The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Long list of good/bad ideas EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Long list of good/bad ideas EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Long list of good/bad ideas EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Long list of good/bad ideas EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Long list of good/bad ideas EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Long list of good/bad ideas EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Long list of good/bad ideas EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Long list of good/bad ideas EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Long list of good/bad ideas EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Long list of good/bad ideas EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Long list of good/bad ideas

5 posters

Go down

Long list of good/bad ideas Empty Long list of good/bad ideas

Post  DIABLO258 Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:40 am

I just started taking notes when I was playing in the server. This is what I got for ideas. I've added in items that I mention in my ideas, as items to be added if we were to follow through with any of these ideas.

Items to add:
Rebel Uniforms
Different Citizen clothing options - Pants, shirts
Melee weapons
More contraband
Pop - Things other than water
Beer - Things other than water
Data watch - Given to all Citizens upon starting, this shows them their Data. Name, CiD, points, everything. How ever none of it can be tampered with.
Data watch chip - A small chip available only from Black market dealers. This chip shows up in your inventory, and once taken cannot be removed by anyone other than a CCA who frisks you. This item will cost a TON of money. Being caught with this opens up any possibility for the CCA. At this point, you could have done anything and changed your record. The CCA dont know, so any punishment could happen. - READ REBEL IDEA FOR EXPLANATION

Contraband:
We need more contraband. If we use the item spawner in slums, we could add in a ton of contraband. Things like ciggarettes, chemicals, weapons, clothing, anything. We should also make a list showing what the point values are for each contraband item. these items would only spawn in slums. Contraband items cannot be found in Plaza, as it is kept clean by Vorts and CCA.

In D6 the items can spawn in rubble pits (Like garbage) that will have their collisions disabled, making it easy to walk in and find items. These items can vary from random junk items (Cans, empty ration bags) to moderatly useful items (Medical supplies, pop, beer, maybe even drugs) to very useful items (Weapons, clothing, food, and even possibly money) Of course the timers will be set appropriatly...

Some of these items like Clothing, or Weapons, could be sold to the Black Market. But thats a seperate idea.

District 6:

If we open District 6 and allow anyone to roam in it, we could have something good by simply adding in a few more things. Like if we allowed Units to patrol in there. Being in Slums is still against the law, so you need to get in and out without a Unit deciding to walk in an patrol.

But it would go like this:
Being found in slums with no Contraband = 5 minutes jail time - +2 Trespassing
Being found in slums with Minor contraband = 10 minutes jail time - +2 Tresspassing +4 Contraband, confiscation of all contraband
Being found in slums with anything higher than that = Amputation

If you are caught with a rebel uniform, amputation is the verdict.
If you are caught with a weapon, you are charged with 10 minutes jail time, and what ever the points may be for that particular weapon.

Fear RP is still wanted, but not needed. Players will not need to play for a set time limit to go into slums. Infact, it should be possible for them to claim apartments in there. I want District 6 to have different properties compared to Plaza, yet at the same time I want transfer between the two to be seemless. All I want is for consiquences in D6 to be taken seriously. Citizens are not allowed in there, yet still have access. CCA Can patrol in there, so if you stumble upon someone in D6, you should be able to get them out.

This way we can get rid of lolwebuls like we do minges. We can let good RPers get close to the Rebels without any rules being broken. We dont have to tell players one area of the map is blocked off. And we instantly make the map twice as big to Citizens, and CCA alike.

Currency:

If we make random money packages a thing of the past, and only allow Citizens to get money through Rations, we would have a real and threatening economy. If we allow People with -1, -9 points ONE ration, and people with -10, -19 points TWO rations, we could go up and up. Those who are good to the combine get rich, get food, and live happy. Those who do not, either get jailed, starve, or end up in D6.

We would also need set times for rations to happen. Most likely not a set time like 1:00PM Central. But more like "Two ration distibutions will be held on Tuesday, one will be held on Wednesday, another tue on Friday" never a set time, instead, a set date. If we got a schedual to follow for a specific day with a set amount of Ration Distribution events, we could have a nice way of keeping on task with rations, also giving players money to buy food and water, or other supplies.

With the Hunger and Thirst updater that Silver is working on, money would become something important. To make those annoying alerts go away, you will need food and water. Those items will be expencive, so you can either wait till rations, or risk it and go into District 6 to search for food (which some food that can only be found in slums will be contraband)

CCA Training:

The CCA need a training schedual. If we get dedicated CCA Units to train on certain days at certain times (And I am talking once a week we go through breaching, codes, radio terms, locations, patrol routes, how to detain a citizen, fire arm training, Necrotic combat all ICly. Run by the CmD. Once a weak, every weak, no delays. If you are late, you get a black mark. If you do not show up, you get a black mark. We have you on the CCA Records on the forums, and if we do not, please send in that information. Other wise this will not work.) we would have a very powerful, well organized police force that is a serious threat to people. Rations, sweeps, and miscounts will go a lot quicker as our CCA know what to do. It would also make the slums a more dangerous place.

(INFACT, anyone who has made it this far in reading, please post your CCA character information in the CCA Records area if you havent already. If you have, please verify here that you are still valid and using that character)

If we get our Units to train, we will have less problems sorting out RP situations on the field. If we can master our CCA RP, all that is left is Rebel RP.

We also need exact names for laws broken in Data records. No more "Running" or "+2 for entering D6" No, we need a list of actual laws that get broken that all Units use. This way we could get the exact amount of points in without guessing. And if anyone had questions, we could just look up the list.

Rebels:

Determined only by the suit, rebels should be able to take their suits on and off. If they are secretive, they can keep a low profile for a long time. If they purchase a Data Watch Chip from the black market, they can remove their data to stay hidden. The only group within District 6 that is actually organised, anyone wearing a suit is considered a brother/sister and is friendly to any other with a suit. Anyone without a suit is either a customer or a problem. Never should rebels be with random citizens also stranded in D6 unless those Citizens could be of help. They want to remove the CCA by any means, this also means removing loyalists. How ever, food is scarce, and the CCA are to big of a threat to take on alone.

Customization:

Players should be able to customize their homes like they did when CETA was around. I really liked the idea of citizens buying furniture for their house. If only we had a way to save that characers house when they leave, so it can all come back upon them rejoining.

AFK:
Remove the "Only able to go AFK when no one is around" thing from the /AFK command.
Add in a new command that works the same, but allows you to go AFK anywhere around anyone. Adding onto that, put a tag in the name of the player who goes AFK to let other players know they are AFK.

---------------

These are just things I jotted down as possibilities. I will probably add more as I go.

Last edited by DIABLO258 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Long list of good/bad ideas Empty Re: Long list of good/bad ideas

Post  Slashraider Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:59 am

Some things I want to say before going to bed. (I will add more in the morning)

Some of those items are already in the game. (Soda, beer, rebel uniforms)

Contraband could be found in the plaza if people smuggle them into it.

I really don't feel we should open up the slums. I would like a bigger discussion with this because I just feel it would be a bad out come RP wise.

Loving the data clip idea!!!

Currency: What about jobs? Like CWU Goods Store and Cafe shop? That could be another way players make money.. But most stores only hire loyalists.

Training. What if you are off the server? Will you be blackmarked? What if you have to go on vacation or just couldn't get on that day? Is it only the people online then? Do you want a whole server that are all CCA doing passive while new players join and are excited to see 15/20 only to see the plaza is empty and everyone is in the Nexus doing passive rp?

Customization...

The CWU Goods Store is open pretty often. I (Patrick Free) manage the store and sell to a lot. There has been a lot of customization going on but most of the props either get moved (because different players change in rooms because there are now set rooms) or the props simply disappear because no one statics them. (Admins+ have been doing well with staticing, however.

If we want customization we should give every citizen their own room permanently. which would mean we need more places to live. (I17 does have a lot of CAHs / hotels, I know you said no, I'm just saying, could be that reason to switch map since the customization is your idea)

On the topic of I17, the slums in there could easily be patrolled by the CCA and it kinda all connected so players could go as you see fit but still be punished etc. Because if a unit enters City 18 slums they could get raped by the rebels and then a sweep would happen. Well then why just more sweeps?

I17 makes most of your ideas here possible and amazing, I am just saying.

Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:59 am

Training: If you have a legitimate reason to be offline you should let us know. We are a community, and upon joining us you do gain some responsibility. Its not like you can just do what ever you want here, people do need information from you before you can just run off. And yes. I want everyone who is a CCA to be on their CCA at this time. All CCA will be on the Nexus only. Training should only take an hour, an hour and a half tops. Once it is over, Ratio goes back into effect.

Currency: I want Jobs like CETA back, but we need to do it in a more organized way. We cant just let people put their names on paper and have a job. We need these jobs to be in the actual game code. We should be able to link a character to a job, once that is happened that character should be able to open their Data and see what their current job is. We should also make these jobs "Contract jobs" as in, you get laid off when you leave the server, and gaining the job is very easy. You gain small amounts of money for how ever long you have that job. When you leave, you get laid off upon rejoining your data will say "Unemployed". Also, if you type /afk while having a job to do, you do not get paid until you are outside of /afk. Anyone who doesnt type /afk and goes AFK with a job will be kicked. To go even further, your job will be taken if you are caught doing illegal things.
What we need is a way for players to do their jobs and earn money from it, without NEEDING a CCA to be there. This allows Citizens to do what they need to do without having to wait on someone. This would require coding from Silver or someone skilled. I mean, we already have Direct Deposit when it comes to pay checks. Why wouldn't the CCA be this advanced?

Contraband: Yes some of those items are already there, but I mean build on top of it. Add in brands and stuff. Instead of finding "Soda - 2g" find a "Warm Mountain Dew" or "Old can of Pepsi" or even something like "A naked drink" You know, just add in some more personality and feel to the game.

Customization:
We seem to forget that the Slums in C18 also has a lot of apartments. More than 20... A lot more... If we opened up Slums, still applying the trespassing laws, we can let Citizens live illegally out there too. This would allow more places for citizens to live. How ever a perma apartment seems rather difficult. For a room to save everything inside it, and remember who bought it. The room would need to be its own entity almost. I like the idea, and I want it. But it seems to  difficult.

-----------

As for Slums, the CCA should not get raped by rebels. Maybe an 05, or an 04. But an 03 would be a good battle. Rebels should be scared of ANY Unit they see. Any Unit means that if killed, an entire swarm of Units will be sweeping that area (Another thing we need is for the CCA Hud Information Outlet to display the location of a Units death instead of "Unknown Location") The CCA should be allowed to patrol through Slums in C18 just like in I17. There will be no difference between the two. D6 right now is defined by who is inside it. If we just move everyone to I17, its going to be the same thing, just a different setting. So, why let CCA patrol D6 in I17, and not C18? I don't know. There are more apartments in C18 that we currently only let Rebels use. We could make those doors own-able for free. Anyone who wants to go and hide from the CCA can go and claim an apartment out there. Bringing in the food and water idea, you will need to leave your apartment and get food somehow. You may encounter rebels, or a CCA. Hell. Rebels need food and water too, so they might just mug a citizen in D6 for it, them being all rapey like you say.

Basically what I am envisioning is a way to connect every player to every faction, without really joining those factions. This whole thing revolves around the food and water idea. Everyone needs food and water, everyone. So lets give them multiple different ways to go about this, each one having its own trade off. Staying in Plaza, you could become a loyalist, but rebels will hate you. Going into CCA, you get free food, but work 24/7 and rebels hate you. You could sneak into D6 and search for contraband, but CCA will hate you, and Rebels MAY be a problem. You could join the rebels and go scouting together. Maybe the Rebels will actually become a threat to CCA if we use this idea properly. Currently they THINK they are a threat. But in all reality its just a bunch of ego-maniacs who have SMG's on their backs and tell some crazy stories. We need someone to bring everyone together, a common interest for everyone. That, is food and water.

-----------

PS:  My idea for D6 about opening it for CCA goes like this, maybe I can elaborate. If we open it up to all citizens (Which we just had a discussion about) allowing them to pass through the hard point its basically just a free pass for you to escape the CCA. Why is this bad? Well after being away from the Combine for so long, players seem to forget who their character is. They think D6 wants/needs them there. They become to attached to this idea of "Home away from home" where its safe and you can do what ever and talk to who ever. This is bad because  suddenly Combine sweeps become a HUGE issue. Rebels start crying about how they cant lose their character, or they will try and character switch to avoid sweeps, or they will Meta to avoid. Things like that. If CCA have just as much access, this wouldn't be as big of an issue (I think). We will still have problems with current rebels, as they have all adapted to D6 already. But new characters will have to learn to hide from the CCA while inside D6. Be afraid for once, while in there. Is it safer to stay in D6 where the Combine arnt going to be all the time, but can hurt you badly if they find you? Or is it safer to just sit in plaza where you can hide in plain sight, but abide by the Combines law?

I feel like if we just open up D6 for more possibilities we can actually do something with it, for everyone. Currently District 6 is for rebels, lolwebuls, and asspulled characters. If we allow D6 to be open for anyone, a place where you can come and go, lolwebuls might not just run straight for it. Asspulled characters wont need to start in D6. And rebels could possibly be found in Plaza, hiding. The only special thing about D6 should be that it is illegal, and if caught inside, you will be in very big trouble. Basically we should utilize the ENITRE map. Cutting it in half and saying "These people stay here, and these people stay over here" is probably not the best idea of mine.

Plaza should be a home sweet home for anyone. You should never have zero reason to stay in plaza. Money, food, water, a place to stay, a job, it should have it all. The only reason to leave should be the CCA. If you leave for D6, all of a sudden you lose your job, your money, your home, and food and water. You need to scavenge for it. But why do all of this if the CCA are just gone? Like poof? They cannot come and follow you unless a DvL is on. Even then, they will most likely sweep AFTER you have left. If people are going to be running inbetween D6 and Plaza, we should let the CCA go into D6 as well.

With Training for CCA Units, we can enforce that D6 is dangerous and should not be entered alone, or for any dumb reason. You CAN go in there, but we should teach them only to go in for good reasons. IE: Perusing someone, or a daily patrol may go through there. Entering from the hard point, exiting from the bridge? Conclude your patrol by scanning inside CAH? I dont know. I feel like allowing CCA and Citizens in there, with laws, we could make D6 into something more interesting for everyone.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:12 pm

I want other people's opinions because I don't want this to just be DIABLO and me talking back and forth.

You want customization and such but when you use those apartments in D6 I don't think they will be customized... I sure as hell won't walk in D6 just for a delivery because it is illegal and dangerous there. Loyalists wouldn't want to enter because fear of rebel muggings / killings because they are loyalists. So you wouldn't get must customization there. Plus furniture could be stolen from those apartments and those apartments are not that safe and once again illegal.

As for the keeping a room to your self it is not that hard. We have a forum list of every apartment and then if a character wants a room ICly they asks for one, the unit checks if it is available, then goes into their /viewdata and says what room they are in, then they update the forum list to say that room is available (but do not say who lives there for meta) That way if a citizen is in an apartment he does not own, it will count as trespassing and he will be detained. Other thing is that if you keep get the data clip (or what ever that thing that changes your data) you could change where your room is and then sneak into a loyalist apartment and possible wait to mug/murder.

I still think that units patrolling in the slums is too dangerous for the UU to allow. They are going into uncharted territory blind. There could be traps waiting for them, or a handful of rebels. 4 rebels armed with automatics could easily stop 2 CCA units patrolling. Then what? More CCA attack sweep it? Why have those units killed / hurt in the first place? Just use the sweep first to avoid that.

I was thinking possible stealth sweeps which are like patrols except they could be led by GHOSTS (giving more things GHOSTS can do with their division) and they could be constant but an actual sweep, not just 2 units walking around looking for things. It could be a group of 4-6 going in to kill.

I don't want to seem like I'm trying to bash your ideas, DIABLO, I like them. I am just coming at them from another point of view.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CallmeBambiefornowon. Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:18 pm

I want to know more about this training for the CCA, when is it? what will it do, will it upgrade us, say 05 to an 04? Is it somewhat optional, like can you drop in to this method anytime? Just want to know more about it... It seems pretty straight forward.
CallmeBambiefornowon.
Gold Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 pm

Honestly, diablo, you already considered doing that training idea before, and it crashed and burned then. Do I think it'd be useful, or even necessary? Yes. Is it going to happen this time? I rather doubt it.

Are CCA a serious fight head on? Yes. Would they hold up well to ambushes in one or two man patrols? Unlikely. Even a team up of CmD and Ghost DvL would have a rough time with a coordinated ambush.

More contraband? Sure. Obviously, keep weapon spawning to a minimum. Don't need any random minge grabbing a shotgun and trying to Rambo everyone.

Wide open D6? Interesting how since City 8 you've gone from seal it off entirely to crack it wide open. However, I'm not so sure it's the best idea, at least on this map. This is probably going to be the only time I say anything in support of i17, but at least there if you evade a sweep, you can flee to the sewers from the main D6 area. Sure, life would suck, but as long as no one is stupid and draws the CCA down there, it can be a last resort safe zone.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Well Bravo C08 crashed on its own, so why not shoot in the other direction? And I only sealed off the whole of D6 because it was one of those things where people would hide and claim CCA cannot find them, and sweeps were a bitch. So I didnt block it off ENTIRELY. I opened up a small portion, but it turned out to be to small. I let Units go through there, but they went through there ALL THE TIME. And the reason I wanted it to be smaller was because I was tired of having a character who would just use D6 as a safe zone, if a DvL wasnt on they would just run in there and be totally safe. And, it still is that way now that we are on C18 (I thought D6 was dangerous?). But allowing CCA Units to patrol in there, not all the time of course, would add some more pressure to people using it as a safe zone. FearRP doesn't seem to register while you are in there anymore, because CCA rarely go in after anyone unless its some huge deal.

CCA training - What I had in mind was not to enhance the IC characters. But mentally train the players. You know, get us all really familiarized with codes, routes, verdicts, what certain ranks can and cant do. I only suggest it because a lot of CCA Units don't know what to do unless another person is around. We should have some training days. Its not impossible, all we need is dedicated players who care about their position. If they don't care, they wont show. If they cannot show, all they need to do is PM an admin. And yes, I think this idea did have some trouble in the past, but I am just throwing it back out there.

CCA Fighting - If its a unit and there are more than one rebel in the area, well, its like PG. If there are three of you, you can PG. So obviously at that point in time you wouldn't be hauling ass out of there. Two Units VS three Rebels, the Rebels should have some very careful planning, and it had better not be some spur of the moment "Lets shoot at them!" because that wouldn't make much sense unless it was planned much earlier.

Contraband - Of course, weapons stay rare.

Opening D6 - Its funny, I kind of had an epiphany about I17. To pull off a wide open D6, while still keeping the same laws intact, we would need a larger areas, and more buildings to enter. So, for my D6 idea I am going to say this would work better on I17 than C18. But anyway. The one reason I want to open D6 to enlisted units is because it would allow players to actually have a fear of going in there, currently people are only scared because we tell them to be scared. Not only would it be dangerous because of Rebels, and the CCA not wanting you in there, but the CCA would actively snoop around in there. If we only allow Units to patrol the roads, not inside buildings unless they have suspicions, it would be a freaky thing to be new to D6 and look out your window and see what very well may be your doom. If you stay hidden and stay quiet, the CCA cannot find you. By "Cannot" I mean the rules would say you cannot enter a building unless you suspect something. If you hide in the streets, or roam around without a care, you will get caught. I just want to bring some fear back to D6. The scenery is not enough, and it may be just me, but it feels like the Rebels fall in love with any Citizen they meet back there. So allowing some ACTUAL danger to randomly be able to appear, it seems more realistic and cannon.

CCA Patrolling in D6 - To add onto the CCA patrolling in there. My idea is that only one group of units can enter at a time. This group is a max of 2 units. If you are an 05, you must have a partner to enter. So only two units will be able to patrol D6, and its not like they can just sit in there and wait... They patrol. They enter, walk through, then exit. If they see anything, or hear anything, they can investigate. But priorities in there are low unless a higher up is with you. In fact, it may be better for Units to act as scouts while in there. If they see or hear something, they radio it in and leave because you never know if Rebels are around. If its serious, they get a higher up. If its not serious, they sit at the hard point and guard it/keep patrolling. If nothing happens in there, just leave and continue patrolling plaza.
I don't want Units in D6 ALL THE TIME. I want them to know that it is okay to go in there, take a peak, make sure things are okay, then leave. This whole time, never should they enter a house or an apartment. It would be unfair for players if the CCA swept D6 every hour or so. And I am fine with applying a rule that if they see someone in a rebel uniform, its advised that they leave and get back-up or simply radio it in. When they leave, and they will be forced to leave, this gives the rebel time to react if they know they have been spotted.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Long list of good/bad ideas Empty RE: Suggestion

Post  ElderViking Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:05 pm

I think a good idea would take the mandatory isolation for being AFK off, and adding a tag on the players name instead, so they can be afk whenever they need to. It's a bitch to go be alone sometimes when you need to be afk.
Also Civ voice commands, I want to be able to tell the world that I'm dreaming about cheese.

EDIT: This is DIABLO258 talking, I just didnt want to make a new post and end up spamming this thread with only MY posts. I added your AFK idea. As for the voices, I am still looking for that old thread I found them in! I am looking!
Also, the Fish GiF is hilarious.
ElderViking
ElderViking

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down