The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
New feature we could possibly add. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
New feature we could possibly add. EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
New feature we could possibly add. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
New feature we could possibly add. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
New feature we could possibly add. EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
New feature we could possibly add. EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
New feature we could possibly add. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
New feature we could possibly add. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
New feature we could possibly add. EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
New feature we could possibly add. EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

New feature we could possibly add.

+5
Jaquecz
Atlas
Wowdah
Unknown
[Redacted]
9 posters

Go down

New feature we could possibly add. Empty New feature we could possibly add.

Post  [Redacted] Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:43 pm

With what diablo had said, society is what they protect, but citizens are a main part of society and so are the actions they perform to support it and help it such as jobs. So I was thinking what if we added in say a sort of working schedule for regular citizens, a mandatory job (for survival) that they have to do to basically survive. I was thinking something which they would do at a certain time to contribute to the UU's purpose in enslaving them because we never got to see what the citizens were doing exactly besides being in their appartments all day. But with the TC lore, people would say well there are jobs and such. But I would say that these jobs should be more loyalist based such as the Nargodian and the Foto shop and Cafe and such. We need something that the non-working loyalists do. What I propose is a system where level 3 loyalists and up are the ONLY ones that can work at one of the CETA jobs. A CETA elligible person is someone who has worked as a regular grunt and may or may not have gone above and beyond what they were supposed to do to.

So, what I think should happen is, the citizens, with regular status are forced to work a mandatory job. How this will work is, each day will be a total of 90 minutes OOC. For 30 minutes, something will be called, I am naming it the Manual Labour Quarter, once this is ICLY called, all citizens under the status of level 3 loyalty will have to report to the plaza. (They don't have to but trust me, it is the wise thing to do). The citizens will be split evenly in half and one will be sent to Station A and the other to Station B. Within station A citizens will be responsible to work together and box supplies (Which will be set up and placed) and get them from Station A to station B. In station B, The citizens will take the supplies to the corresponding CETA stores. Now I realise that OOCLY Each CETA store has an unlimited supply of things to sell blah blah blah, I get that. But ICLY they don't giving the citizens something to do. When they show up to the stations, before entering for labour they will be applied by a CCA unit and given one Ration token. Now The ration tokens make sense because if you remember back to the beginning of hl2 in C17 when you go passed the ration distribution after the Pick up that can CP, if you try to retrieve some yourself, it doesn't allow you which may or may not imply that there are tokens specific to ration retrieval. So anyways, Following that you will have 0.5 loyalty points added to your data aswell, obviously if you fall under the malignant category you are fucked and will be dealt with accordingly. But, with that said this also will give you more of a reason for slums entry and such with my next part of the idea.

So After each MLQ (Manual Labour Quarter) A RDT Quarter will be initiated and the citizens will go and spend their tokens they acquired from MLQ to get food. Now with this said. for the rest the day (60 OOC minutes) MLQ will be over.

~ If you miss 1 Rations Quarter you are Hungry and Thirsty
~ If you miss 2 Rations Quarters you are Starving and Very Thirsty
~ If you miss 3 Rations Quarters you are on the brink of death.

Because if you miss 3 days without drinking you would die of dehydration unless of course you figure out a way to acquire water.

WIth that said service will be added to each citizen data for how many times they show for work.

MLQ SERVICE
-------------
3 Quarters <--- This is the amount of service times

1 RDT Token.

So once they go to the rations terminal if they have a token it will be deducted from their data.

Moving on to my CETA tweak so that it becomes compatible with this MLQ Feature. No longer will you be able to purchase from a CETA store with just a regular civil standing, In order to purchase from a CETA store you must be atleast loyalist level 1. This way each time you show for MLQ Service you will be inching towards loyal status. At level 2 you can do the same though from levels 1-2 you cannot apply for a CETA job. Once you reach the status of level 3, you may apply for a CETA job, and with that you get unlimited RDT tokens and your rations are doubled. This does not mean you can't acquire loyalty points from the old means such as cleaning and turning in contraband, but if you want to sacrifice your off time from MLQ, you can for sure go around and do extra work to push yourself to the level 3 status. Level 4-5 will work the same and such. CWU are the bosses of each place and will report if CETA workers are not performing up to standards.

NOTE: You CAN and WILL get your RDT token removed if you are not working or slacking during MLQ Service.

And that is about it for this idea, I am hoping to get feedback and support and such with this because I think you guys will like the idea, feel free to add to it because I want this to not only just be my idea that gets put in, I want to make it everybody's.

Thanks Deudes, hope you all like it.

(Old Thing I had, Decided to move it to here)

Ok so, with the removal of the bar and everything I have been piecing together this idea which would make everything make a little more sense and also give the citizens some nice RP to be doing and such. So I fucked up Diablo's post by accident on the other thread because i'm a dumb ass and didn't notice I was editing his text instead of quoting it ["GOD DAMMIT HOLLER"] I really don't know how I could have failed that bad because usually I catch myself when I'm doing shit by mistake like that. (Really Sorry Sad) Anyways I was going to introduce you guys to this idea but if you would read my speculation on the combine and such following the other thread, here it is.

If you would rather get to the point, scroll to the green bar and read beneath it.

Ok, People are confusing the CCA's morals and the UU's morals and everything else. The CCA are a figment of the UU, they are a part of the UU the protection team meant to PROTECT the citizens. They don't care about quality workers, you don't need a quality worker to do slave work this is not a domestic job, if they aren't good, they remove them and the cycle repeats. Citizens aren't meant to have fun, this is the HL2 lore, do you see anybody in C17 in a bar with even slow music!? NO. 

You don't. The bear bottles you see in game are all in back alleys and such meaning they are pre war and forgotten. Let me ask you this, do the combine need to clean little thing up for citizens to work? No. They don't, Do they care about citizen entertainment NO, they simply want them as drones, which is clearly why they are putting shit in their food so that everything becomes less of a worry for them. The key to the UU is work, They aren't CE's (Civil Entertainers) They are Civil protection meaning they keep the UU's "citizens" Or drones alive to enslave and control. 

The UU's clear ultimate goal is to enslave humanity on earth and use them to do their work. The UU give's absolutely no shits about the citizens having fun or making friends which is why they do searches to see if they are doing UPA. They do not want them to bond with eachother, they want to turn humans into UU drones. They keep them in houses and only give them access to be in a room with eachother with a permit or say if they are assigned to the same house. I say we make something productive and realistic under the half life 2 cannon instead of the bar so that citizens have something to do. 

Alcohol hinders performance, the combine need them to work and that's it, nothing else. Why do you think they have the suppression field? They don't need people bonding anymore, it's not important until maybe a specific time. We don't really know the combines ultimate goal because we haven't learned it yet but we do know the main goal which we see in effect. What we should try to speculate is, what do the citizens do when they aren't sitting in their houses because in the game you don't get to explore all of city 17 and get to see what citizens do within, because I'm sure the combine didn't invade to babysit grown men and women in their houses. Instead of fucking around with this bar which really makes no sense at all in the half life cannon, think about what would, work, jobs, etc. Something that involves slavery.

I get what you guys are saying about the bar having slow music and such, but the combine wouldn't take the time to manage something so useless to them its not even funny, you know what I mean? The UU wants to enslave humanity not care for them. They will protect their drones from things like anti-citizens which will lead away from that and they will do anything to persuade humans into thinking the UU is a better way Through Fear, through work, through brainwashing. The rebels are the eye openers.

Last edited by Colonel HollerHavoc on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

New feature we could possibly add. Empty Re: New feature we could possibly add.

Post  Guest Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:49 pm

A very good idea. This has my +support.

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:56 pm

It could work, but...

- If nobody is on the server to start it, you're just gonna die.
- If nobody is willing to RP dying of hunger, it ruins it for everyone.
- Reason why Gordon couldn't use the ration machine is because he didn't have a citizen bio-signal of any sort. He was placed on the train by G-Man. The guy standing by the door I think even says, "I never saw you get on the train." and when you are watching citizens get their rations, you don't see them place any sort of token into the machine, nor do you see a slot to insert a token. The blue/orange light on the machine is to detect a bio-signal, those with citizens bio-signals are allowed to take ONE ration per day.

So I don't know, I'm going to remain neutral for now, until you figure out a way to physically make it work.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:16 pm

//DarkPossum\\ wrote:It could work, but...

