARED of slums now because they know everything they own could get stolen.
Oh yeah.
The gang forces victims to drink bleach.

Would it require me to make a black guy
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:27 pm

I just hope that the group doesn't attack actual people that got into the slums with RP even if they haven't joined the rebels.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Most of the people who "get in with RP" lately are "lol i jumpd ovar checkpoint b cauz no one wuz there so jumped over can i has rebel nao?". That's the kind of shit we're looking to weed out. In such cases where one has actually gotten there legitly, and can have someone else prove that, then they won't necessarily be exempt, to help keep the fear element of this whole thing up, but they won't be priority targets either.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Make a list in the resistance faction that sows whos part of what groups and who should be in the slums
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Burnt Leaf Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:18 am

Wanna know WHY we don't have plaza RP? Because there is never a CP doing his JOB! I have BARELY ever seen a CP guarding checkpoints! Its ridiculous! I TRY to plaza RP. But there is nothing to do becaue everything is given to the rebels and CPs. How do we fix this? Put the admins an OPs as civvies for once. Not rebels. Not CPs. But as normal civvies. It will give people SOMETHING to do.
Burnt Leaf
Burnt Leaf
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 am

Rebels and refugee's will count towards ratio. Ide say 1 Rebel/refugee per 2 or 3 citizens? Much like the CCA. This can be changed.

Minges jumping over Checkpoint B should INSTANTLY be placed back in plaza. You cannot "Jump" over a large Combine Checkpoint. Regardless of how many CCA are actually there, ICly there is always someone watching.

As for the CCA not guarding checkpoints, CmD's and up are required to black mark anyone if they are not found doing their job properly. IE: Guarding a checkpoint when they do not have orders, sitting in Armory talking to someone, sitting in Helix bay while another unit gets a bandage, so on.
Units are meant to be on the streets "protecting" the citizens of the city. This includes saving them from the dangers of District 6.

Do your job. It adds to everyone elses fun.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:40 am

OH yeah...and... two CETA store props have magically dissapeard...
excluding library and cafe(I think?)....
and that no one wants to apply for them....
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:38 am

CmD+? What about DvL, OfC?
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Magnum Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 am

Burnt Leaf (Greek) wrote:Wanna know WHY we don't have plaza RP? Because there is never a CP doing his JOB! I have BARELY ever seen a CP guarding checkpoints! Its ridiculous! I TRY to plaza RP. But there is nothing to do becaue everything is given to the rebels and CPs. How do we fix this? Put the admins an OPs as civvies for once. Not rebels. Not CPs. But as normal civvies. It will give people SOMETHING to do.

Well me and gremkai do our jobs, but i think thats the reason were the only high ranking enlisted units
Magnum
Magnum

Back to top Go down

The amount of plaza RP is non-existent Empty Re: Plaza RP

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:21 am

The main problem that I have with PlazaRP is that it is just utterly lacking in excitment. I understand how it is not "supposed" to be exciting but roleplaying as a citizen is very difficult. Eventually, you are going to A; Learn about the rebellion and try to find them. Or B; Fight for the combine. Just being a normal citizen isn't fun, even if you stay a citizen maybe you become a thug or going insane never just stay normal. So, I would create a character just to stay in plaza but I am not so sure as to how often I play as him because of this.
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Archimedes Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Lt.FallenAngel wrote:The main problem that I have with PlazaRP is that it is just utterly lacking in excitment. I understand how it is not "supposed" to be exciting but roleplaying as a citizen is very difficult. Eventually, you are going to A; Learn about the rebellion and try to find them. Or B; Fight for the combine. Just being a normal citizen isn't fun, even if you stay a citizen maybe you become a thug or going insane never just stay normal. So, I would create a character just to stay in plaza but I am not so sure as to how often I play as him because of this.

This is exactly why RP sucks today. Not trying to pick on you Angel, but this mindset is why rp is no longer fun or good. The fun in rp shouldn't come from action, action should be something that just brings more fun. In normal hl2rp, action should be scarce, Rebels have to plan for weeks before making a move, CCA doesn't just sweep trough the most infested and dangerous parts of the city everyday.

The fun in RP comes from developing your character and his/her links with other people in a post-apocalyptic militant controlling state. The events that take place always affect your character for better or for worse. When you see someone get shot over walking into the wrong area, you get scared, paranoid, sick to your stomach. You seek for someone to re-assure you everything will be fine only to find no one. Your parents, brothers, and sisters are all dead.

The amount of depth you can go into about inner and outer struggles is amazingly large and fun to toy with. Everyone forgets this though and just runs into the slums to be a rebel.
Archimedes
Archimedes
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Dog the Noobstriked Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:50 pm

Archimedes wrote:
Lt.FallenAngel wrote:The main problem that I have with PlazaRP is that it is just utterly lacking in excitment. I understand how it is not "supposed" to be exciting but roleplaying as a citizen is very difficult. Eventually, you are going to A; Learn about the rebellion and try to find them. Or B; Fight for the combine. Just being a normal citizen isn't fun, even if you stay a citizen maybe you become a thug or going insane never just stay normal. So, I would create a character just to stay in plaza but I am not so sure as to how often I play as him because of this.

This is exactly why RP sucks today. Not trying to pick on you Angel, but this mindset is why rp is no longer fun or good. The fun in rp shouldn't come from action, action should be something that just brings more fun. In normal hl2rp, action should be scarce, Rebels have to plan for weeks before making a move, CCA doesn't just sweep trough the most infested and dangerous parts of the city everyday.

The fun in RP comes from developing your character and his/her links with other people in a post-apocalyptic militant controlling state. The events that take place always affect your character for better or for worse. When you see someone get shot over walking into the wrong area, you get scared, paranoid, sick to your stomach. You seek for someone to re-assure you everything will be fine only to find no one. Your parents, brothers, and sisters are all dead.

The amount of depth you can go into about inner and outer struggles is amazingly large and fun to toy with. Everyone forgets this though and just runs into the slums to be a rebel.

I remember in the good ole LG days, Paige Hatfield and Scully O'Connor would be in the apartments in c45 and have conversations. (Seeing how it was cherry, I was forced into SexRP more time than im proud of) Long conversations that were IC along with some LOOC ones. Where it all go?

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 pm

The reason so many people are getting into the slums recently is because there is a small gap big enough for someone to fit through at checkpoint B, whoever uses Rose pointed it out to me last night during OOC time. Oh and with units not guarding checkpoints I make sure to order units to guard the checkpoints, with me guarding A
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Dog the Noobstriked Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Chris10023 wrote:The reason so many people are getting into the slums recently is because there is a small gap big enough for someone to fit through at checkpoint B, whoever uses Rose pointed it out to me last night during OOC time. Oh and with units not guarding checkpoints I make sure to order units to guard the checkpoints, with me guarding A

The Key to keeping a unit or yourself at the hardpoint and not getting bored. Ask for temporary 't' flags, Place a camera while aiming at your feet by pressing right click (so it follows you). Then stand at the check point and watch yourself on the camera. It helped me get promoted for watching the hardpoint for hours on end and not moving or going afk. (Dont forget to static camera so a minge does not take it.)

Back to top Go down

The amount of plaza RP is non-existent Empty Re: Archimedes

Post  Lt.FallenAngel Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Archimedes wrote:

While I admit perhaps learning through these troubles can be fun at times, RP should not only be based around fear. Developing your character is important and your character, I believe, would eventually want to join either the combine or CWU after some time. With the way he is treated and knowing the only way out is either death or joining the UU, it only makes sense. And while events and sweeps do develop your character, people (not characters) enjoy excitement. People enjoy hearing a broadcast go out telling them they need to get to the apartments and be ready to be searched. It is a thrill, which is what a lot of people are looking for. If I wanted to only be faced with fear I would play amnesia, if I wanted to only be faced with RP I could just play D&D, I play HL2RP because I know what true RP is about and what people like. If you do not believe we need a thrill, or some form of a rush, then how do you play this type of game? Also, if I didn't want that rush of a game I would play Dear Esther. I like the interaction between characters, all I am saying is that it would be very difficult and illogical for a normal player to keep a plain citizen. Because of character development.

Also i have just finished reading what Diablo has posted and I think we shuld make one thing clear. We need to have a set of guidelines to follow, I agree with that, but telling people what they do? For example, my character James Drekim will take proper precautions if he feels threatend but he is not a stone cold killer. RP is better when good roleplayers experiment with their character, not just follow a set of rules. I perhaps have gotten some negative reports saying that i am "uncanon" but that is how my character was developed. We should monitor and make sure how they got into slums was canon but so long as we have people wanting to be unique with their characters and thier lives, things will not ever be as black and white as we wish them to be.

Last edited by Lt.FallenAngel on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information)
Lt.FallenAngel
Lt.FallenAngel
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Lt.FallenAngel wrote:
While I admit perhaps learning through these troubles can be fun at times, RP should not only be based around fear. Developing your character is important and your character, I believe, would eventually want to join either the combine or CWU after some time. With the way he is treated and knowing the only way out is either death or joining the UU, it only makes sense. And while events and sweeps do develop your character, people (not characters) enjoy excitement. People enjoy hearing a broadcast go out telling them they need to get to the apartments and be ready to be searched. It is a thrill, which is what a lot of people are looking for. If I wanted to only be faced with fear I would play amnesia, if I wanted to only be faced with RP I could just play D&D, I play HL2RP because I know what true RP is about and what people like. If you do not believe we need a thrill, or some form of a rush, then how do you play this type of game? Also, if I didn't want that rush of a game I would play Dear Esther. I like the interaction between characters, all I am saying is that it would be very difficult and illogical for a normal player to keep a plain citizen. Because of character development.

Also i have just finished reading what Diablo has posted and I think we shuld make one thing clear. We need to have a set of guidelines to follow, I agree with that, but telling people what they do? For example, my character James Drekim will take proper precautions if he feels threatend but he is not a stone cold killer. RP is better when good roleplayers experiment with their character, not just follow a set of rules. I perhaps have gotten some negative reports saying that i am "uncanon" but that is how my character was developed. We should monitor and make sure how they got into slums was canon but so long as we have people wanting to be unique with their characters and thier lives, things will not ever be as black and white as we wish them to be.

Well for one, I am not telling you what to do. Notice "Example" is posted before my "Example". I am not telling you or anyone what to do. I am simply stating that fear is a very key element within HL2RP.

Yes, the rush and excitement in this game can be amazing, and it is always sought out by players because they want more. But if your character decides to join the resistance, which is totally possible, the combine cant take away free thinking unless you are brainwashed, but if they do decide that, would you just walk right in? No. You wouldn't. That will get you caught and almost certainly killed. The CCA can and will notice the miscount, and they will surely go into District 6 to find the escapee. Its not about back story at this point. Its about how charismatic and how well planned out your future is.

See, look at it like this. Your character, who was just released from detainment decides to try and escape. He wants to join the rebel cause and fight for freedom of oppression from the Combine. This is a normal and very common thought among'st humans in HL2. Nothing wrong with it. But the thing is, your character, if they are smart, does not want to just rush in. They know the Combine are watching, and they had better know that they will come right after you. If you really plan ahead, you'de know that the resistance are also afraid of the combine, and would rather avoid conflict than face it head on.
If you run into Slums, and the combine call a search for you, the resistance will most likely tell you to get out, or they will shoot you. See, because you ran in, the combine will follow. Meaning that the resistance are now in danger because of you. If they just put you down and leave your body for the combine, they will probably leave because they got what they wanted.

Do you understand? Its not just about "fear", although its very important. You gotta think about the other people. Its not just about you either. What about the friends your leaving behind? What if they get hurt and you arnt there to help them in there time of need? What if the Combine start interrogating your friends and kill them because no one knows where you went too?

And that my friend, is the scariest thought of them all. I couldn't bare my actions being the cause of another's death. It would tear me apart from the inside out. I hope that clears it up a bit.

Also, you need to realize that you are NOT in control of your character. Other players are.
You may have a plan for your character. The idea that they will become almighty and great, and become a legend. Well, the people who achieved that were very fortunate. They were very lucky, and very good at planning ahead. And very, VERY good RP'ers.

I'm not saying don't be unique. I'm saying follow the rules and tips, and your character will almost certainly go far.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down