The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
New Objectives EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
New Objectives EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
New Objectives EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
New Objectives EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
New Objectives EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
New Objectives EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
New Objectives EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
New Objectives EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
New Objectives EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
New Objectives EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

New Objectives

+8
Silver
Noobstrike
Unknown
Mahunik
Chris10023
DIABLO258
Gremnkai
General Bravo
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Objectives Empty New Objectives

Post  General Bravo Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:15 pm

I find it regrettable that this community was basically allowed to dissipate the second the server closed. My current objective is to rectify that. Now, I'm not going to begin to elaborate on my plans unless I know interest exists. Let me know if you would be interested in reforming TC and starting anew.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

New Objectives Empty Re: New Objectives

Post  Gremnkai Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:27 am

I would join.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:00 pm

I would be a regular. Finally I would get to RP and not work.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:05 pm

I would join fo sho'.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:09 pm

I'd be in
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Help me spread the word to the old gang. In order to make sure we get a good start, we need as many people on board as possible. Also, there'll be discussions about staff positions in the near future.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Ill be able to stop in occasionally when I have the free time.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:50 am

I give Zaughi one more week like he promised and then I'm in with this.
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:49 pm

I do believe Bravo mentioned something about December to me. Well, just give me a call when you need me Bravo. I am going to be heading to Iowa to see family over Wednesday-Sunday so online time will be minimal, how ever I will have online time each day and all night, every night .
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:04 pm

Remember remember, the first of December. Something like that. However, I'll be elaborating on my intentions tomorrow, so you won't have to wait too long to know what I'm up to.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:21 pm

I'll just let you know I am hitting the road around 3 or 4ish. Central.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:49 pm

So you're actually going through with this? Huh... can't say I'm suprised.

Well, Bravo, be sure to drop by TTG sometime, and good luck with your new community!

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Good luck with TTG.

For the rest of you, I have made the decision that, to save time and effort, we will continue to use TC infrastructure(forum, Steam group, and anything else we have). My question to you is should we continue to use the TC name or is it time to rebrand?
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:05 pm

As far as I am concerned if we are going to be using the same forum and steam communities, we should not change the name. That would remove any evidence that TC existed other than eye witness accounts. And this place means to much to me for us to just take its name down and put something else up. That's what Snake did to Cherry, and Cherry went kinda crazy after that.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:57 pm

General Bravo wrote:Good luck with TTG.

For the rest of you, I have made the decision that, to save time and effort, we will continue to use TC infrastructure(forum, Steam group, and anything else we have). My question to you is should we continue to use the TC name or is it time to rebrand?
Most definitely keep the name
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Next, in the hopes on ensuring even longer existence of this iteration of TC, I want to know the reasons people believe TC died before.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:34 pm

TC died from one thing only, and that was lack of good roleplay. I've been asking around, finding out the reasons people left TC so I could strengthen TTG. My responses were:

Too much OOC
The staff
Not enough good roleplay
Constant minge attacks
Death of Character
Not sure how to start a new character (development-wise)
Too many restrictions on roleplay

Be sure to take these into account, these seemed to be the most common responses. All of these can and will interrupt roleplay, so keep an eye on these factors

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi TC. Sorry I havent been posting things, but ive been reading the forum. So no Im not dead. Sad to see TC went down to the extent of having a server, but Im all with you bravo on trying again. Im STILL waiting for a new computer. My old one entirely died inside out because it was full of cat hair and dust. Luckily this windows 98-ish laptop can actually load the forum! WHOA! But yeah Ill do whatever I can to help plan, but I cant get on steam from this thing. As for why I think the community died:

Tons of wonderful creative ideas that looked good written down, but no effort to enforce them.

Bordom as a whole. People did not enjoy development of the character and instead went to develop possessions and weapons

Interaction. Seperate groups formed that pushed people away. People didn't consider real things like...awkward pauses or...that feeling you get when it seems no one in a new group likes you. To the most specific level, general RP was not diverse enough. Need better like...vocabulary...and detail. Instead of bob telling bill that bob is mad at bill, bob might say "/me glares at Bill, clenching his hands into a fist, letting out an aggressive tone "BILL YOURE A FAGGOT"" or whatever instead of Bob says: bill im mad at u.

Combat- we never had a for sure enforced system of s2m or s2k. Do you s2k if someone is standing out of cover like a derp? If you get hit by a grenade are you dead? How long can you be wounded before you actually die? We need a for sure system of how much someone can take, and how much they can realistically put out against someone or something else.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silver Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Zaughi wrote:
Too much OOC
The staff
Not enough good roleplay
Constant minge attacks
Death of Character
I believe some of these points are completely missing the point.

Too much OOC:
Well, we had some OOC, but I don't believe we had too much. And if we did, this is sure not the reason TC died.

The staff:
Whaaaaat? The staff on TC was freaking great, honestly. I met some amazing people and some amazing staff members. Most of the active staff on TC was great, and I'm pretty sure this wasn't a reason for TC's death.

