The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
What TC really needs (Warning, long) EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
What TC really needs (Warning, long) EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
What TC really needs (Warning, long) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
What TC really needs (Warning, long) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
What TC really needs (Warning, long) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
What TC really needs (Warning, long) EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
What TC really needs (Warning, long) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
What TC really needs (Warning, long) EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
What TC really needs (Warning, long) EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
What TC really needs (Warning, long) EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

What TC really needs (Warning, long)

+4
Precinct Helghast
General Bravo
Jaquecz
Slashraider
8 posters

Go down

What TC really needs (Warning, long) Empty What TC really needs (Warning, long)

Post  Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Guys. I've been reading some of these posts, and I'm seeing a lot of stuff on how a map change will bring back TC or how C08 has destroyed our playerbase, blah blah. That's all only partially correct. The community dropped when C08 started, yes. But that is because there was nothing to do and RP was getting stale and boring. The best characters were dying. A lot of our best players left because they noticed this too, but felt there wasn't anything they could do to change it.

It's going to take more than changing to C18 to bring us back. I go on to the server, usually every day, while it's empty. I'll wait there for hours at a time, inviting people in and teaching new players the basics. But the new players leave because there are no regulars to RP with, and the flow of new players has dropped to 0.

We need to be more active, try to keep the pop up. When people see a server with people playing on it, they join. It's very simple. DIABLO, I mean no disrespect, but you haven't been on the server in a long time. Same with TC's other admins, like Bravo and Noobstrike. Without admins on to help out the newbies we won't even get any new players.

If the above was too long for you to read, basically we all need to be more active. Then new players will see a decent population and check us out, bringing in more players.

Back to top Go down

What TC really needs (Warning, long) Empty Re: What TC really needs (Warning, long)

Post  Slashraider Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:25 pm

And I think we need a new story... Perhaps our own lore to make us stand up and unique. People loved roleplaying with the story of Joe Partel or with the Enclave, now most of that is gone... And it is just boring. We need a story, something to RP.. Something new players could figure out parts of the story as they keep RPing, figure out pieces at any point in time and put them together, figuring out which path they want to choose.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

What TC really needs (Warning, long) Empty Re: What TC really needs (Warning, long)

Post  Guest Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:33 pm

Not a bad idea. Roleplaying is entirely story-based, and if we have some major storyline to TC that can be participated in by any average player, we might be able to bring in some more people.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:54 pm

What TC needs...needs...er.
IT NEEDS TO BE MORE FUN
...and...er...
People stop leaving when characters end up dead...
and...er...
TC Fallout rp...and...
SEVERANCE.
(fucking goddamnit Cloud16 get us our zahmbiez)
But In all drowsy seriousness (and me being as sleepy as I am, which is consciously trying to stay awake, so it's not that serious probably)
We need to have an actual incentive to jump on and play the HL2RP server we got going on.
Before it was the RP
But then people had characters dead, and since that character seemed to have been the thingy that connects them to TC, they be all like "MY RP EXPERIENCE IS GONE, MY CHARACTER THAT HAS BEEN ALIVE FOR SO LONG AND HAS HAD A STORY THAT HAS HAD ITS 15th SEQUEL IS GONE, AND I DON'T WANT TO GET ANOTHER CHARACTER TO BE THAT AWESOME" (I'm sleepy, gimme a break)
So they decide to either take a long-ass break, or leave, or get a character, try to make it good, then get bored and leave. That person IS some of the rp, when that person leaves, bits of TC's RP end's up leaving, eventually the RP is all gone because all or most of the people that could've actually gone and MADE RP happen are gone.
[I don't know if i'm getting my point across in my 3 day marathon of no sleep, but If i am, let me know.]
I'm suggesting that we go with a RP restart.
If i try to provide a reason in my forced awake state, It'll come out as shit.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:51 pm

An RP restart won't fix anything because, at our low population, instead of there being few storylines going on, there would be none going on. People would get even more bored and even more annoyed and EVERYONE would have to "spend forever" and grind their way to characters that reach the goals of their players. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:22 pm

Yeah a RP restart would probably make me leave. Just saying.
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:54 am

Not happening, if that happens im taking my $130 back and leaving, I've spent like almost a year here.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:32 am

With Joe Partell? No one gave a shit about my characters, hell even I didn't.

Bottom line is that an RP restart with characters and play style is exactly what this community needs to survive.
The other line that is next to the bottom is that this is exactly what people don't want. I'm not gonna force things onto people, I never wanted to. In fact, this whole community was by my choice and I never forced any of you in here.

The other line that I like to go to is the one that remember we are all still here. Even if that doesn't mean much, one year is a long time for a total impromptu community start up run by a few dudes. Even weirder is that only 1 dude was expecting it. Everyone else simply transferred. The sad part is that most people from SoTA left. The good part is we built ourselfs our own community.

And there are no refunds. I haven't received a donation in months. Your money bought its month's use a long time ago.

Seriously. Donations, I haven't seen one is a long time.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:20 am

DIABLO258 wrote:
Bottom line is that an RP restart with characters and play style is exactly what this community needs to survive.

The point has been agreed with by many that most will give up if there is a restart, for the reasons I stated earlier. Everyone ragequitting because everyone has to start at square one and there are no storylines going on is not what any community needs to survive, least of all this one. What we need is more innovation and new ideas, primarily directed in the plaza area. The average plaza event is as follows: shit happens, CCA lock citizens inside, CCA run around and do shit, event ends, CCA let citizens out. And then the run to the slums starts because , TBH plaza RP has been rather boring of late. It has consisted of the following: walking around the plaza aimlessly, standing in one spot staring mindlessly at a wall, walking into a store and buying something, walking around the CAH aimlessly, getting rations every once in a million years, getting locked inside the CAH and walking around aimlessly during an event, then being let out to go back to walking around the plaza aimlessly.

There was a point a WHILE back where we had citizens do forced labor to manufacture stuff. This forced people to at least be doing something. It's been gone for a long time now. We should bring it back.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Precinct Helghast wrote:Not happening, if that happens im taking my $130 back and leaving, I've spent like almost a year here.

You have "Donated" your money, you have not made a purchase. Therefore whoever you donated to is allowed to do what they want with the money, this is stated under the terms and conditions. Legally Diablo does not have to give you a refund unless you want to take it to court, where you would probably lose and he could just sue you for false accusations and bam, you owe him more money.

But I'm still not sure about a restart, I'm not sure if it would change anything. People worked very hard to achieve things like high CCA ranks and loyalist statuses and simply have developed characters.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 pm

You took that out of Context.

Its what we need to survive, because if we completely start from scratch we will be at square 1. Giving us plenty of room to grow and gain new members just like we did a year ago. Not to mention, its the crazy stories that got rid of the Citizen group almost entirely.

The out of Context part is where I said that the people don't want this. Meaning, it will most likely not happen. And if it did, those who remained would fight to get it to go back to how it was. Its a pointless topic, because after I suggested it, it was thrown into the ground.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 pm

Well there is some truth to both sides of this, Characters should not be something that people get overly attached to but at the same time, It is understandable as to why someone would get attached, its like reading a book or watching a TV series or movie, you grow attached to the character and feel for them and stuff. I don't think an RP restart will solve anything and there is a huge reason I posted as to why I know we don't need it. But with that said, characters should die. Characters should never live forever, even CCA. I think that deaths in RP are one of the biggest things that make it up. If you look back to this scene in The incredibles, watch what he says.

"When everyone's super, no one will be." That is the exact replication of what will happen if too many characters build to the high point, nobody will want to die meaning everybody will be almost invincible giving nobody a reason to play. How it is right now is not at that point, but I feel it is slowly creeping nearer and nearer. Bottom line is, characters should die and people should make new ones so that RP continues on, new development happens and then the cycle will be endless and fun.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CallmeBambiefornowon. Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:45 am

I Agree with all of this (most of it anyways Razz ) The Only thing that got me disappointed is that I had to make Frankie Astro a new person, no longer the pharmacist... But I got over that because I got a new job now. What I think it need's is people demonstrating that we can Rp seriously and sometimes we can have fun, So we can show that our server is fun to play and worth their time. Once they find out our server is good and is unique from others, They'll probably invite friends, then they might invite their friends and on and on. But, that's just my opinion.
CallmeBambiefornowon.
Gold Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down