The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
Enough is enough - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
Enough is enough - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
Enough is enough - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
Enough is enough - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
Enough is enough - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
Enough is enough - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
Enough is enough - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
Enough is enough - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
Enough is enough - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
Enough is enough - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

Enough is enough

+11
Cergis
Noobstrike
Chris10023
Cereal
Slashraider
Gremnkai
Atlas
ElderViking
[Redacted]
General Bravo
Ineptbird7
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Enough is enough - Page 2 Empty Re: Enough is enough

Post  Silver Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 am

Makes me sad to read that, but you're right.

TC's story has been told. It was awesome. But, the matter of fact is, while some of us still want it go on, most people got bored with it. That's why the community is inactive. Not because "no events" and "no action". No, because most people are bored with it. Do people still play Skyrim every day? Some, but most people got bored with it by now and moved on. Same thing happened with TC.

Now, I wouldn't say we butchered it. What we did was, attempt to recreate it. And, for a while, it worked. It showed us that there's still potential. It doesn't seem like it's going to work in the long run though, so, best thing now might be to move on.

What I think we should do

TC: The Next Generation (working title)
The events of TC happened. Gordon Freeman appeared, started a revolution and disappeared. In City 17, survivors of the uprising are scattered and in constant war with the Combine. Some of the old TC characters are still alive, several years older.

Why do this? New setting, new schema, no citizen RP, high quality Lambda+CCA RP, continueing our story. Renewal of interest.

I dunno. Just brainstorming. I think the only possible fix is move on. Just like TC is SOTA's succesor, TC needs a succesor. I barely have any time on my hands nowadays, so if someone else feels like realizing this, go ahead.

All of you are welcome at Maelstrom, of course, but I gotta warn you, RP at Maelstrom is very different from RP here. We also have some problems with populations lately, and I really haven't been able to do a lot about that (yay college).
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:37 am

You can continue the cannon, its not TC's anyway. But please dont use TheCrew as a name. The cannon belongs to communities from farther before SoTA. Giving TC credit for it wouldn't be right, nor do I want TheCrew to be a community I don't run.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:39 am

I figured. That's why it's a working title. If I end up founding anything, it would most likely be under the Maelstrom brand.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:42 am

Thanks for understanding.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:46 am

All I have to say is... you should have just told us Diablo, we would have understood this a while ago. Man, I completely understand, I know it's letting your personal life out, but I would have honestly just told you to not worry so much about TC if your life had that much trouble, I wish you luck man, I really do, you can turn that shit around, Idk where I'll go next, most likely will stick with Bravo with his SWRP and such. It was an honour to work here with you guys..
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cergis Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:54 am

This brings a tear in my eye, reading this when I'm suppose to be asleep, diablo you are right, I was part of this, I have left shame on this community awhile ago, I'm... I found a new server to fill my RP needs, KWG, Fallout, but let's not talk about it, I'm gonna miss this place, this was the birthplace of... Well... Me, the server helped my social skill immensily, I finally spoke to a girl I liked, even though I was so shy, you guys helped me, I wish all of you a happy life, Diablo, if you need a 14 year old kid to talk to, PM me on steam, we live closely, and I understand what you're going through, with the suicide stuff, I felt like that when my mother died when I was in 6th grade, anyways Cergis is out.
Cergis
Cergis

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:15 am

Colonel HollerHavoc wrote:you should have just told us Diablo, we would have understood this a while ago.

It's just not in my wiring, bro.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:18 am

I understand completely man. I know you will turn your life around for the better, things will pick up for you man. Wishing you the best of luck.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:20 am

Diablo0258 wrote:PSS: You, ineptbird, you piss me off.
I never wanted TC to go through this. You say I don't care. Fuck you. I came close to dying because of the fucked up things this place had me doing. And actually, I most likely will die! Becuase of TC my school career is fucked! Unless... of course... you want me to drop it all AGAIN and save TheCrew from its SECOND death, because YOU want me too. I never asked to bring TC back. So please, don't tell me what to do and stay the hell away from my thoughts.

Don't go placing the blame on Inept, she had no idea about the problems you are going through, none of us did. If you had told us about this back when the server originally died, I think everyone would've understood why you didn't want to restart the server again.

And I do wish you the best of luck getting your life back on track.
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ineptbird7 Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:03 am

I didn't know... you never told us... you never told me... I got so angry and desperate for it not to die... I did'nt know you were killing yourself for it... Diablo... you don't have to continue on.. you don't need me to tell you that... but.. nothing is worth a good life... Kickass in the most beautifulest far crai three alright? I'm sorry... I'll try my best to get the server up again...
Ineptbird7
Ineptbird7
Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:28 am

Diablo, my respects go to you. You burnt yourself out for us. You had no reason to do so, but you did. Out of your own free will. And I must certainly agree with you that TC's time has come.

You need time away from all this. Don't let TC consume your life. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. You are human and you need your own time. Under the assumption that you're in college also, I know how difficult it can be. Guys, it's time. Way past time. This place isn't going to revive itself, and no matter how many people join, it will never be the same again. The spark is gone, but you guys keep trying to light it up again with a wet match. Even I am guilty of this.

I'm not exactly a big voice here, considering I'm just some regular who's been drifting around since C45, but I think Diablo has made the best decision possible. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. I don't mean that as just a courtesy, I really mean it. I've had my share of the "experience", I just got it way early. Trust me. You'll pull through with this, Diablo. Don't let anyone get you down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Yeah, I agree with Chris here.

Inept did this stuff because she cared about TC. We all did. It's what good regulars do. We had no way of knowing you were having any problems; you can't blame us for not knowing. You made your own choices; none of that was influenced by us. Blaming anyone for what happened isn't fair.

For as far I understood it, Bravo was going to revive TC on his own, and you were going to be standing at the sidelines. You not having time to do that is fine.

Nobody asked you to revive TC. You chose to get involved yourself. You shouldn't blame anyone here for what happened. You chose to dedicate time to TC; nobody here forced you to. Actually, for about the last year, the community did a great job of managing itself without much interference.

Not trying to make things worse here, but I felt like this had to be said. If you disagree, that's fine.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:57 pm

I could also say "I get it diablo"
But I probably wouldn't.
Every person has their own fountain of shit cascading down a hill all over their fuck biscuit of a life.
Some biscuits have butter.
Some are flakey.
Some are a hockey puck that won't break for shit.
Some are moldy.
Point being, as little as this is, I would like to at least say thanks.
I figured my rp time was all washed up, I felt like a shit-tier admin, felt like all my characters stories would halt on clift hangers after SOTA.
But thanks to you I got a decent time as secretorial, decent time to take the enclave story into my own hands,
It was an honest period of incredibly fun gaming freedom that I couldn't have found anywhere else.

Also dealing with my Tom-Fuckery and Horse [Censored by Janitor] McGee retardation spasms more than you had to is appreciated.
I definitely was not nor ever will be TC's best/most creative/useful staff member, but I was given a lot of leniency to try.likealot.

As for your personal life.
To actually carry out a hard job to throw money to a group of teenagers you will never meet in real life who all sit on a game, shows quite a bit of generosity.
It is rlllly hard for me to part with hard earned money.
It's not like it went to a charity or anything either, just an act of simple kindness.
Not many people can do that. lordy jesus better have some karma points saved up for u.

AND while I was never really I guess your super-buddy-best-friend after SOTA since it was hard to stay friends with the owner while being the forum-town-drunk thing, you overall as a gamery person were pretty damn funny/entertaining. You over the mic on c45 was like watching Deadcherry scream at 12 year olds and blasting their dead corpses with the admin AWP all over again. twas amazing. you could commentate for games or somethin. out-do pewdiepie.
Anyway.
tl:dr- Thank you for your time, work, money, and tolerance to my rainbow streams of 3rd reich bullshit.
Good luck to you, I hope your life sorts out. Find something fun, interesting, something you can call your own.
I delt with stress and stuff by becoming a retard.
a duck.
i became a duck.
ducks shove water off their back and dont get wet.
life shit is water.
beaduck.
*in b4 photoshop of diablo with a duck bill*
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Everyone here thinks I should have made better decisions for myself instead of TC, that is what I am doing now, you know, by saying goodbye to it all here and now?

And to whomever cares to who I blame, it is myself. Trust me, I don't blame people here.

Just don't say I don't care about this place. That pisses me off. Did you know that everything you see on this page right now exists because of me? Psh, 'I don't care', if I didn't TC wouldn't have made it a year and a half.
And im not defending myself on what I said. I got angry, so I said it. sorry but that's how I get when I am angry. Don't make me angry, please. Plus, my intentions were to run the show until 3 months was up. I was originally going to stand on the side lines, but the idea of having a balance point for power seemed MUCH better in terms of who gets power. Give the title to one guy, but give the power to another guy who honestly can't abuse it (I pay money for this place, if I dick around I am wasting my own hard earned cash). Then when the title guy wants to use the power he has access to, I would make sure he wasn't going to abuse or use in a way for his own personal gain. To me it was beneficial to TC, so I pounced. And, as well as that idea went, kinda, it was more of the whole deja vu deal for me.

As soon as the population fell I pretty much threw my hands in the air. We end up in the same place every single time. My conclusion was to wait for the 3 months to end. The sad part was that I had already made this decision when TC first died. I wanted it to end because money was being wasted and it seemed like HL2RP had just lost its popularity. Unfortunately the persuasion of the General and a few other hopeful beings got me to sing along with the revival idea, because hey, I would love to get a new community up on its feet. It would be my pleasure to let you stay here for awhile. Then one thing led to another and plans of everyone being moved out stopped being talked about, and it was almost forgotten. This is when the population fell, and all of a sudden everyone is mad or sad, or possibly just wanting more RP in some way. Somehow I am to blame for this, because "I dont care". Its like, me not caring is what killed this community. The one that outlived its ancestors, ide say, six times as much? Yeah, I'm sorry I freaked out. But when you say I don't care about this place that I changed my life for, you are cutting pretty deep. So, i'm sorry Inept that I flipped. I know you only wanted to help TC. I just feel you stepped a little to far over my own line when it comes to what I think.

-----------

Noobstrike,

Funny that we were typing on the same thread at the same time. Anyway. Thanks.
I actually saved this for when this was all gonna go down. I just snagged it because I thought it was special, but I kept the text of you approving my CCA app on DeadAnarchy. Probably the best moment in my RP experience was this acceptance.

Enough is enough - Page 2 Noob_a10

This was my first taste of Noobstrike. And it was probably the very moment I decided to keep RPing. So, in turn, I should thank you Noob. Without you I wouldn't have done any of this, I suppose.

On the other side though, I never did get rid of you for a lot of reasons. Even if ZuE had some well put arguments. One was that you got a long with everyone all the time. Everyone enjoyed your company, and sometimes the occasional OOC time. You had great ideas, like CETA. Great stories like Phantom and the SeC. Hell, you are one of the oldest members we have. We old timers need to stick together, amiright? But most of all, you were the most inspiring one back in DA and SoTA. D-Lop was on the side, but it was you that I always saw at the top when Snake wasn't around.

So, thanks. And you are welcome. I may never get to meet any of you, but in all honesty I really don't want to. My mental pictures I have of all the fun times we spent together is all I need. Its what I remember the most, and I wouldn't trade them away for anything.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Consider yourself lucky, Diablo. You and basically 92% of people get those things called memories that I have so few of. Mainly because of memory loss. I gotta agree with Noobstrike here, all the money that you have thrown down simply to provide others with entertainment is incredible in my eyes. You didn't even ask for so much as a thank you from us (which I'm still going to give you, whether you like it or not). You sit pretty close to the top of the "People that I still actually remember that I highly respect" list.

Also, that text snippet has reminded me that I require my daily dose of the weird part of YouTube.

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:46 pm

#nostalgiaville2k14
http://sotagaming.forumotion.com/t1p165-cca-application#1685

Feels like such a long time ago now. For that exact reason, I'm not going to let the stories and development that took so many people so much time and effort fade away into the abyss that is the internet.

The time seems to have come, for real this time.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atlas Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Jeez. Everyone has some god damned deficiency or health issue. Stop competing on who has it worse. Life comes and we have to deal with it. I'm just lucky I'm average as hell. So good luck to all with health issues.
Atlas
Atlas
Platinum Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:59 pm

We aren't "competing" over "who has it worse". Life happens. Life breaks people. And right now life is giving Diablo trouble, so I'm trying to give textual support.

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:47 pm

I'm 17. I'm aware that in this part of life I am supposed to experience some pretty wild shit. Its just, on top of that, I've been a slacker all my life. So now its all coming down on me. With school in one hand and TC in the other, I chose TC more and more often because it was entertaining and stress revealing. But after so long it started to dull out. Yet I still cared.

In the end I have to choose, and I choose my life. I don't have some disorder or deficiency. I'm a 17 year old kid who is having troubles in school because of my history known as "not doing homework". This type of thing happening to me currently is a normal thing for the type of kid I am. A lazy, video game playing, pot head, energetic, ADHD ridden kid.
But you know what? It was all worth it.
(And for the record I don't think ADHD is a disorder. Everyone's got it to some degree)
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:00 am

ADHD is, in my view, one of innumerable diseases and disorders made up to sell pills and get everyone drugged up. Probably somebody making a control play.

Anyway, as chaotic as this phase in your life is, it's also probably one of the higher points. So much is open to you. What's required of you is that you go and get it. But, that's something not even I can push you to do. That's on you to figure things out. I wish you luck on whatever endeavor you move on to after TC finally ends.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:16 am

So far this thread has honestly evolved into a "lets explain how bad my life is" thread, and since Diablo already said that he's gonna let the server die this month I see no reason to keep on arguing and fighting over something that's already decided. Unless of course Diablo could change his mind possibly which I don't see him doing.
(The gif may be a little harsh but it was all i could find)
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Wowdah Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:11 pm

General Bravo wrote:Then perhaps it is time I unleash more real consequences. Enough is indeed enough.

Are.

General Bravo wrote:A new player wouldn't really know what to think or expect. Otherwise they wouldn't be very new, now would they? But I can't be wasting time looking over opinions of people who have said they want nothing to do with this place.

You.

General Bravo wrote:The fact that it's my time notwithstanding, my time is still more important because I'm the one who's being expected to fix each and every little problem people have right now, where as you, again, have left. So no, in this situation, your time is not more important or less important. Rather, it isn't even involved, because you removed yourself from the equation.

Actually fucking.

General Bravo wrote:And I threaten nothing but more strict order. If you view that as a threat, then, seriously, I don't know why you're still sitting here posting in reply to somebody who's "threatening" and "condescending."

Kidding.

General Bravo wrote:I cast aside the opinions of people who are leaving. Why? Because they aren't going to be here anymore. Why should I focus on what people who are just leaving anyway think when I should be focusing on a: getting the server operational, b: bringing in new players, and c: retaining the people who still actually want to be here. And before you say some of the stuff you folks have been saying goes into A, the issue with that is a lot of it is just blaming staff(or me directly)for everything, as if nobody else has any effect on the situation whatsoever. Hate to break it to you, but they do. As a matter of fact, everyone really kind of shares the blame. We are far past the time where we could get to 11/30 just by having a staff meeting. Other people need to connect. We can't have events all the time for several reasons, so people need to actually RP with each other. Neither has been happening.

Me.
Wowdah
Wowdah
Silver Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:20 pm

DIABLO just post 2 more responses so you can leave with 1000 posts Smile
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down