I mean, sure. Things could have been better. We had some inactive staff who didn't really know what was going on but still tried to change things. Some staff picks were pretty odd in my eyes. Not trying to brag but, right now, I run an extremely active succesful roleplaying community that has been going strong for 6 months, coded an entire schema and my plugins run on numerous servers. I still feel like, if I would have been on the TC staff, I would have been able to do something.

Not enough good roleplay:
Well, that's after it died, not the reason it died.

Constant minge attacks:
Don't remember this.

Death of Character:
I can imagine this pushing people away, yeah. The thing is, character death itself doesn't push people away, it pushes people away if it's done in an unfair asspull like way. This did happen, yeah.

Not sure how to start a new character (development-wise):
Don't think that's something specific with TC.

Too many restrictions on roleplay:
This is probably closest to the truth. It's a bit complicated though. Restrictions on roleplay are often a good thing. They make sure people stick to the meta and generally keep the quality high. But when a player base is slowly dwindling, something needs to chance to turn the tide. That didn't happen. Some of us tried, but nothing got authed. Instead, we got a map change to a map where a lot of roleplay disappeared. And I think that was the real reason TC died. You couldn't reach the people you knew, you couldn't talk, it was restricted. It restricted the good parts and only left the bad parts.

Welp. Kinda long post. I long for some HL2RP, so I'm hoping you'll be able to pull it off Bravo.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Unknown Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:19 am

Silver wrote:
Zaughi wrote:
Too much OOC
The staff
Not enough good roleplay
Constant minge attacks
Death of Character
I believe some of these points are completely missing the point.

Too much OOC:
Well, we had some OOC, but I don't believe we had too much. And if we did, this is sure not the reason TC died.

The staff:
Whaaaaat? The staff on TC was freaking great, honestly. I met some amazing people and some amazing staff members. Most of the active staff on TC was great, and I'm pretty sure this wasn't a reason for TC's death.

I mean, sure. Things could have been better. We had some inactive staff who didn't really know what was going on but still tried to change things. Some staff picks were pretty odd in my eyes. Not trying to brag but, right now, I run an extremely active succesful roleplaying community that has been going strong for 6 months, coded an entire schema and my plugins run on numerous servers. I still feel like, if I would have been on the TC staff, I would have been able to do something.

Not enough good roleplay:
Well, that's after it died, not the reason it died.

Constant minge attacks:
Don't remember this.

Death of Character:
I can imagine this pushing people away, yeah. The thing is, character death itself doesn't push people away, it pushes people away if it's done in an unfair asspull like way. This did happen, yeah.

Not sure how to start a new character (development-wise):
Don't think that's something specific with TC.

Too many restrictions on roleplay:
This is probably closest to the truth. It's a bit complicated though. Restrictions on roleplay are often a good thing. They make sure people stick to the meta and generally keep the quality high. But when a player base is slowly dwindling, something needs to chance to turn the tide. That didn't happen. Some of us tried, but nothing got authed. Instead, we got a map change to a map where a lot of roleplay disappeared. And I think that was the real reason TC died. You couldn't reach the people you knew, you couldn't talk, it was restricted. It restricted the good parts and only left the bad parts.

Welp. Kinda long post. I long for some HL2RP, so I'm hoping you'll be able to pull it off Bravo.
I gotta agree with Silver here. Zaughi, your opinion of too much OOC is a little off. On the first day your server opened, even the first minute, there was 0% OOC allowed. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but if you get too hardcore about it players will feel restricted and then you cause a new problem.

And the staff really wasnt a problem at all. It got to a point near the end when the server dying wasnt under the staffs or the owners control. I remember, me, Holler, Slash, Hunik and a few others going on the server every morning and inviting everybody. But when nobody joins its not the staffs fault.

And every other problem you listed is just a branch to the tree of the main problem.
Server got old, regulars stopped playing, admins got bored and shit just didn't happen.

And I don't see how character death could possibly ever be a problem. Part of character development is allowing your characters story to end. If all books had no end to them, then you would get stuck inside the book and go insane in your attic like that kid the The Never Ending Story. All characters have to come to an end at some point. I've lost at least 20 characters on TC alone and I don't go cry and leave the community for it. It allow me to grow as a person and as a player and eventually allow me to mature to the point where I became OP.

Last edited by //DarkPossum\ on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Penis)
Unknown
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:22 pm

I think we should change up the map layout and basis of things. Maybe a different CCA system. Where when you finish training you are placed into a squad that has a designated NCO and team members. This would also bring more things a CCA officer could work towards. Like leading a fire team or earning a special position in your team. I cannot stress how much more we need to enforce fear rp with police and what not.
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:33 pm

And when would you folks like to see the server open back up?
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [Redacted] Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:57 am

Sooner or later would be fine, whenever it is convenient for you/diablo to do your thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And as for the talk on the reason TC died. I feel that it was never really the infrastructure that caused TC to die, but rather that certain things in it stayed too much the same, or were changed to drastically at a time. Such as the map change from C45 to C08 which honestly was the signing of the death contract in my eyes. I am not saying the planned out Idea for how C08 was to work was bad or anything like that. I just think it pushed most people in the restriction direction to drastically, stripping them of things too quickly, such as equipment and unity. This was so drastic that it changed the course of how certain things worked, leaving leaders such as Erica powerless and lets not forget the incident with Stinger.

People started getting fed up with how things were changing without too much direct consent of the community. Me? I didn't really mind C08 all that much, but the fact that it bugged all the people around me more than myself, dragged me down too. I didn't know what to do anymore and by the time we were back in C18, people just assumed and stereotyped TC as a dying community with no hope whatsoever. Sort of a little Holler rant, but it is my take on the whole reason for dying business.

I say, we work on changing all the aspects that can accept a healthy change. Ask anybody what they look for in a community, or want in one, rather than what destroyed it. There is no way TC should have died and the reason why is self evident in its strengthened past. When I first joined, things were practically the same, only everybody was happy and working together to create a fun realistic role playing experience. Certain things, such as ammo whoring and spammo and shit like that which broke away from realistic immersion also picked away at the infrastructure. Noobstrike and I have had our lengthy discussions about how we started becoming almost like drones of power looking for ammo and guns, not worrying about essential roleplay elements and it slowly turned into battle/chess with RP rolling and complaining. And that is another thing. So many people used to complain over the combat system, we need to talk about how combat will work, and make a good strong system that isn't easily exploited. I can't tell you how many fucking nights I spent, talking in LOOC over whether or not, a bullet wound would hurt someone as much as it did.

Well that's just about all I have to say, all I know is if we want to bring the community back to where it was and get it even stronger than it was, those are some things to think about.
[Redacted]
[Redacted]
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noobstrike Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:03 pm

HollerHavoc wrote:
And as for the talk on the reason TC died. I feel that it was never really the infrastructure that caused TC to die, but rather that certain things in it stayed too much the same, or were changed to drastically at a time. Such as the map change from  C45 to C08 which honestly was the signing of the death contract in my eyes. I am not saying the planned out Idea for how C08 was to work was bad or anything like that. I just think it pushed most people in the restriction direction to drastically, stripping them of things too quickly, such as equipment and unity. This was so drastic that it changed the course of how certain things worked, leaving leaders such as Erica powerless and lets not forget the incident with Stinger.

People started getting fed up with how things were changing without too much direct consent of the community. Me? I didn't really mind C08 all that much, but the fact that it bugged all the people around me more than myself, dragged me down too. I didn't know what to do anymore and by the time we were back in C18, people just assumed and stereotyped TC as a dying community with no hope whatsoever. Sort of a little Holler rant, but it is my take on the whole reason for dying business.

I say, we work on changing all the aspects that can accept a healthy change. Ask anybody what they look for in a community, or want in one, rather than what destroyed it. There is no way TC should have died and the reason why is self evident in its strengthened past. When I first joined, things were practically the same, only everybody was happy and working together to create a fun realistic role playing experience. Certain things, such as ammo whoring and spammo and shit like that which broke away from realistic immersion also picked away at the infrastructure. Noobstrike and I have had our lengthy discussions about how we started becoming almost like drones of power looking for ammo and guns, not worrying about essential roleplay elements and it slowly turned into battle/chess with RP rolling and complaining. And that is another thing. So many people used to complain over the combat system, we need to talk about how combat will work, and make a good strong system that isn't easily exploited. I can't tell you how many fucking nights I spent, talking in LOOC over whether or not, a bullet wound would hurt someone as much as it did.

Well that's just about all I have to say, all I know is if we want to bring the community back to where it was and get it even stronger than it was, those are some things to think about.

I agree with just about all of this. Its the specifics of our RP that all corrode the general base of the community. We need a liked agreeable set of rules for every point of RP from combat to medRP, we need to test it and adjust it, agree on it again, and set it in stone so there's no more complaining. Things like S2K, S2M, injury RP, pain, biogel- all the specifics need mapped out and have place to refer to. Now we will have events that will go out of bounds and we have to debate things, but not every 5 minutes or every time someone is shot.

The huge change to C08 was a bad move because people had no time to adjust. If you take a monkey and throw straight in the middle of the ocean, that monkeys gonna drown and get eaten by sharks. But if water slowly creeps up on that monkeys little island over the years, it will start to adapt and it's offspring will be better swimmers or grow webbed monkey hands and you wind up generations later with monkey sea mermaids who are used to the new water change. Well c08 was the ocean, and we took our c45 island and all its monkey player base, and drowned the hell out of them. People need to agree and reach compromises before changes, and if things go wrong, they cant blame anyone but themselves. c08 should have started totally unrestricted, then the administrator should have slowly started locking things down and taking small bits of territory of a few weeks, so the resistance have time to plan how to hide weapons, where to base, how to keep in touch, etc.

We can debate whether weapon variety and special characters are better/worse and should there be more/less later, but I think the base things we need are community consent, time to adjust to changes, and set in stone rules and guides to refer to for 95% of the RP problems.
Noobstrike
Noobstrike
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:48 pm

I think one reason we avoided having RP guides for every little thing is we didn't want to have RP boil down to "hold up lemme just consult the guide that says exactly how this situation plays out" because that's just boring.

EDIT: It's possible we'll be up tomorrow for admin setup and discussion. Stand by for further information.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum