The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Update to Overhaul Update EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Update to Overhaul Update EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Update to Overhaul Update EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Update to Overhaul Update EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Update to Overhaul Update EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Update to Overhaul Update EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Update to Overhaul Update EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Update to Overhaul Update EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Update to Overhaul Update EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Update to Overhaul Update EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Update to Overhaul Update

3 posters

Go down

Update to Overhaul Update Empty Update to Overhaul Update

Post  General Bravo Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Good day/evening/night/morning/whatever, everyone. I have heard your various concerns about the new update, and after some words with Diablo, I have altered some of the sections of the update.

Firstly, we are leaving the Nargodian and the Bar gone. Those are unnecessary. The pharmacy will be brought  back unless it becomes clear it is no longer contributing anything significant or useful. The Nargodian's existence will be succeeded by the cafe in the main plaza.

Next, as far as addons and plugins goes, that is variable. Metropolice v5, HL2 Beta weapons, and Civil Workers Union locks will remain, but CSS weapons will be removed, as well as the somewhat unstable Combine Sniper.  

The admin meetings will be occurring to both make sure everyone is on the same page and gets the standards, and will also be used to discuss any problems on the server and possible solutions.

The mandatory training for CCA will be instated sometime in the near future, but if you have a legitimate OOC reason why you cannot be there, you will not be penalized. This training will be done until it is clear the CCA knows what they're supposed to be doing. All CCA units below EpU will be required to pass a training session at least once per month. If a unit goes a full month without attending a single session, a blackmark will be administered.

Finally, the new, alternative method of applying for CCA will remain. The requirement for forum applications will be brought down from 5 days to 2 days(48 hours)with the added stipulation that someone on staff can vouch for any prospective applicant's RP skills.

I hope these changes help this update go more smoothly for everyone, while still holding up the goals Diablo and I had for it. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, let's hear them.

Last edited by General Bravo on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Update to Overhaul Update Empty Re: Update to Overhaul Update

Post  Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Yey!

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:45 pm

General Bravo wrote: Next, as far as addons and plugins goes, that is variable. Metropolice v5, HL2 Beta weapons, and Civil Workers Union locks will remain, but CSS weapons will be removed, as well as the somewhat unstable Combine Sniper.  
How is the Combine sniper unstable? It worked just fine for me when I used it.

General Bravo wrote: The mandatory training for CCA will be instated sometime in the near future, but if you have a legitimate OOC reason why you cannot be there, you will not be penalized. This training will be done until it is clear the CCA knows what they're supposed to be doing.
So I'm still being penalized regardless, I still think it's a stupid idea.
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wowdah Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Chris10023 wrote:
General Bravo wrote: The mandatory training for CCA will be instated sometime in the near future, but if you have a legitimate OOC reason why you cannot be there, you will not be penalized. This training will be done until it is clear the CCA knows what they're supposed to be doing.
So I'm still being penalized regardless, I still think it's a stupid idea.
 I agree with Chris. It's still pretty dumb. How about no.

[EDIT:] Did you not mention to DIABLO that it is literally something that everyone disagreed with? It's a fucking game, not a job.
Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:56 pm

I realize that the mandatory CCA training isn't the most popular thing ever, but Diablo pointed out that a lot of our units aren't as good at their jobs as they should be, and frankly, being one of the ones who's usually one to observe CCA performance, I'm inclined to agree somewhat. Clearly, the CCA need a little reminder of what the standards are. The blackmarking will be altered, but the mandatory training is still going to exist.

EDIT: OP has been altered to fit a new method. It's not that this is a job OOC, it's that ICly things are very meh and need to be rectified.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down