The Crew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hello World.
About Dat Rebel Rp EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:06 pm by DIABLO258

» God damn, 10 whole years.
About Dat Rebel Rp EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 6:02 pm by DIABLO258

» Citizen, Apply.
About Dat Rebel Rp EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:52 am by DIABLO258

» These LONG years.
About Dat Rebel Rp EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:44 am by DIABLO258

» You know what?
About Dat Rebel Rp EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 am by Cergis

» I won't leave you
About Dat Rebel Rp EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm by Lt.FallenAngel

» reminiscing of old times
About Dat Rebel Rp EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:22 am by Gremnkai

» I wonder if
About Dat Rebel Rp EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 9:58 pm by Gremnkai

» Good Memories.
About Dat Rebel Rp EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm by General Bravo

» can't actually reply to anything
About Dat Rebel Rp EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:46 pm by Moose_hater

About Dat Rebel Rp

+6
Chris10023
Mahunik
General Bravo
Gremnkai
Silver
Jaquecz
10 posters

Go down

About Dat Rebel Rp Empty About Dat Rebel Rp

Post  Jaquecz Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:01 am

What exactly are the rebels goals?
Aren't they supposed to be actually resisting the combine?
"PK's" Aren't really an excuse here, a rebel knows what he/she is getting into, so they very well know that they could die, since they're fighting the guys who took over earth in 7 hours.
Yet they still fight, they still try to get freedom mango.

Why aren't the rebels here doing exactly that? The only time i've seen the rebels "resisting" Involves a rebel going to get DWUGZ from the pharmacy because LOLIMAJUNKIE#YOLOSWAG LELELELE

There isn't any actual times the rebels go out and DO shit.
Not to mention, some of the rebels have empty /viewdata's, said rebels could easily go into the plaza, find people they can maybe recruit or something to become bigger and/or stronger.
Set up an underground railroad maybe? You know, so they can actually resist?

The only things that the rebels seem to do, is sit around all day, kill antlions in NPC spam events, and get-off in the corner. And the occasional massive ass circle masturbation jerk off.

Rebels?
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
They're more like refugees, with guns, and armor.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

About Dat Rebel Rp Empty Re: About Dat Rebel Rp

Post  Silver Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:26 am

This again.. You might've been right a while ago, but we're actually doing 90% of the things you suggest already. Even though I'm classified Anti-Citizen, I'm in the plaza loads of times, talking to people and even setting up a supply network . You might not see this when you're playing on CCA or Loyalist, because I try to avoid CCA and loyalists. We are in the plaza, we're just not doing it obvious.

Meleepayne wrote:
Why aren't the rebels here doing exactly that? The only time i've seen the rebels "resisting" Involves a rebel going to get DWUGZ from the pharmacy because LOLIMAJUNKIE#YOLOSWAG LELELELE
In case you're referring to Stacey and Stinger's raid on the pharmacy a while ago, this just makes me sad. It was some good RP. We planned the whole thing, got in there, and "left a mess", which in turn triggered the CCA to do a silent sweep and get their meds back. This was all realistic, with us being stressed, so we forgot to actually "clean it up". We actually messed up because the raid didn't get us anything in the end.

There was no LOLIMAJUNKIE stuff here. We were running low on meds and it made sense to try to get some. In case you think Stacey's the junkie, she's been clean for 2 irl months or so. We just wanted the meds for the medbay.

You complain that we're not resisting, and when we are resisting (hitting the pharmacy for instance) it's not good either. Anyway, RebelRP isn't that active right now anyway, most people are PlazaRP'ing now.

The only things that the rebels seem to do, is sit around all day, kill antlions in NPC spam events, and get-off in the corner.
When we're in the slums (as I said, this doesn't happen that much atm), we do a lot of passive RP. A lot. And it's fun. We have some epic stories going on, character development and all that stuff. What's wrong with sitting around a bit ? Developing characters isn't a bad thing you know.

Just my opinion on this.
Silver
Silver
Technical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Silver wrote:This again.. You might've been right a while ago, but we're actually doing 90% of the things you suggest already. Even though I'm classified Anti-Citizen, I'm in the plaza loads of times, talking to people and even setting up a supply network . You might not see this when you're playing on CCA or Loyalist, because I try to avoid CCA and loyalists. We are in the plaza, we're just not doing it obvious.
Meleepayne wrote:
In case you're referring to Stacey and Stinger's raid on the pharmacy a while ago, this just makes me sad. It was some good RP. We planned the whole thing, got in there, and "left a mess", which in turn triggered the CCA to do a silent sweep and get their meds back. This was all realistic, with us being stressed, so we forgot to actually "clean it up". We actually messed up because the raid didn't get us anything in the end.
Sorry about the loljunkie shit, i realize it was good rp, but still, its not really resisting, its just more survival, your running out of meds, some necessities, of course your going to go raid the pharmacy resistance or not. Besides erica going to the outlands and coming back with moar supplies and always seems to come back with moar supplies, and moar, and moar, and even moar. Never seems to run into a snag and end up not being able to bring back much "needed" supplies.
There was no LOLIMAJUNKIE stuff here. We were running low on meds and it made sense to try to get some. In case you think Stacey's the junkie, she's been clean for 2 irl months or so. We just wanted the meds for the medbay.
You complain that we're not resisting, and when we are resisting (hitting the pharmacy for instance) it's not good either. Anyway, RebelRP isn't that active right now anyway, most people are PlazaRP'ing now.
Not that active? well, it might be because i practically rage quitted the server earlier. But everyone was always on their rebel/refugee we had super america making excuses to stay in the slums on a refugee who recently had his shit cleaned, for what? because he got IDed? The same with lucy, we also had grem sitting on stinger for almost the entire past week.
The only things that the rebels seem to do, is sit around all day, kill antlions in NPC spam events, and get-off in the corner.
When we're in the slums (as I said, this doesn't happen that much atm), we do a lot of passive RP. A lot. And it's fun. We have some epic stories going on, character development and all that stuff. What's wrong with sitting around a bit ? Developing characters isn't a bad thing you know.[/quote]

Its not the sitting around, and there is nothing wrong with char developments, after all, thats the entire point of rp. Its that the rebels aren't being "Rebelly" The pharmacy raid was a neccessity, not exactly an act of rebellion, IRL someone could be doing that and it would be for survival and probably out of desperation or something.
Whats the point of even being a rebel, if your not going to actually rebel, basically the rebels in this server decided "living under combine rule is bad, so im gonna go rebel!" Without even doing any of the rebel stuff, the "Rebels" are basically just a bunch of refugees, that kill anyone that try to find safe haven, "u r prolly spy, u must dai"
Instead of trying to find ways to topple the legs of the giant that is known as the combine so that they may cut its head off, they just stay in hiding, indefinitely, they don't try to become a bigger, complex and a much bigger serious threat to the combine, they just hide from them all day long, shoo other people out, and actually make them look like the bad guys, and rule under the combine a more preferable fate.
[I realize the OOC reasons for this, but still]
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Melee are you really trying to bring me into this? I've been getting on my civie and my cca a lot lately. Leave me out of this. I'll post more when I get home
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:08 pm

Throwing people out isn't entirely an OOC thing. Sure, the rebels seem well-supplied enough at the moment. Suppose they had to worry about every moron who happened to slip by checkpoint B who had no food and no idea how to survive. Wouldn't have much for themselves, would they?

And I'm pretty sure assaulting a UU authorized store would classify as an attack. You wouldn't attack a supply train because "fuck u u don't get supplies", not in a fight like this. You don't risk lives out of spite, you risk them out of need. Maybe, once in a blue moon, you go balls deep on a gamble in the hopes that it will pay off and that you won't lose everything. The end fight in Star Wars Episode IV is a prime example. If they had most, much of the rebel high command would've been dead, as well as a good amount of their fighter squadrons.

The rebels aren't going to blitzkrieg the Combine simply because "that's what rebels do". No. Doesn't work that way, unless you're deliberately going on a suicide offensive. At best, in this situation, the rebels can maybe hope that a bunch of small, annoying attacks add up to a significant wound. Of course, those draw significant counteroffensives.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:34 pm

I completely agree with this topic. We have far more then enough rebels and refugees simply because everyone uses the slums and quarry as a safe haven. Not only this but rebels can easily climb onto the roofs which protects them from any sort of /me (But of now of course you can S2K when someone is in the open.) I often go into civilian clothing and mix in with the crowds and cause disruption and chaos as much as possible, so I'm asking the others to help. Stop these stupid circle jerks and pointless conversations. Do some real damage so you can actually have a story to tell. This even goes for myself. If you die, well you've come along ways, and you've done what many haven't. And one thing. We need more CCA rp, do more sweeps! Do anything to get this server full of action!
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Oh, if it's sweeps you want, it's sweeps you'll get. The new CmD won't be satisfied until the rebels are few in number(less than 5), completely boxed in, and unable to escape D6. That being said, he isn't personally going to go in with a derp squad made up of 06-04s, as that would be strategic and literal suicide.

And if you're worried about what will happen if you visit the plaza trying to sow discontent, then don't sow discontent. Nick doesn't, preferring instead to blend in, act the loyalist by reporting mainly minor offenses, and gathering intel. Basically, if his record was checked, he would not be a suspect for the CCA any more than Barney was early on in HL2.

And to elaborate, the only way to do real damage is to coordinate and plan an attack on a target of some significance. Randomly charging in guns blazing won't do damage, just probably get you killed. So will your average one man army approach, so don't try to an hero unless you're gonna die either way.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Gremnkai wrote:Melee are you really trying to bring me into this? I've been getting on my civie and my cca a lot lately. Leave me out of this. I'll post more when I get home
Yo dawg, i ain't trying to start anything. I'm simply typing out what i know.
Besides, like i said. I pretty much rage quitted TC for a while.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris10023 Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:25 am

The lack of the resistance "resisting" probably has something to do with the constant sweeps, I saw two of them yesterday, hard to do shit when the resistance can't do anything
Chris10023
Chris10023
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:37 am

No, that's not it at all. We have gone days without sweeps.

The Rebels are caught up within their own drama. All they want to do is RP with each other because they all like and understand one another. The worst thing to call a sweep is crazy, its dismissive.
"I don't understand this sweep, so the CCA are crazy" That's bullshit. The CCA have every reason to sweep.
The more time you don't fight back, the more time the CCA can plan their own attacks. Its not the CCA holding them back, its themselves thinking they are being held back.

Seriously, if you want to make moves, make moves. Just remember that the CCA will be on top of the situation, and you need to bare your teeth to make it through the onslaught of Units.

Oh and FearRP. But don't forget that scene in A bug's life. All of the Ants rise TOGETHER to fight the grasshoppers. Strength in numbers is the best way to remove fear.

Mahunik, you cant S2K if they are in the open. You can pop a few shots to wound them so they go back to cover. Only kill people with /me's.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Precinct Helghast Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:02 am

DIABLO258 wrote:No, that's not it at all. We have gone days without sweeps.

The Rebels are caught up within their own drama. All they want to do is RP with each other because they all like and understand one another. The worst thing to call a sweep is crazy, its dismissive.
"I don't understand this sweep, so the CCA are crazy" That's bullshit. The CCA have every reason to sweep.
The more time you don't fight back, the more time the CCA can plan their own attacks. Its not the CCA holding them back, its themselves thinking they are being held back.

Seriously, if you want to make moves, make moves. Just remember that the CCA will be on top of the situation, and you need to bare your teeth to make it through the onslaught of Units.

Oh and FearRP. But don't forget that scene in A bug's life. All of the Ants rise TOGETHER to fight the grasshoppers. Strength in numbers is the best way to remove fear.

Mahunik, you cant S2K if they are in the open. You can pop a few shots to wound them so they go back to cover. Only kill people with /me's.
Open also means not peaking around the corner to shoot apparently from last nights sweep STINGER.
Precinct Helghast
Precinct Helghast
Obsidian Donator

Back to top Go down

Post  Corestealer Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Not to bring in any differences, but in HL2 the resistance didn't really "resist" until Gordon Freeman returned. The reason I don't rebel on Gul'Tak is because Gordon Freeman doesn't return till 202-, we are still in 2016 we have 13 years at the most until he returns. I mean isn't HL2RP supposed to include HL2 lore? The uprising was when The Freeman returned. Just think about this for a bit.
Corestealer
Corestealer
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Corestealer wrote:Not to bring in any differences, but in HL2 the resistance didn't really "resist" until Gordon Freeman returned. The reason I don't rebel on Gul'Tak is because Gordon Freeman doesn't return till 202-, we are still in 2016 we have 13 years at the most until he returns. I mean isn't HL2RP supposed to include HL2 lore? The uprising was when The Freeman returned. Just think about this for a bit.
Lolwut
The resistance had always been resisting, take a look at what they've doing, stockpiling weapons, we have them sneaking out refugees with obviously carefully constructed "Underground Railways" Theres also the fact that most of the resistance didn't really know about Gordon until he popped up and started to fuck shit up.
your definition of resisting seems to be openly engaging the combine in the streets and an uprising. Just because the resistance doesn't pull off shit like that 24/7 doesn't mean that they aren't resisting. Besides, the uprising was pretty much a "Take em down or die trying" thing. Its a one in the barrel, you make it count, or you die.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaquecz Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:15 pm

The problem with this is that the rebels don't want to risk getting PK'd, they want to instead just talk to eachother and simply just sit around and survive instead of doing REAL resisting. because the only time they would bust a move, is when they know they won't get hit back.
The whole point of the lambda was to resist the combine, meaning actual movements that would get the attention of the combine, really there is a bunch of ways to avoid them after busting a move, like hiding out in the plaza, and sticking in a group. You think someone is noticing you for what you really are? kill them.
Jaquecz
Jaquecz

Back to top Go down

Post  Slashraider Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:06 pm

I don't know why you brought me into this, but since you have I will say my part. If you don't already know I have the Character of "Lucy". She is one of my newest characters. I have been playing on her a lot because I feel as if (Even though she is new) she is the most developed out of them all. If any of my characters were to be PK'd. She would be the one I would feel the worst about if she did. I don't slumsrp all the time. She only has around 13hrs-1 day. All my other characters have more than a day. I have a level 5 loyalist who has a job and I RP a lot with him, my CCA whom I care deeply because I love being a CCA, and my vort which is just a new character with around 10 hours which I passive RP with. The first few weeks of me joining the server was to be honest, quite boring because there was minimal action and a lot of time it was just passive rp. Now I love passive rp. The reason the slums rp is so great is because they are the most developed characters. With not many people there, you become quick friends and create relationships with other players. Meeting Stinger IC, I quickly became friends with him through steam, and the same with @masey and other members. A lot of times you see or "think" we are in the slums, we really are not. As what most people said, we blend in.. On my Lucy character I mostly spent most of my time in the plaza, helping out other resistance members from the inside. I do admit now I spend a lot of times just passive rping in the slums, but I do go to the plaza now and again, and not just for a few minutes... It can be up to hours in game (Days IC)... Sorry for this rant but I just feel it is unfair to hate on the slumsRPers just because you think we are not doing anything...
Slashraider
Slashraider
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mahunik Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:43 pm

DIABLO258 wrote:

By S2K I ment wound, I know not to kill unless using /me's. I guess we could call it S2W (Shoot 2 wound)
Mahunik
Mahunik
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Gentleman Wilson wrote:

Open also means not peaking around the corner to shoot apparently from last nights sweep STINGER.
Maybe you should act suppressed when I'm firing at you instead of peaking out like a dumb ass.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  General Bravo Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:32 pm

There was 3 of us and one of you. The most you would realistically have been able to keep us "supressed" for was the initial shots. After that, you'd be the one who would be clinging to cover much more heavily. Oh, and your "peeking out" was generally our "come out and return fire". If you just S2W/S2K everyone who ever does that, you're gonna have a bad time.
General Bravo
General Bravo
Super Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gremnkai Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:41 pm

That was what I was doing. I could keep you suppressed for a clip THEN you pop out. Not pop out when I'm firing.
Gremnkai
Gremnkai
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  DIABLO258 Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Alright this has become an argument. I'm locking the topic.

People RP differently than others. Just because you managed to survive longer, or be a better shot, or what ever does not mean the other person should RP the same way, or take advice from you. If you don't S2K, or S2W, you will have a bad time. I guarantee it.
DIABLO258
DIABLO258
Owner

https://thecrew.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down