- Reason why Gordon couldn't use the ration machine is because he didn't have a citizen bio-signal of any sort. He was placed on the train by G-Man. The guy standing by the door I think even says, "I never saw you get on the train." and when you are watching citizens get their rations, you don't see them place any sort of token into the machine, nor do you see a slot to insert a token. The blue/orange light on the machine is to detect a bio-signal, those with citizens bio-signals are allowed to take ONE ration per day.

So I don't know, I'm going to remain neutral for now, until you figure out a way to physically make it work.
Well what I was going to do for that is, you have to have atleast a ratio where 2 CP's are on for it to work out other than that the hunger aspect will be deactivated until people get on. But It's just a general message for RPers to follow unless there is an addon to track hunger in clockwork or something like that.

And with the bio-signal, We don't really know if a BIO-SIGNAL even exists within citizens it could just be a CP allowing rations to be distributed or something like that but if it did exist, it's all DNA based anyways so we could just turn that token into a DNA Allocation or something either way I find it works out. But I would rather stick to a token.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wowdah Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:02 pm

//DarkPossum\\ wrote:It could work, but...

This is how most RP works anyway, timelines between separate characters don't align at all. Our best chances to enforce this will probably just to use it when there's enough of a population online, and spread out the time in which it's enforced (not too frequent.)

We were supposed to get daily rations anyway, but due to a lack of pop nobody's been there to enforce it.
Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Every problem we've come across in the past few weeks has been about lack of population.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:50 am

/me kicks thread to the top of the list.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wowdah Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Atlas wrote:Every problem we've come across in the past few weeks has been about lack of population.
 Exactly, and noone's willing to join in order to bring the pop, it's a team effort.
Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:38 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:PROTECT the citizens.
I want to hurt you with a dildo so bad for saying this.
CCA/ Civil protection is there to protect civilness, or something.
Not people.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:39 pm

Meleepayne wrote:
Not people.

so·ci·e·ty  
/səˈsīətē/

Noun

1. The aggregate of people living together in a more or less ordered community.

Therefore people are part of society, therefore, CCA protect society meaning they protect the citizens. They don't protect them as individuals but as a whole group which is what I mean. An aggregate. So this means that in order to protect society you have to protect the citizens so that there can be a proper ordered community, so how do they not protect the citizens? 

I did not say they protect one person specifically, but they sure as hell have to keep the citizens alive, Unless they disturb society, therefore being secluded from the ordered aggregate group meaning they have to removed.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:20 pm

They will keep citizens alive, but not at the cost of ANY of the CCA's lives or resources.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Masey Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:18 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:
Not people.

so·ci·e·ty  
/səˈsīətē/

Noun

Therefore people are part of society, therefore, CCA protect society meaning they protect the citizens. They don't protect them as individuals but as a whole group which is what I mean. An aggregate. So this means that in order to protect society you have to protect the citizens so that there can be a proper ordered community, so how do they not protect the citizens? 

I did not say they protect one person specifically, but they sure as hell have to keep the citizens alive, Unless they disturb society, therefore being secluded from the ordered aggregate group meaning they have to removed.

Alright, it's time I explain the CCA, and how they protect society in HL2 lore.

Right. You, as a citizen in a Combine-dominated sector, are a simple plebian in the higher-order of the patrician-dominated society that you are to live within. Simple enough? I'll just move on.

You are a useless as a grain of dirt. You are just a simple member of the now-dominated society, controlled specifically by the Combine. There are DOZENS of you, millions, if not thousands of you living within the sector, each-within their own designated population centers.

You are simply just one, of many citizens. The Combine do not wish to waste efforts in the protection of citizens, rather, they'd preserve, and protect the society that the citizens live within, thus allowing for civilization to dwindle under the reign of the Combine.

tl;dr you are a single feather in a pile of millions of other feathers
Masey
Masey
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:29 pm

Masey wrote:
HollerHavoc wrote:
Meleepayne wrote:
Not people.

so·ci·e·ty  
/səˈsīətē/

Noun

Alright, it's time I explain the CCA, and how they protect society in HL2 lore.

Right. You, as a citizen in a Combine-dominated sector, are a simple plebian in the higher-order of the patrician-dominated society that you are to live within. Simple enough? I'll just move on.

You are a useless as a grain of dirt. You are just a simple member of the now-dominated society, controlled specifically by the Combine. There are DOZENS of you, millions, if not thousands of you living within the sector, each-within their own designated population centers.

You are simply just one, of many citizens. The Combine do not wish to waste efforts in the protection of citizens, rather, they'd preserve, and protect the society that the citizens live within, thus allowing for civilization to dwindle under the reign of the Combine.

tl;dr you are a single feather in a pile of millions of other feathers
Exactly what I was getting at, they do not protect the citizen, no, they are rather protecting the group so that society can remain stable and be lower than them, a dictatorship where the combine rule.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CallChaos Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:31 pm

+ Support

But it should only be implemented when our population is increased.
CallChaos
CallChaos

Location : Aboard The Tyrant. An Eclipse class super star destroyer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:36 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:Ok so, with the removal of the bar and everything I have been piecing together this idea which would make everything make a little more sense and also give the citizens some nice RP to be doing and such. So I fucked up Diablo's post by accident on the other thread because i'm a dumb ass and didn't notice I was editing his text instead of quoting it ["GOD DAMMIT HOLLER"] I really don't know how I could have failed that bad because usually I catch myself when I'm doing shit by mistake like that. (Really Sorry Sad) Anyways I was going to introduce you guys to this idea but if you would read my speculation on the combine and such following the other thread, here it is.

If you would rather get to the point, scroll to the green bar and read beneath it.

Ok, People are confusing the CCA's morals and the UU's morals and everything else. The CCA are a figment of the UU, they are a part of the UU the protection team meant to PROTECT the citizens. They don't care about quality workers, you don't need a quality worker to do slave work this is not a domestic job, if they aren't good, they remove them and the cycle repeats. Citizens aren't meant to have fun, this is the HL2 lore, do you see anybody in C17 in a bar with even slow music!? NO.

You don't. The bear bottles you see in game are all in back alleys and such meaning they are pre war and forgotten. Let me ask you this, do the combine need to clean little thing up for citizens to work? No. They don't, Do they care about citizen entertainment NO, they simply want them as drones, which is clearly why they are putting shit in their food so that everything becomes less of a worry for them. The key to the UU is work, They aren't CE's (Civil Entertainers) They are Civil protection meaning they keep the UU's "citizens" Or drones alive to enslave and control.

The UU's clear ultimate goal is to enslave humanity on earth and use them to do their work. The UU give's absolutely no shits about the citizens having fun or making friends which is why they do searches to see if they are doing UPA. They do not want them to bond with each other, they want to turn humans into UU drones. They keep them in houses and only give them access to be in a room with each other with a permit or say if they are assigned to the same house. I say we make something productive and realistic under the half life 2 cannon instead of the bar so that citizens have something to do.

Alcohol hinders performance, the combine need them to work and that's it, nothing else. Why do you think they have the suppression field? They don't need people bonding anymore, it's not important until maybe a specific time. We don't really know the combines ultimate goal because we haven't learned it yet but we do know the main goal which we see in effect. What we should try to speculate is, what do the citizens do when they aren't sitting in their houses because in the game you don't get to explore all of city 17 and get to see what citizens do within, because I'm sure the combine didn't invade to babysit grown men and women in their houses. Instead of fucking around with this bar which really makes no sense at all in the half life cannon, think about what would, work, jobs, etc. Something that involves slavery.

I get what you guys are saying about the bar having slow music and such, but the combine wouldn't take the time to manage something so useless to them its not even funny, you know what I mean? The UU wants to enslave humanity not care for them. They will protect their drones from things like anti-citizens which will lead away from that and they will do anything to persuade humans into thinking the UU is a better way Through Fear, through work, through brainwashing. The rebels are the eye openers.
this entire wall of text wasn't needed, I just saw it as you're still butthurt over the bar.

Citizens aren't meant to have fun, this is the HL2 lore, do you see anybody in C17 in a bar with even slow music!? NO.
I also offered to make the bar OOC, rather than IC but you didn't listen.

Alcohol hinders performance, the combine need them to work and that's it, nothing else.
I also said we could get rid of the alcohol. again you ignored me.

HollerHavok wrote:With what diablo had said, society is what they protect, but citizens are a main part of society and so are the actions they perform to support it and help it such as jobs. So I was thinking what if we added in say a sort of working schedule for regular citizens, a mandatory job that they have to do to basically survive. I was thinking something which they would do at a certain time to contribute to the UU's purpose in enslaving them because we never got to see what the citizens were doing exactly besides being in their appartments all day. But with the TC lore, people would say well there are jobs and such. But I would say that these jobs should be more loyalist based such as the Nargodian and the Foto shop and Cafe and such. We need something that the non-working loyalists do. What I propose is a system where level 3 loyalists and up are the ONLY ones that can work at one of the CETA jobs. A CETA elligible person is someone who has worked as a regular grunt and may or may not have gone above and beyond what they were supposed to do to.

So, what I think should happen is, the citizens, with regular status are forced to work a mandatory job. How this will work is, each day will be a total of 90 minutes OOC. For 30 minutes, something will be called, I am naming it the Manual Labour Quarter, once this is ICLY called, all citizens under the status of level 3 loyalty will have to report to the plaza. (They don't have to but trust me, it is the wise thing to do). The citizens will be split evenly in half and one will be sent to Station A and the other to Station B. Within station A citizens will be responsible to work together and box supplies (Which will be set up and placed) and get them from Station A to station B. In station B, The citizens will take the supplies to the corresponding CETA stores. Now I realise that OOCLY Each CETA store has an unlimited supply of things to sell blah blah blah, I get that. But ICLY they don't giving the citizens something to do. When they show up to the stations, before entering for labour they will be applied by a CCA unit and given one Ration token. Now The ration tokens make sense because if you remember back to the beginning of hl2 in C17 when you go passed the ration distribution after the Pick up that can CP, if you try to retrieve some yourself, it doesn't allow you which may or may not imply that there are tokens specific to ration retrieval. So anyways, Following that you will have 0.5 loyalty points added to your data aswell, obviously if you fall under the malignant category you are fucked and will be dealt with accordingly. But, with that said this also will give you more of a reason for slums entry and such with my next part of the idea.

So After each MLQ (Manual Labour Quarter) A RDT Quarter will be initiated and the citizens will go and spend their tokens they acquired from MLQ to get food. Now with this said. for the rest the day (60 OOC minutes) MLQ will be over.

~ If you miss 1 Rations Quarter you are Hungry and Thirsty
~ If you miss 2 Rations Quarters you are Starving and Very Thirsty
~ If you miss 3 Rations Quarters you are on the brink of death.

Because if you miss 3 days without drinking you would die of dehydration unless of course you figure out a way to acquire water.

WIth that said service will be added to each citizen data for how many times they show for work.

MLQ SERVICE
-------------
3 Quarters <--- This is the amount of service times

1 RDT Token.

So once they go to the rations terminal if they have a token it will be deducted from their data.

Moving on to my CETA tweak so that it becomes compatible with this MLQ Feature. No longer will you be able to purchase from a CETA store with just a regular civil standing, In order to purchase from a CETA store you must be atleast loyalist level 1. This way each time you show for MLQ Service you will be inching towards loyal status. At level 2 you can do the same though from levels 1-2 you cannot apply for a CETA job. Once you reach the status of level 3, you may apply for a CETA job, and with that you get unlimited RDT tokens and your rations are doubled. This does not mean you can't acquire loyalty points from the old means such as cleaning and turning in contraband, but if you want to sacrifice your off time from MLQ, you can for sure go around and do extra work to push yourself to the level 3 status. Level 4-5 will work the same and such. CWU are the bosses of each place and will report if CETA workers are not performing up to standards.

NOTE: You CAN and WILL get your RDT token removed if you are not working or slacking during MLQ Service.

And that is about it for this idea, I am hoping to get feedback and support and such with this because I think you guys will like the idea, feel free to add to it because I want this to not only just be my idea that gets put in, I want to make it everybody's.
This could work, but we would need a very good population every day, going to be NEUTRAL on this

Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:25 am

[POSTS REMOVED DUE TO OFF-TOPIC]
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:12 pm

General Bravo wrote:[POSTS REMOVED DUE TO OFF-TOPIC]
That's cute, removing my post of what we could possibly add to this feature, and claiming it was "off topic" when it really wasn't. this message is off topic, not the one I posted.
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum