The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Fuck That        EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Fuck That        EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Fuck That        EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Fuck That        EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Fuck That        EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Fuck That        EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Fuck That        EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Fuck That        EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Fuck That        EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Fuck That        EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Fuck That

5 posters

Go down

Fuck That        Empty Fuck That

Post  Slashraider Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:46 pm

I will not let our story / lore / characters die. I'll create my own HL2RP community with the same lore / characters / rules as TC. Except for minor changes like the whole rogue thing and what not. I will need help getting it off the ground and at least for the starting months the player slots will only be 15.

I started a new group / community called Avalon Gaming. You can help if you want to keep the TC spirit alive, or not, I do not care.

If you are willing to help, please message me on steam.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fuck That        Empty Re: Fuck That

Post  Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:59 pm

I was on-board with the Clockwork Monopolization plan.

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:04 pm

Just a heads up... I WILL not rush this so don't expect this by next weekend. I plan to have it up and running possibly a few weeks after TC dies which is in March.

By the way. This will not just be bland old TC again. Some stuff will change. Not like Zaughi's server, as I will keep the same lore and Characters (and dead ones stay dead) but there will be new features, new addons, and new ways to do things. New staff, etc.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Oh yeah, bringing back dead chars was a pretty bad idea. Also was met with a lot of disapproval. Don't do dat.

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:19 pm

None of it's going to be going away, at least, if people still want it to be around.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:40 pm

If the crew does flop, I'll probably disappear for awhile seeing I still can't do anything. BUT once I can internet again I'll go play with whoever wants crotchety old nerbstik around.
Or maybe i could do something forum wise.
Whether that's for slash/bravo/silver/a band of the KKK neo nazi hybrid renegades idk.
No I'm not gonna ask for phantom and SeC and all that scudge cause that'd probably be unfair and I don't think people's general opinions of rogues is very good, especially not of phantom.
Unless of course for some reason people want Phantom/00707 to fit in somewhere.
But having Ozzie again would b cool at the very least.

Remember.
IF.
But I'd still like a chance to see TC try again perhaps, no matter who oversees it all.
eventhoughicantdoagoddamnthing
fuckthismoneydrivensociety
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Well Bravo and Holler and I (not really me) made a community together. They have the SWRP (Star Wars RP) and I am the owner of the HL2RP there.

I would love for you to join our HL2rp server again WITH SeC and Phantom.

Phantom and Free still have some work and I can use the SeC in addition of the CmD.
Ranks will change in time but not for awhile.

Plus Phantom is not too OP. Just nerf a bit and rogues will be allowed if they are not mingy.

If you had a character on TC then it will be on TEH (The Event Horizon) as I will have TC's SQL once I get the server up.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cereal Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Slash, it'd be viable to keep our old lore, but TC's lore as it is, is too bland and boring.
It's been brought to the point where no one interesting lives and the rest of the action died a long time ago.
Cough cough** you know what I mean.
It'd be best to either start from scratch or rewind from TC's lore all the way back to a certain point.
Such as bringing back rogues/ect.ect./slumsRP/because plaza RP is boring as hell. Every small community develops off slumsRP then when it reaches a population it finally branches and evens itself out. TC died from inactivity because everyone's slums RP char died and the CCA have so much fucking restrictions on terms of RP.
TL:DR: it's too boring.
Cereal
Cereal

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Cereal wrote:Slash, it'd be viable to keep our old lore, but TC's lore as it is, is too bland and boring.
It's been brought to the point where no one interesting lives and the rest of the action died a long time ago.
Cough cough** you know what I mean.
It'd be best to either start from scratch or rewind from TC's lore all the way back to a certain point.
Such as bringing back rogues/ect.ect./slumsRP/because plaza RP is boring as hell. Every small community develops off slumsRP then when it reaches a population it finally branches and evens itself out. TC died from inactivity because everyone's slums RP char died and the CCA have so much fucking restrictions on terms of RP.
TL:DR: it's too boring.

As for lore I meant Characters and their development. The "story" is going to be different. Much much different. I am going to actually develop a server story and the player's actions will determine what happens to the story and that will determine what happens to the city.

Rogues are being brought back but to an extend. And there are no more slums RP because there are no "slums" rebels have to hide in plain sight in this city. So you don't know if you are talking to a rebel or a loyalist
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:34 pm

No slums RP is probably not going to work. That's exactly what started the whole TC-dying thing.

I've probably said this a hundred times: people are bored of civvie RP. I'd say, get a new schema up. Something HL2, but a different setting, and actually interesting. Otherwise, the server would be the same as TC without slums RP. That's not gonna bring anyone back for the long run or lure in new players. We need something refreshing and interesting.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:51 pm

I think I'm the only one who seriously still enjoys citizenRP. I really like CityRP as a civvie. IDK, I guess I'm just nostalgic for it. But honestly, I think an RP set in C17 precisely when Gordon arrives would be AWESOME, however, that couldn't last very long because canonically Gordon's journey through HL2 is only 3.90 days. OutlandsRP is cool too, but it doesn't interest me very much. CanalsRP could be a thing, maybe.

Otherwise there really aren't any other HL2 settings beside... CitadelRP. Who needs character development?

In all seriousness, it's pretty tough to have a good HALF-LIFE 2 setting besides CityRP or OutlandsRP. Otherwise it won't really feel like HL2. I'm not exactly very sure if a lot of us would be comfortable with this kinda shift. What you're suggesting is pretty huge, and the big change and may not even draw in new players. Itlll also be tough for people like me who're used to the default feel of HL2RP. As for a new schema... Nutscript.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum